well it look like your back to your old ways i see the tac you are on about is a very good tac and where on his post did he say it would work for a lower team all you have to do is use another tac till you build your team up like i did with my san marino team then give it a go just cos you could not get it to work there is no need to have a go at the guy like i could not get this tac to work but do you see me come on here and say its **** if you dont like it just move on end of

Show me a single decent counter tactic in these forums. Right, there is none, had to build it all up from scratch.

I see counter Juve tactics with short passing (?!?!?!?!) and very fluid, when did you last see bonucci attacking ? The sole guy that ventures in attack was chiellini and his movement is defined in game by ppm. So most of the tactics here are a joke.

But guess i`ll have to open another topic about those, which i will.

Going to try this with Newcastle mate just a quick coupe of questions, if I use the counter for tough away games is there anything else I need to change about the tactic?

I had another question but cant remember right now but im sure I will have 100 more when im in and playing with it.

Show me a single decent counter tactic in these forums. Right, there is none, had to build it all up from scratch.

I see counter Juve tactics with short passing (?!?!?!?!) and very fluid, when did you last see bonucci attacking ? The sole guy that ventures in attack was chiellini and his movement is defined in game by ppm. So most of the tactics here are a joke.

But guess i`ll have to open another topic about those, which i will.
get over yourself just cos you cant get it to work

I would not play this in counter.

I would typically set a formation with wingers, a good aerial header target man, then "play narrow" to allow your team to stay compact in defense and to force the opposition play wider (assuming you got better wingers/wingbacks), exploit the flanks (wingers that are instructed to "run forward" when off the ball via pi or ppm).

go route one can be good for counters, providing the fact that you got good passers back or good movement forwards/wingers forward. Pump ball into box or hit early crosses should also be useful, i tipically instruct my full backs to cross (better crossing than central defs ehm)

I`ll try to make a counter tactic later this evening, quite busy atm.

Haha, with my tactic i have 140 goal difference, 14 goals received the whole season.

It works flawlessly, mate. (H)

Never mind him kitchin75. He spoke in this forum as though he's a REAL football manager ala Pep Guardiola in REAL life; or he's employed by Miles Jacobson to test the ME. So he knew ME just as he learnt how to talk and walk on his first day on earth. Our views or approvals are not needed.

Since he likes to bash other people's tactics in order to make his stand out, let's hope people in this forum see through his acidic childish marketing campaign and still give his tactic a honorable try.

Last edited:
I would not play this in counter.

I would typically set a formation with wingers, a good aerial header target man, then "play narrow" to allow your team to stay compact in defense and to force the opposition play wider (assuming you got better wingers/wingbacks), exploit the flanks (wingers that are instructed to "run forward" when off the ball via pi or ppm).

go route one can be good for counters, providing the fact that you got good passers back or good movement forwards/wingers forward. Pump ball into box or hit early crosses should also be useful, i tipically instruct my full backs to cross (better crossing than central defs ehm)

I`ll try to make a counter tactic later this evening, quite busy atm.

Haha, with my tactic i have 140 goal difference, 14 goals received the whole season.

It works flawlessly, mate. (H)

which tacic do you have a goal difference like that with?

Wheres the link for the tactic

Down the page, original first post.

I started a new save with barca "lfc update" with cesc sold and valdes released + de stegen signed.

View attachment 370876

0 shots on/off goal

View attachment 370874

25% fluid. So i dont know how people say "its not really working".

The guy having played Real, i dont really know how you get such bad results. You re doin it wrong, mate.

Would you say that the PPMs are very important for making the tactic work?

End of season.

View attachment 370499
View attachment 370498
View attachment 370497

The defeats were mostly when i had the team rest and i plugged in the 2-nd squad. Won BBVA with 8 games remaining, in the rest of the matches played second squad.

100 goal difference again, the reason i received more is i was rotating the squad a lot so the youngsters increase value so i can sell and make shitloads of cash at the end of the season.

Why ?

1. want to have 150.000 stadium named after me.
2. aiming to 15 mil/month in abroad merchandising.
3. aiming for worldwide scouting knowledge. In case you did not know, knowing south africa allows to sign youngsters generated from the clubs there. Sometimes this is like a cheat, as they can be pretty **** good.
4. Have a son in youth team.

That's all i want from the save. Atm it seems pretty imposible to have a merchandising club with Barcelona. Has to be a **** bug.

Last edited:
If you can create a tactic that can make any team play like Barcelona and succeed - you're the man.

Have tried this tactic with mid table teams like Southampton and Stade Rennais. Did not work particularly well.

The ME hates tiki taka.

If you can create a tactic that can make any team play like Barcelona and succeed - you're the man.

Have tried this tactic with mid table teams like Southampton and Stade Rennais. Did not work particularly well.

The ME hates tiki taka.

You can`t play tiki taka with any team. You need specific players for that. Either youngsters you develop or types of players you buy. Why ?

Tiki taka is based on short passees. But also roaming on the pitch, constant movement of players onto the pitch, interchangingpositions - the players from the lower teams simply don't have the required attributes to know where to be on the pitch. Either when creating/on the ball, or when off the ball and out of possesion. Not knowing how to move on the ball = no chances, while not knowing how to move off the ball = getting caught out of position = most likely a goal.

You could build a shorter passing system with very rigid to make players respect every instruction you give then go Player Instruction and fine-tune everything. But that it will not be tiki-taka. It will be a short-passing organised system.

So what teams do you think/know that this tactic will work with. Also, since it's so player based, make a shortlist of players you recommend?

What if I want to play "Instant Result". Do I have to select any template or should I just play without game plan?

I plugged this into a new Newcastle save I started, where I plan to only buy English and develop youth and it ended up saving me from getting sacked. I don't score bucket loads of goals, but it's sound and usually only concede to some corners here or there.

Going to train my youth specifically for this tactic, brought on Will Hughes and Tom Huddlestone in the winter. Would you train youth in the positions in which they'll be playing?

Also, through about 10 games or so the right winger seems all but useless and barely rates about 6.2 every match. Will dropping him to AMR/IF jack things up or?

Last edited:
I plugged this into a new Newcastle save I started, where I plan to only buy English and develop youth and it ended up saving me from getting sacked. I don't score bucket loads of goals, but it's sound and usually only concede to some corners here or there.

Going to train my youth specifically for this tactic, brought on Will Hughes and Tom Huddlestone in the winter. Would you train youth in the positions in which they'll be playing?

Also, through about 10 games or so the right winger seems all but useless and barely rates about 6.2 every match. Will dropping him to AMR/IF jack things up or?

In my team he`s the second goalscorer. Make sure you got the right ppms and/or leg for that guy.