Phil Jones Completes Manchester United Deal

DMF

@dmf180593
Reaction score
Phil Jones has completed his £16.6M deal to Manchester United, signing a five-year deal from Blackburn.

Breaking news on Sky Sports.
Link to folllow..

Very happy with this.. future looks bright.

Him and Smalling will be the future number 1 CB pairing at Man Utd and possibly England too. Great player

Currently overrated (no doubting there is some talent though) and very much overpriced. Wish we had sold David Wheater after he had one good season in the EPL, £16m would have been nice.

Better buying a £16m <20 year old than £40m on a 29/30 year old though, I suppose - least when he flops he can be sold for a decent fee because he's young and English. Also the reported £40k a week is ridiculous.

Very glad we signed him. He has all the attributes to become our CB in the future and mainstay in the defense along with Smalling

jonesm.jpg

Im sure in the mean time he will enjoy the reserves...

£10 million too much purely because of his nationality. It's been over 5 seasons since i was last at a pro club, making me worth £0, but the passport i carry means i must be worth £10 million, sign me up.

looks like United were using the FM 11 scouting reports...;)

Him and Smalling will be the future number 1 CB pairing at Man Utd and possibly England too. Great player

very unfortunately, their is this player called Nathaniel Chalobah who is also english so no they wont partner each other for England ;)

Very good signing for now and the future. Looked very good last against Spain U21. He looked calm and showed that he can play from the back and his partnership with Chris Smalling also looks very good. Future partnership for Manchester United and possibly England in years to come.

Last edited:
Seems that the deal could be worth over £17.5m as Blackburn have said that it is a potential club record sale.

was just a matter of time future is lookin good at back with smalling and jones both looked good against spain worth every penny imo

I have to say there's going to be quite some good English CB's in a few years.
Smalling/Jones/Coady/Caulker etc etc.

hope they get given a chance in first team and not upson and lescott and all other england cb rejects time to start buildin for future world cup

whether we utilise it well is the question. got some great players about to come through, yet we still play a poor style. Give Pearce the job, if it goes to Redknapp, then England are ******