Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
Hmmm, wait there, how do you get a team to use more movement late in an attack to use more pitch, just had a look and cant find an option for that one.... Sorry to bother you :)

Use more of the pitch = Use more width and depth
Movement late in attack and from deep = Have more players stretching their defence, some players in advanced positions comding deep, more players from deep positions getting forward more often. In short, more people moving between the lines, letting the ball to the work, moving upfield as a unit.

Now, in some matches, the best approach is to use 2 block of play. One attacking and one sitting deep. But as soon as you face opponents flooding the midfield and the area between their defence and midfield, then you need a more patient build up, not rushing into things.
Now, these are just some suggestions in generall as I don't know how you play but your scenario is common for teams lacking dimensions in their play, playing too narrow where the runs from the advanced players are in vain as they will be standing still being marked when you finally get the ball I to a dangerous position, too many players being in the way in the shot.

Aly Kone told me last Jan he wanted to move, I said stay, he said why, I promised we'd challenge for champions league football, he said ok.

8 months on, we've won the prem, the champs league, the league cup, community shield, and super cup. He turns round and says he wants to leave because I failed in my promise to raise the clubs stature... ha.

I didn't even promise to raise our stature but would it not have been raised by winning 5 trophies??

I wouldn't mind if he said he wanted a new challenge but that is just bull...

edit - oh yeah and he has our club as his only favoured. Come on, why would a player leave his favoured club when they've just won the champs league?

Sick of the injuries in this game! Even a player who has not yet joined has got injured! I signed him in mid-november...he joins on January 1st....gets injured on December 22 and is out for 3 months! If that's not the game being vindictive then I don't know what is!

managing united as per and united get taken over, get about 300m transfer kitty.

only to find out the owner took a loan out and won't be payed back until 2029. im in 2014

I don't know what Sports Interactive were smoking when they came up with this ME because its like they are on ice. I went through a period where my team wasn't conceding any goals. In my opening season, I went something like 16 games without conceding winning every game including beating Swansea 6-0 away, and recently Man City 4-0 at Home. CL I am top of the group with 16 goals scored 1 conceded. Now tell me with all my players in superb form and with my goalkeeper not conceding a goal in 1440 minutes of consecative football, how I can lose to Norwich who are 18th in the table

Strikers never F*cking score!!! Its always either the CBs scoring from corners or your midfielder scoring, my top scorer is my Attacking mid followed my my CB then my CM. I have Destro, Maupay, Podolski, Benteke as my strikers. Destro hasn't even scored a goal for me in 13 apperances, Benteke has 3.... Its so frustrating!!

Another thing that really winds me up in this game, it happened when I brought the game when it came out which made me get my money back, when players will ALWAYS take long shots, no matter what you set his instructions to he will always long shots when he has a player infront of him or players wide of him, one match I had 27 shots 21 from distance. I've had enough of giving this game a chance, I can't believe I even considered it but I'm getting my refund on this. Lost faith in FM now, every year they fail to address the most obvious things and this year the ME makes the game so frustraing.

If FM14 is anything like FM13 I won't buy it, I feel ripped off being charged £20 - £30 for this.

Last edited:
I don't know what Sports Interactive were smoking when they came up with this ME because its like they are on ice. I went through a period where my team wasn't conceding any goals. In my opening season, I went something like 16 games without conceding winning every game including beating Swansea 6-0 away, and recently Man City 4-0 at Home. CL I am top of the group with 16 goals scored 1 conceded. Now tell me with all my players in superb form and with my goalkeeper not conceding a goal in 1440 minutes of consecative football, how I can lose to Norwich who are 18th in the table

Strikers never F*cking score!!! Its always either the CBs scoring from corners or your midfielder scoring, my top scorer is my Attacking mid followed my my CB then my CM. I have Destro, Maupay, Podolski, Benteke as my strikers. Destro hasn't even scored a goal for me in 13 apperances, Benteke has 3.... Its so frustrating!!

Another thing that really winds me up in this game, it happened when I brought the game when it came out which made me get my money back, when players will ALWAYS take long shots, no matter what you set his instructions to he will always long shots when he has a player infront of him or players wide of him, one match I had 27 shots 21 from distance. I've had enough of giving this game a chance, I can't believe I even considered it but I'm getting my refund on this. Lost faith in FM now, every year they fail to address the most obvious things and this year the ME makes the game so frustraing.

If FM14 is anything like FM13 I won't buy it, I feel ripped off being charged £20 - £30 for this.

Now tell me with all my players in superb form and with my goalkeeper not conceding a goal in 1440 minutes of consecative football, how I can lose to Norwich who are 18th in the table

Quite possible, just like real life football. No one expected to City to lose to Cardiff, oh wait.. form is not guarantee of a next victory. You wouldn't just take that off the bat in real life, why do you expect in FM, managers still prepare, and there a can always be an upset

This is entirely tactical, there is no way you can argue this happens to everyone, especially when you look at the way people get their strikers scoring. Post up your approach.

Well the bold just isn't true. If it was it would happen to everyone. But it doesn't. Since the ME is the same for everyone, if its happening to you and not the others, its not the ME.

Long shots were an issue in 13.2, but they were more than sorted in 13.3 if you are still getting then now, you need to rethink how your are creating shots and space, and look at the attributes and PPMs of the players taking them. 21 out of 27 is an immediate indication of your set up having an issue in that instance. Why did you even let it get to 21? If I had got to 6 i would be looking to adjust slightly. Did you attempt to change? Did you look at where your players were passing, could they get behind the defence, did they have 10 men behind the ball? Did they defend very narrow and clog ?

There are issues in the ME, but the ones you mentioned are not any of them.

You cant argue the issue hasn't been address when it quite clearly has.

As for a refund, you wont get one.

Last edited:
sorry guys this may be off topic but i wondered if anybody has a link ect for the 2014 la liga kits ??

Powell, age 19, demanding to move due to not enough first team football. Im sorry Wilshere is a little better than you...

Real Madrid is underachieving badly. They have been through Mourinho, Ancelotti, Emery and now they hired MOYES. Still won't hire me. I have made Dinao Zagreb a MUCH better club. Moyes and Emery haven't done ****. Why is there no ''let's risk it for da biscuit'' option on this game. They always hire the one with better ''Reputation'' Mine is only Continental

Real Madrid is underachieving badly. They have been through Mourinho, Ancelotti, Emery and now they hired MOYES. Still won't hire me. I have made Dinao Zagreb a MUCH better club. Moyes and Emery haven't done ****. Why is there no ''let's risk it for da biscuit'' option on this game. They always hire the one with better ''Reputation'' Mine is only Continental

:D

Why when 'I' the manager 'the head honcho' 'the big cheese' 'the gaffer' & 'el supremo' puts a player on the transfer market am I continually undermined by my coaching staff telling me to remove player X from the transfer list because he still has a roll to play at the club?
NO he does not!! that's why he's on the friggin transfer list.

And can someone please explain this:
The first picture shows us clearing from their corner and my striker bearing down on the cleared ball.
He runs straight past their player and is 100% going to pick up the ball and hopefully help start a counter attack.
View attachment 473386

Hope LOL, now there's a thing....
What he actually does is stop and start jogging backwards letting their player get the ball.
FM13 is more realistic??
View attachment 473385

Last edited:
And can someone please explain this:
The first picture shows us clearing from their corner and my striker bearing down on the cleared ball.
He runs straight past their player and is 100% going to pick up the ball and hopefully help start a counter attack.
View attachment 384046

Hope LOL, now there's a thing....
What he actually does is stop and start jogging backwards letting their player get the ball.
FM13 is more realistic??
View attachment 384047

It could be being 3-0 up and its in the last minutes of the game, he simply does not bother trying to get to the ball before it goes over the line. If he is complecent at that moment along with a lowish stat in Work rate, then he wont put in the effort.

It could also be a combination of this and his anticipation+decision stats. Naturally, as as can only see the pictures and now the speed the ball has, these are just speculations

Naturally this is just speculation

A very tiny annoyance - Messi. I've heard others complain of similar things but I just want the guy to retire. He wins EVERY-THING. Everything? EVERYTHING! It's just getting boring now.

Things I hate - when you're losing by a goal and you hit the crossbar three times and their players make two goal line clearances...

Maybe I'm just getting too old for this game but I'm getting bored and frustrated. I guess I used to like the ease with which you could play the game and get enjoyment. I'd love setting up a nice formation and then watching it ride out good results. This latest version though I find myself having to tweak the tactic with every game and it bores me. I want to set up a good tactic and let it do the work, instead one game it'll work perfect, the next I'll have to radicalize it to get the result and it just feels like too much work.

I fear this will be the end because the game just demands too much of my time now. I wish they'd pull it back a bit but alas, I guess I'll be spending more time on my PS3...

the problem is though that one tactic wouldn't work with every team so it is adding to the realism of the game because you have to adapt your tactics to play different teams
Maybe I'm just getting too old for this game but I'm getting bored and frustrated. I guess I used to like the ease with which you could play the game and get enjoyment. I'd love setting up a nice formation and then watching it ride out good results. This latest version though I find myself having to tweak the tactic with every game and it bores me. I want to set up a good tactic and let it do the work, instead one game it'll work perfect, the next I'll have to radicalize it to get the result and it just feels like too much work.

I fear this will be the end because the game just demands too much of my time now. I wish they'd pull it back a bit but alas, I guess I'll be spending more time on my PS3...

Back