What the **** is the point in a player when presented with a tap in stopping the ball to allow the defender to get back and make a block! This is Juan Mata as well! A decent player who would smash that in and instead causes me to draw the match! It's an absolute joke. I never see that happen for the opposition!

Also why is my team with better forwards has to have 4 times as many shots as the opposition to score goals? I f I have a team set up that manages 20+ shots 12 of which are on target and I lose 3-2 to a team that has 3 shots and scores all 3 with each player having finishing less than 14 for finishing and hardly world class its ridiculous! And this happens all the time! I have a solid defense and good goalkeepers and don't exactly play gung-ho football so there appears to be no logic behind this other than the teams I play against will score 80% of their chances against me and I will be lucky to score 20% of mine? If I tried to play with everyone behind the ball and catch on the break I would get annihilated in the same manner I should annihilate the opposition. Hope they sort this out in the next one as I am rapidly going off this series of games.

Has a video game ever made you cry?
The last time I cried was at the endings of MGS4 and RDR and a little man tear was shed when Ghost died in MW2.
Those are the 'good' sort of cries.
FM14 has given me the bad sort like Devil May Cry 3 did. Losing 5-0 to Bayern Munich in the CL Final.
Watching your team crumble and get destroyed over and over and over again.
I think it's time I call it a day.

See you in November

The most frustrating thing for me is when my squad is underperforming and players keep wanting to talk to me about the underachievement and what I'm going to do about it... When they are the ones who are playing terribly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know! And when I say "it's all going to be fine at the end of the season", it's me who has to "keep my word". WTF?! It's all backwards. Most of the players take no resposibility on how the team plays at all. Protest against fines when they have played horribly etc.

And in team meetings you can basically only hold their hand but they can come to me and whine about every little thing. There is no room for demanding manager in this game. Your only option is to kiss everyones a** all the time!

When my regen keeper has "Personality: Perfectionist" and described as "Similar type of player to Marc-André ter Stegen", who also has "Personality: Perfectionist", and I set ter Stegen to tutor him but get a message in my inbox saying there was "a clear difference in personality between them". Doesn't make much sense to me.

Within a few minutes into the match and a shot or two and you know your team will not win because you chose the wrong team talk. Twenty shots later and you are still scoreless. They could shoot 50 times with 20 CCCs and still not get a goal while the other team gets a 35yd shot in, or an intended deep cross beats the GK, or your FB that never, infuriatingly enough, tracks back with his mark until the time a cross comes into the box and deflects off of him for an OG.

Short throw ins straight to the opposition. I know there is a skill in bombing a long throw into the box but surely it cant be that hard to pick out an unmarked team mate from 2 yards!

Last edited:
So I had a little chat with my regen striker who's out on loan at Atletico Madrid, and told him "You've been playing well for your loan club recently, I just wanted to say keep up the good work".

He responded "Do you really believe I'm playing well? Obviously our standards are quite different as I believe I could be doing far better."

He has a rating of 9.44 the last 5 games, has the highest average rating in the spanish league and is also the top goal scorer. He must have some insane standards.

No matter how many times people are gonna use the 'Well, it happens in real life too' excuse, this happens WAY too much on FM.

F53F916BE0796C7787532B841E84E4199011CE7F

when players who have shocking stats in respect to finishing score the chance that comes to them and strikers who are meant to be able to finish are useless

The worst thing about this game is that the home team is WAY TOO OP !!!

Any home team, big or small, will suddenly become Real Madrid or Bayern Munich, with slick passing, lighting speed and deadly finishing. The visiting team, again big or small, will play like they are some third tier league team. The strikers can't score, the midfielders keep giving away the balls, the defenders keep losing the runners and making some of the stupidest mistakes I've ever seen.

I played as Arsenal, I had built a pretty strong squad. I was invincible at home but played like **** away. The contrast between at home and not at home are just too big. As a result I got my a** kicked by teams like Crystal Palace, Southampton, QPR and Derby County. I try to replay them again with different tactics but same results as if it was already scripted. Even I won, it's because Jack Wilshere scored a 25 yard screamer or opposition defenders scored a OG. Simply put, you need a lot of luck to win away from home, even against the worst opponent in the league.

Another thing that ****** me off is the amount of disallowed goals I've got, one for every two matches on average. That made me want to smash my laptop (actually, I DID) especially I was trailing.

I must say I really miss FM2012, maybe it was a little bit too easy to win, but at least I have fun. We play games for fun, not for frustrations due to the ridiculous amount of bugs that makes the game almost unplayable.

I must say I really miss FM2012, maybe it was a little bit too easy to win, but at least I have fun. We play games for fun, not for frustrations due to the ridiculous amount of bugs that makes the game almost unplayable.

Okay buddy, what bugs are there that you've found and every alpha, beta and patches one through three playtesters have missed?

You know what I think makes a FM 'unplayable'? Not having collision detection. Like, say, FM12.

Get real. No FM has been 'unplayable' apart from FM09, unless you're prone to keel over and faint from the shock of having a crash dump once every four months.

Did I just see the words "away team way too OP"?!!

Good god thought the Blizzard forums were bad for this stuff

Okay buddy, what bugs are there that you've found and every alpha, beta and patches one through three playtesters have missed?

You know what I think makes a FM 'unplayable'? Not having collision detection. Like, say, FM12.

Get real. No FM has been 'unplayable' apart from FM09, unless you're prone to keel over and faint from the shock of having a crash dump once every four months.

FM14 is a lot of (good) things but one thing it is not is unplayable... but (there's always a but) it has indeed several bugs that SI have missed:

- translations: the portuguese edition turned to brazilian after the last patch, since several issues were translated to brazilian instead of portuguese;

- short corners: the player who should come closer to receive the pass stands too far away, leading to being man-marked by the oponnent; another issue is the player shooting the corner misses a simple short pass, even when (rarely) his team mate is not man-marked;

- crossings hitting the bar;

Then there's always the issue of shots hitting the posts. The argument against this is that a more offensive mentality will lead to the players being more anxious to score, so it's natural that there will be more balls hitting the posts. Well, it's completely unreasonable: first, that would mean to avoid offensive mentalities; second, the argumen is not valid because the problem is still on even with lower mentalities.
Annoying issues but that doesn't make the game unplayable.

FM14 is a lot of (good) things but one thing it is not is unplayable... but (there's always a but) it has indeed several bugs that SI have missed:

- translations: the portuguese edition turned to brazilian after the last patch, since several issues were translated to brazilian instead of portuguese;

- short corners: the player who should come closer to receive the pass stands too far away, leading to being man-marked by the oponnent; another issue is the player shooting the corner misses a simple short pass, even when (rarely) his team mate is not man-marked;

- crossings hitting the bar;

Then there's always the issue of shots hitting the posts. The argument against this is that a more offensive mentality will lead to the players being more anxious to score, so it's natural that there will be more balls hitting the posts. Well, it's completely unreasonable: first, that would mean to avoid offensive mentalities; second, the argumen is not valid because the problem is still on even with lower mentalities.
Annoying issues but that doesn't make the game unplayable.

That's fantastic. Have you reported those bugs on the SI forums? If not, I encourage you to do so. Perhaps not the short corners and crosses hitting the bar thing, those are well known, but definitely the Brazilian/Portuguese thing. Those are actual frustrations.

That's fantastic. Have you reported those bugs on the SI forums? If not, I encourage you to do so. Perhaps not the short corners and crosses hitting the bar thing, those are well known, but definitely the Brazilian/Portuguese thing. Those are actual frustrations.

Reported it several times with screenshots and pkm's until the reply I received was some kind of "we are satisfied with the current ME". As for the translation issue, it was looked as a minor issue. Personally, I find it a little insulting.

Adding to these known issues, there seems to be a problem with players decision when near the goal... at least it was recognized by the mods at the SI Forum.

Reported it several times with screenshots and pkm's until the reply I received was some kind of "we are satisfied with the current ME". As for the translation issue, it was looked as a minor issue. Personally, I find it a little insulting.

Adding to these known issues, there seems to be a problem with players decision when near the goal... at least it was recognized by the mods at the SI Forum.

That's kinda ******. They're not perfect over there on the SI Forums, although I can vouch for their busyness at the moment.

EDIT: Although, if this was you then you've clearly not only lied but was also quite rude and didn't really read what they'd said. So maybe not so ******.

Last edited:
I play Football Manager 2013 and would like assistance please I posted on the 2013 one but it doesn't seem like id get a response anytime soon I have a great team but just can't score goals

Defending the European Champions League trophy that I won last season, I faced Bayern in the 2026 Final. Here are the post-match stats...

View attachment 334781

...but that doesn't even tell half the story - because their one and only shot on target was actually saved by my goalkeeper! The goal came from a low left-wing cross to the near post which their striker, my centre-back and my keeper all converged upon, the ball deflecting in off my defender's ankle.

That defender is a German - Phillip Kaminksi - playing his final match for Southampton, with his contract about to expire and a Spanish defender about to complete his season-long loan back at Rayo Vallecano to take his place. If Kaminski ends up moving to Bayern in the summer, I shall be very suspicious!!!

Last edited:
That's kinda ******. They're not perfect over there on the SI Forums, although I can vouch for their busyness at the moment.

EDIT: Although, if this was you then you've clearly not only lied but was also quite rude and didn't really read what they'd said. So maybe not so ******.

Can't open that link, so I really do not know what's written unless some copy / paste from you