Atj09 very helpful post there weldone seems when people complain about this game you moan at them or reply in the way that you just did weldone you

And you want a helpful post? It's well done. And learn to use punctuation.

Once i sent that i knew some smart **** would make a comment like that. Why u so defensive anyway mate get a grip u commented 44mins ago and no1 wrote back so why keep rambling on? Obv looking for attention

Well I'm officially stuck. I've been playing FM for only about 4 years now, but on all the past versions I could win the league or get promoted. I've been sacked from 2 jobs already, (Wolves and Arsenal, both before January), and given up on my other save because it's just impossible. A lot of people moan about the match engine and everyone else moans about people moaning about the ME. I can't think of any other problem than the ME. How, in the space of a few months when I was conquering Europe with Arsenal, have I forgotten how to play football altogether.

I'm putting this game down for a month or two until my crying towel dries out or something changes in game because something is seriously not right. It's a far cry from any past FM game I've ever played.

Once i sent that i knew some smart **** would make a comment like that. Why u so defensive anyway mate get a grip u commented 44mins ago and no1 wrote back so why keep rambling on? Obv looking for attention

Don't cry. I didn't insult you in any way, you're the one getting defensive.

OK, I started with Blackpool and got really frustrated. First season, played some quality football and got to play-offs final, where I had wrongly ruled out goal while the score was 0-0, and then conceded twice from two only shots on target. 2nd season was true rollercoaster of pain, with lot of players injured or suspended whole season long, finished ninth. Invested in training and youth facilieties, but of course chairman couldn't handle it, so he sold club to the fans and we ended up with some financial troubles. However, managed to keep my key players, likes of phillips, quintero and cathart, and in 3rd season was best team in the league by a mile, until 2 months before the end, when i started losing at home against likes of huddersfield and sheff utd on some really frustrating ways, dominating the game and watching most of our chances going begging. then i stopped playing, it doesn't make sense, I'm waiting patch to fix this ME ****.

i have just played 3 prematch friendlies with barcelona - even if i picked the wrong tactics - wrong training - look at these results;

charlton 1 barcelona 0
coventry 1 barcelona 1
huddersfield 1 barcelona 0

now come on - i have tried three start up games - one with leeds (my team) could not win or shoot - conceeded loads
one with tottenham (half a season 16th) - bale played like downing (0goals 0 assists and 3 dribbles) ! and now barcelona.
I know that it takes time to gel, train, build up confidence - all that **** - but come on !
The match engine has completely been fu??@d.

if i see another pointless cruijff turn from a player to side foot a pass to no-one !
do fm think their clever including this !!
after my last rant - i thought maybee it was me, i did something wrong
so barca - i cant get them to string two passes together - messi has had 1 shot in three games from 40 yards !!!

so finally the game can go back in the box , on the shelf next to all the other champ man's and fm's
might as well get theme park out again or railway tycoon out for all the fun id have with fm2013

i have just played 3 prematch friendlies with barcelona - even if i picked the wrong tactics - wrong training - look at these results;

charlton 1 barcelona 0
coventry 1 barcelona 1
huddersfield 1 barcelona 0

now come on - i have tried three start up games - one with leeds (my team) could not win or shoot - conceeded loads
one with tottenham (half a season 16th) - bale played like downing (0goals 0 assists and 3 dribbles) ! and now barcelona.
I know that it takes time to gel, train, build up confidence - all that **** - but come on !
The match engine has completely been fu??@d.

if i see another pointless cruijff turn from a player to side foot a pass to no-one !
do fm think their clever including this !!
after my last rant - i thought maybee it was me, i did something wrong
so barca - i cant get them to string two passes together - messi has had 1 shot in three games from 40 yards !!!

so finally the game can go back in the box , on the shelf next to all the other champ man's and fm's
might as well get theme park out again or railway tycoon out for all the fun id have with fm2013

That's not ME. That's YOU. :D

Hey guys, don't know if anyone's noticed or mentioned this before, but there seem to be a few issues with the match engine on this version of Football Manager. Anyone notice?

So I intend to rant about it, insult anybody that dares to defend the monstrous creation that is FM13, declare that I'm never going to play the game again, only to play it again impatiently, lose a bit more, and repeat my initial rant while announcing that SI are a bunch of unprofessional maniacs who do not understand football. See you soon.

playing as barcelona and not having 97.6% possession 67 CCCs every game winning every game 21-0

As a United Nations Diplomatic Ambassador, I have to say that anyone who have played this game long enough, would have at some point been frustrated with some aspects of it.

Hey guys, don't know if anyone's noticed or mentioned this before, but there seem to be a few issues with the match engine on this version of Football Manager. Anyone notice?

So I intend to rant about it, insult anybody that dares to defend the monstrous creation that is FM13, declare that I'm never going to play the game again, only to play it again impatiently, lose a bit more, and repeat my initial rant while announcing that SI are a bunch of unprofessional maniacs who do not understand football. See you soon.

This thread exists exactly to vent your frustrations, there's different perspectives to any given subject so he's entitled to air his frustration regardless of others who enjoy the game.

playing as barcelona and not having 97.6% possession 67 CCCs every game winning every game 21-0

Usually with FM is a case of percentages; what's the chance of Barcelona playing 3 successive games v Charlton, Coventry and Huddersfield, regardless of the first XI from the main squad, and end up scoring 1 goal and getting 1 draw and 2 defeats in 3 games?
Practically 0%!!

This thread exists exactly to vent your frustrations, there's different perspectives to any given subject so he's entitled to air his frustration regardless of others who enjoy the game.

Of course people are entitled to vent their frustrations. Just don't vent the same frustrations time and again, when clearly, there is nobody here who can do anything to fix the match engine overnight. That's the point I'm trying to make. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but previous "Post your Frustrations" threads were made so people could voice their in-game frustrations. Eg. "Oh ****, all my strikers got injured, and it happened in the same match". Or "I lost a final because of a last-minute own-goal". Not frustrations about the making of the game itself, which nobody can do anything about apart from wait for further updates to the game from SI.

Puyol gets more time in the healing lodge than in the pitch. Not a realism issue, but it's bothersome.

Real Madrid getting like 30 penalties for each season. Again a bright detail of realism.

Teams still ask for absurd transfer fees. 108 euro million plus Xavi for Bale? Sure.

One thing I noticed though: switching 3D mode completely off HELPS. A lot.

when your team counter attack a winger could square it early and onto two free runners but he always runs to the end and crosses it in time for the defence to get back. i play on the counter a lot because i buy fast players, it works but sometimes you just wish they had a bit more sense.

the refs are ***** too. they'll give 'a ticking off' to somebody denying a goalscoring oppurtunity or if theyre the last man high up the field which should still be a red but they'll give yellows for any tackle.

Usually with FM is a case of percentages; what's the chance of Barcelona playing 3 successive games v Charlton, Coventry and Huddersfield, regardless of the first XI from the main squad, and end up scoring 1 goal and getting 1 draw and 2 defeats in 3 games?
Practically 0%!!

practically zero percent, I wo say that at all. the guy has tried 3 saves none worked. his approach to management and tactics is flawed you can't keep blaming the ME when other people are having lots of success. I've won the league with spurs second season only losing two so the ME is not broken. lets instead look at it another way. A new manager takes over barcelona tries to implement a tactic that either doesn't work or takes alot of getting used to because it is different to how they play. they play 3 english teams all three are very confident how they play very fluent. Its only a friendly manager maybe doesn't motivate players pre match, or negleted match preparation or combo of this coupled with not being familiar with a new tactic. plus its only friendlies of there is a distinct possibility that this could happen. people need to realise its not fm12 you can't just buy 11 best players and steamroller everyone, its a totally different animal. people need to stop blaming the ME its not broken there is a couple of flaws but its not unplayable at all.

Maybe rather than coming on here and blaming the ME for everything why not take a step back admit that something in your approach may not be right and ask the other forum members for help.

Last edited:
im no fm genius by any means but i consider myself to be pretty good and i understand its a new game so u have to find new tactics so yeah im gettin a bit cheesed off the way my teams playing but i will change that, my problem is the shouts never seem to work for me iv got my team playing short passes so i have pass to feet play out of defence etc etc to keep possesion but my players still insist on playing 60-70 yard balls to nobody and iv been a tad unlucky i have to say drew my last 3 iv had about 70 shots scored 6 opposition 6 shots 6 goals my defence is shocking!!!!