Not FMs fault, but my laptop has had a massive crash. One of the consequences of this crash, alongside losing lots of my uni work (thankfully saved on memory stick), was the corruption of ALL my FM saved games.

F-ng ****, w*** sh** b*ll*cks. :mad: :'(

Now all that is left of FM13 for me is the copious amount of screenshots and the San Marino save game file I actually put on memory stick.
Tell yourself your not bothered, buy FM14 on the first day of release then tell your naffin laptop about cloud saving, give it the royal two finger salute and then take a big poo on your laptop.

I couldn't have won the PL title with Chelsea! Tottenham's Jair Estrada, who had 63 goals and 15 assists, is the main reason! I wish someone broke his legs!

I cannot believe what has happened. Season 2019, I have fluked my way to the Champions League Final as Rangers, never having made it past the Last 16 previously(got PSG, FC Porto and Spurs en route, Liverpool await). 9 days till the big match and my two Central defenders have been called up to the USA and Canada's Gold Cup Squads and are listed as unavailable despite the first match not being until 9 days after the CL Final. I only have a couple of good, but inexperienced 19 year olds as backup. This would not happen in outside of the game. Is there anyway to withdraw them? I can't find a way.

I cannot believe what has happened. Season 2019, I have fluked my way to the Champions League Final as Rangers, never having made it past the Last 16 previously(got PSG, FC Porto and Spurs en route, Liverpool await). 9 days till the big match and my two Central defenders have been called up to the USA and Canada's Gold Cup Squads and are listed as unavailable despite the first match not being until 9 days after the CL Final. I only have a couple of good, but inexperienced 19 year olds as backup. This would not happen in outside of the game. Is there anyway to withdraw them? I can't find a way.

omg thought it was just me... got to the final of the CL with spurs.. however my star regen striker has been called up to the mexico squad for the gold cup.. the gold FRIGGIN cup. im playin bayern aswell whos team looks scary. what to do guys. is this a glitch.

I'm just getting into my third season with Southampton. In the january window in the second season man city made a deadline day offer of 21,5 mill for Gaston Ramirez, which I duly rejected (or rather demanded 30 mill which City didn't pay). He threw a tantrum, but I managed to calm him down with the usual "be a professional" ****. Then near the end of the season he submitted a transfer request, which I rejected. Then I promised him I would be looking to bring in players to match his ambition. After that he was no longer unhappy, playing well after a short drop of form and so on.

In that season I won the league cup and finished third in the league. Then came the summer. I brought in Toby Alderweireld, Denys Garmash and Victor Valdes (!) on a free and then spent a ludicrous amount of money to buy Erik Lamela, Keisuke Honda and John Obi Mikel. All very good players. "Promise duly kept", one might be tempted to think. Especially when Ramirez eagerly signed a new five-year contract when I offered it.

Then, after the first match of the season (a disappointing 2-2 home draw against Blackburn after dominating them from start to finish) I got a promise reminder from my assistant. Ramirez expects players brought in or he will have to take things further. Excuse me?! I bring in six class players, one of them one of the best GK's in the world and a great signing for almost any club in the world, breaking Soton's transfer record TWICE! Who should I have brought in for him to be happy? G?tze, Neymar and Kompany?

Ridiculous.

motivation.jpg

(The always is just for repeating the always from the first line, the truth is that just more times than to say a few, but far from always)

Work Permits

my best player has a year left on his contract and iv been offering him a new contract which he accepts but he cant get a work permit, wot can i do? help!!!!

(The always is just for repeating the always from the first line, the truth is that just more times than to say a few, but far from always)
I read this but it made my head hurt, I wore sunglasses, took an aspirin and gripped the arms of my chair 'hard', tried to read it again but still it made my head hurt!

I just drew a game 1-1. My problem? The other team had 0 shots on target. And it wasn't an own goal. How the **** did they score?

my best player has a year left on his contract and iv been offering him a new contract which he accepts but he cant get a work permit, wot can i do? help!!!!
Not a lot i have found, sell him before you lose him for nothing, had this happen twice with my Limerick save lost a CM on a free and then sold a Russian DC when it happened before he had chance to leave, there may be a way around it but 12 seasons in with Limerick and i havent found it.

That's annoying. I went through the replays, it turns out that the ball started as a shot off target, and was curving away from goal, it hit one of my players before hitting one of their players and rebounding into the goal.

82nd minute, I make my final substitution.
83rd minute, player gets stretchered off injured.
This happens way to often, and is always minute's after the third sub!

I gotta admit, this is the most scripted football management sim I have ever played - And I've played some shockers.

Dominate teams for possession, shots, CCC's and having a better team still result in 3-2 losses at home to Getafe etc. I don't want to join a huge club, just a fairly big one, like my game now I'm Atletico (Well attempting to be). But it's just a constant streak of getting f****d over by every team I have tried starting a game with. I'm not dense enough to quit after 6 games or after a bad loss, or even a game I get outplayed.. It's the losses I'm presented with against pathetic teams that I dominate. And the amount of penalties and set pieces conceded in this game is a disgrace.

I gotta admit, this is the most scripted football management sim I have ever played
I have to say I agree 100% with that statement.

"You'll be back for FM14" they will say, SI have you in their back pocket.
Not this gamer, 80 quid I spent in two years, and for that I get scripted guff.

Scripting is the only reason I can rationalize why for four games out of five my fullbacks run with the ball, pass and move with the ball, DO SOMETHING WITH THE BALL, and for one game where we do poorly my fullbacks walk with the ball and do sod all with it, even though there is 20 yards of space in front of him.
20 yards of space... walking, 15 yards of space... walking, 10 yards of space... and still he's walking, 5 yards of space... still walking, now with opposition winger is in his face, two things WILL either happen (1) he's tackled and loses the ball without even so much as a side step or (2) he kicks the ball out for a throw-in or worse passes inside to their player. (a pass I might add that is so far from any of my players, utterly unbelievable, its not even a 50/50 pass, its straight to their players feet)
All this when he had 20 yards of space to run into or pass inside or chip the ball forward or cross the opposite flank.
I sub the player and still the same **** happens, its like positions within my tactic are some how compromised without any on screen reasons. IE: players being PUT under presure, they are for some inexplicable reason 'nervous'

Last edited:
I have to say I agree 100% with that statement.

"You'll be back for FM14" they will say, SI have you in their back pocket.
Not this gamer, 80 quid I spent in two years, and for that I get scripted guff.

Scripting is the only reason I can rationalize why for four games out of five my fullbacks run with the ball, pass and move with the ball, DO SOMETHING WITH THE BALL, and for one game where we do poorly my fullbacks walk with the ball and do sod all with it, even though there is 20 yards of space in front of him.
20 yards of space... walking, 15 yards of space... walking, 10 yards of space... and still he's walking, 5 yards of space... still walking, now with opposition winger is in his face, two things WILL either happen (1) he's tackled and loses the ball without even so much as a side step or (2) he kicks the ball out for a throw-in or worse passes inside to their player. (a pass I might add that is so far from any of my players, utterly unbelievable, its not even a 50/50 pass, its straight to their players feet)
All this when he had 20 yards of space to run into or pass inside or chip the ball forward or cross the opposite flank.
I sub the player and still the same **** happens, its like positions within my tactic are some how compromised without any on screen reasons. IE: players being PUT under presure, they are for some inexplicable reason 'nervous'

I've seen that many times, I've also noticed one where my centre back actually lays the ball off to the opposition striker when last man so he can score. (funnily enough it's always at a vital point of the game, 1-1, 0-0, 2-1 etc) and it won't be a defender with low concentration, we're talking about people like Pique etc. so there's no excuse.

Set pieces really need a LOT of work, I'm literally bored of conceding from corners or crossed free kicks. I use the default setup for both and work on set pieces in training yet set pieces are as effective as penalties.

I'm bored of having to 'battle' with this game for success, since release the longest save I've played is 3 seasons.. And that's NOT because I expect to win every match, if I did I'd complain about it.

Been playing my save till the 26/27 season. I have over 750 hours into this. Brought a league 2 team up to the Premier League and have won everything except the Premier League, Community Shield, Champions Cup, and Super Cup. This has to be the year I finally topple Man Utd from the top of the league and World. What happens? My best 6 players report back from the World Cup (Holland won) and are immediately crippled with long term injuries. Like some Man Utd supporter was hiding behind the training room door with a club taking out my team systematically. I would be forced to play 19 and 18 year olds as CB's in front of my reserve GK with no backups. My number 1 striker gone. I was forced to sell my number 1 LB and excellant AMR/ST because of payroll issues previous to this. F U FM! I will have to completely dismantle my team. I have a modest transfer budget and some room in payroll now but nowhere near the 100 million and 3 million payroll Man Utd and Arsenal are going to spend.

I was offered the Chelsea job. So I saved and accepted the Chelsea job just to see what would happen. Have a look at their squad and finances think this has to be a Ponzie Scheme (not sure if you English use this term, sell short to make the long term look good for future investors). Their third ST makes more than the player I just had to sell at my previous club, and there is not even a backup GK. No depth anywhere. I am sure the AI will get this team to the Champions League no problem, but a player will have a very tough road ahead. Not sure which save I will continue or just say the **** with FM for now.

Last edited: