Pokemon..

• Thread starter Thread starter rosenrot
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 86K
on the 8th gym now, forgot how little there is to do in this version :S got a tough squad though.

lv36 Pidgeot
lv34 Flareon
lv34 Ampharos
lv32 Machoke
lv32 Feraligatr
lv32 Scyther

Yeah, as Billy said, you might struggle.
If your Feraligatr knows Ice Fang then it's super effective against the Dragon Pokemon. If not, then you can always purchase Blizzard back in Goldenrod.

Im going to get Growlithe to level 45 then try and get a fire stone so it evolves :)

Still haven't got to fighting Claire yet, as I'm levelling my Bulbasaur up and trying to balance out my team seeing as Gengar is 46, Dragonair is 40 and the rest are 36 (apart from Bulbasaur who is like 30).

Once I get everyone to level 40 I'll probably do it, I'll be counting on Dragonair.

Looking back, I think I found Morty the hardest gym leader.

His Gengar's Shadow Ball was a nightmare for me.

Looking back, I think I found Morty the hardest gym leader.

His Gengar's Shadow Ball was a nightmare for me.

Same for me, did the rest with relative ease.

I did the last gym with a lvl 37 Gyarados with Blizzard and Ice Fang.

My team just before Cianwood (forgot the guys name)

Meganium - 40
Kadabra - 30
Goldeen - 30
Ampharos - 30
Pidgeotto - 30

BTW Do you have to do mount mortar before the 7th badge? I cant remember? Or isit that team rocket place you have to go to?

The 6th and 7th badges can be done at any point after you've down the Cianwood gym. You can skip Mt. Mortar if you want to, just by surfing below it. Make sure you go to the left entrance of the place though, and you'll be given HM04.

I just failed to catch Ho-Oh on my first try. The fight took ages and he eventually ran out of PP and ended up killing himself with recoil from 'Struggle'. *Sigh*

I think next time I will try and freeze him rather than paralyze.

Billy, didn't you save it before you went to catch it?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I got to the Elite Four but simply cannot beat Lance.
He has 3 Dragonites - two level 49 and one level 50 oO)
A Charizard, Aerodactyl, and Gyarados.

I came close to beating him but when I was about to use the move that would finish him he used Full Restore and then beat me :'(

Last edited:
Was gonna say too i save it before anything like that!

Iv only just started my journey today after receiving my DSI and Soul Silver through the post.
The post man got given a cheeky snog ill tell you that :P

Iv just beat the Bug Gym Leader Bugsy to get my second badge.

My team at the moment is

Quilava 22
Pidgey 11
Geodude 10
Mareep 10
Sentret 11
Togepi 7

The plan is, to not make Quilave too far in front of the rest, and develop the rest. I will probably withdraw Hooper from the PC to give me a water pokemon and maybe Zubat or Rattata who i caught at level 8's in the cave thing.

Billy, didn't you save it before you went to catch it?

Of course. I've since left Ho-Oh with the kimono girls afte reloading the save game. I'll come back to him later after I develop my team so they can take more hits. At the moment, three 'Extrasensory' attacks and Feraligatr is on 1-10 HP. Makes the process much more frustrating, having to heal every 2-3 turns.

Also, mfage. I recommend getting a Lapras to complement your team with a water Pokémon. You can catch one in Union Cave on a Friday I believe.

Just change the date on your DS to Friday.

That's what I do :$

Though I'd tell you how I'm getting on with Leaf Green.

Got all 8 badges now, and have just headed towards Victory Road, then I'm going to battle the elite 4 :)

My Team
Nidoqueen - 62
Nodoking - 34
Cardizard - 46
Articuno - 50
Zapdos - 50
Raichu - 24

Kidoking & Raichu, are so low compared to the others, cause I've only really just got them. And did not want to get a high level one, cause then I'd decide what moves it end's up with. :)

Just change the date on your DS to Friday.

That's what I do :$

That actually works? I can run around and grab all of the items from the 'Siblings of the week' by constantly changing the date settings?

I assumed it wouldn't work after you set the date initially.

That actually works? I can run around and grab all of the items from the 'Siblings of the week' by constantly changing the date settings?

I assumed it wouldn't work after you set the date initially.
Yeah worked for me for the bug catching contest, I changed the date to Tuesday, and then after the contest I set it set to Monday 11:59pm and then when it became Tuesday again it reset ^^)

You joker.

I am going to try that for sure then.

I've also thought about how I am planning to build a team after I beat the game. Trying to gather ideas about which Pokémon I want to EV train up for competitive battling.

Of course. I've since left Ho-Oh with the kimono girls afte reloading the save game. I'll come back to him later after I develop my team so they can take more hits. At the moment, three 'Extrasensory' attacks and Feraligatr is on 1-10 HP. Makes the process much more frustrating, having to heal every 2-3 turns.

Also, mfage. I recommend getting a Lapras to complement your team with a water Pokémon. You can catch one in Union Cave on a Friday I believe.

Oh right fair enough.

And cheers mate ;) i didn't know that but will defiantly be doing it :)

and Max your a genius :P

No worries. If I didn't choose Totodile as my starter, then Lapras would definitely be in my line-up.

I should have chosen Chikorita, as I could then keep Arcanine in my team.

Arcanine. :wub:

No worries. If I didn't choose Totodile as my starter, then Lapras would definitely be in my line-up.

I should have chosen Chikorita, as I could then keep Arcanine in my team.

Arcanine. :wub:

Where did you get the Fire Stone?

Arcanine is pretty fit tbf :P
Will be the same for me when i get that far :S
I loved Arcanine when i was at school in the cards, one of my fav's!

I will be getting Lapras though. Not exactly a fan of Wooper XD

Does anybody want a Quilava? Will do a trade tonight :)

Back