I appreciate that every game isn't the same but the variety that you mention and are in this version of the game are too extreme. Moral rock bottom after 2 draws and a lose spread over a squad of 22/23 that seem pretty extreme to me.

I don't expect the game to be robot but I would expect more consistency in results when good players are playing with a good tactic. The inconsistency seems to become more apparent when you load a previous save.

I appreciate that every game isn't the same but the variety that you mention and are in this version of the game are too extreme. Moral rock bottom after 2 draws and a lose spread over a squad of 22/23 that seem pretty extreme to me.

I don't expect the game to be robot but I would expect more consistency in results when good players are playing with a good tactic. The inconsistency seems to become more apparent when you load a previous save.
If your morale is rock bottom after 2 draws, that's your fault, not the game. You need to manage your players better than that. I can lose 5 in a row and still have decent/good morale.

Again, you only have 2 examples. That's not nearly a big enough sample size to conclude anything.

By the way, a good tactic is nice to have, but do you have a plan B? Do you change things up when you need a goal? Do you change anything to protect a lead when the opposition is throwing everything at you?

WJ I appreciate your response and your defence of this years game. I think we'll have to agree to disagree. Rock bottom after 2 games were yours words to explain the Norwich result not mine.

Also the example is 4 games not 2 as you keep saying. So the large variation is in 75% of games.

Yep I switch between 3 version of the tactic depending on the circumstances of the game. It took me to 100 pts last season in the league. As I said my frustration is that the variations in my opinion are too extreme in FM14 especially after you load a previous save.

WJ I appreciate your response and your defence of this years game. I think we'll have to agree to disagree. Rock bottom after 2 games were yours words to explain the Norwich result not mine.

Also the example is 4 games not 2 as you keep saying. So the large variation is in 75% of games.

Yep I switch between 3 version of the tactic depending on the circumstances of the game. It took me to 100 pts last season in the league. As I said my frustration is that the variations in my opinion are too extreme in FM14 especially after you load a previous save.
I appreciate you discussing this maturely, even if you do disagree.

It is 2, imo. The Southampton game you can compare in a way, because a lot of outside factors will be the same. Those outside factors will vary quite a bit after that game, so it's not fair to compare them.

Still, it comes down to in-game decisions, I think. Games do vary. A scuffed shot in one game, might find the bottom corner in another game and that will affect the game very much. It's just the way it is.

View attachment 340457

This happens WAY too often. Yes, football is unpredictable. I could accept it if it happened occasionally, but 10+ times per season, regardless of tactic and team, is just straight out bullshit.

i have an annoyance on my manager profile tab it says my preferred formation is 442 yet for 3 years at penarol and 1 year at velez so far i have played various variations of 343 i think i have only played a back 4 about 5 games in all that time and never a 442 so why does it continue to say 442 is my preferred formation? I even set it to 343 when i started my game so it has somehow changed to 442 even tho i have never played that formation, rather annoying but only cosmetic issue

That save your keeper does where the ball goes 90 degrees in the opposite direction of the dive

I honestly feel that there no point in having attributes in the game any more.

You can have players with 20 Fin 20 Comp, but still consistently miss easy chances. This to me makes no sense. Yes, tactics play a very important part in the game. But there's only so far tactics can take you before you hand over control to the players.

With attributes like that, it would indicate that he's a world class finisher. World class finishers in real life are highly clinical and do not consistently miss easy chances (Falcao, Suarez, Ronaldo etc).

Honestly, the game doesn't reflect this at all.

I havent cheated (played matches over and over until I win) in this game in years but FM14 is really pushing me to the limit! Like someone said earlier, this kind of BS happends way too often to have anything to do with "having an element of chance".

View attachment 340182 View attachment 340180 View attachment 340179

Also, I agree with Liam OT complitely. In my opinion, scoring (on easy chances) has nothing to do with tactic. Getting the chances does! Scoring is a personal skill (attribute). If SI wants to keep the games scoring down dont have players with so high finnishing/scoring attributes. Dont screw the player with bad finishing from great players!

EDIT.

This game is ridiculous. I'm not much of an gamer but maybe I should find a game that doesnt regulary F you in the A. This game is like "njah I dont think I let you continue eventhough you passed the level".

View attachment 340168 View attachment 340167

Last edited:
Again this game tests my patience.

Played a big game against Real Madrid, tactics were spot on. Had a hard fought 1 - 0 lead until my midfielder stupidly decides to back pass it right to Isco and then the inevitable 1 - 1. Now I accept that these kind of things happen in real life.

But I what I cannot accept is the failure to recognise their own mistakes. I'm so glad I saved the game before I had a chat with the player (who came out of that match with a 6.1 btw, reflecting the huge error), and he said I was being harsh on him. I mean, come on! I'm being unfair. You ******* cost us the win ffs. The man's got a level-headed personality, he should respond well to Assertive.

This is what I'm starting to do now, save the game before a private chat that might go wrong with no acceptable reason.

I feel the private chat seem is just plain stupid at times and needs a revamp, they need to apply more common sense into that section of the game.

I don't want to see a player coming out the game with 8.6 rating, praising him, and he gets the strop with me lowering his morale to fairly poor. Because we all know how important morale is in this game.

I think I need to take a break from this game, because it's getting my nerves now.

3-2 against Chelsea, and then AI decides to change formation and tactics about 5 times in the space of 6 (in-game) minutes. They say in FM14 you really need to be more reactive than in any other FM. How can you be react when the AI is constantly changing their approach and the changes you make don't happen immediately.

Of course they get another goal before the change I make was even implemented.

I've never seen anything like that in my years playing FM.

Chelsea literally changed from a 4231 Denmark to a 352 to a 3412 to a 442. All of those shapes have different ways of playing and need different ways to combat them. And of course when they change formation, your opposition instructions don't change. So you could have an opposition CAM with Tight Marking. Change of formation, now that player is in the centre with still Tight Marking. This subtle changes can be detrimental to a tactic.

It seems the AI can make instant on the spot changes, but the Human player cannot.

Not to mention the goal was a one on one. Now I know for a FACT that if it was my player in that one on one situation he'd either complete miss the target or loft it into the 'keepers hands.

Game finished as a 3 - 3 but wow.

Last edited:
I think I need to take a break from this game, because it's getting my nerves now.

3-2 against Chelsea, and then AI decides to change formation and tactics about 5 times in the space of 6 (in-game) minutes. They say in FM14 you really need to be more reactive than in any other FM. How can you be react when the AI is constantly changing their approach and the changes you make don't happen immediately.

Of course they get another goal before the change I make was even implemented.

I've never seen anything like that in my years playing FM.

Chelsea literally changed from a 4231 Denmark to a 352 to a 3412 to a 442. All of those shapes have different ways of playing and need different ways to combat them. And of course when they change formation, your opposition instructions don't change. So you could have an opposition CAM with Tight Marking. Change of formation, now that player is in the centre with still Tight Marking. This subtle changes can be detrimental to a tactic.

It seems the AI can make instant on the spot changes, but the Human player cannot.

Not to mention the goal was a one on one. Now I know for a FACT that if it was my player in that one on one situation he'd either complete miss the target or loft it into the 'keepers hands.

Game finished as a 3 - 3 but wow.

Neither of those things are facts. The only indisuptable fact is the the ME is the same for all concerned. Whether you believe that or not is up to you. But its the the indisputable fact that underpins the entire game. It has, and always will, be that way. Which is why there is no artificial difficulty, you can't just rubber band the AI like many games do.

Last edited:
That save your keeper does where the ball goes 90 degrees in the opposite direction of the dive

That's not a frustration since that's actual bug. GKs need a lot of work

Not frustrated at the game, just at myself.

First season in the prem with Watford, I pull off a coup by buying Consigli for £6m. Sold him on a season later after signings Casteels on a free but completely forgot that I was giving him 50% of the next sale and 50% to Atlanta as I thought he would be my keeper for years and i could get him to retire at the club

Playing as Tottenham in the Europa League Plaoff against Thule -- a Swiss side with all but three players being grayed out. How can we be tied at 1 in the 53rd minute? Just checked the starting XI's stats and they're nowhere near our own... FFS.

Playing as Tottenham in the Europa League Plaoff against Thule -- a Swiss side with all but three players being grayed out. How can we be tied at 1 in the 53rd minute? Just checked the starting XI's stats and they're nowhere near our own... FFS.

Funnily enough, Manchester United had a 4-0 loss to another team the other week. Wonder if their sides were comparable...