Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
Playing as Bochum after starting unemployed(First job I got), completely dominated the pre-season, didn't switch up much of the team, only staff. We even beat bayern in pre-season with a 1-0 scrape, now 6 games into the league with 6 points and extremely frustrated with the team, raised their morale a lot with my frustration and hopefully should be bouncing back, HOPEFULLY

I am a bit upset. Have a match and it is decided that my two starting CMF need to get hurt so they are out for the rest of the season with 6 week injuries. I have the FA Cup semi final in 3 days time and their backups are not fully fit. I am forced to start 2 youngsters with a combined 3 premier league games between them. The game starts and they are doing pretty good. But by half time 3 of my players are carted off with injuries. It is in the closing minutes of the match and all is even and then my striker goes down. He stays on the pitch but at 60% fitness. Overtime starts and another one of my starters goes out. So now I am down to 9.5 men with one of them playing horribly out of position. Try to get to penalties and hope for a miracle. And I lose the ******* game to a free kick with seconds on the clock! **** that! Not only did I lose a trip to the FA final, but 6 of my starters are now out for the rest of the season all in the period of 2 matches. I am reloading and I do not care what anyone says. Fix this stupid injury bug SI!

Started a game recently with Real Sociedad. I had the opportunitie to add Benayoun to the team. I refused. Then 4 month later, he scored the first goal of FC Porto in the last game of CL's group stage against me.. But Xabi Prieto's goal allowed us to draw and go further in the CL

Hi all. I recently formatted my hard drive, and re installed steam, downloaded and installed FM13, and am unable to reboot my previous savegame, or my graphics and skins even though that i have preserved and re pasted all the folders with the relevant information. That includes the editor databases, and the save itself. Is what I am attempting impossible or is there a solution?

I find it frustrating, but also at times HILAROUS how i randomly lose like 0-4. Everything just falls apart for 1 game.

9 months ago my goalkeeper comes to me asking for first team football - I grant it but he must play well yada, yada, yada. He has started every game since and yet my assistant comes and says 'he is expecting to start more games and may be force to take things into his own hands...' What the ****? He has played 51 games FFS

Oh yeah, and 18yr old signs for me and one month later, having played no games, he wants an improved deal... hahahaha, yeah good one.

9 months ago my goalkeeper comes to me asking for first team football - I grant it but he must play well yada, yada, yada. He has started every game since and yet my assistant comes and says 'he is expecting to start more games and may be force to take things into his own hands...' What the ****? He has played 51 games FFS

Change his status into the 1st team player and he will shut up :)

Doesn't matter if I've just won the league, or if I'm 16th and underachieving. This happens on EVERY save, with every tactic. This is just too ridiculous for me.

Since this doesnt always happen to everyone else, but happens to you every time apparently, ever considered that its you who who is doing something wrong?

I basically never flake at the end of the season, in fact that's usually my strongest point. Because my set up and approach is geared towards being in peak condition in the last 7 weeks, when it all really matters.

Oh and watch your language before you find yourself with an infraction.

You won the Premier League & and Europa League, lost in final to F.A Cup. I don't see the issue.
Newcastle and Liverpool away are just supposed to roll over? my guess is they where motivated to finish higher in the league?
IMHO if there is a failure it was FM12 with the goal exploits

There is plenty that could be improved in FM, but i'm amazed by the lack of responsibility a lot of players take for their own issues.

What he is going through, is actually pretty avoidable. But rather than stop and think "this happens to be am awful lot, why?" He's raging and missing all the warning signings.

I've posted a fair few complaints but most are just little annoyances and I get over them pretty quickly. However, the one thing that continually ****** me off, and this happens so often irrespective of tactic: every time my players break on the counter they always slow the play down and allow the opposition to get back, always. I'll have three players open in space and no one around my winger (let's say) who has the ball and yet he will never pass; he'll slow down, wait for the defender to get back and then try and put the ball in. I've heard a few others complain about this and it really does kill the sense of realism in the game.

Since this doesnt always happen to everyone else, but happens to you every time apparently, ever considered that its you who who is doing something wrong?

I basically never flake at the end of the season, in fact that's usually my strongest point. Because my set up and approach is geared towards being in peak condition in the last 7 weeks, when it all really matters.

just wondered what you do to get your players in peak condition toward the end?

I've posted a fair few complaints but most are just little annoyances and I get over them pretty quickly. However, the one thing that continually ****** me off, and this happens so often irrespective of tactic: every time my players break on the counter they always slow the play down and allow the opposition to get back, always. I'll have three players open in space and no one around my winger (let's say) who has the ball and yet he will never pass; he'll slow down, wait for the defender to get back and then try and put the ball in. I've heard a few others complain about this and it really does kill the sense of realism in the game.

Yeah I've seen that at times, think ME logic could be improved in that sense actually. It's pretty frustrating. I wouldn't mind if they simply made the wrong decision, that happens, but the actual play of sometimes just be "off"

just wondered what you do to get your players in peak condition toward the end?

The big game players get a lot more rest, They usually wont have played in the League Cup, and don't play the early FA rounds, which can cut 8 games out immediately. They play 60 minutes in the "easier" weekend games after knockout CL games, if at all. I use a lot of squad depth till about mid march. If they are not recovering as well from my training (which is often rigourous) I lower it a bit. Especially if I am running away with the league title, in those games I use them as super impact players, but dont over rest them to the point they lose match fitness, big players also like to start, if you are worried about them being unhappy, starting them and pulling them after 60 minutes is a good way to avoid that.

By big game I mean your key players, plus the first team players who have important games as their strength. These guys thrive on the pressure, so you can be more demanding in terms focus in your team talks.

My frustrations are down to the fact that in the game, I seem to get well too many CCC's, I have 5-6 per game this means that I have to miss loads which is really frustrating when you have a striker one on one with a keeper with 18 finishing and they miss 4 in a game. I would much rather have 1-2 CCC's with a much higher chance of scoring as this makes it a lot more realistic other than having the best player in PL miss every single one on one and they have 2 shots and draw 2-2.

I have a few niggles. I always play Darlington in every incarnation. The niggles are as follows.
1/ Every season without fail, my team has a slump around november/december time and picks up again around jan/feb. And I mean, every season since I started playing the game in 2003.
2/ The crazy injury bug, where I will use 3 subs up and directly after a player is injured. The same goes for if a player gets injured and I sub him with my only midfielder only to have a central midfielder get injured 5 minutes later.
3/ The crazy goals that the opposition score when the game decides that its your day to lose. I know the animations don't always reflect what the engine wants it to, but some are really stupid llke defenders that stop running to gift the ball to the opposition, or when a player picks up a ball then carries on running leaving the ball behind for the opposition to pick up and score. Or the silly mistakes that goalkeepers make where they suddenly seem to have grease on their gloves and can't catch the simplest balls.
Don't get me wrong, I love this game, gut it also exasperates me. Sometimes I think I am playing a puzzle game instead of a simulation....

Sorry, I have one last one. I'm getting a bit tired of my players shooting at goal and hitting the back of one of my own players. Even footballers at the lowest level don't do this numerous times in a match, 2 times in a row sometimes.

Sorry, I have one last one. I'm getting a bit tired of my players shooting at goal and hitting the back of one of my own players. Even footballers at the lowest level don't do this numerous times in a match, 2 times in a row sometimes.

If it shots towards the goal rather than passes, then this is a tactical issue.( the team needing to use more movement late in attacks from deep, using more of the pitch). If its a pass, then its because of poor animation and emulation of the players not being good enough using movement and their anticipation.

As for your other issues above, I won't respond to them in this thread as its a thread to vent frustration, not to be argued against. If you would like some help on those issues though, don't hesitate to open a thread in the Discussion section.

Hmmm, wait there, how do you get a team to use more movement late in an attack to use more pitch, just had a look and cant find an option for that one.... Sorry to bother you :) I am using 4 in defense, 2 wingers, 2 midfielders and 2 strikers. I still cant see why, even if a player is close to another, they should shoot straight at the other one. Should they not use some intelligence and one move away from the other....

Last edited:
Back