I remember the days when this forum was classy

stay-classy-ron-burgundy.jpg

im no fm genius by any means but i consider myself to be pretty good and i understand its a new game so u have to find new tactics so yeah im gettin a bit cheesed off the way my teams playing but i will change that, my problem is the shouts never seem to work for me iv got my team playing short passes so i have pass to feet play out of defence etc etc to keep possesion but my players still insist on playing 60-70 yard balls to nobody and iv been a tad unlucky i have to say drew my last 3 iv had about 70 shots scored 6 opposition 6 shots 6 goals my defence is shocking!!!!

I was a pretty decent player in 2012 myself and only with 2013 i realize how little understanding i really have from Football game.

This game does a pretty good job simulating an actual match. You say you like short to feet play but if your players are marked tightly they may not be able to find a player to pass the ball to; have you considered giving them more space by dropping deeper or pushing higher to less crowded areas or Pass to space instead?

If they run out of options they end up trying long shots or if you play deep and counter put balls forward.

Also if you lose balls in midfield that may lead to fast dangerous counter.

You should check your opposition instructions and mark tight too, that will improve defence and the whole team will gain confidence and play better.

Hope i gave you some food for thought. :)

Had a media message that I'm not enjoying the best of starts after beating Dortmund in the CL groups with Ajax.

*only* won 6 out of 10 games, only games I lost were away to Vitesse and Feyenoord. Beat Milan 4-0 at the San Siro, just beat Dortmund, won the Super Cup against PSV, won every home game since I got given 3 away games to start the league.

y u hate me media?!

You're Ajax. Everybody hates you.

This match was rather frustrating:

[video=youtube;33_wnmRhiys]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33_wnmRhiys[/video]

Up 3-0 at half time, said to the lads, well done, but don't get complacent, Chelsea score three in about ten minutes, barely manage to scrape a fourth goal.

People can't always make it to CL games mid-week as people have work, kids, wives, girlfriends etc. Look at Man City's attendance v Ajax last week

Thats a good point, I looked at the 2010/11 season where they reached SF, stats are there to prove your point.

Another frustartion, as Schalke manager, I hired Marc Wilmots as a coach. He is the manager of the Belgium national team. I'm not frustrated, but is that club loyalty taken one step to far? Just because Schalke are a favoured club doesn't mean he would leave his own national team job just to be a coach...

This match was rather frustrating:

Up 3-0 at half time, said to the lads, well done, but don't get complacent, Chelsea score three in about ten minutes, barely manage to scrape a fourth goal.

It can get hard to hold to a lead when the opposition goes attacking or overload.

Quick couple of questions: were the players that score those 3x goals marked? Did you check after half time if the opposition changed tactics and/or made any substitutions? :)

Sweet mother of god... played as Atalanta at home against Siena, had 9(!) clear cut chances, with them having 0 only to end up drawing 1-1 and now the title may go to Juve. Frustrating as ****!

Venky's. Had an awful run with Blackburn, plummeted as low as 15th from top due to injuries to key players, finally got a run going now sitting at 2nd...won't give me more time to rectify mistakes. Now I know how Keane felt :mad:

I was a pretty decent player in 2012 myself and only with 2013 i realize how little understanding i really have from Football game.

This game does a pretty good job simulating an actual match. You say you like short to feet play but if your players are marked tightly they may not be able to find a player to pass the ball to; have you considered giving them more space by dropping deeper or pushing higher to less crowded areas or Pass to space instead?

If they run out of options they end up trying long shots or if you play deep and counter put balls forward.

Also if you lose balls in midfield that may lead to fast dangerous counter.

You should check your opposition instructions and mark tight too, that will improve defence and the whole team will gain confidence and play better.

Hope i gave you some food for thought. :)

ahhhh i didnt pay to much attention to the opposition instructions on fm12 but i didnt need to this 1 is alot more difficult, thanks for the help:D

Stuff like this seems common place, I have plenty of strikers with good stats hitting lame shots and attacking the goal at very narrow angles with 5 people in the box, would provide more info but doing this just before work

BrokeFM.png

Very frustrated...cannot send any youth players to feeder club (Newcastle-Gateshead)! They just refuse!
I understand its a big step down. Beckham dropped to a low division team to gain experience...
Whats the point in feeder teams??
GGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRAAAAAAHHHHHH

Very frustrated...cannot send any youth players to feeder club (Newcastle-Gateshead)! They just refuse!
I understand its a big step down. Beckham dropped to a low division team to gain experience...

Have you tried to ask you Football Director to find a club to take him on loan?

First season quadruple with man utd.
Second season knocked out of champions league....in the group stage...ffffff
Purely unrealistic.
Sooo many unconverted chances, so many errors...

Purely unrealistic.

Really? Chelsea won the Champion's League last season, this season? Struggling to get out of the group. Man City won the Premiership last season, and yes, they're doing well this season, but again, struggling to get out of the group in the Champion's League this season. I know they're playing teams from different leagues in the CL, but still.

Last edited:
Purely unrealistic.

Hmm... What round were United knocked out in last year? That's right, the group stage!

Not to mention the fact that winning the quadruple is massively unrealistic. No idea why you're complaining.

I just suffered 2 really, really, frustrating goals.

1) Ball hits the post. Ball hits keeper. Ball hits the post. Goal. And this happens a lot.

2) Counter-attack. My anchorman, who has clear instructions to stay behind to help by 2 CDs, was in the opposition area after a normal build-up play. Why? Oh, in order to facilitate an incursion through the middle that resulted in a goal for the opposition, that's why.

And don't get me started on the wingers, who have the crossing sliders at maximum, but spend their time dribbling along the goal line or playing short passing with the full back on their side. Ridiculous.

My stellar new keeper gets us out of the gate with a win in the Santa Catarina State tourney. A quarter of the way through the regular season and in the second round of the Brazil Cup he tears his groin, out for the season. His backup is my stalwart from the year before, being kept on through end-of-contract and then retiring. He plays two beautiful games and then goes down for 3-4 weeks. His backup is an under-20 bedwetter. He plays a his tail off and gets hurt in practice, out for a couple months.

Beckham dropped 1 division to the Championship with Preston. You're asking your players to drop down to the non-league, I'd refuse that if i was a player at a Prem side!

My advice, get a better feeder club in a higher division. League 1 or Championship level. Then your players will be much more willing to go

I asked for an affiliate club to help with work permits and the chairman ok'd it in Sept. Its now November and I have heard nothing but cannot re-request.

DOes anyone know how long it takes? Seems longer than previous FMs