Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
whenever i play against another top team the games arent enjoyable to watch at all. theres always so much dumb stuff happening it just wrecks the game for me.

just drew 2-2 united and the throughout the game my teams fitness suddenly dips into <60% and everyones picking up knocks as if united were stabbing my players with knives.

szczesny also did the dumbest thing ive seen in a while. the ball gets passed back to him and he's under no pressure whatsoever. so what does he decide to do? he kinda slips and falls on his *** and passes the ball straight into rooney's feet and he scores. best game 2012

[video=youtube;GXz21nB6itM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXz21nB6itM[/video]

Volleyed back pass sets up oppositon again and keeper scores headed own goal again excellent M.E and very realistic

[video=youtube;iY6_A9zE0Hk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY6_A9zE0Hk[/video]

1st time it happened i gave it the benefit of the doubt :)

Most annoying thing for me is, Im with Liverpool, got everything sorted, first season finished 3rd, second season finished 1st and owned it.. Anyway, basically ive transformed the team throughout these couple of seasons, top players, and now in my third season which i thought would be my strongest, ive gone and lost 3 in a row.. saying that yes.. the fixtures was utd, man city & arsenal.. but with my players we should be taking the game to them.. so im a little stressed out.. ah well.. time for a few hours break.

I was up 5-1 in the CL qualifiers against Dynamo Kyiv. The game ended 5-3. Why? Well, I'll tell you.

First ridiculous goal: Bocchetti stands at our corner flag, passes it back to the goalkeeper who doesn't reach it. Kyiv score. Bocchetti mistake or GK mistake? Can be debated.

Second ridiculous goal (1 minute later): Suarez kicks off, passes it to Llorente who passes it to Bocchetti, who then passes it to a Kyiv player resulting in another goal.

That just down right ****** me off!

This is the most infuriating game I've ever played. Third season with Milan, everything was going fine; after two seasons of rebuilding the team everything was starting to click. I was 13 games unbeaten (23 stretching back to last season), top of the league, best defence in the league and then all of a sudden I lose three in a row because my defence starts acting like they've never played football before.

Lost 4-0 to Juventus because Matri is unstoppable and scored his usual hat-trick against me (he now has 20 in 19 games this season). Rather than sprinting with players the defence will slowly walk backwards and let them go through one-on-one, or a low cross will go right past five of my defenders and none of them will even bother clearing it. And don't get me started on the own goals. During my 3-game losing streak I scored an own goal in every single match. The players are in the perfect position to clear the ball but instead they turn around and slide the ball into their own net. It's ******* stupid!

The match engine is far better than it was but that doesn't mean it works. It's still completely broken in many ways and it's all out of our control. We just get to sit there and watch the madness unfold, all while pulling our hair out!

Right, this game is becoming a f*****g joke, SI are trying to make the ME more realistic when in fact by trying to do this they are making it even worse, the amount of mistakes that are still in the game is ridiculous, aside from the fact it is almost impossible to keep clean sheets even in games where you find yourself having shot after shot after shot then all of a sudden your opponent get 1 shot which will 9/10 times come from either a mistake by a defender in giving the ball away or by one through ball by a **** player going past every defender lets them thru on goal. It also seems that when this happens my defence decide to stand around and watch, by far the most annoying stressful FM to date, get your act together S.I please and sort this monstrosity out, until the next FM match engine update is released of to FIFA MANAGER i go :@

Last edited:
I've found that after two or three good wins, you will be unable to win the game after that.

Even if you've beaten sides in leagues above you, the third game = defeat no matter what.

Change tactics? Okay, but I still lose.

Ah, but the game does not cheat or 'rubber band'... or so the SI crew say.

I wouldn't say it's a joke, but there is some sort of 'cheat' at work. Whether it's an intentional one or not is beside the point - the game will screw up, and short of starting again without saving what can you do?

'Oh you can always re-patch or download an update.' Hmm... should you not have got it right first time SI?

A train driver cannot afford margin for error, whilst controlling a high speed train. Yes, he has certain things to help him out (a bell sounding as he passes a green signal, a hooter sounding caution as he passes a yellow signal and also ATP in the cab) but if he makes an error, or commits a SPAD, then he is putting his/her passengers lives at risk.

I cannot afford to make an error, when filling my tax return in. Any glitch or error on my part lands me waist deep in the brown and smelly.

I appreciate that SI can only do so much, and on the whole it's a good game, but the bugs and glitches should not have been there in the first place. If there were any concerns, the game should have been held up by a week (most of us would have understood why and would have been sympathetic) until the game had been declared bug-free and glitch free.

I have the same problem as Brommers with defending, and TBH it is making me not want to play the game. I can cope with my team losing, but I refuse to lose unfairly. I would rather not play at all than be 'cheated'.

I've found that after two or three good wins, you will be unable to win the game after that.

Even if you've beaten sides in leagues above you, the third game = defeat no matter what.

Change tactics? Okay, but I still lose.

Ah, but the game does not cheat or 'rubber band'... or so the SI crew say.

I wouldn't say it's a joke, but there is some sort of 'cheat' at work. Whether it's an intentional one or not is beside the point - the game will screw up, and short of starting again without saving what can you do?

'Oh you can always re-patch or download an update.' Hmm... should you not have got it right first time SI?

A train driver cannot afford margin for error, whilst controlling a high speed train. Yes, he has certain things to help him out (a bell sounding as he passes a green signal, a hooter sounding caution as he passes a yellow signal and also ATP in the cab) but if he makes an error, or commits a SPAD, then he is putting his/her passengers lives at risk.

I cannot afford to make an error, when filling my tax return in. Any glitch or error on my part lands me waist deep in the brown and smelly.

I appreciate that SI can only do so much, and on the whole it's a good game, but the bugs and glitches should not have been there in the first place. If there were any concerns, the game should have been held up by a week (most of us would have understood why and would have been sympathetic) until the game had been declared bug-free and glitch free.

I have the same problem as Brommers with defending, and TBH it is making me not want to play the game. I can cope with my team losing, but I refuse to lose unfairly. I would rather not play at all than be 'cheated'.

I've had an unbeaten season so your theory that you always lose the third game is wrong

Well many congratulations Epic.

However, whilst one person is very lucky there are 10 others struggling.

If the game cannot cheat, then why all the problems mentioned on this and other threads? Even on the reviews on Steam, people are saying that the game is not fair at times. Are they wrong? Should people who are upset with the game just not bother playing?

One question though Epic - did you play the whole season without losing, or did you re-boot?

Yes, I was lucky enough to go undefeated on a challenge, but playing the game proper is different (well to me anyway). It is that much more harder to a) win and b) keep a clean sheet - even when I am 3-0 up and 85 minutes have gone I have to pray to all holy deities that it ends up 3-0 in my favour and not 6-3 in the computer's.

Life isn't fair. Football is unfair at times-just like IRL. Celtic v Barca ring a bell?

absolutely nothing is guarenteed, shocks will happen, gubbings will happen, and a few times you will lose to lesser teams. You learn by making sure you learn by the mistakes. This is a game where you constantly learn.

Last edited:

If the game cannot cheat, then why all the problems mentioned on this and other threads? Even on the reviews on Steam, people are saying that the game is not fair at times. Are they wrong? Should people who are upset with the game just not bother playing?

One question though Epic - did you play the whole season without losing, or did you re-boot?

Yes, I was lucky enough to go undefeated on a challenge, but playing the game proper is different (well to me anyway). It is that much more harder to a) win and b) keep a clean sheet - even when I am 3-0 up and 85 minutes have gone I have to pray to all holy deities that it ends up 3-0 in my favour and not 6-3 in the computer's.
Those people don't know much and have no idea that the ME is coded so the ME has no idea if a team is human or AI controlled.

no reboots pal, just sheer good tactics and man management. there isn't just me who has had this success someone has had an unbeaten season with QPR. alot of people are having success. people need to realise that this is a different animal and a more complete game and signing the 11 best players and using an exploit tactic will not work no more. you have to use footballing logic when it comes to tactics. as in life

no reboots pal, just sheer good tactics and man management. there isn't just me who has had this success someone has had an unbeaten season with QPR. alot of people are having success. people need to realise that this is a different animal and a more complete game and signing the 11 best players and using an exploit tactic will not work no more. you have to use footballing logic when it comes to tactics. as in life

And when my players just refuse to score? Oh wait I forgot the game doesn't realise it's human controlled so when I start a new save first three games, dominate every team and create more CCCs than the other team yet not win any of them it's still my fault?

Well game uninstalled, not wasting my life playing this **** anymore. I got a D in Biology when I'm predicted an A, this **** just isn't worth it anymore.

And when my players just refuse to score? Oh wait I forgot the game doesn't realise it's human controlled so when I start a new save first three games, dominate every team and create more CCCs than the other team yet not win any of them it's still my fault?

Well game uninstalled, not wasting my life playing this **** anymore. I got a D in Biology when I'm predicted an A, this **** just isn't worth it anymore.

no game is worth sacrificing your education for, and as for the CCC's celtic vs barcelona springs to mind, chelseas champions league victory also.

If you are only giving it three games that is no were near enough time for a new manager, signings and tactics to bed in and get results.

You just need to keep working away buddy I got stuck in a rut but admittedly nothing as bad as most people have had Iv managed to steer myself from danger a few times... My worst run was 4 wins in my last 15 games in my 2nd season I was sitting happy in 3rd but ended up 7th... That run thought me a lot and you learn more from a loss than a win but again thats not to say things dont go crazy in my game every now and again... I just finished my 5th season and won the league but look at this game I had...

View attachment 291072

my fm13 doesnt pass a particular date

when i got the game i was excited obviously bt den when i got to a particular date it just stopped working i dont know wats wrong wit it helpplease

70% possession, four CCCs, two goals, dominating the match. The other team has one shot and inevitably score it (from a through ball my defence stood and watched), and then my left back does this:

[video=youtube;iiNyhS6y6vk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiNyhS6y6vk&list=UUpaG-wcFxwzSytWt5m7hP1Q&index=1[/video]

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I don't mind conceding and even losing when I feel I've been fairly beaten, but the vast majority of the goals come from exactly the same idiotic mistakes the ME feels intent on making. It's so predictable.

I love the game when it works, but most of the time it's the most frustrating thing I've ever played.

lol..really..really..come on now tell us the truth :P
anyways even if you did, its hardly realistic..i think only two teams have managed this in history! Preston did it 100 odd years ago when there was summin like 20 games in the season..and we all remember the unbeatables...
QPR doing this in RL..if they did, id eat my cat...worms et all

Back