If it's so horrible, why don't you write an email to SI and demand your money back? You can explain to them how it makes your **** flaccid or whatever you were trying to point out, I'm sure they'll be very understanding. After you've gotten your money back, you can continue playing FM12, which according to yourself is a better game.

Oooh, look at you Mr Keyboard warrior, fact is matey boy is that I have played every Champ manager and FM since the amiga version, this version is the first one I have ever came on a forum like this to complain about. I could play FIFA and would do very well on it as always. I could play many other games, although, there will be one that I cannot play as I spent the money on this.

As for me not convinving you I could make better than SI have done, well, I'm not trying to. Point out any instance where I state my grand ability in making games? Use the quote function available on this forum to show that bit.

Also, I am quite free to use whatever metaphors or descriptive terms I wish providing they do not cross an legal boundry. If I wish to use words that you consider childish then that is my right to do so. Your opinion of my dialect, colloquialisms etc is irrelevant. Certainly you seem incapable of picking up any form of inclination in the text suggesting your own rather narrow form of textaul analysis and an inability to consider anything as being more than an obtuse level of primary significance.

To your question regarding better football simulation games than FM13, may I suggest FM12, perhaps FM11. Some of the finer detail is missing but the players didn't commit the massive howlers currently found in FM13.

Now, this thread is about frustrations with the game so please, try and stay on topic rather than critique other people's use of language.

Ps there are probably some typos dotted around here and there, feel free to pick up on them and demonstratte you pseudo-intellectual brilliance some more Dawson.

At the end of the day, if you play the game properly you will win. The game is not against you. The algorithms that decide the outcome of everything to do with FM is likely to have decided that you will concede said goal, the only problem is that the game cannot translate that into a genuine footballing mistake.. Instead it decides your defender will do a 360 and punt in an own-goal or it makes your goalkeeper rush out and then stand still on the edge of the area while the opponents slot in a late winner.. This happens to everyone and it's frustrating, but would it be any easier to take if you conceded a genuine goal and had nothing to blame it on other than your poor defensive organisation? Maybe a little.. But at least it's funny watching the absolutely abysmal animations that lead to some quite amusing moments (if you stop taking yourself/ a game so seriously).

So yeah, I hope you see the point I'm trying to make and next time you concede a **** goal stop assuming the game hates you and sort your ******* tactics out. :)

Oooh, look at you Mr Keyboard warrior, fact is matey boy is that I have played every Champ manager and FM since the amiga version, this version is the first one I have ever came on a forum like this to complain about. I could play FIFA and would do very well on it as always. I could play many other games, although, there will be one that I cannot play as I spent the money on this.

As for me not convinving you I could make better than SI have done, well, I'm not trying to. Point out any instance where I state my grand ability in making games? Use the quote function available on this forum to show that bit.

Also, I am quite free to use whatever metaphors or descriptive terms I wish providing they do not cross an legal boundry. If I wish to use words that you consider childish then that is my right to do so. Your opinion of my dialect, colloquialisms etc is irrelevant. Certainly you seem incapable of picking up any form of inclination in the text suggesting your own rather narrow form of textaul analysis and an inability to consider anything as being more than an obtuse level of primary significance.

To your question regarding better football simulation games than FM13, may I suggest FM12, perhaps FM11. Some of the finer detail is missing but the players didn't commit the massive howlers currently found in FM13.

Now, this thread is about frustrations with the game so please, try and stay on topic rather than critique other people's use of language.

Ps there are probably some typos dotted around here and there, feel free to pick up on them and demonstratte you pseudo-intellectual brilliance some more Dawson.

I too have played every version but your inability to constructively critique the game leads me to believe you are nothing more than a bitter man trolling around as you have probably had a day off work; and it would appear I was wrong in my previous comment wherein I alluded to the fact you must have other things to do during the day which don't include FM.

It's a new ME from FM 12, and if as you 'claim' have played every version since the Amiga version you will be well aware that the ME required patches to fix bugs within the previous version. I don't recall in modern times when a game has been released glitch free, it is impossible because the problems only come to light when the games is used by the audience. Beta testing is all good and well but it will never compare to an actual buying audience.

The point is fella, the game is not perfect. No one is saying that it is however, the point is that your comments are pointless, childish drivel and if that's where you get off then fine, but for the sake of the people who use the forum constructively and as a learning tool, go do it somewhere else. I'm sure you're capable of finding a kitten video on youtube to berate or 'thumbs down'

david luiz's long throw. WTF? he has an average length throw. i wouldn't care if it was azpilicueta, but luiz never takes throw ins

The point is fella, the game is not perfect. No one is saying that it is however, the point is that your comments are pointless, childish drivel and if that's where you get off then fine, but for the sake of the people who use the forum constructively and as a learning tool, go do it somewhere else. I'm sure you're capable of finding a kitten video on youtube to berate or 'thumbs down'

What I like here is that there are many other posts on this thread that have nothing constructive as you deem it in them. You do seem to just pick up on mine though, you seem engrossed by my flaccid **** metaphor. Maybe you read that I use Sunderland as my team and perhaps the Toon in Ben_Toon is a reference to you being a mag fan, so you thought you'd come on here and troll me. You accuse me of trolling but its a game I'm criticising, the game doesn't have feelings at all so the only troll is you, picking out my posts and disregarding all other non constructive posts. You are trolling, not me. Now as this thread is for frustrations with the game and not me I suggest you simply do one because the cut of your jib is incredibly tiresome and now meandering on the pathetic. You have zero craich mate. You have no humour and no ability to pick it out from a statement, maybe your humour is impotent due to the pc brigade or something. Oh no, waaah, he said spacker and flaccid ****, waaah. I can only define it in one way and without any inclination, either be it droll, sarcastic or any other type of humour. He wrote it therefore it must be based in whatever inclination I the reader believe. Grow up.

At the end of the day, if you play the game properly you will win. The game is not against you. The algorithms that decide the outcome of everything to do with FM is likely to have decided that you will concede said goal, the only problem is that the game cannot translate that into a genuine footballing mistake.. Instead it decides your defender will do a 360 and punt in an own-goal or it makes your goalkeeper rush out and then stand still on the edge of the area while the opponents slot in a late winner.. This happens to everyone and it's frustrating, but would it be any easier to take if you conceded a genuine goal and had nothing to blame it on other than your poor defensive organisation? Maybe a little.. But at least it's funny watching the absolutely abysmal animations that lead to some quite amusing moments (if you stop taking yourself/ a game so seriously).

So yeah, I hope you see the point I'm trying to make and next time you concede a **** goal stop assuming the game hates you and sort your ******* tactics out. :)

Did I say the game hates me? No so well done on the misquote, ultimately though the animation flaws, speicifcally 3 players running alongside a ball carrier and refusing to tackle hardly makes it easy to pick out the actual culprit. Oh look, the defender done a 360 round the strker and the keeper was nowhere so based upon the animation it must be...

Yes is the reply to your question regarding it being better to conceed a genuine goal, it is the obvious reply. Daft question to even ask really.

On another note I especially like you criticising my use of flaccid **** but later on yourself using "*******." That takes a real level of hypocrisy that even politicians can only aspire to.

Did I say the game hates me? No so well done on the misquote, ultimately though the animation flaws, speicifcally 3 players running alongside a ball carrier and refusing to tackle hardly makes it easy to pick out the actual culprit. Oh look, the defender done a 360 round the strker and the keeper was nowhere so based upon the animation it must be...

Yes is the reply to your question regarding it being better to conceed a genuine goal, it is the obvious reply. Daft question to even ask really.

On another note I especially like you criticising my use of flaccid **** but later on yourself using "*******." That takes a real level of hypocrisy that even politicians can only aspire to.

I wasn't quoting you at all, you just come across as the "OMG THERES A BUG! THE GAME IS AGAINST ME!" kind of person. Maybe I'm wrong, but the way you are behaving says I am right. Anyway, I'm sure that bug is annoying, but like I said, the ME finds it difficult to interpret things, this is mainly down to the fact that is has been re-built over the past 2 (I think) years, so it's nowhere near perfect. I know, FM has to be patched quite often but at least they do fix the bugs when they come up (as soon as they come up), and at least they put every effort into improving every aspect of the game despite the fact SI is a small operation. Not making excuses, just saying it how it is.. If the biggest complaint you can have about a game is that it is occasionally buggy then I would say that SI have done a pretty good job.

It's not a daft question at all.. I was referring to freak goals, the bug you are talking about in this post makes no sense to me, probably something you ask about on SI forums so they can sort it out.

And finally, I am not a hypocrite, I did not once refer to you using a "flaccid ****" as a metaphor because I really do not care.. Why would I? I was merely trying to help you, so please stop being so defensive, it's not a nice quality in a person.

Hmmmm looks like I'm in the wrong place, thought this was a place where you can be angry and over the top ****** off and moan about the game... my bad...

occasionally buggy

Its buggy every match, every half of every match, may not always result in a goal but to say occasionally is far from true.

I was merely trying to help you, so please stop being so defensive, it's not a nice quality in a person.

yes, it read like a helpful post with all the ******* and stop taking yourself so seriously...derp derp derp.

Its buggy every match, every half of every match, may not always result in a goal but to say occasionally is far from true.

yes, it read like a helpful post with all the ******* and stop taking yourself so seriously...derp derp derp.

Meh, I don't see that many bugs when I play.. Just sayin'.

And, okay, like I said, I really don't care.. Feel free to complain about the game, just stop arguing with everyone and if you have bug problems report them on the SI forum.

Hmmmm looks like I'm in the wrong place, thought this was a place where you can be angry and over the top ****** off and moan about the game... my bad...

Of course it is.. But when people starting trolling and arguing over nothing it becomes stupid. Also, this thread is less about bug frustrations and more about frustrations from within your save.. Bug problems should be reported to SI and TBH the rest of us are sick of hearing about them.

Last edited:
I love how in between the bickering and arguing someone just randomly griped about David Luiz and his overly exaggerated throwing ability.

Meh, I don't see that many bugs when I play.. Just sayin'.

And, okay, like I said, I really don't care.. Feel free to complain about the game, just stop arguing with everyone and if you have bug problems report them on the SI forum.

Of course it is.. But when people starting trolling and arguing over nothing it becomes stupid. Also, this thread is less about bug frustrations and more about frustrations from within your save.. Bug problems should be reported to SI and TBH the rest of us are sick of hearing about them.

If people are ****** off then they shouldn't come into the 'post your frustrations' thread. Secondly, I dismiss what you said about this thread is about frustrations from within our save and not about bugs... I've seen people post about bug frustrations and mods have linked this thread and said post in there. Anyways i'll continue moaning about stupid things that annoy/frustrate me, including ridiculous bugs!

im liverpool and was dominating wigan ( was 0-0 but wigan had about 35% possession at the time and i had hit the bar 3 times) started the second half the same way then on the 52 min they score from a 35 yard free kick the ronaldo would be happy about and thats it, no more clips until they show the final whistle, i put on all my attackers, go overload, have 1 defender and the rest AM or strikers for 20 mins of the game and nothing, not even a attack from wigan.

Had it loads of times against the smaller teams its really annoying i know you cant win every game but its really obvious sometimes that they just make you lose through a stupid mistake and thats it done.

Thats what you get when you mix 'Realistic' Match Engine and some luck:

View attachment 286255

To be precise:
-3 injuries (1 major, 2 minor)
-2 red cards (!!!)
-8 yellow cards

Im glad it happened in one of the most important games in the whole season... I admire this kind of 'realism'

Im glad it happened in one of the most important games in the whole season... I admire this kind of 'realism'

'realism' of a fierce derby?

How many times do Real and Barca when Real end up with loads of cards?

If it wasn't a derby game i'd be inclined to agree but away at madrid it's still a good result and not overly outrageous don't you think?

what the hells wrong with giroud

dude gets injured for months at a time in every arsenal save i've started and i've started many.

This is the set up I tried:

Balanced
Control

Shorter Passing
More Pressing
Zonal Marking
Drill Crosses
More Roaming

----------GK-D---------
FB-S--CD-D-CD-D--FB-S
------DLP-S-BWM-D----
IF-A------AM-A-----IF-A
----------Treq-A---------

I think that the above set up should produce some good attacking football with the ST dropping deep and creating space for the IF's and the AM. I probably need to take some time out and watch a couple of full matches to see where the system is breaking down but I continuously lose against teams hitting me on the counter and getting a goal from their 2-3 shots. Maybe the D-Line is too high or should I try a SK?

I just do not enjoy watching matches where I play with the above set up. I do not mind losing but enjoying the game and playing aesthetically pleasing football is paramount.

Shiraz, dont post in here if you are looking for help, please create a thread based on this http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2013-discussion/108429-help-threads.html so we can try and get you enjoying the game again. This thread is more of a rant thread, you seem to be looking for more constructive help. Having said that, ive immediately spotted a few issues with your set up, so try and create one as soon as you can mate.

Great 2nd season with Southampton to finish 4th in the league. Who do I get in my Champions League play-off game? AC Milan...

Its annoying that the opposite team only needs 2 chances to score 2 goals,
while you sit on the game with most chances and most possession..

I really dont get it why my team needs to create more than 10 chances to score a single goal!
Also annoying that i start with being behind 1 or 2-0 before there has been played like 10 mins...........

if this happend every so often then yes its understandable but its every game they create 1 chance n they score yet my spurs team are creating chances game after game and cant score for ****