Transfer Outgoings First Two Weeks

s in the first We see 15 players leave on permanent transfers in the first two weeks of the window. As we were poor financially last year only 40% of the transfer revenue will be made available for transfers.

Leonardo Bittencourt
View attachment 203318He was a rotation option and being paid to much to be one. Monaco offered 47.5 million for him, more than double what we paid and I accepted it. We also have 9 million in clauses to Bayern cancelled making his transfer more cost effective. He had a decent season for us but, nowhere near as good as someone moving for his fee should have had.

Balde Keita
View attachment 203315Had a great season with us after moving for 36.5 million from Bayern. He wanted to go to Man City but, United were the only ones who offered 71 million and that was his release clause. We make a nice profit on him but, I would have preferred to keep him.

Fede Cartabia
View attachment 203314
Stayed for six moths but, I moved him on for a nice 4 million euro profit. He had a couple of good games for us and moves to Gelsenkirchen for 16.5 million, a very good fee.

Nicola Leali

The rotation keeper left for 9.5 million to relegated Southampton. We will get 2.1 million if Southampton get promoted so hopefully they manage to do so. He had a decent season but, I want a better quality starter. We make a decent profit on him.

Leonardo Acevedo

He moves to Turkey for 1.2 million a 200k profit on the young Columbian striker, a decent player but, never going to make it here but, should at Konyaspor where he spent last year on loan.

Giovanni Simeone

Another transfer to Southampton we make around 2 million on the sale. He had a couple of decent loan spells but, lacked the quality to claim a spot in the 30 man squad. A decent profit for the club.

Timothy Castagne

He spent last year on loan at Lazio and this year moves away permanently to Aston Villa. His 13.75 million fee is only a small profit but, it could easily rise to 21.5 million to give us a very good profit. A good player but, I had found better.

Juan Ignacio Cavaliero

He leaves for 1.4 million to Velez a couple of years after he signed for us on a free. A couple of unimpressive loan spells meant he never played for the first team. The entire fee is profit for us. His fee could rise by over 500k if he meets some clauses.

Dennon Lewis

We make a loss on Lewis who never impressed in Portuguese football. Returns to England with Nottingham Forest for 2.7 million which is a decent loss, but the fee could slightly increase.

Jordan Rossiter

Wages were way to high for a player of his ability which meant no one wanted to loan him this year. As he isn't good enough to make the squad this left me with the option of selling him which I did to Southampton for 14 million, giving us a very small profit on him.

Saviour Godwin

Underwhelmed for his potential on three loans he scored a measly 8 goals in 77 games not good enough to break through. As we got some loan fees for him we make a 400k profit on him as he leaves for Bucaspor for 2.4 million.

Joao Pedro
View attachment 203313Had brought in another back up right back so he was unnecessary and moved onto Bayern for 30 million. A very healthy profit is made on him, around 18 million euros very little of which went to his back up.

Santiago Ascacibar

Arrived for 3.5 million and after a couple of loans he leaves for 4 million, the profit is a bit more from some loan fees. Nurnburg signed him for a decent fee.

Divock Origi
View attachment 203311Leaves to Galatasaray for 45 million. However, the fee rises by 9 million if he plays 10 games for Belgium and after the World Cup he is only five away. We make a good profit and get rid of his high wages so a win win.

Lucas Moura

He had a poor season and has high wages so I took a small loss on him and sold him to Koln for 8 million euros. Happy with the sale as we lose more large wages.

Next up the 24 players that came in on the opening of the transfer window

Edit make that 27​

Last edited:
Incoming Transfers Day 1 of the Window
27 players join Porto as the window opens and 14 of them join on frees after their contracts expired at their clubs. Some quality signings though and we have some great additions.

Manuel Lanzini
View attachment 203258
His contract expired in the UAE and he decided to move to us. He takes a massive pay cut and after taxes he is on around 1/4th of his old contract. He could be a good AMC for us but, hasn't been playing the best quality football in the UAE for the last few years but, still looks good.

Aymen Dridi
View attachment 203257
We beat a couple of top teams to the Tunisian youngster who despite being 18 already has 16 caps. To ensure that he gets first team football he will spend the season on loan at Arouca.

Steve Lara
View attachment 203256
Decent American player and as he was with an academy he was available on a free so I just took him and signed him up. A good deal on a free.

Teddy Bishop
View attachment 203254
The Ipswich youngster was signed after his contract expired. He has some decent potential or if not I can just sell him for a profit. Went back to England to Brentford on loan.

Harrison Reed
View attachment 203253
A decently talented youngster from Southampton's academy they couldn't agree a new deal so I swooped in to give him one. Could become a useful player.

Bertrand Traore
View attachment 203252
Disillusioned with life at Chelsea he refused any of their contracts so I took advantage and got him ahead of a couple of other teams. Should be able to slot into the first team in the coming years a talented AMC.

David Collins
View attachment 203251
An alright centre back but, he was free as he was at a US academy so I took him in and will try and sell him for a profit in a couple of years if all goes to plan.

Hirving Lozano
View attachment 203250
The very talented winger had his contract running out at Pachuca and he was my number 1 target to get on a free. Oddly we faced no competition for him and so the signing was quite simple. He should replace Bittencourt as a rotation player in the first year but, with better potential.

Christofer Gonzales
View attachment 203249
The talented Chilean has quality and should provide a rotation option as an AMC or a right winger. He should be a good signing on a free.

Joshua Onomah
View attachment 203248
Not developed well but, I think that he can still develop into a good player if not he is a free and so he should be profitable.

Victor Velasco
View attachment 203247
Another free American signed from De Anzo Force has good potential and if not I should be able to sell him for a decent profit.

Guillermo
View attachment 203246
Free from Athletic plan is to loan him out and then sell him on for a profit if not he will spend the year in the B team and then be sold.

Gervinho
View attachment 203245
An experienced winger will add depth to both wings to ensure that we don't suffer to much from the sale off of our wingers so far.

Marcos Marti
View attachment 203244
I do like those release clauses in Spain, his was 2.3 million and he should be worth way more than that after a couple of years, he could also develop into a great first team player.

Duncan Watmore
View attachment 203243
The Sunderland striker was a free transfer and has been loaned out to Tondela in the Premier League and then hopefully moved on for a profit, if not he might be a decent back up striker.

Tshepo Shongwe
View attachment 203242
The second big time that my scouts have messed up, I almost didn't sign him on a free. However, he is easily good enough to be a back up right back and push on to be the starter in the coming years. A great free transfer.

Angelo Longo
View attachment 203241
The 16 year old striker signed form Verona for 3.2 million and he should become a good striker for us in a few years time. A good cheap transfer.

Lucien Thomas
View attachment 203240
A signing by the Head of Youth Development he isn't great but, only cost 700k from Arsenal. The centre back will be going out on loan to Platinas for the year.

Roberto Firmino
View attachment 203239
Was not enjoying himself playing for Liverpool so I signed him for 15.5 million he should play anywhere in the three behind the striker. A cheap fee and cheaper wages than I would have thought, a number of teams were interested but, we were the only one to bid for him so got him.

Guilherme Arana
View attachment 203238
Last season I only had 1 left back so I signed him for 15 million euros from Corinthians. He should be a great left back and will be a quality back up for Zeca or the next few years. A good young left back for the future

Bruno Fernandes
View attachment 203237
The most expensive signing so far. He cost 23.5 million from Man Utd. He is a quality CM or AMC and is Portuguese to help with registration. An good signing and at 3 still has good years to come.

Gustavo Martinez
View attachment 203236
The great prospect was signed from Independiente or 5.25 million he has gone out on loan to Omonoia in Cyprus where he should smack in the goals this season before returning to make an impact next year I hope.

Guiliano
View attachment 203235
Another player to add to our plethora of AMC's he cost 6.25 million from Gremio. A good player and he should start or rotate in the AMC role.

Achraf Hakimi
View attachment 203234
The young right back only cost 1.3 million from Real Madrid and he should be able to develop into a good right back in the future.

Luciano
View attachment 203232
The striker only cost 1.1 million from Corinthians and will hopefully be able to replace some of the goals that we lose with Origi leaving for Galatasaray. He should be a good rotation option and be able to come off the bench to get goals.

Augusto Chousa
View attachment 203233
A cheap signing from Real Betis he could be a quality winger, he will spend the year on loan at Madeira where he will hopefully have a good first season.

Bruno Martins Indi
View attachment 203231
The ex-Porto centre back rejoins for 9.75 million 8 less than he left for and we also get a quarter of the fee due to a sell on clause. He is a good centre back and can also provide cover at left back if it is needed, a good signing.

So that is the 27 signings on the opening of the transfer window will do more transfer updates soon​

Mid-July to Mid-August outgoings

In my hunt to slash our wage budget to ensure that we maintain a profitable year after last year we had a large loss as wages are far bigger than our ticket sales and prize money.

Isaac Success

Never developed very well so he is sold for a decent loss to Terek in Russia for 4.2 million but, it could become more if he meets some clauses and is sold expensively. A cheap price for Terek for a good player but, we couldn't keep him on out books.

Rodrigo Dourado
View attachment 202876The DM was going to be a back up and I would rather have Rui Pires in that role so he is sold to Juventus for a massive profit. Juve spent 40 million euros to sign him from us and he cost us 7.75 million a good player but, I want to give Pires a chance.

Arkadiusz Milik

I wanted to give Rui Pedro a shot in the first team so moved on Milik for 33.5 million to Inter a 20 million euro profit on him and his goals helped us to a lot of prizes including the Europa League and a goal in the Champions League final.

Geoffrey Kondogbia
View attachment 202875The midfielder is a victim of my drive to cut wages as he is on 150 a week. He is sold to United for an initial 32 million but, we could make a profit on him if he makes his clauses.

Joel Matip
View attachment 202874I was sad to sell the centre back but, he had high wages around 150k a week and would meet clauses that would lead to us paying 9 million to Gelsenkirchen so I sold him to Liverpool for 47.5 million and we make a small profit on him and get his wages off the book.

Toby Alderweireld
View attachment 202873Wages were to high so he was moved on to Juventus for 30 million euros so we make a small profit on him over the six months he was here and with his good performances he helped us to silverware.

Andre Horta

Hadn't developed well so he was moved on to Cardiff for 11.25 million that could rise to 17 million if he meets a couple of clauses. We make a good profit on him and Cardiff after missing out on a lot of our players over the last two years finally has one.

Next up the replacements, or lack thereof​

With so many transfers this story can be used as a transfer guide for everyone ha ha ha ! Just kidding man you are making a wonderful progress !

With so many transfers this story can be used as a transfer guide for everyone ha ha ha ! Just kidding man you are making a wonderful progress !

Thanks, I just hope the ball that Porto use doesn't charge a transaction fee because if so we are in trouble, also speaking of that I saw this on my personal history I've sold 1.35 billion euros of players so far which is higher than I would have thought.View attachment 202505

Last edited:
Transfers July 2- August 16

20 more new faces join us at Porto as I slow down purchases from the last two years.

Vladimir Rodic
View attachment 202504On the transfer list at Wolfsburg and for 1.8 million I think that I can turn a profit on the Montenegrin winger. He will go out on loan to our new affiliate Anderlecht for the season.

Arnaud Lusamba
View attachment 202503The young attacking midfielder cost 5.75 million from Nancy Lorraine and should develop into a very good player. He will spend this season on loan at Stade Rennais.

Tommie Hoban
View attachment 202502
Listed at Hull for 2.5 million and I think he can be sold for a profit next year, he will also be on loan at Anderlecht for the year.

Thomas Lemar
View attachment 202498This years annual purchase off of Monaco's transfer list Lemar cost 19.75 million but, has great potential. Due to having a lot of AMC's he will go to Anderlecht on loan.

Jose Mauri
View attachment 202491
Was unhappy at AC Milan so I did the Porto thing and offered him a new home in a caring environment. He should be a destroyer in the role and will rotate with Maia.

Mersudin Vehabovic
View attachment 202490The Bosnian looked good and cheap all that I want in a footballer. The left back will spend the year on loan at Terek Grozny. A good signing for 325k.

Rob Little
View attachment 202489Blackburn appeared to have a future star on their hands until I bought the midfielder for 4.8 million he will spend this season with the B team to get first team football.

Roman Burki
View attachment 202488After selling Leali I needed a new number 1 and Burki was listed at Dortmund for 2.9 million so I took them up on the offer and beat of Inter to sign a good number one who will stay for a year or two.

Ibrahim Diallo
View attachment 202483I signed the Valencia man for 5.25 million he hasn't developed well but, could still be a useful layer. He will be spending the year on loan at Anderlecht.

Fouad Saad

View attachment 202474
The Egyptian signed from Ismaily for 625k the striker he has good potential and will spend the year on loan at Arouca to get first team football.

Pedro Maldondo
View attachment 202475
He could be a decent left back in the future and he will go back to Paraguay on loan for the year he already has three caps and cost 1.5 million

Luciano Cabral
View attachment 202473Brought him back from Fenerbahce for 1.7 million euros he will spend the year in the B team before I try and sell him for another profit.

Kim Hyun
View attachment 202484Winner of the World Cup Young Player Award we beat Zenit to signing him from Pohang for 775k. He will apparently give us a shirt sale boost in South Korea. I loaned him to Zenit for as I couldn't fit him in the 30 man squad.

Dejan Joveljic
View attachment 202469The young Serbian striker cost 1.5 million from Olympiakos he will spend this year on loan at KRC Genk and if he does well will play a role next year.

Hakim Bella
View attachment 202467A good young Belgian signed from Club Brugge not as good as scouted though, he will spend this year in the under 19 side. He only cost 450k so even if he fails it isn't a big loss for us.

Maicon
View attachment 202463After losing Alderweireld and Matip I felt we needed a strong centre back so I re-signed Maicon from Barcelona for 21.5 million 6 million less than I sold him to Barcelona six months ago. The fans were thrilled to have the club Icon come back.

Cristian Gonzalez
View attachment 202462We beat a couple of big team to the signing of the striker from Independiente for 3.6 million. He is loaned to Mafra for the season where he will hopefully bang in the goals.

Nik Maheu
View attachment 202461A free signing from Toronto's academy and he could become an amazing player and will this year be in the B team where I hope he will be a key player.

Did you seriously sign 47 players in that window? :O

No it may have gone up a bit since then :p I also have ten players who I signed this year and last year who are to young to move to Porto so will join in the next couple windows

What Pat said!!

Yeah, there are still more to come, also sorry to anyone loading this page on data. I have made around 474 million in sales just before deadline day, throw in sell on clauses I probably brought in more than half a billion and took a third off my wage budget so I had a lot of money to burn, instead I spent most of it footballers and their agents :p

Just passed deadline day will update later today on the transfers but, I ended up bringing in 55 players and sold over 500 million euros of players

Final Transfers

First up some departures I forgot to mention as they technically happened to the B team.

Gokhan Tore

Despite failing to impress in the Portuguese Second Division Gelsenkirchen decided to splash out 28 million on him. I happily accepted and made an 18 million euro profit on him over one year which is a very good deal.

Jonathan Silva

Also failed to perform in the Second Division he goes to Krasnador in Russia for 6.75 million rising to nine if he meets his clauses.

Ben Pearson

A year after arriving for 1.5 million he returns to England leaving to Nottingham Forest for 1.7 million a small profit for us in the deal.

Goncalo Paciencia

The 24 year old striker didn't have a future at the club so I moved him on to Boavista for 450k. A good deal all round as he should get first team football.

Generoso Correia

Moved to Panathinaikos for 36.5k. A small deal as he would never have a future at the club and I would prefer to move him on and not pay his wages.

Hemiliano Lopes

In one of the big deals of the window Lopes joins Platinas for a massive 1,500 euros. I wanted rid of him and Platinas get a good player for a cheap price.

Incomings

Ten joined since the last update all young players who should make a big impact.

Axel Tuanzebe
View attachment 202334The DR Congo centre back's contract expired at United and after leaving him for a month I made a move on him and he joined on a free. He will spend this year with the B team where I expect him to excel.

Flavio Olivera
View attachment 202335We beat Arsenal to the signing of the young striker from Gil Vicente. He cost 3.8 million but, has a lot of money in clauses if he excels at the club. He will stay at Gil Vicente on loan for the season.

Huseyin Dogan
View attachment 202336Potential to be another massive credit to the Anderlecht academy the 17 year old cost 4.2 million the young striker will stay at Anderlecht on loan for the year.

Lucas Abadie
View attachment 202342The young talented striker cost 3.2 million and chose us over Benfica. He will stay at Independiente on loan until the January window opens.

Adam Boguski
View attachment 202343Had an underwhelming two years at Real Madrid after joining them from Legia. I snapped him up for 3.5 million off fo the transfer list. He has great potential and will play for the B team this year.

Mario Lemina
View attachment 202337The jack of all trades had left Marseille and will spend this year with the B team before I try and move him on for a profit.

Jon Arberas
View attachment 202344Athletic appeared not to realise the potential Arberas has. They actually sold him for 500k less than his minimum fee release clause so he joined for 2.9 million. He will continue his development with the U-19s.

Andres Cubas
View attachment 202346For some reason his price plummeted from 58 million to 9 and loan back for the year. I wasn't going to ask why and moved in before anyone else could tying up the deal on deadline day. He is a great signing especially for the fee.

Patricio Chumpitaz
View attachment 202350He joined us from Argentinian Second division side Talleres he where will stay until the end of the season there. A good signing for 3.6 million.

Giampietro Gualeni
View attachment 202351The young Italian joined from Atalanta where he will stay this year for 4.5 million. He has great potential as a striker and hopefully develops well if he does we will have got a bargain.

World Cup and Leagues

View attachment 202149
Germany beat surprise finalist South Korea and required penalties to do so. England lost to Italy with Zaza scoring in the 120+1 minute to get a late winner.

View attachment 202148
Leagues

View attachment 202146
Real stay top in Spain beating Barcelona

View attachment 202145
Bayern continue to dominate in Germany

View attachment 202144
Juve beat AC Milan to the Serie A title

View attachment 202143
City win the title in England and Southampton are the big name to go back down.

View attachment 202142
PSG continue to dominate in France and grab yet another title

View attachment 202140
SLB B team win the Portuguese second division in the table that everyone wanted to see​

Transfer Overview

The big transfers this season.

View attachment 202136
View attachment 202135
View attachment 202134
View attachment 202133
View attachment 202132

Portuguese Transfers

View attachment 202131
View attachment 202130

Porto TransfersView attachment 202129
View attachment 202128
View attachment 202127
View attachment 202126
My Personal Transfer of the Season
View attachment 202122
Something about his six goals last year convinced Chelsea that he was the man to replace Berahino and Costa and they felt that 33.5 million was a good price to pay for him

August Update

Finally back to football as we are done with the transfers and we have to see if the squad will gel and we can get a good start to the season.

Super Taca

Braga 2-4 Porto
View attachment 201560We get a good opening win to claim the Super Taca against a decent Braga side. Luciano had a goal on his debut after 10 minutes Pereyra tried to play him in but a defender intercepted it and then did the job for him with an awful back pass, Luciano fired low first time to put us ahead. Malcom also grabbed a debut goal after 30 minutes Zeca burst into the box and hit a great cut back to Malcom and he fired low into the far corner to put us two up. Roni scored for Braga after 35 minutes with his shot from 16 yards going in past Burki Rob Green vs USA style an awful start for him. Just two minutes later Braga were level Viudez cutting inside and firing a cross in to Carlos who volleyed it in at the back post. Two red cards had Braga don to ten men after 65 minutes and we ruthlessly took advantage. Yarmolenko was pulled down trying to get a rebound and he got back up to fire his penalty past the keeper and us back ahead. Luciano had us up by two five minutes later with his second Karavaev whipped in a cross and Luciano smacked in the header to get a debut double and end a 15 match scoring drought emphatically.

View attachment 201558
We had four debutants vs Braga as the core of the team is the same

European Super Cup

Chelsea 5-2 Porto
View attachment 201546Danny Welbeck of all people lead the line for Chelsea as we fell to them in the Super Cup. Welbeck put Chelsea ahead after 26 minutes Oscar slipped him in and his shot was parried by Burki onto Maicon, Welbeck got to it first and fired it in. Nastasic ran new post and slammed in a Hazard corner to put us two goals down. Herrera pulled a goal back after 41 minutes Lincoln cut the ball back to him on the edge of the box and he took a touch and curled an effort just inside the post that was unsaveable an great strike. A minute after half time Welbeck had us another goal behind Hazard chipped him in and he powered emphatically past Burki leaving him no chance. 71 minutes in and seconds after coming on for his debut Horta grabbed a goal. Lincoln chipped in a free kick and Firmino kneed it onto the post and Horta was on hand to sweep in the rebound. Berahino had Chelsea two up again after 80 minutes he was offside when played in and after Maicon tackled him clearly fouled him to win the ball back, unfortunately the referee missed it all and Berahino stuck his effort low and hard past Burki. Berahino grabbed a second in injury time he was played in and Burki made a big save before he tucked in the rebound to consign us to defeat in the super cup.

Nacional da Madeira 0-1 Porto

We earn a scrappy close win to open the season with three points. Firmino grabbed his first goal and the winner after 8 minutes Zeca played a quick free kick wide to Lozano he fired in a cross that one of the mass legs at the far post the ball then trickled back across goal and Firmino smacked in the loose ball to get us the three points. We weren't lethal as we had a lot of chances but, couldn't finish any of them.

Porto 2-0 Boavista

A cagey win gives us three more points to start the season. Malcom had us ahead after 5 minutes when we stopped a counter attack and launched one of our own Lincoln slipped in Malcom and from a tight angle he fired high across of the keeper to get us the goal. After a number of misses Pereyra grabbed the insurance goal with five minutes left Malcom found Yarmolenko on the counter and he slipped in Pereyra and he fired low and hard to get us the key second goal.

Table

View attachment 201543
Not much you can read into it at this early stage but, we have made a much better start than we did last year.

Champions League Draw

View attachment 201542
We could have had a worse group or a better one. Origi will make a return to Estadio Dragao sooner than he would have planned​

September Update

The squad begins to settle and already I've fielded complaints from 3 players over lack of playing time fortunately they where all happy with my reason of the player ahead of them being in good form.

Chaves 2-2 Porto
View attachment 201529The first points dropped of the season in a disappointing draw to Chaves. Malcom had us ahead after 24 minutes a great long passing move led to Karavaev whipping a great cross into the six yard box and Malcom knocked it in from close range. Zeca got into the box and was crudely hacked down in the box and we got a penalty. Pereyra stepped up and hit a great penalty low and hard into the corner. We were two goals up before half time and all was looking good, possibly to good. Chaves pulled a goal back after 51 minutes Luisinho got the ball on the edge of the box and picked out the top corner to leave Burki with no chance of going close to it an amazing goal. They levelled the game after 77 minutes Vera was slipped in and his low shot was weak but, somehow got past Burki to go in.

Moreirense 0-1 Porto
View attachment 201527We continue to constantly miss chances but, grab wins that are key. After missing a hatful of chances things went badly when Martins Indi got sent off for a poor sliding tackle hat could have been a straight red card but, it was his second yellow so the end result was the same he was sent off. Both sides then missed some great chances until just before 90 minutes Zeca whipped in a corner, Maia headed a it back across goal and Verdasca was in the right spot to side foot in from close range.

​Galatasaray 2-2 Porto
View attachment 201526A decent away draw to start up the group stages and Origi failed to get a goal as he faced us for the first time. Podolski put us behind after 8 minutes Sakai hit in a cross and Podolski smashed his shot in from close range. Pereyra had us on level terms 5 minutes later Zeca slipped him in and he slotted low under the keeper to keep us level. Inan had us behind just before the hour mark scoring a penalty from what looked like a dive. Luciano scored the equaliser after 80 minutes Maicon had his header cleared off the line by Origi but, we put the ball back into the mixer Zeca hitting in a low cross and from a tight angle Luciano smacked in the cross. A decent draw and we are in a decent position.

Porto 2-0 Maritimo

View attachment 201525
Another close solid win that nets us three more points. Karavaev whipped in a cross and it deflected off of a defender onto Pereyra and in past the keeper. We got the second goal after 66 minutes Herrera slipped in Yarmolenko and his shot was saved but, rebounded off a defender and crossed the line to get us two goals up.

Porto 4-3 Vit. Guimaraes
View attachment 201524In an incredible three goal comeback we get all three points despite being three goals down just before half time, an incredible effort from the players. Valiant had us behind after 19 minutes a free kick was floated in and he chested it down and volleyed past Burki. Duma had us two down after 37 minutes a nice passing move led to Cafu playing in Duma and he rounded the keeper and slotted his effort into an empty net. 3 minutes later we were three down and I was contemplating how bad it would end up being, Duma struck again a rapid counter saw Rafaelson pass to Duma who had a clear shot to score and he did so firing it in with aplomb. After 41 minutes we got the first goal of the comeback he intercepted a pass by the keeper to the defender and he rounded the keeper to slot in and make it three one. Two minutes later Luciano ensured that we would go into half time only a goal down Lozano slipped in Luciano and he fired low an in at the far post. Malcom three minutes after coming on at half time levelled the game Zeca whipped in a free kick and Malcom rose highest and chipped it over the onrushing keeper to get us level. After missing a clutch of chances Maia grabbed the winner seconds before I was about to sub him off Zeca whipped in a corner and Maicon headed it to Lozano who headed down to Maia who swivelled and volleyed it past the keeper.

Table
View attachment 201523
Sporting are looking solid and have been grinding out close wins all season long so far under Vilas-Boas

Champions League Group
View attachment 201519
All draw so far and we will want to get a win against Monaco at the star of next month

October Update + 1 game from November

I sort of failed to notice the end of the month so there is one game in November. We face Monaco and Stuttgart in the Champions League and they will be critical to any hope we have of qualifying this year.

Porto 0-0 AS Monaco
View attachment 200881In what was a dull game all of the chances were in a three minute period, Maicon blocked a Costa shot with a great slide when he was in on goal. We then countered but, Luciano was unable to convert from a decent position. Kalas hit the bar with an header from a corner. Not a thrilling game and Stuttgart go top after beating Gala at home.

Sporting 0-1 Porto
View attachment 200880We beat Sporting as they fail to win for the first time this season and we go top of the Portuguese Premier League for the first time this season. After we spurned a couple of chances Malcom took a rather challenging one after 27 minutes Herrera chipped a pass up to Malcom and just inside the box he let it bounce and then powering it pat the onrushing Patricio to grab the only goal of the game. We dominated the game but, yet again our poor finishing let us down as of 17 shots we only got three on target however, yet again the defence did enough to get us the three points.

Taca de Portugal

Moura 1-4 Porto
View attachment 200879We draw the Championship team and a fully rotated side easily got us through. Rui Pedro put us ahead with his first goal after 23 minutes Cassama played him in and he rounded the keeper and slotted in to get his first senior goal for us. He grabbed his second after 46 minutes Cassama passed to him and he turned his man before chipping the keeper to get a great second goal. Lozano added a third goal after 53 minutes Shongwe, who was making his debut, whipped in a great cross that was deflected and fell to Lozano and he fired it in with a great finish as it slammed into the far post. Moura pulled a goal back seconds later from kickoff a great twenty yarder from Chagas left Suarez no chance. Rui Pedro marked the day of his first Porto goal with his first Porto hat trick Cengiz Under was brought down in the box and Pedro fired into the top corner to wrap up his hat trick. A good win but, we get and awful draw as we face Benfica in the next round.
View attachment 200878

Porto 2-1 Stuttgart
View attachment 200877We get our first win in the Champions League and it is a big one that sends us top. Harnik had us behind after 10 minutes Werner beating Zeca and cutting back for Harnik who fired into the empty part of the goal. Martins Indi levelled for us after 38 minutes with his first goal since he returned from PSG leaving his marker behind to hea din a Zeca corner from 6 yards out. Stuttgart went down to ten men in the 49th minute as right back Zimmer was sent off for a second yellow. Rui Pedro grabbed a late winner as I had 3 strikers and three attacking midfielders and the number worked. Firmino passed to Lozano wide in the box and his effort was textbook low hard and across goal it was parried and Rui Pedro showed a strikers instinct to be on hand and fire in the rebound. His week gets better and he grabs what could be a massive goal. Karavaev will miss a month with a damaged knee cap which is annoying as he had been playing really well

Porto 4-0 Penafiel
View attachment 200876A Yarmolenko hat trick gave us the big win over Penafiel as we get a big win. He got his first inside 5 minutes Lincoln stood a cross up to Yarmolenko and he hung in the air like Ronaldo to head it back across goal and past the keeper. He grabbed his second after 21 minutes Cassama slipped him in at a tight angle and he fired high over the keeper to put us two up. Cassama grabbed a goal after 55 minutes a Lincoln cross was knocked down and Cassama took a couple of touches and then fired a powerful effort past the keeper.

P. Ferreira 1-0 Porto
View attachment 200875An overachieving Ferreira side had another big scalp as they continue there solid form. Patric grabbed the only goal of the game after 37 minutes with their only shot of the game. Maia intercepted a pass but, it played in Patric who finished well. We had some decent chances but, failed to convert any of them.

Table
View attachment 200874We stay top despite the loss and have a good chance to stay there for the rest of the year.

Champions League Group C

View attachment 200873
We are top at the halfway point and in a good position to qualify top

Alright mate, I'm done. :D

I love this story; well composed, excellent management, nice writing but your TRANSFERS, HOLY COW!!! :D

Basically, you've changed the whole squad, which wouldn't be a problem, but you did it in max. 2 season? :D Also, explain me these please, 'cos I'm still in shock:

- Why haven't you used Quintero? As AML (AP) that guy scores, assists and holy **** even writes you a new Bible.
- Jonathan Silva straight to Porto B then you've sold him? :D Think he is the best LB in the game, but correct me if I'm wrong. And who is this Zeca guy? :D
- Andrija Zivkovic, same thing (except that he is an AMR).

And Kondogbia and Balanta and Lucas Romero and Gil Romero? Don't get me wrong mate, I really like this, but what I see is that you could have been even more successful if you would have kept an eye on your finances and would have sticked to a starting lineup for more than 6 months.

Cheers

Alright mate, I'm done. :D

I love this story; well composed, excellent management, nice writing but your TRANSFERS, HOLY COW!!! :D

Basically, you've changed the whole squad, which wouldn't be a problem, but you did it in max. 2 season? :D Also, explain me these please, 'cos I'm still in shock:

- Why haven't you used Quintero? As AML (AP) that guy scores, assists and holy **** even writes you a new Bible.
- Jonathan Silva straight to Porto B then you've sold him? :D Think he is the best LB in the game, but correct me if I'm wrong. And who is this Zeca guy? :D
- Andrija Zivkovic, same thing (except that he is an AMR).

And Kondogbia and Balanta and Lucas Romero and Gil Romero? Don't get me wrong mate, I really like this, but what I see is that you could have been even more successful if you would have kept an eye on your finances and would have sticked to a starting lineup for more than 6 months.

Cheers

I'll respond to everything in order, first thanks for reading.

Porto's squad this year contains five players from the 2013-14 squad so I'm not much ahead of the real Porto in squad overhauls.

Quintero had two poor loan spells and I felt that I had better option the year I sold him, Bittencourt, Keita, Yarmolenko, Lucas Moura etc. I would also argue that starters Keita and Yarmolenko were good enough as Keita had 22 goals and 18 assists and Yarmolenko had 25 goals and 22 assists. I felt that he wasn't good enough so sold him to Galatasaray where he has been decently average.

Silva I couldn't fit in the squad, my one complaint about Portuguese football you have to register every player you want to play even if they are under-18 and from the academy, so I used him in the B team and for the first six months he was average. I arranged the transfer then and he couldn't leave until the summer as he had played for three teams Sporting, Porto, Porto B. He did then improve but, nothing he has done in Russia has made me regret it 17 games no assists 7.01 rating compared to Zeca 22 games 7 assists avg. rating of 7.45

Zeca is a left back from Santos who wasn't a very hot prospect judging from his lack of any youth caps, admittedly he is Brazilian. Scouts highly recommended him coaches agreed he has had 2.5 great seasons and is captain, mainly because he never asked to leave and was happy on an 8k per week contract for ages. I highly recommend him really good.View attachment 200702
Zivkovic was signed mid season as I only noticed he was free then, this meant that I couldn't register him so he would be with the B team where he did do very well but, in one year in the Serie A in 22 games he got one goal and no assists and has done a bit better in the Serie B so again my wingers have done far better.

Kondogbia was decent but, Dourado was better and Maia and Pires have better potential so I wanted to move them up the pecking order so he moved on. He wasn't as good as the scouts felt only just but, enough to make him back up.

Balanta wanted to leave so I negotiated the best deal possible and his 13 games in 1.5 years would indicate I came of better in that transfer.

Lucas Romero again a back up and wasn't great and has been bang on average for Roma, wasn't doing enough to justify his wages and is last two years at Roma he has been poor but, this year he has improved a bit still under 7 rating.

Gil Romero I have signed three times in FM's and twice he was great but, this time he was awful. Brescia sold him to Roma after 1 season for a loss and his last two seasons ratings were 6.54 and 6.45 so not great.

I would argue the 3 Portuguese Premier League titles two Taca de Portugal's and a final, a Portuguese League cup, a Europa League win and a Champions League final in 3 years is successful not just for Porto but for most other teams.

Also the majority of the good players I sell Origi, Keita, Milik, Bittentcourt, Maicon, Aboubakar even going back to Brahimi left because they wanted to play for a better team and I couldn't convince them to stay and I would rather move them on if they want to.