Post Your Frustations Thread

ajt09

Nice Guy Gramps
Oct 23, 2009
Did I just see the words "away team way too OP"?!!

Good god thought the Blizzard forums were bad for this stuff

miguelalves

Feb 7, 2013
Okay buddy, what bugs are there that you've found and every alpha, beta and patches one through three playtesters have missed?

You know what I think makes a FM 'unplayable'? Not having collision detection. Like, say, FM12.

Get real. No FM has been 'unplayable' apart from FM09, unless you're prone to keel over and faint from the shock of having a crash dump once every four months.
FM14 is a lot of (good) things but one thing it is not is unplayable... but (there's always a but) it has indeed several bugs that SI have missed:

- translations: the portuguese edition turned to brazilian after the last patch, since several issues were translated to brazilian instead of portuguese;

- short corners: the player who should come closer to receive the pass stands too far away, leading to being man-marked by the oponnent; another issue is the player shooting the corner misses a simple short pass, even when (rarely) his team mate is not man-marked;

- crossings hitting the bar;

Then there's always the issue of shots hitting the posts. The argument against this is that a more offensive mentality will lead to the players being more anxious to score, so it's natural that there will be more balls hitting the posts. Well, it's completely unreasonable: first, that would mean to avoid offensive mentalities; second, the argumen is not valid because the problem is still on even with lower mentalities.
Annoying issues but that doesn't make the game unplayable.

GodCubed

Mod-ern Day Legend
Apr 11, 2010
FM14 is a lot of (good) things but one thing it is not is unplayable... but (there's always a but) it has indeed several bugs that SI have missed:

- translations: the portuguese edition turned to brazilian after the last patch, since several issues were translated to brazilian instead of portuguese;

- short corners: the player who should come closer to receive the pass stands too far away, leading to being man-marked by the oponnent; another issue is the player shooting the corner misses a simple short pass, even when (rarely) his team mate is not man-marked;

- crossings hitting the bar;

Then there's always the issue of shots hitting the posts. The argument against this is that a more offensive mentality will lead to the players being more anxious to score, so it's natural that there will be more balls hitting the posts. Well, it's completely unreasonable: first, that would mean to avoid offensive mentalities; second, the argumen is not valid because the problem is still on even with lower mentalities.
Annoying issues but that doesn't make the game unplayable.
That's fantastic. Have you reported those bugs on the SI forums? If not, I encourage you to do so. Perhaps not the short corners and crosses hitting the bar thing, those are well known, but definitely the Brazilian/Portuguese thing. Those are actual frustrations.

miguelalves

Feb 7, 2013
That's fantastic. Have you reported those bugs on the SI forums? If not, I encourage you to do so. Perhaps not the short corners and crosses hitting the bar thing, those are well known, but definitely the Brazilian/Portuguese thing. Those are actual frustrations.

Reported it several times with screenshots and pkm's until the reply I received was some kind of "we are satisfied with the current ME". As for the translation issue, it was looked as a minor issue. Personally, I find it a little insulting.

Adding to these known issues, there seems to be a problem with players decision when near the goal... at least it was recognized by the mods at the SI Forum.

GodCubed

Mod-ern Day Legend
Apr 11, 2010
Reported it several times with screenshots and pkm's until the reply I received was some kind of "we are satisfied with the current ME". As for the translation issue, it was looked as a minor issue. Personally, I find it a little insulting.

Adding to these known issues, there seems to be a problem with players decision when near the goal... at least it was recognized by the mods at the SI Forum.
That's kinda ******. They're not perfect over there on the SI Forums, although I can vouch for their busyness at the moment.

EDIT: Although, if this was you then you've clearly not only lied but was also quite rude and didn't really read what they'd said. So maybe not so ******.

Last edited:

Oman666

Oct 6, 2014
I play Football Manager 2013 and would like assistance please I posted on the 2013 one but it doesn't seem like id get a response anytime soon I have a great team but just can't score goals

rocheyb

Jul 8, 2013
Defending the European Champions League trophy that I won last season, I faced Bayern in the 2026 Final. Here are the post-match stats...

View attachment 334781

...but that doesn't even tell half the story - because their one and only shot on target was actually saved by my goalkeeper! The goal came from a low left-wing cross to the near post which their striker, my centre-back and my keeper all converged upon, the ball deflecting in off my defender's ankle.

That defender is a German - Phillip Kaminksi - playing his final match for Southampton, with his contract about to expire and a Spanish defender about to complete his season-long loan back at Rayo Vallecano to take his place. If Kaminski ends up moving to Bayern in the summer, I shall be very suspicious!!!

Last edited:

miguelalves

Feb 7, 2013
That's kinda ******. They're not perfect over there on the SI Forums, although I can vouch for their busyness at the moment.

EDIT: Although, if this was you then you've clearly not only lied but was also quite rude and didn't really read what they'd said. So maybe not so ******.
Can't open that link, so I really do not know what's written unless some copy / paste from you

miguelalves

Feb 7, 2013
Defending the European Champions League trophy that I won last season, I faced Bayern in the 2026 Final. Here are the post-match stats...

View attachment 692094

...but that doesn't even tell half the story - because their one and only shot on target was actually saved by my goalkeeper! The goal came from a low left-wing cross to the near post which their striker, my centre-back and my keeper all converged upon, the ball deflecting in off my defender's ankle.

That defender is a German - Phillip Kaminksi - playing his final match for Southampton, with his contract about to expire and a Spanish defender about to complete his season-long loan back at Rayo Vallecano to take his place. If Kaminski ends up moving to Bayern in the summer, I shall be very suspicious!!!
Although that is a situation that really happens in football, it happens too much in FM. I guess it's a 50-50 situation, meaning that user tactics have a lot to improve and people have a lot to undertand about tactic concepts of the game; and also, it's a situation that could improve to FM15.

miguelalves

Feb 7, 2013
That's probably because you're rightfully banned. ;)
Only when I'm at the current computer :p, so later I'll take a look into that link to see If I lied. What you don't know (and for not knowing you should avoid considerations) is that I email directly with an SI staff and not some moderator.

miguelalves

Feb 7, 2013

The translation from the the early versions were completly terrible, basic mistakes that a kindergarden kid wouldn't make. So, not sure where exactly do you read lies.

Novocaine

Aug 9, 2011
I am sick of going game after game having 5 or 6 clear cut chances and scoring one. While the opponent has one shot on target and scores. It's ridiculous.

Novocaine

Aug 9, 2011
Because if it was something else (bug), everyone would have that problem.
I've seen others complain about the ME being favourable to the opposition. There are plenty of examples of the other team having 1 ccc and scoring where the players team would have 5 or 6 and still only score 1. This isn't a one time thing, it has happened to me plenty.

Mike.

Staff member
Feb 15, 2009
I've seen others complain about the ME being favourable to the opposition. There are plenty of examples of the other team having 1 ccc and scoring where the players team would have 5 or 6 and still only score 1. This isn't a one time thing, it has happened to me plenty.

Just because others complain that the ME is favourable to the opposition doesnt make it true to be honest. The ME cant be biased because it cannot tell the different between inputs, never has been, and as it stands never will be (since they dont plan on creating handicaps)

miguelalves

Feb 7, 2013
The ME can't make that distinction. It happens to you plenty because the problem is with your tactic. If you need help, upload screenshots of your tactic and instructions. Also helps if you start looking into matches and take a look what's going wrong.

sir_shanley

Jul 31, 2009
The ME can't make that distinction. It happens to you plenty because the problem is with your tactic. If you need help, upload screenshots of your tactic and instructions. Also helps if you start looking into matches and take a look what's going wrong.
How can it be his tactic if he is creating 5-6 clear cut chances each game? That says to me his tactic is working and that the usual thing happens that World Class strikers can't finish basic chances yet some unknown can chip the keeper from 20 yrds. Usual bullshit that happens far too often on this game.