PES 2010 (Pro Evolution Soccer 2010)

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 388
  • Views Views 64K
Hopefully it's a pretty early build and it's been improved on because there are so many things wrong with it...

• No animations for various things such as cancelling shots/passes.
  • Goalkeepers are terrible - their handling and decision making.
  • When you're dribbling, even at a slow pace, you never feel in control of the ball.
  • Slide tackles - still useless for winning back possesion. 9/10 times you will be beat to the ball by the layer you tackled.
  • Normal tackles - if you manage to tackle someone the ball is likely to bounce around randomly and often ends up putting the player in an even better position than before.
  • Barcelona, seriously how are you supposed to defend against them? Messi is twice as fast as anyone else in the game.
  • Player switching, when trying to defend against fast players it's impossible because you can never switch to a defender in a good posiiton who can come across and close them down. Instead it always switches to a defender just behind the man in possesion who has no chance of chasing him down.

In the previous PES games, I always had a problem with loose balls almost ALWAYS going straight to an AI player. Like if I slide tackle someone and the ball goes flying, bam it lands right at the feet of a waiting opponent. Or a cross comes in and it's deflected away, bam it'll go straight to an AI player who doesn't have to move.

In this new PES, this doesn't happen anymore! I actually had balls land near me which I havn't seen happen since before PES 2007. The AI now is also capable (or incapable?) of bad passes! Before they never misjudged a pass, now occassionally they will! (playing on Professional difficulty)

Apparently,according to PESgaming.com its a quite early build of the game.

just played a few games with most of the teams. I have to say the goalies are good sometimes and terrible other times. It also appears the scripted AI momentum cheating is still in the game. Whenever they want to, they turn it on, and they become an unstoppable tank, I'm positive their CBs could make Buffon look foolish when they flip the switch.

just played a few games with most of the teams. I have to say the goalies are good sometimes and terrible other times. It also appears the scripted AI momentum cheating is still in the game. Whenever they want to, they turn it on, and they become an unstoppable tank, I'm positive their CBs could make Buffon look foolish when they flip the switch.
Im winning most games on top player with Germany,must be you lol.

Messi is actually unstoppable, he owned my whole defence

I get shots on goal, just can't sink em. But have you ever noticed the scripted AI momentum in PES? It is a "feature" that konami confirmed.

I didn't like it at all. I had been playing all day on the FIFA demo and then I gave lee a few games on the PES 2010 demo which just felt awful.

- The passing is terrible, you just have to hope the game passes the ball to the person you want.
- Like Lee said the players never feel in control of the ball. It just seems to bobble around in between their legs when you move with it.
- Goalkeepers just flop around and parry it everywhere and anywhere.

I was planning on buying both PES & FIFA this year but from playing that demo I think I will just get FIFA. Nice return to form from PES :'(

Apparently,according to PESgaming.com its a quite early build of the game.

Wouldn't surprise if they rushed it just to get it out because the FIFA Demo seems to have been getting quite positive reviews.

Yeh same as sean, i think the demo is bad and i am definetly getting fifa again this year.

Yeah, I also hate how you have to pray that your passes go to who you want. Nothing like seeing a striker make a run, and you give him a through pass, only to have the ball travel a couple feet to the guy beside you.

passing and responsiveness are the couple of problems in the game that keep popping up. Even if I tap pass, it seems to take forever to get the pass of, perhaps the players just dont have good technique. Also passing to the wrong person is also very annoying...perhaps I should learn the manual pass buttons.

the only possitive ive had from the game is that it will have hearts in it im a pro fan but have to say that fifa has just been so more advanced which is disapointing because i love the master league but gameplay has let it done so badly hopefully the demo was just a rough copy of the game it just felt so static and boring :@

Ditto i cannot wait to go Hearts on Pro Ev
thats whats had me buzzing most about the game. theres aberdeen and of course the old firm hopefully they dont miss out players like c.thompson

Back