My 2 starting CBs (Papadopoulos and Zouma) both got injured in 1 minute.
Falcao was sent off in the 1st min of the match.

My 2 starting CBs (Papadopoulos and Zouma) both got injured in 1 minute.
Falcao was sent off in the 1st min of the match.

Sounds like you should've skipped the "go out there an kill them, or yourselves" part of the pre-match pep talk

With Everton. Finished 8, 8, 5, and 5 last season winning league cup. Building a really good team however in all 4 seasons my team has gone on the worst form possible. In all 4 I have been 3rd or 4th come Jan then it all goes wrong - team playing well, good stats but cannot buy a win. I wouldn't mind if I was losing to the big teams - I do well againt thise but I can guarentee if I play the bottom 6 one after the other I will lose 4 and draw 2. Start of 5th season and W1 D4 L1. the game is very inconsistent. These plug and play tactics dont seem to work and I have tried many. I am not too concerned with winning everything, those positions are pretty good it is just the inconsistency. 2nd season I was 3rd and from Jan I won twice in 16 games. CL out the window and failed to get in Europe. Any tips for after christmas?

I was a Rich Villa (At least 170m in balance), I tried to sign Kaka, even with a 2.02m weekly wage bill, I still couldn't force him to lower his wages.

I did sign him on loan though. That'll gimmie another year.

This is the frustration of all frustrations. BVB vs Wolfsburg

Within opening 10min I get a penalty, Robert Lewandoski misses

20 mins later Marco Reus collides and is injured

During the second half Mats Hummels decides to get injured

Lewandoski scores, oh no its offside.

Another penalty And now Gundagon misses

Sahin decides he is angry and gets sent off

Wolfsburg score last minute corner and win.

In the 3rd season mentioned above I won 5 in a row and was 4th going into the last game- champions league spot, goal diff better than Arsenals by quite some distance, level on points. Last game I have Blackburn at home 5th from bottom but safe and had won 1 in 10. Game is a gimme so imagine my heartache when I am 4-0 down in 25 minutes? Arsenal winning 2-0 at half time. Full time Arsenal win and I lose 4-3 and finish 5th. As it happens 4th wasn't enough to get CL anyway but at the time I had to hold it together.

With Everton. Finished 8, 8, 5, and 5 last season winning league cup. Building a really good team however in all 4 seasons my team has gone on the worst form possible. In all 4 I have been 3rd or 4th come Jan then it all goes wrong - team playing well, good stats but cannot buy a win. I wouldn't mind if I was losing to the big teams - I do well againt thise but I can guarentee if I play the bottom 6 one after the other I will lose 4 and draw 2. Start of 5th season and W1 D4 L1. the game is very inconsistent. These plug and play tactics dont seem to work and I have tried many. I am not too concerned with winning everything, those positions are pretty good it is just the inconsistency. 2nd season I was 3rd and from Jan I won twice in 16 games. CL out the window and failed to get in Europe. Any tips for after christmas?

As this is the frustration thread for people to vent, you are not likely to get help ( as its not the point of the thread). Why not start a new thread and provide as much info as possible

Logic from my players: "I'm in a good position, under no pressure, have several unmarked low passing options on within 10/15 yards of me, tactics are set around slow, patient, passing game. Better randomly hoof it out for a goal kick trying to play in a player who is marked and 50 yards away from me!"

Doesn't help that NONE of my players seem to know that they're allowed to play a through ball along the ground. Every through ball they play is a high pass.

Last edited:
Away match. It's 1-1. It's a really hard match. Then they're 10 men. Had to make last sub to not concede and make use of 10 men opponent. But the guy is immediately injured, now it's 10 vs 10. How could I think of good things, right? It's like this for a while. Then at 88, another injury, it's 10 vs 9. Slam to the face! Now 90+2, home side scored from corner. 2-1. Disaster.

In times like these I really think this game is a complete waste of time. I'm already over ridiculous goals, it's the injuries I'm sick of.

Logic from my players: "I'm in a good position, under no pressure, have several unmarked low passing options on within 10/15 yards of me, tactics are set around slow, patient, passing game. Better randomly hoof it out for a goal kick trying to play in a player who is marked and 50 yards away from me!"

Doesn't help that NONE of my players seem to know that they're allowed to play a through ball along the ground. Every through ball they play is a high pass.
IIRC this is a bug.
Since I was told I have started seeing in happen from both teams in equal measure.

IIRC this is a bug.
Since I was told I have started seeing in happen from both teams in equal measure.

You mean that high speed smashed ball, deep from your own half that goes for a goal kick? Yep, thats a bug. But its one that doesnt happen that often, so if it happens very frequently, its a bug that is being exacerbated by a tactical approach.

You mean that high speed smashed ball, deep from your own half that goes for a goal kick? Yep, thats a bug. But its one that doesnt happen that often, so if it happens very frequently, its a bug that is being exacerbated by a tactical approach.

It's not that it's happening often (when I look at the passing stats it isn't) it's WHEN they play it. So annoying for you have to have good build up play, have attackers open for easy passes and then instead we decide to pass backwards for the hoof. Sometimes I get lucky and one of my wingers miraculously wins a header, but not often.

But, seriously, my players seem to be ignoring the low through pass and instead keep going for the high through pass. Anyway I can get them to play it along the ground rather than high?

I've lost all the pleasure I used to derive from FM and just deleted both FM12 and FM13 from my computer. I hope FM14 will be simply different (especially in regards to tactic making).

It's not that it's happening often (when I look at the passing stats it isn't) it's WHEN they play it. So annoying for you have to have good build up play, have attackers open for easy passes and then instead we decide to pass backwards for the hoof. Sometimes I get lucky and one of my wingers miraculously wins a header, but not often.

But, seriously, my players seem to be ignoring the low through pass and instead keep going for the high through pass. Anyway I can get them to play it along the ground rather than high?

Cant do too much about the latter, needs to be more pass choice. Something to look out for in FM14

Cant do too much about the latter, needs to be more pass choice. Something to look out for in FM14

Something i would definitely look forward, I'd prefer to play a short but direct passing game. So i want to be able to press the ball quickly up the field without much backward movement, maybe there's another way to do it (high tempo with short passes maybe?) but i'd like it to be more intuitive.

Something i would definitely look forward, I'd prefer to play a short but direct passing game. So i want to be able to press the ball quickly up the field without much backward movement, maybe there's another way to do it (high tempo with short passes maybe?) but i'd like it to be more intuitive.

yeah you'd want to play heavy press, high line, short passing, fairly high tempo. Going to need some quality players for that.