Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
lol..really..really..come on now tell us the truth :P
anyways even if you did, its hardly realistic..i think only two teams have managed this in history! Preston did it 100 odd years ago when there was summin like 20 games in the season..and we all remember the unbeatables...
QPR doing this in RL..if they did, id eat my cat...worms et all
I'd gone a season with WBA only losing one game which was three games from the end of the season, came second though because I drew a lot.

How is it hardly realistic? You have no idea what team he was using, you don't know the players or what the teams he played were like. My second season in United and Chelsea were having a nightmare due to injuries, which ended up in them losing 3-4 players due to bad league position.

I'd gone a season with WBA only losing one game which was three games from the end of the season, came second though because I drew a lot.

How is it hardly realistic? You have no idea what team he was using, you don't know the players or what the teams he played were like. My second season in United and Chelsea were having a nightmare due to injuries, which ended up in them losing 3-4 players due to bad league position.

Well it really depends on what you think realistic means? Because how many teams can you name that have gone unbeaten in a WHOLE season in REAL-LIFE! Remember how many seasons were talking about..an how many teams have had the chance of doing this EVERY year, an have failed. All im saying is its unrealistic..do you see QPR doing this? Would you like to make a bet on it?

lol..really..really..come on now tell us the truth :P
anyways even if you did, its hardly realistic..i think only two teams have managed this in history! Preston did it 100 odd years ago when there was summin like 20 games in the season..and we all remember the unbeatables...
QPR doing this in RL..if they did, id eat my cat...worms et all

I actually did it with chelsea, I have posted the screenshot in the relevant thread. Whoever did it with QPR has also posted the screenshot and I think that they uploaded their tactic too. in last couple of years porto and juventus spring to mind as having unbeaten seasons too. And its a game not real life the match engine does not mimic real life so why compare the two?

I give it another chance. Having fun with Coventry until about 7 games in, then AI over 3 games has 8 shots on target and scored 8 goals....

Seriously... Is the ME trying to tell me that over 3 games that 3 separate teams would not have a single shot my keeper Joe Murphy who should be very good at League 1 level be able to save? That every shot they'd have on target be an unsaveable effort.

It's completely unrealistic and a mess. How can people claim the ME isn't slanted towards to the AI, I can never ever remember any team of mine going on such amazing shots to goals runs.

I actually did it with chelsea, I have posted the screenshot in the relevant thread. Whoever did it with QPR has also posted the screenshot and I think that they uploaded their tactic too. in last couple of years porto and juventus spring to mind as having unbeaten seasons too. And its a game not real life the match engine does not mimic real life so why compare the two?

Now you said it was chelsea, id say its quite probable! and believable :)
On comparing them both..the ME an the game in RL, as you say is incomparable..I agree, but it is a football simulator! So should mimic RL. Although im managing Truro City (local team) an ive gone up in consecutive seasons, an lying just out of the play-offs in league 2 (3rd season), I would say is unrealistic too lol! Ive lost 35 out of 150 games on my journey, with 50% wins..which is realistic comparison to RL managers.
Porto should be undefeated every year..but very rarely acheive it. An Juventus did it very well..but they wouldnt in PL ( imo).
Guess what im sayin is: Well done :) but screeney's prove nothing to how many reboots its taken to remain unbeaten, If i told you I was 10th in line to the English throne...would you believe me?

Now you said it was chelsea, id say its quite probable! and believable :)
On comparing them both..the ME an the game in RL, as you say is incomparable..I agree, but it is a football simulator! So should mimic RL. Although im managing Truro City (local team) an ive gone up in consecutive seasons, an lying just out of the play-offs in league 2 (3rd season), I would say is unrealistic too lol! Ive lost 35 out of 150 games on my journey, with 50% wins..which is realistic comparison to RL managers.
Porto should be undefeated every year..but very rarely acheive it. An Juventus did it very well..but they wouldnt in PL ( imo).
Guess what im sayin is: Well done :) but screeney's prove nothing to how many reboots its taken to remain unbeaten, If i told you I was 10th in line to the English throne...would you believe me?

well its up to you what you believe, I dont deal in reboots. On a side note I've just done similar thing with fc united not looking forward to league 2 though

I lowered the win bonuses at the start of my second season, we're into October now and both Fernando & Nick Powell have the hump still. I don't know how long this lasts for but it isn't fair. There's no option to talk to them about it and it's affecting their form. I can't stand seeing "abysmal'' next to a player's name, especially when the rest of the squad has pretty much superb morale.

Winning games at home even against weaker sides is a very hard task.... I almost find away games easier to win.

Game is far too frustrating/Difficult.

Hi everyone, long-time user, first-time caller, you get the idea. Been playing the game solidly the last few weeks (I've been playing the CM series since 1994 and FM since that started), and my main gripe is when you get three seasons in and your previously bulletproof tactics (thanks Raikan007!) just aren't reliable anymore. I know the game AI is supposed to learn your tactics and make it more realistic, but watching your 40-goals last-season striker pull off a Gervinho and sky it over the bar from 3 yards is getting ridiculous. The fact that full-backs just stand off wingers and let them cross from the byline gets annoying too...

well its up to you what you believe, I dont deal in reboots. On a side note I've just done similar thing with fc united not looking forward to league 2 though

Yeah..league 2 is a big step up ive found mate...goin pro an all. Had so far good and bad runs, like 10 undefeated then 10 without winnin..once lost 4 on trot!! gave 'em ****, they didnt listen lol.....but what turned us out of the rut (an what i love about this game), I brought a player who was 1st choice LW for one an half seasons back into the 1st team, after he played well an scored 4 in his last 5 reserve games! Man he was like a new signing for us...my little Ginola 8-|
please keep us posted on your FC united save... im interested to hear how you do

I give it another chance. Having fun with Coventry until about 7 games in, then AI over 3 games has 8 shots on target and scored 8 goals....

Seriously... Is the ME trying to tell me that over 3 games that 3 separate teams would not have a single shot my keeper Joe Murphy who should be very good at League 1 level be able to save? That every shot they'd have on target be an unsaveable effort.

It's completely unrealistic and a mess. How can people claim the ME isn't slanted towards to the AI, I can never ever remember any team of mine going on such amazing shots to goals runs.

Yeah I swear SI made this game for people like me because I keep forcing myself to play it. It's the same **** with whatever team I use and it's not my tactic if we play better in every match but it only takes the AI one chance to score. I've tried with Arsenal and Man City. Same ****. I even went to Wrexham hoping I wouldn't be too bothered by the idiocy but it's still happening there. Yeah it can happen every now and then in real life but it's too much on this stupid game. Every time I play the game I feel the urge to beat someone up, why should this be happening on a game that is meant to be for fun?

Cue someone tell me it's actually my tactics that misses the chances and how the Me doens't recongnise human players and AI Players.

I'm taking a break from FM 2013. Hadn't played in a week, gave it a shot again this morning and it has already left me feeling frustrated. I have tried pretty much everything, must have done perhaps 20-25 seasons with different teams by now and had perhaps a couple of enjoyable ones. I have created some successful tactics, and they inevitably stop working no matter what I do after a period of time. I can't even understand how the game works really, what I see on the pitch doesn't make any sense half of the time compared to the tactical instructions I give my players. I have spent a fair amount of time reading posts from tactical experts (even though I've always had success with my own tactics in previous versions) but I just can't find any consistency, or, more annoyingly, any logic.

Hopefully there will be a new patch out soon and then I'll give the game another try, otherwise I think I won't be playing the game again soon. One thing's for sure whatever happens, I won't pre-order it again next year. I'd rather get the game when it's working properly and use my time differently until then.

10th in line to the throne....

That makes you the seven-year-old Viscount Severn surely? ;)

Lol Barakus, impressed that you checked as well.

I'm with Fearthainn on this one - it's NOT that losing is a problem, but it is the **** unfairness and players not obeying any instructions that is the annoying thing.

Call it a cheat or whatever, but there is a major problem with the game-play. It is not just one lone voice crying foul, it is several hundred. That is potentially 100 customers lost by SI for FM2014.

Here are a few genuine quotes from Amazon:

'Worst Football Manager ever, by some distance., 19 Nov 2012
By
Ad - See all my reviews

= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Football Manager 2013 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I got the game on the day it was released and have been doing my best to get into my new save since. I have now finally given up, it is so boring and convoluted, they have gone way over the top now. In fairness it's been coming for a while and I know plenty of people have already got irritated by the last few editions of Football Manager.

For me though, I haven't found them annoying enough to stop me from playing. I thought the level of intensity with regards to tactics and so on wasn't too bad. It really has just gone way too far on this one though. I really cannot conjure up the words to do justice in describing the immense amount of hatred I have for match day.

My first Football Manager game was Championship Manager 2 and I have bought every single one since. This is honestly the first time I will not continue to play the new Football Manager until the next one comes out and I'll buy that in the hope that they've calmed it all down a bit!'

'absolutely shocking entry, 21 Nov 2012
By
Podge - See all my reviews

Oh yes, the technical achievements and detail gone into the finer details is amazing... but the biggest detail of all has been glaringly overlooked. THE MATCHES!

Tactics and teamtalks are all but worthless and the general consensus in order to get any sort of meaningful result is to play formations that bear absolutely no relation whatsoever to real-life matches. Your players endless give the ball away, almost never challenge and seem to lack any ability to actually put the ball in the back of the net without being camped on the goalline or shooting from 3 miles away.

Bought it... played it... uninstalled it. Complete waste of time and money.'

'Ridiculously hard!, 22 Nov 2012
By
Jamie S (UK) - See all my reviews

I've played these games since the 90's Champ Man days, loyal fan of the games but this years is ridiculously hard, unrealistic no matter what team or tactic you try it results in 5-0 defeats time after time no matter what you try you will hardly score, concede goals EVERY TIME the opposition attacks and end up getting humiliated. endless people on forums and reviews say the same thing the game is majorly flawed and they either need to fix it with a patch or I will never buy a future release. quite shocked how hard and unrealistic it is, no matter what you do you won't hardly win! do not buy! different to every other footy man, champ man I've ever played! shocking!'

'2.0 out of 5 stars Worst FM ever., 10 Nov 2012
By
Jonathan - See all my reviews

= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
Worst ever instalment in franchise for me. Games gone way over the top, theres now around 15 menus on matchday (really) matchday is boring and so overcomplicated. It's just awful. You'd have to buy it to understand ...avoid. Im going back to FM2007 with my 2012 patch.'

1.0 out of 5 stars steam & changes, 5 Nov 2012
By
jim hopkins "Josh" (London) - See all my reviews

was with no internet for 2 weeks while changing supplier and steam was a nightmare to run
there are some changes, but tbh this version should have been a patch .. the amount of changes is really not big enough to call it a new game.'

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful match engine, 23 Nov 2012
By
Sam - See all my reviews

I've been a fan of football management games since the late 90s and I don't think I've ever enjoyed one as little as I have Football Manager 2013. It's such a shame because some of the new features are really good, and the idea of exporting your own team to custom tournaments with friends is one I was particularly looking forward to. But the most important part of a football management game, by a distance, is the match engine, and FM13 doesn't deliver in that regard.

Playing through the BETA, demo and then the full game, my experience was similar throughout. Some players simply stand still and completely ignore the opponents standing six yards away from goal, while others will be under no pressure whatsoever and hoof the ball either off the pitch or straight to an opposing player. The animations are simply horrendously unrealistic, and the decision making of players in general is dreadful. Your tactics don't seem to make a difference, no matter what you try.

It's even more bizarre because the match engine of FM11 is far better than this. I have no idea how they managed to make it look worse and be less realistic. The average rating on Amazon of the last 3 games sums up the decline of this series as whole.

In summary: it's simply not fun to spend hours tweaking your tactics for it to make no difference on the pitch, and that's exactly what happens in FM13.'

FRUSTRATING AND FULL OF BUGS, 26 Nov 2012
By
Bettsy - See all my reviews

I will keep it short but I would not recommend purchasing FM 2013. The game itself is great but it is so full of bugs that you will be enjoying playing then all of a sudden not be able to load your saved game at all. Just check the SI forums to see how many people have this issue.

So you will put in loads of time to playing it and then suddenly not be able to load your game and have to start all over again. Or like me you won't bother and will get a refund.'

So you can see it's not just a one-off problem.

People have long memories, and if they aren't happy then it will be hard to convince them to shell out for FM2014.

Has there been a patch released for this game recently as it seems to have got worse? All that seems to happen now is I score a lot more own-goals, still concede countless goals from crosses regardless of tactical tweaks ( had Rooney out jump my 2 centrebacks 3 times in 1 game...) my goalkeeper is unable to pass to a member of my team, still get played off the park by every opposition. I don't mind being beat by better teams but I play a center mid 3 and constantly get outplayed in the middle regardless of how many the other teams put in there.

Seriously had enough now and until this game sorts itself out I think I will stick to playing games on my android...

Just one more thing which nearly results in my laptop going out the window. Played Swansea had 10 shots 2 shots on target they had 1 shot 0 on target they won 2-1... Seriously? This is supposed to be realism at its best? Have a word!

According to the mods it is, so what do we know?

Oh, and you're not being cheated either - that doesn't happen (yeah right... just lost 10 times playing against Bow Street FC playing as Llanelli. The game is going off for the night, and if it doesn't buck its ideas up it will be gone for good the way I'm feeling at the moment).

FWIW, I'm playing FM13 on my Mac and bought it via Steam, and I've had no bugs, crashes, or problems *knock wood* so far?

I am getting absolutely spanked. I will not complain about the game, however, I LOVE fm it is my passion. Anyways, could someone point me in the right direction? Examples: what tones to use in a press conference, how to not let in so many goals, etc. I have been playing since 09 and I'm American. Frustrated, though!

if this game had FM12 or 11 gameplay/match engine it would be the best game ever. \how did they manage to decline so horribly with the gameplay? Defending is an absolute joke! Players just stand around opponents as if they can't even see them and allow them to walk the ball right into the goal. This has got to change!

Back