MADAFAKIN GOALKEEPERS! Ok, 30 year old GK experienced through the Europe etc. - player crosses the ball from side, nobody is in the box and GK just looks on the ball and leaves it falling right into the net. "Ok," I said "you are !"@#king noob" so I for the rest of the season I played my 22yo. GK with attributes of similar quality (pretty good in my league). He did well. Next season - 22yo. GK - the same goal TWICE in one game - long random cross and he can't handle it! "Ok," I said "you are young freak, you will have one more chance" 3 matches later he screws it AGAIN in 87th minute and I lost 2:3

please tell me it was just a nightmare dream...

Haven't experienced 2 in 1 game, but I have seen my keeper (ter Stegen) let John Terry score from deep within his own half - with a clearance. They still have alot of work to do on the keepers. Sometimes the positioning is stupid, the reactions don't make sense, and when rushing out the strikers often run straight through the keeper. I thought the physics engine would prevent that, but it happens quite regularly. Of course, my team takes advantage of it more often than the opposition, but still.

The game is poorly thought out, badly tested and a complete abuse of loyal customers of the franchise. Quite frankly its a disgrace and SI taking money for it is morally repugnant. The recent patch has failed to deliver on hardly any of its promises. Defenders still jog on the spot, still turn back on ball, still refuse to clear the ball, still fail to header the ball when clear favourites, goal keeper still beaten at near post far too often.

My personal favourite is of course the one where a plyer has the ball at his feet, he then shields the ball, does nothing else with it until tackled which leads to a break away goal for the opposition. I love that. For all the good he done he may as well have shoved the ball up his ****.

Unless of course you are a self appointed expert that picks Man Utd then posts "awesome Tac." It isn't awesome at all really. I tried Man Utd using deault 442 tac supplied by the game an won every match until I got fed up of playing with a team I have no affinity for.

Last edited:
The game is poorly thought out, badly tested and a complete abuse of loyal customers of the franchise. Quite frankly its a disgrace and SI taking money for it is morally repugnant. The recent patch has failed to deliver on hardly any of its promises. Defenders still jog on the spot, still turn back on ball, still refuse to clear the ball, still fail to header the ball when clear favourites, goal keeper still beaten at near post far too often.

Unless of course you are a self appointed expert that picks Man Utd then posts "awesome Tac." It isn't awesome at all really. I tried Man Utd using deault 442 tac supplied by the game an won every match until I got fed up of playing with a team I have no affinity for.

1) I have been very civil to you little buddy..
2) that is the name of the tactic I have released for the past couple of years.. in no means is it awesome! I do not appreciate sly, backhanded digs when all I do is try and assist people in enjoying their Fm experience

I suggest you watch what you say to avoid being banned :) its a friendly warning mate.

i have noticed this years game i seem to get alot of own goals or keeper being absolutely useless.. poor positioning or no attempt to stop the shot (from the 3d highlights)... it could be that the game cant show it correctly but it seems to happen way to often in my games and it always seems to be against me and never in my favour... it could be that my keeper has a really poor first touch.

Im new to FM, but will the game get more ME patches? because theres things the players do thats just retardad 0o...
They have so much trouble controlling the ball, and a lot of times the forget the ball ou let it go trought, which of course leads to a goal. A LOT of throw-ins are directlely made to the opposition strikers, wich leads to a goal. The ball looks like its made with butter? ^^ When any players loses the ball they just dont go after it, well, rarely they do...Oh the keeper...dont need to say much about this one, clearing the balls to the middle of the fied is the most annoying thing.

Besides all that is a nice game, but that ME needs A LOT of work still...Thx, sorry for my english

My main problem in the ME is my strikers nodding the ball on when there is nobody there to play it too.... looks ridiculous

I really like how the ME causes me to make spacker noises at my players.

Gets on my **** when the opposition wingers cross the ball and my defenders just stand there and watch as the ball gets floated in and the striker taps it in. Just now I had 3 players in a triangle around the striker on the edge of the 6 yard box... yet the ball gets to him with ease as he taps it in... getting beyond a joke now.

Gets on my **** when the opposition wingers cross the ball and my defenders just stand there and watch as the ball gets floated in and the striker taps it in. Just now I had 3 players in a triangle around the striker on the edge of the 6 yard box... yet the ball gets to him with ease as he taps it in... getting beyond a joke now.

Its even better when 3 or 4 players run along next to the winger but don't tackle him.

Another bad thing about the game is how I paid money for it, money I earned working, I love how SI think they have a right to sell this untested pile of rubbish. Repugnant spivs, probably don't pay tax either.

Not forgetting the players having the "delicate touch of a great white shark" and the turning circle of a tank.

I really like how the ME causes me to make spacker noises at my players.

Its even better when 3 or 4 players run along next to the winger but don't tackle him.

Another bad thing about the game is how I paid money for it, money I earned working, I love how SI think they have a right to sell this untested pile of rubbish. Repugnant spivs, probably don't pay tax either.

Not forgetting the players having the "delicate touch of a great white shark" and the turning circle of a tank.

Why don't you go play COD or something, it seems more on your level

Another scenario. Cross comes in, my DC was marking the ST (for once), as the ball comes in, my DC runs in a circle to the other side, giving the ST a tap in. Hmph.

I like it when a player shields the ball but is as strong as flacid ****, gets tackled with ease and a goal is conceeded.

Another scenario. Cross comes in, my DC was marking the ST (for once), as the ball comes in, my DC runs in a circle to the other side, giving the ST a tap in. Hmph.

I like that to, very amusing. Nowhere in the world is there a level of football so bad that this even happens.

Why don't you go play COD or something, it seems more on your level

You means something that requires good reactions and good hand/eye co-ordination? Thank you. You are right of course, I should stop playing FM, after all, what right do I, a paying customer have to expect a football game to in any way represent football at a competent level? ****** ****, the sheer audacity of me.
If that wasn't bad enough I then have the nerve to vent my frustration about it on a thread designed for the single purpose of stating frustrations about it. I clearly do not know what side my bread is buttered, well thank god you are here to put me right.

Last edited:
You means something that requires good reactions and good hand/eye co-ordination? Thank you. You are right of course, I should stop playing FM, after all, what right do I, a paying customer have to expect a football game to in any way represent football at a competent level? ****** ****, the sheer audacity of me.
If that wasn't bad enough I then have the nerve to vent my frustration about it on a thread designed for the single purpose of stating frustrations about it. I clearly do not know what side my bread is buttered, well thank god you are here to put me right.

Clearly your constructive criticism is certainly helping, it's here to vent your frustrations not post your childish playground ramblings 'flacid ****', 'spacker noises' (I'm not convinced any age group is childish enough to still say such dross) etc. If you can't beat the game then why don't you give up? I mean everybody else that plays or encounters the odd bug still plays and change their tactics to counter said bugs all whilst still enjoying the game. If you're not up to it then don't worry about it, I'm sure you have plenty of things to do with your day that don't involve FM, maybe you could play FIFA and then you can even play the matches yourself after you picked the team. Or is that too much for you, you know, knowing that there wouldn't be anybody else to blame when you lost?

Oh and as the paying customer you do have the right to expect a football game to represent football at a competent level, so if you can find any other game that achieves this to the level FM 13 already does then please do share with everyone, I'm sure we'll be waiting for a while though and you're not really inspiring me to believe you could possibly come up with anything better than the team at SI have for the past 20 years.

Clearly your constructive criticism is certainly helping, it's here to vent your frustrations not post your childish playground ramblings 'flacid ****', 'spacker noises' (I'm not convinced any age group is childish enough to still say such dross) etc. If you can't beat the game then why don't you give up? I mean everybody else that plays or encounters the odd bug still plays and change their tactics to counter said bugs all whilst still enjoying the game. If you're not up to it then don't worry about it, I'm sure you have plenty of things to do with your day that don't involve FM, maybe you could play FIFA and then you can even play the matches yourself after you picked the team. Or is that too much for you, you know, knowing that there wouldn't be anybody else to blame when you lost?

Oh and as the paying customer you do have the right to expect a football game to represent football at a competent level, so if you can find any other game that achieves this to the level FM 13 already does then please do share with everyone, I'm sure we'll be waiting for a while though and you're not really inspiring me to believe you could possibly come up with anything better than the team at SI have for the past 20 years.

Oooh, look at you Mr Keyboard warrior, fact is matey boy is that I have played every Champ manager and FM since the amiga version, this version is the first one I have ever came on a forum like this to complain about. I could play FIFA and would do very well on it as always. I could play many other games, although, there will be one that I cannot play as I spent the money on this.

As for me not convinving you I could make better than SI have done, well, I'm not trying to. Point out any instance where I state my grand ability in making games? Use the quote function available on this forum to show that bit.

Also, I am quite free to use whatever metaphors or descriptive terms I wish providing they do not cross an legal boundry. If I wish to use words that you consider childish then that is my right to do so. Your opinion of my dialect, colloquialisms etc is irrelevant. Certainly you seem incapable of picking up any form of inclination in the text suggesting your own rather narrow form of textaul analysis and an inability to consider anything as being more than an obtuse level of primary significance.

To your question regarding better football simulation games than FM13, may I suggest FM12, perhaps FM11. Some of the finer detail is missing but the players didn't commit the massive howlers currently found in FM13.

Now, this thread is about frustrations with the game so please, try and stay on topic rather than critique other people's use of language.

Ps there are probably some typos dotted around here and there, feel free to pick up on them and demonstratte you pseudo-intellectual brilliance some more Dawson.

Last edited: