Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
game sucks makes no sense my players with double the stats of theirs play like ******* **** **** this ******* game holy **** what is the point of morale my team can be happy as ******* be and be playing against a team on the verge of killing themselves but still lose rofl good ******* game

How about toning the language down a bit

Just a quicky, Is there a way I can see the likelyhood of a player on loan getting a work permit with a new contract? ATM I'm just chancing it and offering ever increasing wages to a player I can't use

The match engine is predictable and the movements are not natural. Secondly, There is a lack of highlights. I choose to only watch key plays but now theres only 3-4 in an entire match. On a different note, what is up with the odds maker in the game. I am in first place in League 1 and it has me underdogs to a mediocre league 2 team. My media still asks me if i can avoid relegation though im in 1st midway through the season. It simply doesn't adapt to your playing as well as it used to. FM felt personal, now its treading towards Fifa.

Injuries. Injuries almost every game. One player has been injured 3 times within 6 months. And at one point I had 7 first team injuries. Rather frustrating playing with Liverpool, with a squad that is paper thin.

game sucks makes no sense my players with double the stats of theirs play like ******* **** **** this ******* game holy **** what is the point of morale my team can be happy as ******* be and be playing against a team on the verge of killing themselves but still lose rofl good ******* game

do watch your language or the next time you'll be given an infraction. we all get ****** off every now and complaining is normal but using a better words will make this forum a nicer place. :)

Hi.... This is a bit random but can 2 people access the same steam account to both play fm13? What if somebody goes into offline mode? Hopefully somebody can answer this.

Thanks

Hi.... This is a bit random but can 2 people access the same steam account to both play fm13? What if somebody goes into offline mode? Hopefully somebody can answer this.

Thanks

I've seen people claim it's possible, but never tried it myself.

I've seen people claim it's possible, but never tried it myself.

If one of them is not connected to the internet is possible, since steam cannot check. But i dunno if, when it's online again, for update purpose or any other thing, steam verifies if you played at the same time

I first played this game the day of the official release. I started an Arsenal save and set my tactics, team instructions etc. 3 hours in I was getting frustrated. I play the game on 2d because I find that the animation and the physics look dodgy on 3d and I can analyse the game better top-down. 10 matches into the season and I was not doing well. The games were too open and I was conceding often - a bit like Arsenal IRL really. I also read about some of the bugs (defenders poor on crosses, slow to respond to attackers running with ball, outrageous long shots conceded etc) and so decided to give the game a few patches and play again. Since taking it back up I have also read some of the wikis and other tips about setting out the team. Arsenal have pooor decisions, poor marking, poor positioning and poor leadership all round according to FM (and thi would appear to be the case IRL. So, I have had to change my management style, have a more rigid style, use man-marking, stick to position and stand-off more. This of course is anathema to what Arsenal do IRL. It is now 15 games into PL and Arsenal have 21 points and are in 10th. In the save I am top on 25 points after 10 games, having lost once to Man City at Etihad, and drawn at home to Newcastle.

I don't read anything into this other than I have adapted a tactic to the players at the disposal of the club. I bought Fellaini and Enrique in, and sold some dead-wood, but in the team comparison page the squad is still woefully inept at marking, positioning, decision-making and other mental attributes. I have noticed that these attributes are often the deciding factor when players are similar in terms of physical and technical attributes. Using too fluid a style or allowing too much attacking and creative freedom should lead to more opportunities created against the side, and so I have put restrictions on them. Also, other than Giroud, after 25 games I do not see an offensive player in FM Arsenal to equal the Manchester clubs, Chelsea, Tottenham, or many of the Europa clubs.

In short, I think this game is less forgiving when you try to do an AVB on the team, and make them conform to a style unbefitting of them. If you have slow defenders such as Mertesacker, don't push him over the halfway too much. If you have young, inexperienced full-backs don't tell them to be Dani Alves. If you have a midfield with poor stamina and work rate, have them close down only in sensitive areas of the pitch. If you have a tall, imposing striker play float crosses and play as a TM. If you have a wide player with poor crossing/passing/technique attributes (i.e Walcott), then try having him drill crosses rather than attempt to pick out his man. Play them all to their strengths and they will perform.

Forgot to rant. At this stage I am annoyed by the amount of curve the physics put on the ball sometimes, the way the ball bounces off the advertising boards and back across the field to the other boards, and the attempts on goal from impossible angles (angles that look as though the player has run dead), and also the amount of times Walcott runs the ball out when dribbling. On the last note I may let Walcott see out his contract and get Willian.

My main frustration is i finished a season with Stoke and i came second and was flying, brought a few good players like Sinclair and Caldwell and next season i am 15 games in, only won 2 games and conceding 2-3 goals a game, i'm not quite sure how i can go from second best team in the premier league to rock bottom, ts so unrealistic

Without knowing anything about your Stoke team I can only make generalisations, but have you changed anything about your tactic? Have you adapted it to the players you have brought in? Have you sold any players or experienced a drop in morale? It may sound absurd given that you qualified them for CL but they are footballers after all, and perhaps bringing in replacements has disturbed the squad harmony. I found that Cazorla and Podolski were slow to blend, so I dropped them to the bench for a few games. Do you have an alternative tactic you could use, as I understand that the game adapts quickly to the tactics used by human players. In fact, last year's game was good at this also, and having won the PL and CL in 1st season with Arsenal, I only managed the Carling Cup and finished 4th in PL and knocked out at last 16 in CL. I could beat Barcelona 4-2 and Man Utd 4-0 in 1st season and lose 0-1 to Swansea and 4-1 to Aston Villa using the same tactic and a superior squad. That the game adapts to your method is realistic I feel.

I lost the my first game to man city 1-0, and the morale did drop a bit, but then i won my next two games and then lost 4-0 to west ham, and then from then on i was losing to teams such as cardif, swansea, newcastle, but the whole team were looking really good in the games we won, and the team meetings don't improve the morale ether so i don't know what to do

Analyse the Team Info screen that tells you about what type of goals are being scored against you. If they are from shots then you may need to close down, or get a good DM to stay in front of the back four. If there are more 1-on-1's with your Gk you may need to drop your defensive line back and pick CB's with high anticipation etc. If they are from crosses then it may be that your wide men like Sinclair are not tracking back and supporting the full backs. I'd probably focus on keeping them out if you are conceding lots, and focus on defensive positioning/defending set pieces etc in Match Prep. If you can nick a few 1-0's it won't matter how you win, the players should all pick up confidence from the 3 points

It can't be just me that is having a problem with full backs. I've played FM for ages but for this version possession football is gimped massively by the fact that my fullbacks NEVER play the ball down the wing even when my wide player is in acres of space. Instead, they sit there waiting to be tackled. Anyone else have this problem? Driving me mental!

I thought the ME engine is fixed but is coming back now, watching my keeper stand idly by wheny defender passes directly to him to let it roll into the net and when he stands fixed on a spor for about 10 seconds to let the striker score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back