It is a very good game, but the keepers cannot save anything, so poor they dive the wrong way for god sake, and players score at unrealistic angles all the time, and the keeper is nowhere near it. Instead of going for the shot at the near post(winger) why not **** it in like a normal realistic player would, god give me strength :mad:. Apart from that i have reall y enjoyed it so far.

Match engine realistic my ***:
-3/4 crosses end with goals,
-Wingers shoot from 89 degrees angles, instead of creating goal occasions (I think they all wanna be the new R. Carlos: Roberto Carlos impossible angle - YouTube ),
-Teamtalks... Si made these players look like neurotics, no matter what you say they get nervous or upset, I won a game with Barcelona as At. Madrid, said passionatly that was a great game. 3 players went depressed...
-Defenders are so unstable it hurts, sometimes they dont even jump to simple headers,
-Sometimes players act like they have never ever played a football game before (even with full tactic awareness), moving on the pitch is buggy, opposite to realistic. Sometimes they even run thru the ball without touching it and allowing enemy to take control,
-Header passes, players act mindlessly in numerous situations, instead of receiving the ball and running to create 1on1 occasion my striker (he had a clear chance) knocked the ball out of play..
-Oddly enough SI increased goals scored by midfielders, thats good, however now they tend to score more than some of our strikers (thats bad),
-Goalkeepers and their mistakes... well just take a look:

[video=youtube;2tNwXRmAuOc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2tNwXRmAuOc[/video]
Owner of this video is Pearlescent, Im only using it as an exemplification of horrendous mistake made by GK.

[video=youtube;EHxGZ1BdIOc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHxGZ1BdIOc[/video]

BOOM headshot. I think Asenjo decided to fall asleep, so Armentores woke him up, luckily I won this game but If it wasnt 3-1 but 0-1 i would be ******. I dont demand perfection from my players, mistakes happen in real football and im fully aware of that. But in my opinion there shouldnt be so many silly mistakes after all these years of experience and weeks of beta tests. I hope that SI fixes it soon, game is playable and not that bad generally but still buggy, mostly ME.

Anyone else getting players running/dribbling with the ball and they run past it and leave it behind ??

is there any way of getting the overview during a match to go to full screen again. i usually just have the commentary at the bottom no highlights ect but the overview is on one half of the screen and match stats ect on the other half (split screen).

Wow, a lot of people having issues at the moment! I have to say, sometimes my players have brainfarts, mainly my defenders getting skinned though. Low anticipation or positioning perhaps? Or poor teamwork? But that is the only main issue I have had.

Playing as Liverpool and Pepe has been solid, only one mistake so far where he came out and got rounded. Also I am having no issues in attack. Stringing together some beautiful moves with end product on a regular basis.

Part of me thinks this game is just more punishing than previous installments. Perhaps squad cohesion is a bigger issue? I signed no one at Liverpool (except academy signings) and have had none of these problems.

Team talks are fantastic too, I don't see how anyone can say that is bugged. I'm a total **** to my team on matchday and a saint every other day of the week and they respond wonderfully, just as in every other FM game. Like I said, maybe it is just less forgiving? Poor squad mentality or a poor choice of words could have bigger impacts?

As said, playing as Liverpool, top of the table, playing beautiful one touch football scoring well work goals, playing a swashbuckling 2-3-2-3 yet have a decent defensive record, signed no one and haven't been kicked out of a comp yet.

Rubbish defending, unlikely results, AI has about as much intelligence as a snail! Anyone else going back to FM12??

Also, the old 4-4-2 with pushed on wingers, doesnt seem to work! WTF!!!

Last edited:
I've already finished 2 seasons with my Galatasaray save. In my first season I easily won the CL and ended 6th in league(Galatasaray is like Porto is in Portugal) Here are my comments:
1-My observation is ME gives too much importance to team reputation/match day morale/team talks. When there is a reputation difference between two clubs but their respective squad strength does not reflect that, the ME favors the less reputable. I have no problem beating Barcelona but Akhisar Belediyespor(18th in the league) kicks the sh*t out of me.
2-IRL it is acceptable that a single team talk does not affect all players the same. However you don't expect 5 of your players to switch off when you tell them that they did a good job beating bayern 3-1 at allianz arena.

seeing loads of stupid formations (eg having 2 at the back) seem to be working better than the standard tactics that are actually used in real life. I like to think from playing from football I know a little about the game but seems to get the best out of the game im having to do things that dont feel right. Anyone else feel the same?

I have a non-engine related frustration, regarding attendances. I'm Schalke, and my league attendances were sell outs week in week out. But for some reason, ALL of my Champions league games including PSG and United (group stage) and even Real Madrid (last 16) were at 50-53k in a ground that holds 61k. Surely thats not right?!

Hi all,

I just made a few purchases on the Football Manager store (which is located at the bottom on the start screen). I then loaded my last game however the purchases haven't yet been added to the game...can someone help withg this please and tell me why it hasn't/how they can be added?!

Thanks in advance.

Playing as Celtic, Everton made a 9m bid for Wanyama and it was accepted automatically because he had a 9m release clause for foreign clubs, so I had to buy another centre midfielder to take his place

You could have just offered him a new contract...

I have a non-engine related frustration, regarding attendances. I'm Schalke, and my league attendances were sell outs week in week out. But for some reason, ALL of my Champions league games including PSG and United (group stage) and even Real Madrid (last 16) were at 50-53k in a ground that holds 61k. Surely thats not right?!

People can't always make it to CL games mid-week as people have work, kids, wives, girlfriends etc. Look at Man City's attendance v Ajax last week

my main issue is not ME related, personally i think the gripes about people having defensive issues is down to tactics and training primarily. My main issue is that my Newcastle team play like barcelona but all they seem to do is want to pass instead of shoot. unless they are 40 yards out then they shoot.

Again this is probably something I've overlooked in training and style of play rather than an ME issue.

so wrong

how frustrating !!!
after a year of honing your tactics, players and training on fm2012 just like every year
you wait for the new game - hoping all those annoying features are fixed....

Instead they get worse!
What have SI done - they must have had a month off when it came to programming the match engine and hired a load of girls!

i have never been so disappointed, it reminds me of the first released sega version of fm ! the day that si sold out!
and where has this mega bucks journey taken us?
to STEAM !!
a children’s web based pile of **** - its like watching the nerds in the office play doom on a server!

I have been playing this game for 12 years - every girlfriend has moaned there *** off at me !
I have battled through and dumped them all.

Looks like they have had their revenge - they got together and created fm2013.
The most unrealistic game si has ever produced !!

stupid pages linked by tenuous links to the only pages of interest - transfers - league status and fixtures!
i love pressing drop down menu after drop down menu to see a player!

i think the ghosts of girlfriends past has finally won - so to all at si – adieu

Cool story bro.

And you chose a computer game over your girlfriends? Seriously? It's not SI who have the problems.....

Atj09 very helpful post there weldone seems when people complain about this game you moan at them or reply in the way that you just did weldone you

Atj09 very helpful post there weldone seems when people complain about this game you moan at them or reply in the way that you just did weldone you

Merely pointing out the fact that you should never value computer games over real life relationships.

Ajt09 is just a *********** SI lover, who dont want to see the real mistakes.

Ill probaly get banned and the messages will be deleted, but care i dont need this forum anymore cuz i want play this shitgame again.