Portugal v Spain - 17Nov 9PM

Who will win the Iberian derby?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ronaldo's disallowed goal was insane. Whoever it was that headed it in and made it offside should be ashamed for being a goal thief. Amazing goal. Made Casillas look like a child.

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 03:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 AM ----------[/COLOR]

PORTUGAL 3-0 SPAIN!!

Helder Postiga AGAIN!!

Battering the World Champions. Proves my theories.

1.Queiroz is ****.
2. Postiga > Almeida & Liedson
3. Their World Cup win over us was a fluke.
How does you beating them in a friendly prove that there win over you in the world cup was a fluke?:S
You were pretty terrible at the world cup and spain totally dominated that game.

You might have done better with a different manager but i still wouldn't call it a fluke.:p

Portugal 4-0 Spain - FT.

Well, well, well.. still a one man team? Considering Ronaldo came off at HT and we scored 3 second half goals?
Has anyone actually ever called portugal a one man team?
I can't remember anyone on the site saying it. Would seem a stupid thing to say, Ronaldo went like 2 years without scoring for you.

How does you beating them in a friendly prove that there win over you in the world cup was a fluke?:S
You were pretty terrible at the world cup and spain totally dominated that game.

You might have done better with a different manager but i still wouldn't call it a fluke.:p

Has anyone actually ever called portugal a one man team?
I can't remember anyone on the site saying it. Would seem a stupid thing to say, Ronaldo went like 2 years without scoring for you.

There goal in the WC was offside. I remember that clearly. Also, they dominated that game like they dominate every single game, but they didn't deserve to win IMO. But that's going to come down to opinions in the end.

If you go back to the squad selection thread of when the Portugal WC squad was announced you'll see it there I believe. Alot of comments about how Ronaldo is our only player etc..

EDIT: The Portugal Hate Thread :(

Last edited:
Spain didn't win the world cup just by beating you in that one off game, they have proved over the last 4 years that they are by far the best team firstly in Europe and then in the World. Excellent win by Portugal but friendlys are meaningless, i mean just look at Chelsea's pre-season this year??

A lot of anti-Portugal people on the site I've realised..

Why is it when Argentina beat Spain 4-1, everyone was raving about it and that was a weakened Spain. But when Portugal beat a full strength Spain 4-0, it's only a meaningless friendly?

Spain didn't win the world cup just by beating you in that one off game, they have proved over the last 4 years that they are by far the best team firstly in Europe and then in the World. Excellent win by Portugal but friendlys are meaningless, i mean just look at Chelsea's pre-season this year??

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

No one give a fuuuuck about Chelsea's pre season!! Stop making everything about Chelsea, pleeeeaaaasssseeeeeeeee.

Good win for Portugal, but indeed, friendlys are pretty much worthless.

'Like the bit about making everything about Chelsea, not the friendlies being worthless bit.'

A lot of anti-Portugal people on the site I've realised..

Why is it when Argentina beat Spain 4-1, everyone was raving about it and that was a weakened Spain. But when Portugal beat a full strength Spain 4-0, it's only a meaningless friendly?

Believe me im anti-Portugal as much as im anti-Spain and anti-France and anti-Israel anti-St Kits&Nevis etc etc. I know i wasen't ranting and raving about Argentina's win against Spain but i suppose more attention was drawn to it is because it was the first game without Maradona. Don't get me wrong winning a friendly is more morale building than losing one and we all prefer winning to losing.

Whether it's a friendly or not, a so called one man team just beat the World Champions who were at full strength 4-0. Whether it's a friendly or not, it's an incredible achievement.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

No one give a fuuuuck about Chelsea's pre season!! Stop making everything about Chelsea, pleeeeaaaasssseeeeeeeee.

Good win for Portugal, but indeed, friendlys are pretty much worthless.

I quote Chelsea because its what i know at the end of the day. Why would i say another teams pre-season get it absolutely wrong and people slate me for it?? If i started using other teams and started getting things wrong it would make me look like a right c**t.

But what the **** do Chelsea have to do with Portugal vs Spain!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Great game from what I seen, Portugual looked very exciting..

On a more important note, how did Meireles do?

But what the **** do Chelsea have to do with Portugal vs Spain!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I was talking about the un-importance of friendlys, my god i can't believe this has rattled your cage so much.

I quote Chelsea because its what i know at the end of the day. Why would i say another teams pre-season get it absolutely wrong and people slate me for it?? If i started using other teams and started getting things wrong it would make me look like a right c**t.

Hmm, I suppose, but I still fail to see the logic in bringing anyones 'pre-season' into the discussion, international friendly's (at this time of year) are not 'pre-season' games, players are at full fitness, and have had alot of match practice.

Anyway, in responce to DMF, I think we all know that Portugal are a great team, when they turn up, they just happen to be fairly inconsistent, much like England, although, you can actually beat good teams, where we can not. I think it is unfair to suggest that people think your a 'one man team' as to be honest, you have alot of good players, and many I would take in the England team, pretty much all of them. When you guys turn on the style, and play to your potential, you can tear any team apart.

Meireles was good tonight. His passing was excellent, but he didn't get forward as much as he usually does (not sure if that was tactical or not though). His vision was good and he was excellent defensively too.

Torres came on with about 10-15 minutes left and looked very poor. He looked sluggish and half fit. There was one chance he had in particular. Corner came over he was all alone inside the box with about 5 yards space and he tried to volley it and it went out for a throw. Doesn't look himself.

I was talking about the un-importance of friendlys, my god i can't believe this has rattled your cage so much.

They're local rivals which should add more bite to the game. Spain are world champions, world champions shouldn't lose so it was quite an important game.

Hmm, I suppose, but I still fail to see the logic in bringing anyones 'pre-season' into the discussion, international friendly's (at this time of year) are not 'pre-season' games, players are at full fitness, and have had alot of match practice.

Anyway, in responce to DMF, I think we all know that Portugal are a great team, when they turn up, they just happen to be fairly inconsistent, much like England, although, you can actually beat good teams, where we can not. I think it is unfair to suggest that people think your a 'one man team' as to be honest, you have alot of good players, and many I would take in the England team, pretty much all of them. When you guys turn on the style, and play to your potential, you can tear any team apart.

this.

This is my point, and I found in the thread I was talking about to 19-11-08 there were numerous comments about Portugal being a one man team, but I'm not able to quote them as the thread is closed. If you check that thread, you'll see why I asked the question, as a lot of people seem to think that.