Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
Couldn't agree more. The ME is totally embarrassing, no other way of describing it. I've been playing FM since 2007 and imo FM12 had a very realistic ME. How SI have gone from that to this is beyond me. Just lost 3-2 with Atletico at Levante due to similar bugs/mistakes as you. And those happen almost on a weekly basis. Like many others have already summed up:

- Goalkeeper movement is completely retarded. Diving to a corner on a shot from 20-25 meters like they're trying to save a penalty kick. Doing nothing as an easy, slow long shot just bounces off the bar right in the path of an attacker. Dropping the ball or letting them slip through their fingers also happens way too often.
- Center backs just run along with through balls, without even making an attempt to intercept them. Even if the ball is right at their feet. Full backs don't press at all, they just let the opposite wingers cross the ball until you inevitably concede goals. By switching back to 2D classis I have to say that the CB problem has improved a lot. But we shouldn't have to play this game in 2D obviously.
- The inconsistency is also quite weird. Finished second with Atletico in my first season. Usually score an average of 3 goals at home and have a 10/12 record against Barça and Real in the league, but only have 9 points out of 12 away games in my second season while using the same tactic.

I hope the next patch fixes these and a lot more issues that slip my mind right now. If it doesn't, they should just put the ME from FM12 in this version.

Its nuts this game, in the match engine the AI is pathetic when it comes to defending and also playing the obvious pass. The players tend to overplay way to often. When defending they seem unable to or even decided against making a challenge and let the attacker get the shot away.

How can the AI be so different from fm2011? Its a disaster this game.

Beckham dropped 1 division to the Championship with Preston. You're asking your players to drop down to the non-league, I'd refuse that if i was a player at a Prem side!

My advice, get a better feeder club in a higher division. League 1 or Championship level. Then your players will be much more willing to go

nope..preston were in division 3 in 94-95 season!
guess this game shows how much ferguson knows..

I'm quite unlikely to get promoted this season as Bristol City. That's it. That's my frustration.

I've never not been promoted in my first season with Bristol City on FM. This is such an unusual feeling.

I have just got my copy of the game the first thing i notice is some sort shadow on the gui it makes the whole game look very dull and overlaps the text in most of the boxes....i tried installing a new skin (FMC) the skin worked fine but the shadow persists are there any new settings which need to be changed ..

View attachment 283006

Edit: Got the solution to the problem just switched interface rendering from gpu to software.did the job for me

Last edited:
I'm having problems getting into a new save. When I finally do, i very often spend up to one hour at least on creating a new tactic from scratch. I then proceed to play my off season games, usually doing well, but when the league starts, its a complete joke. Constantly getting outplayed by smaller teams, players not doing what I tell them to do. Like play up from defence, they just hammer it down the pitch.
The one thing that annoys me the must, is playing against a small team, and they all of a sudden turn into Barcelona. Lots of possesion, lots of small triangles and just completely outsmarting my defence

Well I hopped on for a quick burst last night, played 4 and won 4. Then proceeded to not save it. Frustrating. VERY.

I'm having problems getting into a new save. When I finally do, i very often spend up to one hour at least on creating a new tactic from scratch. I then proceed to play my off season games, usually doing well, but when the league starts, its a complete joke. Constantly getting outplayed by smaller teams, players not doing what I tell them to do. Like play up from defence, they just hammer it down the pitch.
The one thing that annoys me the must, is playing against a small team, and they all of a sudden turn into Barcelona. Lots of possesion, lots of small triangles and just completely outsmarting my defence

I have to agree in regards to the weaker teams, i think it's over the top the way the AI compensates for the opposition team/players difference in skill.

What happens is that the AI use aggressive tactics like player swapping to disrupt the marking and the defenders concentration as well as sudden multiple formation changes.

Playing against a much weaker team is very intensive to just keep up with the AI.

lol wat a joke

was really hoping he would have scored.. he completely outpaced Naughton, there was a covering defender coming on the inside, however, he really should have run straight and not to the corner flag...

my main problem is the goalkeeper trying to save a ball that is 30ft away from the goal

was really hoping he would have scored.. he completely outpaced Naughton, there was a covering defender coming on the inside, however, he really should have run straight and not to the corner flag...

ye it happens quiet alot atm hopefully next patch fixes all our problems^^

When you start losing to Swansea City, you get far too involved in the match, and rather than implementing new touchline instructions you end up trying to shout then swear at them through the laptop and go on to lose 2-0 :$

Im managing Newcastle an its been going well so far this season.
Ive got another frustration... kits..weve only played in the Newcastle black n white twice this season! Ok weve only had 5 home games so far but even in the away games, like west ham we play in green! What further frustrates me is the friggin green kit is hangin. I love the blank n white (H)

this is my first defeat in about 25 games in all comps..

View attachment 283022View attachment 283021

Lol my favourite is when Rooney gets played in behind the defence and when 1 on 1 decides a 60yard back pass to evra at LB is better than rolling it past the gk for his 4th goal!
Could be my tactics, but when he's scored a hattrick in the same match I know it isn't my tactics.

Second favourite was RVP 1st goal for the club, pea roller that went wide....goal!!!
It could be my tactical approach but I'm sure I didn't tick the pay linesman and ref box in the player instructions screen??!!
I have ss.

This is gonna make me sound like a right little brown nose, but surely there is a thread for discussion about the good parts of the game? The stuff you're thankful they included?

im currently playing with torino fc from italian seria a. alessio cerci is at my club at a co-ownership deal. so..after the end of the first season...i decided to delay the co-ownership decision so that he stays for one more year...hes staying alright...but the problem is...i planned to bid the remaining 50% share from fiorentina...but every tym i want to bid ..it says i ve to bid for the 50% share of torino...i kno its complicated...but if i do that...they say transfer of cerci from torino to torino is canceld...i mean...wtf...confused..whats wrong...the same thing happened with marco bakic and gianluca sansone...but i cud successfully but the 50% shares of glik, verdi and stevanovic...so..whats the problem..really frustrated...i really need to buy cerci...

I am not entirely sure how it works now but maybe his Runs with ball down left made him do that? Cause I've seen Valencia do similar things on the right. Maybe train him to Move into channels or Runs with ball through center? Anyway very frustrating!

In one game valencia had a option to cross but instead turned around run all the way back down the right flank to the edge of my 18 yard line, run behind my defensive line so past the RB, past my 2 CBs past the left back the ran all the way down the left flank past Ashley young then crossed from the left byline!!!!!!!
Never seen anything like this, didn't know if I should laugh or cry!

Back