One area of the game I see as pointless is the appeal option over a red card.

I'm playing away at Atalanta in knockouts of champs league, 10 mins in their midfielder plays a ball into our box that their forward latches onto and my defender blocks the midfielders run - doesn't bring him down, literally just blocks him: 'upends him' the commentary says. He gets sent off! Now, there were four of our plays behind him in the box, the player didn't have the ball and the commentary said 'upends.' How the **** is that a red card??

Anyway, every bit of text is saying ooh harsh decision but when it comes to my assistant he says (as he always, always does) it is up to you whether to appeal... What is the point of him saying anything, seriously, when he never offers a view. Not even to say, "yeah the ref got it right." Pointless.

So I appeal and now all the text says 'the officials made the right call.' F off! What a waste of time: it's not like you can make out what happened from watching the ****** 3D anyway so I may as well never appeal. Stupid option.

To add to that last game, we played 80mins away in the champs league at Atalanta and got a 0-0. Now to me that is a **** good result; my defenders all got 8's. However, to the fans it was a disappointment. I swear to g8d the fans on FM13 are just plain stupid. I don't care if you're Bayern playing Gent - if you're away from home with 10 men for the whole game a point is good.

Can anyone explain this - my team is unbeaten in 18 games, won last five in prem. We play Fulham - bottom, haven't won in 20 matches. I set everything up how we usually do, Fulham don't play anything different than blackburn, who we just beat 3-1, yet within 20mins they're 3-0 up having scored 3 from 3 shots and my defence are all on 5's. Suddenly not one of my players can pass a ball, everyone is shooting from 50 yards even though there is plenty of space to run into. Just... Unbelievable.

I guess complacency? But I admit it's a bit weird against such a bad team ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I guess complacency? But I admit it's a bit weird against such a bad team ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Probably right. I do find though that I win most of my games but when things go wrong, they go disastrously wrong. I never lose 1-0 it's always 3-0, 4-0. Remember that game where sol campbell got subbed at halftime and left the ground because he was having 'problems'? It's as if some games my entire back four experience this.

Dont look at the Counter strategy as being cautious and defensive. It's actually possible to play patient possession football within it.If using lots of width, high press, many players moving from deep positions, advanced players stretching the defence an moving between the lines, using a slowish tempo without too many playera running with the ball and making t-balls ( pass to feet, play through defence), then you will stretch their defence and create space in a probing manner. When the counter option is on, the attacks will be more swift.

Use the analyse tool for those games. Where your chances really dangerous ( tight angels, people blocking the shots, lack of movement, shots taken as the last option from our wide )? If the players keeps missing poor chances, they( might) get frustrated /anxious /angry etc and then they are even more likely to miss the next chance..repeat...leading to a vicious circle.

When you see these scenarios, how do you react as a match coach, what changes do you make to your tactic ( let's say in the 25th or 64th minute) ?

Nailed it

The bold: Barcelona.

The best way to look at the mentalities is not defensive vs attacking, but as increasing levels of risky play.

crash dumps...please help me out
They are the worst.
Done and entire off season (including pre-season)
Players in/out, new staff, contracts, youth/talent scouted and signed, board requests...etc etc.
5 hours work and the game crash dumped me.:'(

They are the worst.
Done and entire off season (including pre-season)
Players in/out, new staff, contracts, youth/talent scouted and signed, board requests...etc etc.
5 hours work and the game crash dumped me.:'(

For ****'s sake guys, why don't you use 3 files rolling autosave?! It takes a few seconds to autosave a game, but help a lot with those crashes...

In preferences > overview, there is a section where you can set up your autosaves. You need to check "Use auto saves", then below in "Every" tab, select "Week" and below that, in "Auto save type" select 3 file rolling auto save. Game will then save itself every week in 3 different slots, so if your save get corrupted, you can continue your game from a save week behind corrupted one. I hope you'll understand this, my english is pretty bad...

Anybody see their fullbacks head a ball from 20 yards out for a corner when unchallenged? All the fecking time - 2-0 up, 88 mins gone my fullback does in champs league semi and we concede from the corner - yey.

Oh and injuries - five centre mids out for at least 2 months....

Started a new game with Southampton, in first 6 PL and CarligCup games I got 6 injuries, one for every match. Decided to play 7th match and I got 2 injuries. Never had that kind of problem before, weird :)

I'm a bit frustrated about the staff.. I don't know what the sports chief does or if it's importent to have a reserves manager and U/18 manager..

I'm a bit frustrated about the staff.. I don't know what the sports chief does or if it's importent to have a reserves manager and U/18 manager..
Sports chief?
Reserves and U18's managers can be assigned to other members of staff such as coaches/U18 coaches. If you have the financial resources available for their wages then it's better to have a reserve and U18's team manager as they can be assigned coaching duties.

Oh.. and who is the absolutely best assistant manager in the game?
If your going to ask your *** man for OI instructions in pre-match build up then someone like Francisco Ayestaran would be ideal.

Setting my corners to short and yet seeing my taker never once passing it short to the man 2 yards away and instead plunging into the box on 7 occasions. Is this a bug or what? Why have the option if the player isn't going to follow it?

And another thing, ****** agents!!! Player on £33k wants to go to £97k - no way. I raise his bonuses, raise his agents fee by a couple of mill, but he will only come down by £1k - its ridiculous, there is almost no room to negotiate on this game.

Setting my corners to short and yet seeing my taker never once passing it short to the man 2 yards away and instead plunging into the box on 7 occasions. Is this a bug or what? Why have the option if the player isn't going to follow it?

It's a bug yes.