I actually watched the game with extended. Every game, that`s why the progress has been so slow. As far as i`m concerned, barcelona performed brilliantly, i was undefeated till february (the time i stopped playing due to irl). only 2 draws, one was madrid, where i dominated the **** out of them. Cr speed >>> bartra/pique speed. The other draw, got a red card and was using subs cuz already qualified against psg -.-

Central defenders need speed. Along with the mental stats (anticipation-predicts movement and actions of teammates and opponents; Bravery - how willing is to stop a player despite injuries; composure - how he acts under pressure; DECISIONS - this being high allows players to take the right decisions for the team on and off the ball, this should be high for central mid/especially central def; POSITIONING = the opposite of off the ball. How a player positions himself; concentration, determination. These all matter, that`s why having pique/puyol/good def matters over any random joe with good central def tackling/header/strenght.

As for the speed, this was clearly visible when Guardiola used to play Busquets as CB. Guy lacked speed, there were 2 counters where he could not keep up with the attacking threat`s pace. That`s why he sucks at cb role. But in terms of positioning, tackling, movement on and off the ball and first touch, he is undoubtedly the best defensive midfielder in the game.

Actually you can use OI and you should use OI. Because the instructions being given there are not over ruling TI and PI excepting probably the central defs and/or wing backs. Wing backs as the tactic is are used for attacking push, it`s not so bad if they get instructed to man mark (they already are closing down) man marking adds to the pressing. Show onto weaker foot has no TI/PI correspondent.

Central defs should be used by the tactic in hard games anyways. If you lack the time to manually adjust the tactic on a game by game basis, you should prolly use the OI.

Make sure you got an assistant manager with good tactics/tactics knowledge/adaptability/determination/level of discipline.

I recommend Mauro Tassotti from Ac Milan. Pro in game, total noob @ Milan.

Later edit at pacey strikers/creative team.
You should look how the other team plays and deny the play. If you got barcelona it`s easy, as they have good mid good defenders. If you got a small team go mourinho style. For instance if they have a very creative midfielder that supplies the through balls and the goals come mostly from mid side/his assist, deny him play by having 2 def mid manmark him and kill the play from midfield. That`s what Mou did at messi. He had him marked by cambiasso and cristi chivu (a lb/central def). When he was at Real, 2 def mid also.

Vs purely pacey strikers, dropping the defensive line is a way of doing it.

Personally I always prefer players with better mental stats than any other stats: you maybe a weak passing player, but at least be determined and have good decisions :)

As for OI I was referring to be a kind of redundant, for instance if setting a TI Hassle Opponents there's no need to set PIs or OIs to press more; if the TI is unticked, ok, then setting PIs is needed (or leave PIs and just set OI); the same goes for Close Down and Get Stuck In. These are 3 instructions that can be set either in TI, PI or OI, there's no need to set them all because they have a hierarchy: OI over rules PI and PI over rules TI (as OI will over rule TI). This is more a trade of ideas, nothing to do with your tactic although I've tried it for a match or two and I liked (I don't like to use other people's tactics, I prefer to create my own babies :) ).

True, everyone can use whatever he wishes.
So far i have just 1 draw (the save with the second crashed so had to go back 8 matches ;/)

I am curious if i can go through the whole season undefeated. The next goal would be all wins, the next : no goals received. -.-

Try to make some magic with accomplishing a very high pressing to win back possession and at the same time if your players fail make them drop deeper. This is one thing Barcelona did that I think it's impossible to replicate in FM... obviously due to lack of tactical options.

They already are dropping down.
View attachment 414300

Ball was at falque, bartra moves forward to deny the play, ball bounces back to ze castro who is tackled succesfully by alves. In the meanwhile there are 5 of my players vs 4 of theirs which means very unlikely to get a shot on.

Ball won @ mid, alves will pass to alexis who will lob a player to assist messi for a shot :)

hum, well the support duties of the IFs will make them to help more defending. Do you use specific man-marking on your IFs ? Asking because I think it's the only way to turn the 433 into a 4141 when the team isn't able to recover possession high on the pitch.

Yep, the whole front has instructions to Close More/Tackle easy/Man Mark. So when/if their wing back will try to move forward, my IF drops to mark them allowing Alves/Alba not to ever be caught 1v2 :)

Plus that Busquets should be covering if any unmarked goes past mid line.

2-0 at psg -.-

Ok, with specific man-mark you're right on the spot :D I usually set my IFs to man-mark the opposition wingers, not the opposition FBs or WBs, but the wingers. As they are set to press more, they will try to hassle the FBs but then they drop deeper to man-mark the wingers. Do you use Messi to man-mark a CD or make him drop deeper man-marking a midfielder ? Here, I guess man-marking the best passing opposition CD would be the better option: this way, Messi is high on the pitch when the team recovers the ball and the better passing opposition CD is man-mark leaving the weaker one with the ball.

Marking the wingers = not effective because that is not pressupre up the pitch. The opp central defense would then have 3 passing options totally unmarked by your players. Messi is set to Man mark, being played up the pitch in Treq Role, he will position inbetween the 2 def and try to rob from one. He only drops to mid when in possesion to help build up play.

Yep, the whole front has instructions to Close More/Tackle easy/Man Mark. So when/if their wing back will try to move forward, my IF drops to mark them allowing Alves/Alba not to ever be caught 1v2 :)

Plus that Busquets should be covering if any unmarked goes past mid line.

2-0 at psg -.-

do you mean via OI's?

Marking the wingers = not effective because that is not pressupre up the pitch. The opp central defense would then have 3 passing options totally unmarked by your players. Messi is set to Man mark, being played up the pitch in Treq Role, he will position inbetween the 2 def and try to rob from one. He only drops to mid when in possesion to help build up play.

They will still press the opp because of Hassle and Very High Defense Line, then they drop deeper to man-mark. It's the only way to change the tactical setting from a 433 / 343 to a defensive process of 4141, because without this the IFs react too late when the opp FBs go further forward (a ME problem that would be very appreciated if they would fix it). Oh, I forgot, that ppm's play also a fundamental role.

But do you instruct Messi to specific man-mark or just a zonal mark tighter ? Because the Treq doesn't hassle opponents.

I still don't know if individual OI's are more suited than positional OI's. Have you tried this ?

fantastic tactic mate. really good. how do you recomend general trainnig and match preparation?