Playing as liverpool. First season. Need transfer advice

• Thread starter Thread starter Mijaan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 185
  • Views Views 21K
Yup it's well more satisfying than using somebody elses. And thats a shame, I hate when I lose the 2nd leg of a champions league game, even if I still win on aggregate, it just doesn't feel the same!

I bought Matias Fernandez for about 7million to play AMC so he looks like a good signing. Unfortunately, first game against Man City (in which I drew 0-0) he got injured and is out for a month, as well as Alonso for 2 months! :(

Yup it's well more satisfying than using somebody elses. And thats a shame, I hate when I lose the 2nd leg of a champions league game, even if I still win on aggregate, it just doesn't feel the same!

indeed.

i knew i was gonna lose as soon as i took senna off tho.

he is really the driving force of my team, as soon as he retires it would be hard to replace him:(

Yeah he's aging a bit isn't he. I'm trying to get my hands on him at the moment, have put a bid in for 7 million after selling Benayoun for 12.5mil to Man City (haha) so hopefully I'll get him soon. He will do well along side Gerrard or Alonso, or even as as a replacement for Mascherano if he gets injured.

Yeah he's aging a bit isn't he. I'm trying to get my hands on him at the moment, have put a bid in for 7 million after selling Benayoun for 12.5mil to Man City (haha) so hopefully I'll get him soon. He will do well along side Gerrard or Alonso, or even as as a replacement for Mascherano if he gets injured.

if you do get him,

he would be vital in the big games, it really depends how you use him.

in big games get him to man mark the match winners eg - lampard, gerrard,fabregas, ronaldo and others

if your going to use him like an playmaker or a player that get foward trying to do miracles then keep dreaming, Play him with discipline(dont give him no creative freedom) get him to do the 'dirty work' like man mark the other teams playmakers, and with him staying back it let's your plamaker(probs gerrard) do the miracles going foward.

use him right hes untouchable!

Thanks for the tips Gary, they've rejected my 7 mil bid so put in again for 8 million.

Just beat Newcastle 2-0 with 2 unlikely goal scorers; Lucas and Carra! I've got Torres and Huntelaar up front and Lucas and Carra score!

Praise Paloschi and he is yours. Balotelli is a predictable but good move. Sell Babel was probably a bad move, so was selling Alonso and Benayoun. Sell Keane for as much as you can get for him (Villa offered me 17 million) and replace him with some real class. Playing Kuyt up front I think would be a good move, he always does well for me alongside Torres.

Artem Milevskyi would also be a good addition as an alternative to Pogrebnyiak (too predictable). Carve out your own wonder signings and not just the ones in the players section. You're just reliving other people's history then aren't you?

Thanks for the tips Gary, they've rejected my 7 mil bid so put in again for 8 million.

Just beat Newcastle 2-0 with 2 unlikely goal scorers; Lucas and Carra! I've got Torres and Huntelaar up front and Lucas and Carra score!

meh thats why im here

glad to help.

carra always scores from corners!

back guys, been to cinema haha.
I've just got to my second season on FM2009 so i wont be starting a new game any time soon.

Any other noticable big changes within the new patch?
Also.
Is there an easy way to install player faces and proper badges for teams (i dont wanna mess my game up though)

back guys, been to cinema haha.
I've just got to my second season on FM2009 so i wont be starting a new game any time soon.

Any other noticable big changes within the new patch?
Also.
Is there an easy way to install player faces and proper badges for teams (i dont wanna mess my game up though)

the major changes i found out is the '7star coaches' thingy

for a coach now they need motivation, determination, level of discipline and etc making the game more realistic which is good for me anyway probs not other people.

the easiest way i find installing player faces and badges are too follow the guides they give you great simple steps and makes it very easy to understand.

aye, i think i've figured it out! :P

7star coaches? So now they've changed how coaches work then?
Any indepth detail into that anywhere?

aye, i think i've figured it out! :P

7star coaches? So now they've changed how coaches work then?
Any indepth detail into that anywhere?

they changed them because they thought 7star coaches were soo easy to get.

on 9.2 all you need was 18 fitness rating to get 7 stars in either 'strength' or 'aerobic'

but now on 9.3 you need all sorts soo its rare to even get a 6 star lol.

Well it was from a free kick and he did whack it in with his head so yeah, good old Carra.

Senna isn't coming though sadly, I've put in my maximum bid of 12.25mil for him and they're not accepting, even with a Riera part exchange!

Didn't see you there Mijaan, I'm well too slow posting haha. Yeah I wont be updating any time soon either, I just don't see the point for me yet. And ****, i'm not going through setting up the ****** coaches again.

Last edited:
Well it was from a free kick and he did whack it in with his head so yeah, good old Carra.

Senna isn't coming though sadly, I've put in my maximum bid of 12.25mil for him and they're not accepting, even with a Riera part exchange!

0o unlucky man. anywayz gotta go be on later.

figured it out! I had put them all in the right place, just didnt tick 'always reload skin on continue' or whatever it was. Wonder if theres any nice skins for fm09 then. i'll take a look!

anyway back on topic.
Aye i came 6th in my first season, they offered me a new 2 year contract with double the pay to try and tempt me to stay.

I'm still on the look out for that lovely Left Wing back that will completely sort my team out for this season!

Last edited:
Good to hear! I've got the logos and stuff myself but i'm not a fan of the skins, they put the continue button in all sorts of places!

Have a look at Juan Manuel Vargas mate, he seems like a top buy.

back,

mijaan why did you thank me when i didnt even help you? lol

Juan Manuel Vargas? Will do. How much you reckon i could pull him away for.
Also, don't pay too much for senna... he IS a good player no doubt but he just doesnt seem to gel well with my liverpool side at all..

I dunno, maybe it's just something that happened in my game.

Either way, i'm still hanging onto him, i'm hoping he'll turn into a superstar player for me sometime soon...
Sold Javi Garica, he was alright but in the long run not worth the effort... He'd get 5 or 6's at best sometimes and i'd feel like it was a waste of time putting him on, i'd bench him, his morale dropped straight away and then he'd be upset at being dropped from first time (even though im not gonna play **** players am i?) and eventually wanted to be transfered mid season. I finally swug him around towards the end of the season and he had a good few solid performances but then began to slack again...

He was happy to return to a spanish side anyway, i think he didnt enjoy england very much...

but senna... hm.

Just want a good performance from him, from now on!

--

you both helped me earlier on in this thread.

im on a slow internet connection ATM and i didnt really see the point in searching through the other posts :P

Well I didn't get Senna but I got Veloso for 11.75mil and I have a feeling he'll fit right in :D

Well I got an offer accepted for just under 10mil and I was well pleased but he didn't want to sign a contract with me as he had just joined Fiorentina but obviously this is at the start of June 08 so you should be able to snap him up yourself as long as you give him a good contract. But I am glad I didn't get him as I did need another MC - Veloso.

Last edited:
maybe give senna a few more months...

mijaan would you post some pics of the 'player instructions' you give senna then maybe i can help get him playing better?

be better if you posted something for me to get an idea of garry mate, At minute, like i said, dodgy internet connection, if i try upload owt i'll probably get disconnected.

Back