Why does the AI teams not need to have CCC's to score goals i regularly reduce opposition sides to only a few shots no CCC and no half chances yet that does not stop them scoring sometimes upto 3 goals. Yet i can have 20 plus shots 3-6 CCC's and not score at all. I can have World Class strikers miss from 5 yards yet the AI very very rarely misses the rare CCC they get if the AI is one on one 90% of the time it's a goal me it's 10% of the time. I've even gone round keepers to only put it over the bar.

Oh this is only away from home really as well. It seems SI think playing away means you can't score and the home team will score 90% of it's shots no matter where they take them.

Last edited:
Why does the AI teams not need to have CCC's to score goals i regularly reduce opposition sides to only a few shots no CCC and no half chances yet that does not stop them scoring sometimes upto 3 goals. Yet i can have 20 plus shots 3-6 CCC's and not score at all. I can have World Class strikers miss from 5 yards yet the AI very very rarely misses the rare CCC they get if the AI is one on one 90% of the time it's a goal me it's 10% of the time. I've even gone round keepers to only put it over the bar.

Oh this is only away from home really as well. It seems SI think playing away means you can't score and the home team will score 90% of it's shots no matter where they take them.

You do realise that's not how the Match Engine works right? The ME cant tell the difference between user and AI inputs. If the AI can do it, so can you. In fact it was proven during FM12 that human players are better at creating better conversion ratios than the AI.

not 5 minutes ago, I came fourth with Torquay Utd in my first season, one point away from third (automatic promotion). The team who came third (Rotheram Utd) i beat 2-0 last game of the season. I lost 3-0 in the play-offs finals to Wycombe, two of their goals were penalties. God It's going to be some time before i'm gonna play FM13 again, great game... but this frustration is all too much for me :D

Playing against Tottenham in the 4th round of the FA Cup with AFC Wimbledon.. Massive underdogs obviously and Spurs take the lead after 2 minutes. I keep playing on the counter not to leave myself vulnerable for a massibe beating already in the first half and just after half time we score 2 goals! Absolutely amazing and we are looking at a massive upset. Then Spurs score 2 goals in the last 5 minutes of the game, having my fullback go from a 8.0 rating to a 5.7 :'( gutted!!

My main frustration at this moment is that i cant play this game online!
Or i cant choose my team or the game gets blocked after passing 2 or 3 days in the calendar.
Ridiculous!
Anyone knows why???
I played FM since i can remember and it never happened before!

Kind of frustrated with the game at the moment, have not passed the first few games of the season in my first save yet. I just do not enjoy watching the football with any tactic I create :/

Kind of frustrated with the game at the moment, have not passed the first few games of the season in my first save yet. I just do not enjoy watching the football with any tactic I create :/

hey Shiraz, sorry to hear that mate..

what seems to be the problem? what approach are you using?

Where do I start....Went Notts Forest, signed some decent players, have Billy Sharp and Simon *** up front but im getting beat 4-0 4-1 against **** teams even tho I beat good teams 3-0 4-0 etc! Tactics are all Fluid and suit the best players at my club also! I ended up getting sacked then took over at Fulham who have a fairly good team with Berba up front but same thing again...even played defensive against the poorer teams but end up getting spanked! too Un-realistic and don't get me started on the match engine!

took charge of walsall at start of game, first season was doing really well, looking on course for a play off place,(good considering my goal was to stay up) anyway i went on a run of form that didnt see me win in 17 games and i just about stayed up by 3 points.

anyway the season after i have a massive clear out, get 4/5 good players on a free and 2/3 very good loan signings. have a good season and get a play off place. only to come up against my bogey team burnley, who had convincingly beat me in every game i played against them. i won the the first leg at home 2-1, thought my luck might be about to change, but i got beat 3-1 in the return leg with them scoring in the 94th min to make it 4-3 to burnley on aggregate.

on to the next season 3 days before the transfer window opened i get a message from the chairmam saying we are undergoing a take over bid and that the club is under a transfer embargo. this goes on untill a week after the deadline passed when the deal fell through. wasnt able to replace my loan signings or bringing anyone new in. by nov/dec time im sitting mid table, the takeover then gets completed and i mange to strengthen in jan. again get into the play offs,this time come up against peterborough who had been top for much of the season but form had been terrible and they dropped to 4th. won the first leg away from home 3-1. only to get beat 7-2 at home.(blame myself for that one i got my tactics all wrong)

Its has been the most frustrating save ive ever done, but in some ways it makes it all the more enjoyable.hopefully i will get promoted this year and make it all worth while, will feel like i have actually achieved something.

This is the set up I tried:

Balanced
Control

Shorter Passing
More Pressing
Zonal Marking
Drill Crosses
More Roaming

----------GK-D---------
FB-S--CD-D-CD-D--FB-S
------DLP-S-BWM-D----
IF-A------AM-A-----IF-A
----------Treq-A---------

I think that the above set up should produce some good attacking football with the ST dropping deep and creating space for the IF's and the AM. I probably need to take some time out and watch a couple of full matches to see where the system is breaking down but I continuously lose against teams hitting me on the counter and getting a goal from their 2-3 shots. Maybe the D-Line is too high or should I try a SK?

I just do not enjoy watching matches where I play with the above set up. I do not mind losing but enjoying the game and playing aesthetically pleasing football is paramount.

Last edited:
My main frustration at this moment is that i cant play this game online!
Or i cant choose my team or the game gets blocked after passing 2 or 3 days in the calendar.
Ridiculous!
Anyone knows why???
I played FM since i can remember and it never happened before!

You have got it on Steam haven't you?

Maybe verify the game cache through there because it may be missing a few files from the update

This is the set up I tried:

----------GK-D---------
FB-S--CD-D-CD-D--FB-S
------DLP-S-BWM-D----
IF-A------AM-A-----IF-A
----------Treq-A---------

----------GK-D---------
FB-S--CD-D-CD-D--FB-S
---------BWM-D---------
------DLP-S--CM-A------
AP-A-----------------IF-A
----------Poacher---------

I prefer this way, BWM (or an Anchor Man) helps against counter attacking teams and having a poacher also usually keeps the striker further up the pitch. Check your individual instructions as well because some player instructions default to random things (one lad had RVP and Fletcher swapping positions randomly and it was in their individual instructions)

Also if you are using two IF's I always have them set to swap position as they become harder to man mark and providing one if not both are competent on both flanks then then you should start getting some change out of the opposition full backs.

I'm sure Raikan will have a better solution than me though :'(

P.S who are you managing?

can sum1 help?my coaches keep sayin certain players need to improve on tactical role,any1 know what that is and where in training is that?

I'm Sociedad, I have 7 mil left in my transfer budget, but for some reason the board will not let me offer more than 12k per week to anyone! even if i choose key player. can't sign anyone that way.

not sure I dig the changes on the transfer/wage thing, i hate not being able to change the balance while i have a transfer offer pending. on fm12 i used to offer contracts to 4-5 players at the same time and choose at the last min, can't do it anymore.

Promoted to Liga Adelante and the chairman decides to upgrade the stadium in 6000 seats. What happens? I get a 7 million debt... ruined the save for me...

uh huh

View attachment 285951

Tackling was set to normal originally, switched to easy after the first few cards but still...
And the aggression of each player is around 10 except for Gleisson who has 16.

MADAFAKIN GOALKEEPERS! Ok, 30 year old GK experienced through the Europe etc. - player crosses the ball from side, nobody is in the box and GK just looks on the ball and leaves it falling right into the net. "Ok," I said "you are !"@#king noob" so I for the rest of the season I played my 22yo. GK with attributes of similar quality (pretty good in my league). He did well. Next season - 22yo. GK - the same goal TWICE in one game - long random cross and he can't handle it! "Ok," I said "you are young freak, you will have one more chance" 3 matches later he screws it AGAIN in 87th minute and I lost 2:3

please tell me it was just a nightmare dream...