Awards Part 2

The rest of the awards that players won and came runner up in. As we had quite a lot of awards I had to split it into two.

Portuguese Manager of the Year
View attachment 208515A great award to win which I got for again leading my team to the title despite having the lowest net spend in the league by a mile. I also enter the Portuguese Hall of Fame

View attachment 208519
I move ahead of some ex-manager called Jose Mourinho, not heard of him but, seems to have been half decent with his trophies in Portugal.

Taca de Portugal Top Scorer

View attachment 208521
Again Aboubakar is the top scorer he also won the most man of the match awards in it. A great player who has been in great form.

View attachment 208512
We get the overachieving award for the Champions League and again Aboubakar is the top scorer he was on fire all season.

View attachment 208510
Aboubakar beat out Suarez and Jonas for top scorer in the Champions League.

Champions League Dream TeamView attachment 208509
Aboubakar makes the team along with Begovic both were key in getting us to the final and Begovic also was key to keeping us in the final.

FCP Fans Player of the Year
View attachment 208508
Aboubakar dominates the voting and Carrillo is second with Maicon third. I agree with Aboubakar winning but, think Dourado should have finished second as it is no coincidence we had a poor form with out him in the team.

Traore got goal of the season, Carrillo on a free was signing of the season and Dourado got the young player award which he deserves.

Season Review
View attachment 208506
Nothing to disagree with except the Moment of the season would be the win over PSG not the close win over last place Freamunde.

Transfers will be next.

First Two Weeks of the Transfer Window

Again we have quite a busy start to the transfer window with lots of players going in and out of Porto starting us with another year of a new team. Also, the financial power of the Premier league is ridiculous I got a 17 million euro bid for Milik from newly promoted Cardiff.

Emiliano Velasquez

The January signing was a disaster playing 8 times with an average rating of 6.3 and a red card. He wanted more first team football so I sold him to Monaco for 8.75 million a 3.75 million loss in six months. We will get 20% of the next fee for him.

Sergio Olivera

He stayed last year despite being unhappy about first team football. This year he left for Toulouse for 4.9 million and a decent profit was made on him.

Josh Vela

He left for 2 million and a loss of 1.7 million. He was unable to preform well in the second division so I was unwilling to have him in the full squad and sold him to Reading.

Geuvanio

Hardly featured in the team last year so was sold to Monchengladbach for a small profit and part of his next fee. He was a decent player but, not good enough to play a regular role which he wanted so he left.

Emmanuel Badu

Joined on a free last year and went to Genoa on loan. Genoa made the move permanent for 3 million euros. So a nice profit was made on him.

Geronimo Rulli

Following poor performances I decided to sell him and Dortmund stumped up 10 million for him and if he does come good we get a quarter of his fee.

Alberto Bueno

Had been supplanted as AMC so I moved him on to Sampdoria for 5 million euros. Too good a player to be on the bench so he left for Sampdoria. A good player who will be missed.
Fredric Maciel

Was on loan at Belnenses and they paid 625 to activate a clause and buy him. We made a near 2 million euro loss on him but, we got some more money from the loan fee.

Rodrigo de Paul

Another poor January purchase leaves for a loss. Not happy being left out of the squads he wanted to move so I sold him to Hull for 10.75 million.

Jesus Corona

Was half decent out on loan but, not good enough to get back into the squad and left to Santos Laguna in Mexico for 14 million euros. A decent player but, we are full of attacking talent.

Augusto Batalla

Replaced as back up after being loaned out last year was sold for 3.7 million plus clauses to Catania a bit of a loss but, we lose his wages.

Ramon Azeez

Another free transfer who spent last year on loan at Lyon moved to Norwich for 8 million euros a decent player but, I have better defensive midfielders.

Cleberson

The Santos centre back was not as good as scouted so was sold for 5.5 million to Empoli with a nice profit made on him for 1 year.

Adson

Another player who wasn't as good as advertised he spent a year out on loan before moving to AC Milan for 650k a small loss.

Bruma

He played infrequently and when he did he was poor. He wanted more first team football that I wouldn't give him so I sold him for 15 million a small profit was made on him.

Marcelo Meli

Was overshadowed by Dourado and wanted to leave so he went to Dinamo Moscow for 12.25 million a very small profit made on him.

Alisson

He was supplanted by Lavezzi last year and was on far too much money to be a back up. He was sold for slightly less due to his wages. 7.5 million to Koln a small profit but, I was hoping for more

Incomings next​

Transfer Incomings First Two Weeks

Some very high quality signings along with the usual cheap South Americans that a profit can be turned on.​

Ewandro
View attachment 208342
A young Brazilian from Sao Paulo the young striker could be a quality addition and will spend the rest of the calendar year at Vasco. He cost 2.3 million.​

Guiseppe Scalera
View attachment 208338
The Italian full back joins on a free transfer and cold be a quality addition to the team in a couple of years time. He will spend this season with the B team.​

Balde Keita
View attachment 208337
Porto's record signing Keita joined from Bayern for 36.5 million the vast majority is over 48 months and some is in clauses. He is a quality left winger who's transfer to Bayern didn't work out but, should become a success in Portugal.​

Juan Ignacio Cavallaro
View attachment 208336
Brought in on a free transfer he could be a good player for Porto but, in all honesty he will probably be loaned out and then sold next year. He will spend the year on loan at Estoril most likely.​

Oscar Suarez
View attachment 208333
The young keeper joined for 475k and was loaned back to Columbia has good potential and is working hard at improving.​

Leon Goretzka
View attachment 208332
He was on the transfer list at Schalke for 7 million euros so I snapped their hand off to get him for that price. Should be solid in midfield only problem is he was injured in preseason and will miss the first two months of the season through injury.​

Leonardo Bittencourt
View attachment 208331
Another signing from Bayern's transfer list the winger set us back 22.5 million to sign but, should tear up teams in Portugal and be a great asset.​

Hakim Ziyech
View attachment 208334
PSG had listed him for 17 million a year after signing him for 43 million. I was happy to pay that price and he should add some creativity to the central midfield. Don't know why PSG listed him as he was playing really well for them but, they didn't play him much.​

Vladimir Darida
View attachment 208335
The 27 year old Czech midfielder joined from Sevilla for 18 million mainly a creative force but, has the work ethic to be more creative. A good signing but, his age means a loss is inevitable if we keep him for a few years.​

Gokhan Tore
View attachment 208339
Another quality player plucked off of a transfer list. 10 million brought him to Porto from PSG who also cover just under half of his wages. A nice gesture.​

Paul Nardi
View attachment 208340
Unhappy in Monaco only 12.25 million was needed to buy him, should be the long term number one and replaces Rulli as back up for Begovic.​

Jordan Rossiter
View attachment 208341
As he is a good Liverpool midfielder he was probably the next Gerrard. After Sturridge and Firmino refused contract offer I bought him for 13.25 million to back up Dourado at DM higher wages than I'd like but, good potential. One of many good young players who are unhappy in the Premier League.​

In Fm15 Rossiter turned into an AMAZING player in just a few years time ! Hope he does the same here for you !

Loving this story! And congrats on overtaking that Mourinho fella. What is he up to these days in your save? :)

In Fm15 Rossiter turned into an AMAZING player in just a few years time ! Hope he does the same here for you !

Hope he can do the same for me he was immense for Bolton last season so I stumped up the cash

Loving this story! And congrats on overtaking that Mourinho fella. What is he up to these days in your save? :)

Thanks on both, he is still at Chelsea but, the new Mourinho AVB has returned to Portugal with Sporting

Transfer Outgoings Next Two Weeks

A busy couple weeks in the transfer market as we loose some big name players and spend heavily to replace them. I also cash in sell on clauses on Brahimi and Neves to raise just over 25 million in total.

Andre Carrillo
View attachment 208202Bayern needed a winger to replace the ones I bought and targeted Carrillo I rejected the first bid but, he waned to leave so after some drawn out negotiations he left for 46.5 million 40 up front and 6.5 over 12 months.

Fabian Noguera

Came in on a free last year and was loaned out for a fee. Now he leaves for Monchengladbach for 5 million making a tidy profit for me.

Arthur Masaku

We make a tidy profit on Masaku who goes to Napoli for initially around 8.5 million but, it could rise to elven million. Zeca had developed to be ahead of him and and I had younger back ups with better potential.

Capixaba

Filed to get to his potential and lost a lot of it. Took a 300k loss selling him to Ural in Russia where hopefully he can resurrect his career.

Juan Fernado Quintero

After a couple of loans he moves on for good to Galatasaray for 9.75 million. He was a good player but, I have better AMC's so had to move him on.

Asmir Begovic
View attachment 208201Not a planned loss but, Juve offered 23.5 million for him and I felt it was to good to turn down he had a great year and I will now be hunting for a new number one.

Eder Alvarez Balanta
View attachment 208200
After a couple of offers in January I was resigned to losing him and Juve came in with an offer of 18.5 million with a few million more in clauses. A good deal and I move on his pre-planned replacement.

Andrija Zivikovic

I have far to much quality on the left for him to get a look in so I sold him to Catania for 4 million euros the best I could get for him.

Vincent Aboubakar
View attachment 208203After beating off numerous bids from Arsenal, PSG and Leverkusen and a 46 million bid from Everton of all teams a deal was agreed with PSG. He leaves for 92 million euros with 90 up front a good deal that gives us enough to try and find a replacement.

Incomings Transfer Next Two Weeks

With money to burn, instead I gave it to football clubs, agents and player. Continuing to spend heavily on players as I have we add more quality.

Andriy Yarmolenko
View attachment 208170Carrillo's replacement is another from the transfer list of PSG. He rejected us last year for PSG and we spent 42 million to get him. Some over time and we get him for less than Carrillo was sod for by a bit. Should reaaly add quality to the wings.

Diego Costa
View attachment 208169Not the Chelsea striker but, the Sao Paulo defender joined for a transfer arranged last year for 110k. My head of youth development is sacked as he put him on 56k a week more than a number of first teamers.

Antonio Duarte
View attachment 208162The young Braga defensive midfielder has great potential and all it took was a 3.6 million to bring him here. He should be worth miles more than that in the future.

Joaquin Rikemberg
View attachment 208161He cost 6.25 million from Belgrano and is on loan at Olimpio for the year and can come back to get some first team football in the next year or two.

Marco Asensio
View attachment 208160He joins us on loan for the year the talented midfielder will only cost us 8.25k a week in wages a bargain for the quality that he has.

Cengiz Under
View attachment 208150
The left sided winger joins from Besiktas for 18.25 million most of it over time. He has great talent and should become a leading player.

Johnathan Silva
View attachment 208149The Sporting left back joins for 9.75 million and will back up Zeca for the foreseeable future a cheap price considering his ability.

Marko Mijailovic
View attachment 208151
The youngster joins from Red Star Belgrade for 1.5 million the defensive mid. has good potential and could be a good player in a few years.

Marlon
View attachment 208156The centre back joins from Palmeiras for 7.25 million to replace Balanta he has good potential and cpuld anchor the defence well in the future and this year. We beat Lyon to signing him.

Ronaldo
View attachment 208157The young Brazilian centre back joins from Cruzeiro for 3.8 million and will spend this year with the B team before making the step up to the full team.

Vyacheslav Karavaev
View attachment 208163I spent big on getting the right back from CSKA Moscow he should hold down the spot for a few years and go to number one for right back. 26.5 million most of it over time had to be spent to get him here.

Marcus Rashford
View attachment 208164A hot prospect from Man Utd joined having never played for them. He was very cheap and has great potential and if not at least he will make a profit. He will spend the year with the B team.

Luis Henrique
View attachment 208165The young striker signed for 3.2 million from Botafogo and is loaned back to them for the rest of the season he should develop into a good striker.

Andre Grencho
View attachment 208168A signing made by the head of youth development for 500k he joined from Setubal not convinced by him but, I will give him a chance to develop.

Amazing deals and amazing profit for Porto ! Just like real life !

Amazing deals and amazing profit for Porto ! Just like real life !

Thanks, Aboubakar and Carrillo were massive profits but, have to be replaced for next season hope the replacements do as well

Random news but, I decided FM without Aboubakar was no fun saw Cameroon had no manager so applied for and got the job. I'll briefly update it and will be looking to make the world cupView attachment 207507

August Outgoings

Not a lot of players leaving permanently in August as the majority was incoming transfers.

Luciano Cabral

The Chilean AMC leaves to Fernabache for 3.5 million still could be a good player but, hadn't done well when he left on loan and was sold on.

Valentino Lazaro

The Austrian had a small bidding war for him and while the initial fees are a loss some simple clauses will be paid we will make a profit. Should have a decent career.

Ezequiel Lavezzi

One I wasn't sure about but, his high wages and having younger players with higher potential and costing less lead to him leaving for Besiktas had a wonderful season with us but, that was all it was to be.

Caju

Failed to impress on loan so left back to Brazil to Internacional for 1.6 million rising to a lot more if he does well. A small loss on him though.

Juan Iturbe

Leaves Porto for Italy a second time as he moves to Lazio for an initial 8.75 million but, it can rise to 14 million so the chance of profit remains.

Igor Lichnovsky

Had been out on loan for the last couple of years but, left permanently to Championship side Bournemouth for 5.75 million.

Tomas Podstawski

The DM had been with the B team for the last couple of years but, left for Racing Lens for 800k on deadline day.

August Incoming Transfer

A lot of incoming transfers and some very expensive ones as I look for some big name replacements to improve the squad.

Agustin Cabello
View attachment 207398The young Argentinian was signed from the oddly named Club Atletico Douglas Haig. He cost 3.8 million and will be with the B team this year before hopefully joining the first team.

Divock Origi
View attachment 207396The Liverpool striker joined for 30 million euros as one of the committee to replace Aboubakar's goals. What I didn't realise was that he signed being 13 hours without a goal on loan at Sampdoria.

Joel Matip
View attachment 207391
Joel joined to really shore up the defence and marshall the back along with Maicon an experienced quality centre back pairing. He cost an expensive 44 million euros from Schalke.

Tiago Ilori
View attachment 207390He was listed at Liverpool and bought to add to the Portuguese contingent at the squad. He cost a small 5.5 million another ex-Sporting player at the squad.

Nicola Leali
View attachment 207401Bought for 6.75 million from Empoli to rotate in goal with Nardi. He was cheap and he will be a good back up or decent starter.

Elio Camara
View attachment 207402A youngster signed from Madeira for 1.6 million and has a big future in the defensive midfielder role at Porto a good cheap player.

Malcom
View attachment 207405I wasn't planning on signing him but, Benfica were trying to get him and I wanted to ensure they didn't get them so spent the 12.5 million required to get his signing. He will spend the year on loan at P. Ferreira.

Jorge Pereira
View attachment 207406A cheap young player signed from Atletico CP for 325k and will be with the under 19's could be a leading centre back.

Ben Pearson
View attachment 207407Another young player unhappy in the Premier League I picked him up for 1.5 million from Man Utd and will be with the B team for a year.

Marquinhos joined on loan but, I misread the registration rules so I sent him back to PSG the same day.

Lucas Moura
View attachment 207409Joined on deadline day he was listed for 9.75 million from PSG and was willing to half his wages to ensure that the move was able to go ahead.

World Transfer Overview

Last update on transfers for a bit going to have to show results for the next update

Porto Overview
View attachment 207319View attachment 207318View attachment 207317View attachment 207315View attachment 207316
Portuguese Rivals Transfers

Only Sporting and Benfica did any deals that would be classified as big.View attachment 207314View attachment 207311

World Transfer Overview
View attachment 207310View attachment 207309View attachment 207308View attachment 207306View attachment 207305

August Update

The month where we see if the newly formed team can gel quickly and stay on the top of Portugal.

Porto 3-1 Belenenses
View attachment 207256A good first win and we get the Supertaca. We fell behind when ex-player Maciel whipped in a cross that Sturgeon knocked in at the back post. They went down to ten men when Tiago Silva was sent off for a two footed tackle. Herrera put us ahead two minutes after half time Zeca found Bittencourt out wide and he sent in a cross that Herrera cushioned in with a volley. Origi ended his scoring drought less that 15 minutes after coming on at half time. Bittencourt hit in a poor cross right at the keeper, but, he dropped it at Origi's feet and he fired it into an empty goal. Yarmolenko also got a debut goal Herrera with a great long ball to pick him out and Yarmolenko slipped his effort past the onrushing keeper. A good win and the squad seems to have gelled well.

Chaves 0-6 Porto
View attachment 207255Who thought we would miss goals without Vincent. Milik grabbed a hat trick as we hammer Chaves. Lavezzi opened the scoring after 6 minutes an awful clearance allowing Milik to play him in and he clinically fired past the keeper. Lavezzi was then needlessly pulled down in the box chasing a pass that looked like it would be a throw. Milik had his penalty saved but, fired the rebound into the opposite corner to double the lead. Lavezzi grabbed a second after 37 minutes Iturbe picking him out with a long ps and then an almost identical finish just inside the post to put us three up at half time. Milik knocked in a Yarmolenko cross after 67 minutes to extend the lead. Keita scored five minutes later easily volleying in a Yarmolenko cross from close range. Milik wrapped up his hat trick after 74 minutes Keita heading a cross back across goal and Milik adjusted well to volley it in. A comprehensive win.

Porto 2-2 Belnenses
View attachment 207254Sturgeon scored twice as we lose a two goal lead. Yarmolenko put us ahead after 13 minutes heading in a Zeza cross that tok a slight deflection on the way in. Milik had us two up five minutes before half time a counter wrapped up with him heading in a Keita cross. Sturgeon pulled his first goal back after 62 minutes heading in a Maciel cross. He then grabbed a 90th minute equaliser scoring the rebound of a Dias shot to see us drop some very early points.

Vit Guimaraes 2-1 Porto
View attachment 207253
Maybe the squad hasn't gelled so well as we have our first defeat something that last year took until late January. Duma put them up after 36 minutes rounding Nardi when in on goal. They doubled their lead just before half time Bebe played in Lila and he fired in an unsaveable stop that hit the top of the far post and went in. Keita pulled a goal back just after the hour mark heading in a Yarmolenko cross it was a poor effort but, I didn't care but, we couldn't level as we get a poor start.

Forgot to take a screenshot of the table but, it is early doors so not massive

Champions League Group Draw
View attachment 207257Again a number one seed and we get a good group and no Barca.

Annoyingly the save file corrupted and the last back up was the start of the transfer window and I can't be bothered to do them all again. As I have conquered Portugal as I set out to do, I'll be starting a new story soon with a new team

No good mate - I was enjoying this!! Good luck with the next save.

Doing a save that I'm playing myself I noticed that the back up for it was actually this Porto game a couple of weeks before the save file corrupted so I'll keep on going with this save. None of the results that I've posted will change but, I did delete the screenshots so they will be different for a bit