September Update

Can we overcome a poor start to the season or will our poor form continue.

Porto 2-2 Nacional da Madeira
View attachment 206051Despite getting off to a flyer with Balde Keita putting us ahead inside a minute we failed to get the win. Herrera played the ball up to Keita who cuts inside and fired in to the bottom corner. 18 seconds in and we were ahead. After 7 minutes we were level Soutto got onto a loose ball and ran past Maicon before firing pat Nardi and equalising. A minute before half time we were behind Pires hit in a cross and Vadala volleyed it in to put us behind. Nardi could have done a bit better with the save. After 83 minutes Origi got us a point Bittencourt hit in a cross to the back post and from 3 yards out he tapped it in.

Athletic 3-1 Porto
View attachment 206055I hoped that we could regain our form in the Champions League but, we were hammered by Athletic. We were behind after 14 seconds Aduriz was played in and he was clinical firing over Leali and in. After 21 minutes we went behind by 2 on a counter Bernat found Suseata out wide and he fired in clinically. Dourado got sent off after 66 minutes for a second yellow card to put us in an awful position. Williams was played in and from a tight angle fired in 3 down after 86 minutes. Milik pulled back a late goal Origi played in Milik and he rounded the keeper and slotted in. Another poor performance and if we don't pick up form soon we could be out of the Champions League.

Porto 2-0 Rio Ave
View attachment 206054We get our first win for over a month as we beat Rio Ave. Matip put us ahead after 18 minutes getting to the near post and volleying in a Zeca corner. Origi doubled the lead after 59 minutes Yarmolenko with a great chipped pass to play him in and Origi fired in low at the near post.

Vit. Seutbal 0-2 Porto
View attachment 206053Two late goals got us past Seutbal and we get a second win in a row. After an 82 minute siege of the goal we finally got a breakthrough. Keita hit a vicious shot that the keeper could only parry and Bittencourt was able to slam in the rebound. After 87 minutes we got a second goal when Maicon was shoved from a corner and we got a penalty. Milik slammed the penalty in. Two goods wins in a row.

Porto 1-1 Marseille
View attachment 206052Not a good result but, we stay in touch only three points back instead of six an alright result. Yarmolenko put us ahead after 8 minutes, first winning then converting a penalty. It all was going well until 79 minutes Ocampos passed to Mane on the edge of the box and he turned Maicon and fired past Leali to level the tie.

We are in fourth in the league and third in the Champions League group but, very close to the top in both​

October Update

Six big games in October including a vital doubleheader against Shaktar in the Champions League as we look to get that campaign moving in a better direction.

Porto 3-0 P. Ferreira
View attachment 205908We get a nice win to start the month off. Just after half time Maia got us ahead Maicon hit in a free kick and Maia at the back post was able to poke in the free kick at the back post. 2 minutes later Origi had us ahead by 2 a free kick from Maicon from the other side went into the box and Origi was the only player to react and volleyed in from 12 yards out. Origi grabbed a goal with ten minutes left Milik played him in and he fired high past the keeper for the third and final goal.

Taca de Portugal

Mangualde 0-9 Porto
View attachment 205907The amateurs from the fourth division were hammered by us and I can't be bothered to write about all nine goals. We had already spurned 2 good chances before Origi put us ahead after 4 minutes then the floodgates opened Keita grabbed a hat trick, Milik got a brace after coming on at half time. Zeca and Lincoln also grabbed goals in the hammering. The sell out crowd of 450 saw us have 50 shots to there 0 absolute domination.

Porto 3-0 Shaktar
View attachment 205904We get the much needed win in the Champions League. Yarmolenko chipped a pass in from out wide to Origi who then volleyed it past the keeper to put us ahead after 4 minutes a good start. A minute after half time Yarmolenko had us up by two goals Origi had a through ball deflected and Yarmolenko beat the keeper to the through ball and fired it past. After 76 minutes Shaktar were down to ten men. A minute later we had a third goal Yarmolenko beat a man in the box and then cut his cross back to Milik to volley it in. A massive win for our Champions League hopes.

Moreirense 1-1 Porto
View attachment 205901We drop more points in a poor game as we fail to beat Moreirense. They took the lead after 20 minutes Vitor Gomes hit in a wonderful cross that Ochonga volleyed it past Leali a wonderful goal. 6 minutes later we were level Darida found Origi who turned and played in Yarmolenko and he powered an effort past the keeper to earn us a point.

Porto 4-0 Estoril
View attachment 205900What looked to be a challenging game to break down Estoril was made easier when they went down to ten men after 40 minutes Moyono getting sent off for a two footed lunge on Keita. After 53 minutes we took the lead Yarmolenko from in his own half played in Origi with a chipped long ball. Origi beat the keeper to it and his first touch had him around the keeper and his second saw him stroke in the ball. Ten minutes later we had a second goal Origi turned and fired an shot on goal that was parried Yarmolenko then fired in the rebound. 5 minutes later Milik had our third goal Yarmolenko played him in from out wide and Milik cooly slotted his effort past the keeper. A counter saw Origi played in at a tight angle and he curled it into the top corner with the outside of his boot. Another good win for us.

Shaktar 1-2 Porto
View attachment 205899A second big Champions League win against Shaktar. They took the lead after 18 minutes Hemed played in Vazquez and his effort was tipped by Leali onto the bar but, it went in. Four minutes later we were ahead Yarmolenko got onto a Keita cross and his scissor volley hit the post fortunately Origi was on hand to fire in the loose ball and level the tie. After 65 minutes Milik got the winner Dourado hit a long ball to Yarmolenko and he headed it to Milik who fired it in to get us a vital three points.

We are second in the league a point behind Belenenses and there will be a table next month.

Champions League
View attachment 205898
The Champions League group is incredibly tight as we host Athletic before going to Marseille four points gets us through anything will likely not be enough​

November Update

We face a big Champions League tie against Athletic and some big league matches against Sporting and Braga. We also have a cup tie to play.

Gil Vicente 1-4 Porto
View attachment 205405
A good start to the month as we hammer Gil to get the three points. Dourado had us ahead after 19 minutes a Yarmolenko corner went in Dourado headed off a defender and fired in the loose ball on the half volley. They levelled after 36 minutes Wigor and Imbert played a one two that ended with Wigor firing in low past Leali. Maicon put us back ahead after 58 minutes Maicon fired in a twenty two yard free kick to put us ahead. A minute later Origi had us up by two, Milik played him in and he fired low just inside the post. After 68 minutes Maicon whipped in a free kick from out wide and Herrera was on hand to head in from six yards out.

Taca de Portugal 4th Round

Moreirense 0-1 Porto
View attachment 205402A close fought cup win as we just advance past Moreirense and get into the hat for the next round. Origi grabbed the only goal of the game after 37 minutes Zeca hit in a cross and Origi took it down turned and fired in at a tight angle. A good close win with some poor finishing.

Champions League Group B

Porto 1-1 Athletic
View attachment 205401
Not a great result and we will need to win against Marseille away to guarantee us getting through. Artiz Aduriz had us behind after 10 minutes Williams hit in a cross and Aduriz smacked in a header from close range to put us behind. Origi levelled after 50 minutes Yarmolenko got free on the wing and whipped in a cross to Origi who poked it in. We created some chances but, couldn't finish them to get a win that would have qualified us for the next round.

Porto 3-2 Braga
View attachment 205403We got a massive win against Braga to earn us a big three points. Yarmolenko put us ahead after 7 minutes firing in a penalty to the bottom corner. Friesenbichler levelled after 20 minutes a long ball played him in and he rolled his shot past Leali and in. Lincoln had us back in front after a half hour. Maicon played a free kick wide to Dourado who headed it back inside to Lincoln who fired low past the keeper to put us back in front. Friesenbichler got another equaliser for Braga when he was played in again he then fired low past the keeper. Keita got the winner just after the hour mark Joao Pedro beat a man and fired in a cross from just behind the penalty spot Keita fired an incredible overhead that left the keeper with no chance. After 82 minutes only some stunning defending and keeping ensured the win Viudez was free in the box and his first effort was saved, the rebound was also saved, he then tipped a third effort and the loose ball looked destined to be a goal until Zeca flew into the path of the shot and knocked it behind for a corner.

Sporting 1-0 Porto
View attachment 205400Andre Vilas-Boas beats Porto in his first match against them. Slimani grabbed a late winner for Sporting after 80 minutes some neat interplay saw Sporting get the ball wide and Gauld slipped in Slimani and he fired a low effort just out of the reach of Leali to give the win to Sporting a poor way to end the month.

Table
View attachment 205399We fall behind Sporting in the last game of the month we are recovering from a poor start and looking good in the table.

Champions League
View attachment 205398

We are second in the table but, failure to win the last game could easily see us knocked into the Europa League unless Shaktar do us a favour.

International News
View attachment 205404
I lost the screenshot for my first win over Angola to qualify for the World Cup. However, View attachment 205397
Portugal threw a three goal lead in the second leg of their World Cup Qualifier to Norway leading to the sacking of the manager.

View attachment 205396

I then showed no loyalty to Cameroon by applying for the job and then getting it.
View attachment 205394

However, I will not have the services of Cristiano Ronaldo after he retired from the national team

View attachment 205395

December Update

We have a massive crunch Champions League game, start the Portuguese League Cup and have the Taca de Portugal quarter finals in a big December.

Porto 4-1 Arouca
View attachment 205279We got a convincing win over Arouca in the lead up to the vital Champions League game. An Andrey own goal got us ahead after 6 minutes a poor back pass to the keeper meant that the kick was hit into Keita the ball must have nicked off the keeper as it went down as an own goal. Keita had us another goal up after 37 minutes this time getting to a poor back pass before the keeper could and firing into and empty goal. Arouca grabbed a goal back just before the hour mark Lourival hit in a cross and Vicosa volleyed it in at the near post. Milik grabbed a late brace to ensure the win first scoring in the 81st minute, after a nice move Yarmolenko played him in and he finished with aplomb pat the keeper. He then grabbed a second two minutes later, a loose ball from a tackle fell to him from 4 yards out and he easily converted from close range.

Marseille 1-1 Porto
View attachment 205278A disaster as we rely on Shaktar to get us out of the group. Yarmolenko put us ahead after 6 minutes Keita picked him out with a cross field pass and Yarmolenko took a touch to get into the box and rifled an effort past the keeper into the top corner. After 70 minutes we were level with Marseille, a counter had Khalifa with the ball out wide and he cut the ball back to Ekeng ten yards out and his effort was unstoppable as it absolutely flew into the top corner. A poor performance and we may be out.

View attachment 205275
Athletic got the only goal of the game to kick us down to the Europa League, this has major financial ramifications as we will lose out on Champions League money and will leave us close to Financial Fair Play and meaning that we need sales in January.

Uniao Madeira 2-0 Porto
View attachment 205273
I didn't think that we could get a bigger bump than Marseille but, we did by losing to Uniao. Everaldo put us behind after 10 minutes Ruy crossing to Everaldo who hit it low and true to score. Ruy scored after 43 minutes a long cross made his way to him and he slammed it in at the back post. To round off an awful day Milik had a penalty saved late on.

Taca de Portugal

Gil Vicente 0-4 Porto
View attachment 205271An Origi first half hat trick saw us through to the semi final of the Taca de Portugal. He opened the scoring after 22 minutes Keita was tackled in the box and the loose ball fell to him to fire in an empty goal. He got his second after 28 minutes Goretzka hit in a cross that Origi knocked in at the near post. He finished his hat trick in first half injury time Keita played him in and he slipped his effort through the keepers legs. Rui Pires marked his debut with a late goal taking a touch and then from 25 yards out hit his effort into the top corner, a great first game and goal for him.

Porto 3-0 Penafiel
View attachment 205270We get a good win over Penafiel as we get all three points. Origi had us ahead after 2 minutes Keita hit an effort from inside the box and and Origi poked in the rebound. Keita scored two goals in two minutes first in the 27th minute Lincoln played him in with a reverse ball and hit it high above the keeper to go in. He got his second two minutes later Origi whipped in a cross and Keita met it with a bullet header into the top corner.

Portuguese League Cup

Not a bad draw and we should get through this with a group of Vit. Seutbal, Beria-Mar and Rio Ave

Vit. Seutbal 1-3 Porto
View attachment 205266We start out with a win in the League Cup. Yarmolenko sent the keeper the wrong way from the spot to put us a goal up. Keita had us another goal ahead after 29 minutes Origi skinned two men then hit in a cross that Keita buried into the goal. Origi intercepted a back header and knocked the ball in for a third goal. Seutbal pulled a goal back after 46 minutes a great counter attack ending with Bady firing past Leali but, we got the win. I have some concern aswe got only 3 shots on target from 21

Table
View attachment 205264We trail Benfica who we play in a big game next month, Sporting are also on our tails if we slip up.

Europa League DrawView attachment 205262
A pretty bad draw as we get Napoli, although we did beat them 6-1 the last time we played.

View attachment 205261
We also will face either Valencia or Besiktas if we get through​

Outgoing Transfers

As we weren't going to get Champions League money to balance the books more sales were required than I would have liked and I was forced to accept losses that I didn't want.

Adama Traore
View attachment 204642He wasn't getting a lot of football at Porto so I decided to move him on to Everton for 16.5 million a small profit made on him but, his best time at Porto was his two goals in the Champions League semi final that got us past PSG.

Maicon
View attachment 204641
The Porto captain wanted to leave for Barcelona and I didn't want to step in his way. 27.5 million was enough for me to agree to let him go as I found a cheaper replacement. A Porto legend who I may look to buy back in a couple of years.

Ewandro

The striker signed from Sao Paulo for 2.3 million is sold six months later to Vasco where he had been on loan for 2.7 million. A nice small profit made on him.

Tiago Illori

The centre back was unhappy with the lack of game time I sold him for Norwich to get rid of his relatively large wages spent on complaining. Sold for 4.6 million so we make a small loss on him but, we will make up for it in saved wages.

Francisco Ramos

The academy product wasn't going to make it at Porto so I sold him to Eskisehirspor for 375k a small amount of money and he will get first team football.

Vladimir Darida

We sell the AMC who only played a few games for us for a small loss as Everton pay 14 million to buy him. Would have liked to keep him longer but, we needed more money for financial fair play so he was sold for a loss.

Hakim Ziyech
View attachment 204640
Another AMC who we sell for a small loss to help with balancing the books 14.25 million moved him on to Borussia Monchengladbach and saved us a lot on wages.

Marlon
View attachment 204639Another unhappy centre back leaves the club. Gremio signed him for 9.75 million so we make a profit on him and who knows we may but him again in the future.

A good number of outgoings were needed as I had bought some players in advance thinking that we would have the Champions League money that won't arrive.​

Incoming January Transfers

Some big signings as I tried to arrest the poor start of this season with some big signings. Unfortunately I didn't get the Champions League prize money to pay for them. 15 signings were made that arrived this transfer window.

Charles Ogunseye

View attachment 204612
His contract had run out in Nigeria and I gave him a trial he looked good so I made the signing. He will be with the B team for the rest of the season. A good free transfer.

Leonidas Diamantakos
View attachment 204611The AEK Athens youngster was signed for 2.1 million. He could be a quality AMC for the team in a couple of years time.

Toby Alderweireld
View attachment 204610We got the replacement for Maicon from the transfer list at Tottenham. He cost 24.5 million from so we make a small profit replacing Maicon being better and younger.

Geoffrey Kondogbia
View attachment 204609
The Inter defensive mid was signed off of their transfer list. A good signing costing an initial 32.5 million euros with a bit more money if he meets lots of different clauses.

Octavio Basualdo
View attachment 204606The Velez 20 year old centre back cost 975k. He has decent potential he will be back on loan in Argentina at Rosario for the year.

Sajjad Zare
View attachment 204607The Iranian defensive midfielder was signed after he impressed at a trial after his contract with Saba Qom expired has decent potential.

Geovane
View attachment 204608
The young Brazilian has great potential as a striker or winger. He cost 2.5 million from Vitoria and will stay on loan at Vitoria for the rest of the season.

Gabriel Biteco
View attachment 204613The striker has amazing potential and took 6.75 million to convince Gremio that he should be sold to us. He will be on loan at Guimaraes for the rest of the season and I will see how he does there if he stays next year.

Roberto Pereyra
View attachment 204615Another player who was taken off of the transfer list, this time from Juventus. He replaces the two that left and has a great deal of quality. 17.75 million did make him expensive though but, he should be worth it.

Fede Cartabia
View attachment 204616The Valencia winger was signed for 12.25 million, he should add depth to the wings and he should be a quality addition to the team.

Carles Alena
View attachment 204617The one transfer that I regret he cost 14.25 million for Barcelona and is not as good as the scouts said he was. An expensive mistake but, the scouts are usually really good so I forgive them.

Ivan Saponjic
View attachment 204618I got the Serbian youngster from Olympiakos for 1.7 million a good deal. He will spend the year with the B team and may then go out on loan.

Guillermo Valero
View attachment 204619One reason I enjoy scouting for youngsters in Spain, minimum fee release clauses. It meant that the very hot prospect Valero only set me back 2.5 million from Valencia. I love release clauses. The right back should become a very good player.

Eden Mukendi
View attachment 204620
The youngster from Lyon's incredible youth academy only set me back 1 million and has the potential to be a lot better than the fee.

Raul Atoche
View attachment 204621Found by my head of youth development the Peruvian signed from Universitario for 950k. He will spend the year with the B team and could become a good central midfielder.

Some quality incomings including a lot of hot prospects​

Some interesting pickups there mate! I like how your are following sort of what the Portuguese clubs do in real life in finding good, young South American talent and developing it, before selling it on.

Some interesting pickups there mate! I like how your are following sort of what the Portuguese clubs do in real life in finding good, young South American talent and developing it, before selling it on.

Thanks, I really only buy in Europe if they are in a youth team, transfer listed or on a free, almost all of the scouts I have are scouring the South America. I realised I had sold on every first team player who was at the club when I started, except Hector Herrera, along with a ton of other players

January Update

We start 2018 with a hectic schedule as we face 8 games in January. A good start could see us pull out ahead of our rivals in the title hunt.

Maritimo 1-0 Porto
View attachment 204454We start 2018 off with a loss to Maritimo. A poor performance saw us fail to outplay Maritimo which adds to the disappointment of defeat. Judivan scored the only goal of the game after 70 minutes when he was played in on goal and despite the best efforts of Leali it ended up trickling over the line just inside the post. We had a lot of shots but, were never overly threatening.

Taca de Portugal Quarter Final

Academica 0-3 Porto
View attachment 204453
We hammer Academica to get into the Cup semi final where we will face Penafiel. Origi put us ahead just before half time Lincoln was tackled and Origi one the race to the loose ball and fired high over the keeper to put us ahead. A Ziyech free kick was whipped in and headed into the top corner by Juliano of Academica. Yarmolenko grabbed the last goal after Lincoln played him in and he fired in well at the near post to put us ahead.

Porto 2-0 Chaves
View attachment 204452We get a good win over Chaves to get another three points. Milik put us ahead after 38 minutes Karavaev hit in a croxx and Milik was able somehow volley it across his body and in at the far post. Three minutes later Yarmolenko had a chance to another goal from the penalty spot but, he had his penalty saved. He did grab a late goal to make amends Keita played him in and he did his usual firing in well at the near post. A good win but, we have to score our penalties.

Portuguese League Cup

Beria-Mar 0-3 Porto
View attachment 204449We make it six from six points in the league cup by hammering Beria-Mar. Yarmolenko had us ahead after 8 minutes firing in a penalty. Milik has us up by two goals after 14 minutes hitting his effort between the keepers legs to put us in a commanding position. Herrera got the last goal a minute before half time heading a corner in off the underside of the bar.

Porto 3-0 Benfica
View attachment 204446
We hammer Benfica to put down a marker in the title race, despite having dominating the game we only had four shots on target. Milik opened the scoring after 63 minutes Lucas Moura hit in a cross and Milik cushioned it into the far post to get us one up in a great game. Lucas Moura grabbed a second three minutes later Yarmolenko pulled a cross back and Moura was on hand to fire the ball in past he keeper. Milik scored a 90+1 minute penalty to ensure that we won all of the points. A good win for us and we get back on track in the league.

Portuguese League Cup

Porto 3-0 Rio Ave
View attachment 204445Another 3 goal win for us in the League Cup as we finish top. Cassama had us ahead after 11 minutes Zeca found Origi who played him in and Cassama chipped the ball over the keeper to put us ahead. Maia then grabbed a goal after 67 minutes Yarmolenko picked him out just in front of the penalty spot and he fired it into the bottom corner a very nice finish. Yarmolenko volleyed him in on goal and Lincoln slotted the ball into the goal to give us the final three points that would ensure we finish top of the group and qualify.

View attachment 204443

Belenenses 0-0 Porto
View attachment 204442A bore draw as we fail to get a winning goal against Belenenses as the defence was solid but, the attacking half of the team didn't live up to their end of the bargain and failed to score any of the seven shots on target that we had.

Taca de Portugal Semi Final Leg 1

Penafiel 1-3 Porto
View attachment 204441The two goal lead and the three away goals should see us through. Joel Matip put us ahead after 38 minutes Alderweireld headed a corner back across goal and Matip volleyed it in to put us ahead. Alderweireld then scored three minutes later Matip volleyed a corner onto the post at the near post and Alderweireld hammered in the rebound from two yards out. Penafiel pulled a goal back after 65 minutes Silva had his shot take a massive deflection to wrong foot Leali and go in. We regained a two goal lead 8 minutes later Lincoln whipped in a cross and Origi rose highest to head into the top corner.

League Table
View attachment 204440
Still behind Benfica but, we have the head to head. I realised that we play them in the last game of the season away so that could be a massive game but, I hope we have the title wrapped up by then

​February Update

We have two cup semi finals and the first round of Europa League action against Napoli. We also have three league games to tackle this month.

Porto 2-1 Vit. Guimaraes
View attachment 204340We had a good comeback to claim all of the points against Guimaraes. Jhon Arango had us behind after 33 minutes Toze played him in and he fired past the keeper well. Milik had us level just before the hour mark Zeca hit in a low cross and Milik turned it in at the near post. Origi grabbed an 85th minute winner Origi passed to Moura to get him into the box and when he was tackled Origi found the loose ball and fired low past the keeper to give us the win.

League Cup Semi Final

Porto 0-1 Sporting
View attachment 204339We get a one goal loss as we only got one of our ten shots on target. Joao Mario scored the only goal of the game after 65 minutes. A free kick hit off the wall and fell to him he beat a man to get into the box and he curled his effort in. A good goal and it knocks us out of the League Cup.

Rio Ave 0-1 Porto
View attachment 204332Fede Cartabia gets the only goal of a tight game to give us the three points that we needed in the league. Cartabia scored after 38 minutes first he switched the ball over to the other flank to Zeca he then whipped in a cross that Cartabia hit just after it bounced and left the keeper with no chance. A good close win and the three vital points.

Napoli 4-3 Porto
View attachment 204338Gabbiadini grabbed a hat trick to give us a narrow loss in the first leg, but we get three big away goals. Yarmolenko had us ahead after 28 minutes Keita cut a cross back to Maia who volleyed a pass to Yarmolenko who fired past Reina with a great volley. Five minutes later Gabbiadini levelled Rafinha played in Hazard his shot was deflected and fell to Gabbiadini and he put it in the empty goal. After five minutes we were ahead again Yarmolenko cut inside and played in Origi who shot low across goal and it went just inside the far post. Just before half time the tie was levelled again Hamsik chipped a ball to Gabbiadini wide in the box and he somehow chipped his volley over Leali and down just under the bar a great goal but, unfortunate that it was scored against us. Origi got us ahead for the third time after 54 minutes Yarmolenko chipped a ball into the box to Keita, his shot was parried and Origi was on hand to fire in the rebound. 3 minutes later Gabbiadini finished his hat trick Hamisk played him in and he fired a powerful shot past Leali to level. Eder struck the winner after 72 minutes a pass deflected to play in Eder and he picked the corner out to condemn us to defeat.

Nacional da Madeira 0-1 Porto
View attachment 204331Another close game in the league as we edge past Nacional to pick up all three points. Origi scored the only goal of the game after 31 minutes with Zeca had his first cross blocked but, as able to then pick Origi out in the six yard box and he swept his effort in at the far post to have us ahead. A good close win.

Porto 3 (6-5) 1 Napoli
View attachment 204330A big home win for us to get into the next round. Yarmolenko scored just before half time Zeca played a long cross into the box Milik flicked it on and Yarmolenko volleyed it in at the back post. However, Gabbiadini still had time to level before the half Ghoulam hit in a cross that Gabbiadini volleyed first time past the keeper. We went ahead after 70 minutes Zeca whipped in a free kick the Matip rose highest to head into the top corner. Keita wrapped up the tie with a goal 4 minutes later Lincoln found Zeca out wide he whipped in a cross Milik laid it off for Keita to smack it past the keeper into the top corner. A good win and we will play Valencia in the next round.

Porto 3 (6-2) 1 Penafiel
View attachment 204328Another 3-1 win sees us into the final where we will. Keita grabbed two early goal to get us into the final, Keita picked out Pereyra and his shot was saved but, Keita slammed in the rebound. After nine minutes we were two goals up Keita got the ball out wide cut inside and beat two men before firing in the top corner, a great goal to put us on the way to the final. Fantoni pulled a goal back after he got into the box and his shot probably should have been saved by Leali but, went through him and in.

League Table
View attachment 204324We top the table at the end of the month, we have a two point lead and a game in hand so we are in pole position to take the title

March Update

We face Valencia in the Europa League Round of 16 along with some league games that we have to do well in to keep ahead in the title race.

P. Ferreira 0-2 Porto
View attachment 204162Yarmolenko grabbed a brace to give us the win against a determined Ferreira side. He grabbed his first goal after 19 minutes Pereyra flashed a low cross across the face of the goal and Yarmolenko was on hand to fire us into the lead at the back post. He added his second in the 54th minute after squandering a chance when in on goal Yarmolenko made amends seconds later Pereyra picked him out 22 yards out from goal and he curled a beautiful effort that clipped the bar just by the corner a wonderful shot. A great goal to get us the three points.

Porto 2-0 Valencia
View attachment 204160We dominate Valencia who could only manage one shot on target. Herrera had us ahead after 14 minutes Karavaev found Yarmolenko in the box and he found Herrera on the edge of the six yard box and he was able to place the ball in the tiny gap between the keepers outstretched leg and inside the post a precise finish to get us ahead. Origi grabbed us a second goal after 31 minutes Pereyra slipped him in and Origi slammed his effort high into the top corner. After that we vitally held out and denied Valencia an away goal.

Estoril 3-2 Porto
View attachment 204159We get a loss for the first time in the league since the first game of the year 3 goals in ten minutes before the half hour was up. Alef had us behind after 14 minutes Zeca headed a cross clear but, Alef volleyed it right into the bottom corner a good goal. 7 minutes later we were two goals down Dakson played in Junio and he was clinical firing past Leali. 3 minutes later we were three goals down. This time Junio turned provider and passed to Dakson and he fired past Leali to effectively lose us the game. Keita pulled a goal back just before half time he received the ball and turned two defenders before firing past the onrushing keeper. Yarmolenko made the scoreline look better with a late goal a great header in off the post from a Zeca cross.

Valencia 6 (6-6a) 4 Porto
View attachment 204158A narrow victory on away goals sees us get past Valencia to get into the quarter final. We went into the lead after 3 minutes Matip flicked on a corner and Verdasca headed it in at the back post. Origi had us up by two after 5 minutes Keita pulled a cross back to Origi and he took a touch and fired past the keeper to have us up by four goals on aggregate. Negredo pulled a goal back after 9 minutes a good counter ended with Gaya crossing in and Negredo fired it in from close range. After 20 minutes Mertens levelled the game another conversion from close range from another Gaya cross. We went ahead again Pereyra played in Keita from the half way line with a great pass and Keita lifted his shot over the keeper to pus us three up on aggregate. Parejo headed down a corner to Andre Gomes who volleyed past Leali to level the game. Origi has us three goals ahead on aggregate after 55 minutes intercepting a back pass and firing past the keeper who was a yard away. After 57 minutes Rodrigo levelled the game on the night Perez played him in and he hit his effort past the keeper to make the game close again. Andre Gomes grabbed his second of the game after 61 minutes an incredibly powerful strike that left Leali with no chance to keep it out. Rodrigo then levelled the tie on aggregate after 63 minutes to really worry me. He chested a Mertens cross down and fired it into the top corner. Then we were within a goal of going out of the competition but, suddenly the goals dried up and we were into the next round to face Inter.

View attachment 204157
Porto 2-1 Moreirense
View attachment 204154We get a narrow win over Moreirense as we continue our title charge. Bittencourt had us up after 29 minutes we had a counter from a free kick that hit the wall and we countered rapidly Pereyra whipped in a low cross that he half volleyed past the keeper. Neto equalised after 41 minutes Vitor Gomes played him in and he volleyed past Nardi. Milik scored the winner after 51 minutes Bittencourt found him out wide and he cut inside hitting an effort that was to powerful for him to deflect wide of the post. Three points closer to the title.

Porto 1-0 Vit. Seutbal
View attachment 204155
Another close game for us and we again get all three points. Leon Goretzka scored the only goal of the game after 10 minutes Yarmolenko passed to him and he passed the ball into the bottom corner from ten yards out. Another good close win that allows to go three points closer to the title. ( Due to a techincal issueI had to replay this game.

League Table
View attachment 204153We stay top over Sporting and look like four points clear over Sporting and seven over Benfica.

Youth Intake
View attachment 204152A decent youth intake with one good player and a couple who could be decent.

Ruben Nogueira
View attachment 204151
The midfielder could be a good creative player who could develop well into a first team player

Alphons Honegger
View attachment 204150
The centre/left back may not have what it takes to be a first team plater but, he could definitely become a rotation option in the coming years.

Jonathan Loureiro
View attachment 204149
The left back also has the potential to be a rotation option for the club, could be a quality left back​

April Update

Europa League Quarter Final and a tough run of league games. This month will be vital to any success that we hope to have.

Porto 1-1 Gil Vicente
View attachment 204086A poor start to the month as we drop points at the first time of asking. Gil Vincente scored 1 of their 2 shots and the only one on target. Alderweireld got us ahead after 31 minutes, Pereyra flicked on a corner and Alderweireld headed it in at the back post. Gil Vicente levelled after 79 minutes Wigor volleying in a cross from close range. A disappointing draw and a came we hoped to win.

Porto 1-0 Inter
View attachment 204085
We get a good first leg win allowing no away goals and bringing a lead into the second leg away. Keita scored the only goal five minutes in a nice counter lad to Origi making a run and spraying the ball to Keita and he fired in at the back post with his first touch. Milik had his penalty saved after 82 minutes that could cost us in the second leg. Yarmolenko is also the number one penalty taker now.

Braga 0-2 Porto
View attachment 204084We beat Braga as Benfica and Sporting have begun to drop points, a big win. Yarmolenko had us up after 5 minutes Keita played a long ball to Yarmolenko and he took a touch down before firing past Charles. Yarmolenko added a second with a penalty after 18 minutes a much better penalty than Milik's.

Inter 1 (1-3) 2 Porto
View attachment 204083We get into the semi final with a good win over Inter. Herrera got us further ahead after 26 minutes Keita beat two men and then cut his cross back to Herrera his volley was probably going in but, it took a deflection to send the keeper the wrong way to ensure that it went in. Icardi scored after 33 minutes to make it close a Nagatomo cross was volleyed in by Icardi to level the game on the day. Keita grabbed the winner on the night after 54 minutes Yarmolenko hit in a deep cross and Keita was on hand to volley it in at the back post. We face Europa League specialists Sevilla in the semi final.

View attachment 204082

Porto 3-0 Sporting
View attachment 204081We hammer Sporting to put us in a commanding position in the league. Three second half goals saw us through, Origi opened the scoring after 51 minutes Zeca pinged a free kick long and Origi reacted quickest to head it into the far corner. Yarmolenko scored a penalty after 68 minutes to put us two goals to the good his penalty going just out of reach of the keeper. Yarmolenko had a second goal in the 85th minute Zeca crossed to Origi and he laid the ball of to Yarmolenko to fire into an empty goal.

Arouca 2-4 Porto
View attachment 204080
We get a high scoring victory to get all three points and give us a chance to win the league next weekend. Origi had us ahead after 14 minutes intercepting a poor defensive clearance to play in Origi who fired past the keeper to give us the lead. Keita had us two goals up five minutes later Origi turned and played in Keita and he lofted his effort over the keeper and it dipped under the bar and in. Origi had us three goals up after 25 minutes Zeca passed a free kick that was deflected back to Kondigba his powerful shot took two deflections and was rolling in until from 1 inch out Origi won a race to the ball and poked the ball in to take the goal for him. Lucas Lima pulled a goal back after 57 minutes he was played in his first shot was saved and he fired the rebound over the keeper. Silva made the game close after 66 minutes Nardi took a back pass from close range and his attempted clearance was blocked and went in. Pereyra had us back up by two after 70 minutes Kondogbia slipped him in and he slotted his effort in at the far post. We could win the title next weekend if Benfica lose and we win.

View attachment 204090

Sevilla 1-2 Porto
View attachment 204079We got a lead and two away goals heading into the second leg as well as we can do. Keita had us ahead after 1 hour Milik slipped in Origi and he was tackled and the loose ball fell to Keita at the back post and he fired it in. He grabbed a second goal after 70 minutes Herrera switched the play over and found Keita wide open in the middle of the box he took a touch and curled his effort in at the far post a good finish and a key second goal. Gameiro scored a penalty to pull a goal back for Sevilla after 75 minutes. Dourado got sent off after 85 minutes for a second yellow card and will miss the second leg which is annoying.

View attachment 204088
Benfica win with a last minute goal to make sure that we have no chance of winning the title this weekend.

Porto 3-1 Uniao Madeira
View attachment 204078We got a comeback in the second half to get the win. Alderweireld had us behind after 25 minutes with an own goal a cross that was about to be volleyed in hit off of him and went in. Origi levelled the game after 55 minutes Milik knocked in a cross and Origi headed it into the back post. Bittencourt put us ahead after 76 minutes Milik hit in anothe good cross but, Origi was beaten to this one but, Bittencourt was on hand to volley in the clearance. Matip thundered in a header from 10 yards out from a Zeca free kick to ensure we win and can take the title next week.

League Table
View attachment 204077Close to the same as the one above as we have three more points and a chance of taking the league home for a third time in a row with a win in any of our games or a draw against Benfica in the final game of the season

May Update

If all ends well for us we could end the month with a treble if it doesn't go well it could be a season of promise that ended up with nothing, and possibly me losing my job.

Porto 1 (3-2) 1 Sevilla
View attachment 203771We make the Europa League final with a good draw against Sevilla, to set up a final with Dortmund who contain a couple of our old players. Gameiro levelled the tie on aggregate after 19 minutes he smashed the offside trap cut back past the onrushing defenders and smacked his shot past Nardi leaving us ahead only on away goals. Yarmolenko got us back ahead on aggregate after 43 minutes a beautiful passing move from the back forwards and Pereyra hurdled a tackle and slipped in Yarmolenko who as ever went to the near post going high in at the near post. A big draw to see us into the final and we are on track for the treble with a final against Dortmund awaiting us.

View attachment 203770
Time to show Ruben Neves why he should have stayed

View attachment 203769
Title Winners
View attachment 203768Benfica lose to hand us the title before we played our match Porto loanee Biteco grabbed the only goal of a tight match to win over lots of fans before he has played for us.

View attachment 203767

Penafiel 1-2 Porto
View attachment 203765We sneak a win with a slightly rotated squad. Dourado got us ahead just after half time, Cassama swung in a free kick and it was knocked down in the box Keita fired a volley goalwards and it was parried but, Dourado was on hand to fire in the rebound and put us ahead. Two minutes later we were level again Luquinas crossing in for Silva to volley in at the back post. Keita got the winner after 56 minutes Herrera chipped a pass into Yarmolenko wide on the goal line and he volleyed in a cross and Keita tapped it in from a yard out to give us a win.

Porto 1-1 Maritimo
View attachment 203764Another rotated side was able to get a point as we dominated the game but, were unable to get shots on target with just two of our 13 shots going on target. We fell behind after 34 minutes Xavier found Marega in space in the box and he fired low into the far corner to put us behind, Herrera levelled after 54 minutes Milik picked Herrera out in the box and he fired his effort past the keeper to earn a point for us.

Benfica 0-1 Porto
View attachment 203763We end the season in the best way possible beating Benfica away to give us the extra boost in points over them. Origi got the only game after 13 minutes Pereyra got into the box and cut back to Origi and he fired in through a crowd of players to get the vital goal.

Final League TableView attachment 203762
Sporting snuck into second place as we stay ahead of them and Benfica by 14 points. Uniao Madeira and Vit. Seutbal are the two teams that are relegated. We are Champions again and are 4 off of tying Benfica for the most titles in Portugal which is the new goal.

Europa League Final next​

Europa League Final

View attachment 203684

The trophy that we will be battling a Klopp managed Dortmund side for, as I hunt for my first piece of European silverware.

LineupsView attachment 203683
Neves has to settle for a place on the bench but, ex-player Rulli starts the first team hasn't changed dramatically over the past few years and Klopp would have returned to a familiar team from when he left.

View attachment 203681
The two controversial picks were Nardi over Leali and Maia over Dourado. Porto have no major injuries so can play a full strength squad.

Kick off

Dortmund get the final in Paris under way and move forward quickly until Jiminez misplaces a pass that goes out for a throw.

3rd minute: Dortmund have a free kick out wide 20 yards out Sahin whips in the free kick and Mikhitaryan smacks a powerful header goal bound, but Nardi dives to push it behind for a corner.

7th minute: First big chance Pereyra is given space on the ball and plays in Origi with a beautiful pass from a tight angle Origi tries to fire over Rulli but he blocks the effort and then dives to stop Origi from scoring the rebound Subotic clears it for a corner

8th minute: Zeca hits in a corner Subotic heads it clear to the edge of the box, Pereyra heads it back into the mix. Rulli tries to claim it but, Verdesca rises highest and heads the ball sideways to Matip who heads it towards goal, his effort is blocked but, he slams in the rebound from yards out to put us ahead. A massive early goal.

37th minute: Rulli clears long from a pass back, Matip heads it forwards as does Herrera. Origi takes the ball down and turns his man giving him a clear run to goal, unfortunately he scuffs the shot and it flies wide.

Half Time Porto 1-0 Dortmund

Porto get the second half underway 45 minutes away from lifting the Europa League.

49 minutes: Matip intercepts a header and his clearance plays in Origi despite having all the time in the world he shoots first time and Rulli makes the save. Origi has been as lethal as a butterknife so far.

51st minute: Sahin picks out Reus outwide he beats a man and crosses from near the goal line. Nardi dives out to parry the cross and not allow Jiminez a tap in, but he save falls to Mkhitaryan who drives the ball into an empty goal to level the tie.

58th minutes: Keita finds Yarmolenko on the edge of the box and he has his shot blocked, it falls to Herrera who's shot is blocked by Pereyra. However, it falls back to him and he slips in Yarmolenko unfortunately he fired his shot right at Rulli who held it.

63rd minute: Milik replaces the poor Origi while Dortmund take off Aubameyang for Wiegl as they go 4-51

70th minute: Yarmolenko plays in Keita with a long ball but, from a very tight angle his shot is blocked by Rulli.

75th minute: Neves comes on replacing Sahin while Pulsic replaces Jiminez.

90+1 minute: A nice passing move starting from a Rulli free kick sees Pulisc play in Mkhitaryan, 1 on 1 with Narid he slots his effort past the onrushing keeper but, it slams back off the post and Nardi dives onto the rebound. That was the final kick of normal time as Michael Oliver blows for full time.

Extra Time Porto 1-1 Dortmund

100th minute: We have some nice passing around the box leading to Yarmolenko passing to Karavaev out wide, he skinned his man and passed back to Yarmolenko who fired in a low cross/shot from the corner of the box. From the corner of the six yard box Milik stuck his foot out to redirect the effort and wrong foot Rulli to put us back in front.

Half Extra Time Porto 2-1 Dortmund

117th minute. Dortmund have a free kick just in our half and leave back 1 defender and the keeper. The free kick goes to Matip's feet and he passes to Keita but, he cannot launch the counter so passes it back. After nine short passes we get up to the halfway line where Herrera chips a pass over the centre back to play in Yarmolenko he doesn't have the pace though so has to cut back and pass to Milik 18 yards out in front of goal he took a touch and then embarrassed the offside trap by playing in Pereyra in miles of space in the box and he fires his shot into the large gap between Rulli's reach and the outside post. 3-1 the goal sparked massive celebrations as Porto have surely won.

Full Time Porto 3-1 Dortmund
View attachment 203660
We win the Europa league in a tight game that we edged and did deserve to win. Pereyra had a big second goal for Porto while Milik grabbed a goal and assist after coming on. Pereyra won man of the match but, it could have easily gone to any other player, most notably Matip.

View attachment 203659

Taca de Portugal Final

The last leg of the treble is the Taca de Portugal we play Braga in the final a team we beat in both of our league finals. For a lot of players this could be their last game in a Porto shirt so hopefully they can make it a successful one.

Porto 3-0 Braga
View attachment 203627I would do an update for each key moment but, we dominated the match and the result was never in much doubt. Matip grabbed another goal in a final after 11 minutes heading a Zeca corner over the keeper and in at the back post. Yarmolenko made it two after 35 minutes some nice play to get into the box saw Pereyra pick out Yarmolenko and his shot was right at the keeper but, he couldn't handle the heat of it and it went in. Alderweireld rounded off the scoring in the 39th minute Zeca hit in another corner Matip flicked this one on at the near post and Alderweireld stooped to head it in at the back post. A good comprehensive win to finish the treble.

View attachment 203610

Awards

As I felt it would be a short post with just the Braga game I decided to include the awards in this post.

Personality of the YearView attachment 203624
Still don't know how it is decided who wins it but, Yarmolenko won it and Matip finished in third place. A win in an award and I always like it.

Premier League Player of the Year
View attachment 203622
My wingers were the top choices for this as Keita finished just ahead of Yarmolenko to claim the award. Both were on fire this year Yarmolenko got 25 goals and 22 assists while Keita got 22 goals and 18 assists.

Most Assists Award
View attachment 203619Yarmolenko and Keita finished second and third in this which is decent and Gaitan the winner only got two goals so my players were more important.

Top ScorerView attachment 203618
We actually get all three spots as Rui Pedro was out on loan from us. After being top scorer in the Second League he did it in this one. This means he will become a first team player this year. Origi and Milik also slammed in the goals all season long as I split them up front.

Young Player of the Season
View attachment 203617
Again it is won by a 23 year old as Zeca scoops up the award. He had a great season but, I still feel he is old for the young player award. Also may have forgot to add that he was made captain in January.

Team of the YearView attachment 203616
We have five players in the team Rui Pedro out on loan. Matip, Herrera, Zeca and Keita in the squad.

Keeper and Striker of the yearView attachment 203614
Leali finished second in keeper for the year. He was a rotation option and did well to finish second. Origi and Pedro finished second and third in forward of the year.

Centre Back and Full Back of the Year
View attachment 203612Matip won centre back of the year and Zeca won full back of the year. Both fully deserved their awards as they both had incredible seasons.

Taca de Portugal goal of the year
View attachment 203611
Impressively we get all three Pires deservedly won with an amazing goal in his only appearance for us this year.

Fans AwardsView attachment 203609
Zeca got the fans player of the year and he did have a great year, he also got the young player of the year. Pires won the goal of the year award with his only goal in his only game. Keita was the signing of the season.

View attachment 203608

We made large losses most months as the wage bill is to high so this summer I will be reducing it a bit to keep the club more sustainable financially​