Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
The game isnt scripted.

A couple of things you describe are actually bugs. have you ever raised them as such?

Raised the illogical message one with Miles and the reply I got is the one I quoted in my post! I raised it when it happened in my previous save and I raised it yesterday when exactly the same thing happened in my current save!

You tell me, if I can predict what's going to happen in a save and when its going to happen, what's the point in playing the game until it's fixed?

The game isnt scripted.

A couple of things you describe are actually bugs. have you ever raised them as such?

Raised the illogical message one with Miles and the reply I got is the one I quoted in my post! I raised it when it happened in my previous save and I raised it yesterday when exactly the same thing happened in my current save!

You tell me, if I can predict what's going to happen in a save and when its going to happen, what's the point in playing the game until it's fixed?

I have started about 20 saves since the beta, deleted them all.
Only finished one full season the other day in which there was absolutely no shenanigans.
-No restarts - No tactical changes (1 tactic all season, not home and away versions) - No signings even.
- I didnt attend press conferences (boring, havent changed in years) - Didnt respond to other managers comments (boring hasnt changed in years).
Stuck with a prefered 11 - ignored unhappy players who wernt getting games.
I just blasted through a season with Man U (just wanted one season where I resist any urge to restart or tinker with tactics) and I finished up with the prem league and league cup.
Lost 5 - drew 9 (not great could be better, could be worse and believe it has been!!) won the league by quite a margin too, think it was 11 points.
But......... I just still felt something wasn't right with the game, and I'm talking beyond the obvious flaws
- opposition seemingly at will able to cross and finish with 100% accuracy and your your gk doesnt even twitch....ever, offsides when your players 15yards onside or from a corner when they got 2 players on the posts, world class defenders unable to pick up **** club utds no one striker as he wonders through your, well what was a water tight defence.
This was something different.... had I done well? is the game easy? or was I just lucky? Its supposed to much harder this year?Was it my players and my tactics or the failings of the 19 opposition managers I'd faced?
I found it hard to gain any sense of achievement after effectively winning the league and a cup by actually not really trying?
This also throws out the window your concept of having to manage the squad in such a finite way as to ensure for e.g -they don't bottle it?
Why when I take a save more seriously, attend all conferences, rotate squad, make signings ect how can the final outcome be so dramatically different? i.e go on a mega losing streak for no apparent reason and end up getting sacked?
And please don't try to fob me off with it's a totally different animal ect

So, to continue a theme, following the stupid illogical message, my next 8 league games produce no wins, 3 (goalless) draws and 5 defeats and in those 8 games I scored the grand total of 1 goal!!!! So I've gone from 2nd in league to 12th in league with exactly the same tactics and players! Late October to mid-November this happens regular as clockwork with every save! As Jim Royle would say, Not scripted my ****!

So, to continue a theme, following the stupid illogical message, my next 8 league games produce no wins, 3 (goalless) draws and 5 defeats and in those 8 games I scored the grand total of 1 goal!!!! So I've gone from 2nd in league to 12th in league with exactly the same tactics and players! Late October to mid-November this happens regular as clockwork with every save! As Jim Royle would say, Not scripted my ****!

If it was scripted, every single user would have the same issue. The game doesnt contain rubber band AI, it actually cant since the match engine cant tell the difference between various inputs.

To lose 8 of 8, then more than one thing would have gone wrong. But given that your approach on the surface seems solid (having done so well for the majority of the season) a mental issue is always a factor, whether they choke, or simply switch off. Luck is a factor in any match, as it is in real life. But good set ups and management minimise how much you have to rely on luck to go your way. Losing 8 from 8 isnt just bad luck, something else has gone wrong.

I loaded up the save again just before the mega slump and won all of the 8 games and got to the final of the fa cup and won it. I honestly did nothing different to before but had no problems, i would of thought my squad would of choked and switched off again like you said.
The games way to random and relies on you being lucky the only thing you can do consistently and feel like you actually effected it is go on a massive losing streak by playing stupid tactics and annoying your players so they dont want to play for you.
You can still have success but that sense of achievement is not there due to the randomness of the game.

The experiment i have done playing the game side by side on two laptops and the results it provided is the reason i believe there are so many people who are downloading tactics and complaining they dont work. People are following instructions in the OP of the uploader exactly and using the same players and having no sucess is due to being unlucky but no one ever mentions luck on here you get a response which involves a good genuine footballing reason for it to happen but its not the real reason. I meen how can you pin point what is successful or not when u can play the same game at the same time and win 4-0 and lose 3-1.
It really makes me laugh some of the conversations you read on here where people believe themselves to be the next mourinho when really their playing with a top side so only a fool can mess it up or your a lucky person.
Basically the more evenly matched your team is to the rest of the league the more random your results will be and luck plays a bigger part.

You cant follow anything to the letter because a player might not make the exact same decision every time. From the moment it kicks off, every game is different. A play might left instead of right, and from then on everything is totally different.

If it was scripted, every single user would have the same issue. The game doesnt contain rubber band AI, it actually cant since the match engine cant tell the difference between various inputs.

So how do you explain it happening over and over again, irrespective of which tactics I use, whether or not I sign players or basically any input from me? I understand what you're saying that not everyone is experiencing this issue, but most people are experiencing similar illogical losses of form. All I can think is that I use the same club in every save and it happens because of the parameters ( which I can't begin to pretend to understand) that are unique to that club. I may try a bit of editing or even just try a different club and see what happens! Sorry for sounding so peed off and frustrated, but that is the theme of the thread!

It will be in the tactical discussion thread this weekend. Is it specifically the tactical aspect of overloading a player you are looking for?

Yeah, I want to identify weak links (defensive players mostly) in teams and overload them, pull them out of position etc.

So how do you explain it happening over and over again, irrespective of which tactics I use, whether or not I sign players or basically any input from me? I understand what you're saying that not everyone is experiencing this issue, but most people are experiencing similar illogical losses of form. All I can think is that I use the same club in every save and it happens because of the parameters ( which I can't begin to pretend to understand) that are unique to that club. I may try a bit of editing or even just try a different club and see what happens! Sorry for sounding so peed off and frustrated, but that is the theme of the thread!

Nothing wrong with being peed off mate. Nothing is more annoying than not being able to see why something doesn't work. The truth is, i could give you lots of reasons why it might happen, but without actually looking at your save and style etc i would just be guessing.

One thing FM needs to work on is helping players understand WHY somethings is failing, but that requires a much stronger AI, so i think thats a long way off. But a consistent losing streak is never one thing, but usually a number of things that snowball and get much worse. The most common cause is that after a good streak of 7/8 games, players get complacent, they lose, they lose morale, maybe they next game goes their way, but if it doesn't, they get nervy in the next game, they make a mistake, oppos scores, lose the game, morale drops more. players are not confident in playing their natural game struggling to get in to rythym etc, suddenly if you are not careful you are on a 5-6 losing streak. And the more you lose, the harder it is to win.

I've always developed an approach based on the make up of my players.

Last edited:
Hey, I recently started a game as Braunschweig in the german second division. After getting promoted in my first season in charge I decided to apply for a new job. The bayern job, lol. I then received the message "Your application has been unsuccessful as you have only recently left the post.". How does this make any sense? I tried applying for various other jobs as well but received the same message. I don't understand this at all like. I've only ever been employed by Braunshweig in this particular game. Any suggestions??

Hey, I recently started a game as Braunschweig in the german second division. After getting promoted in my first season in charge I decided to apply for a new job. The bayern job, lol. I then received the message "Your application has been unsuccessful as you have only recently left the post.". How does this make any sense? I tried applying for various other jobs as well but received the same message. I don't understand this at all like. I've only ever been employed by Braunshweig in this particular game. Any suggestions??

It's a bug. Definitely worth reporting on the SI forums.

How do I actually go about doing that? This is literally my first post on here like.

Not sold on the new update. Now I just concede from set pieces every single game and half of my player instructions don't seem to work. Tell my centre midfielder to rarely take long shots and he takes one whenever he gets the ball. My team is set up to drill crosses, and this was my primary source for goals, but now every cross is floated over everyone's head. And now none of my striker's are able to score, they just end up missing really easy chances apart from the odd game when I end up winning 4-0 before it's back to the 1-0's and 1-1's.

I used to be frustrated that my team was unable to score despite my dominance and number of chances created; now I create the same amount of chances but they're all either long shots I tell my players not to do, or awful finishes. And now instead of conceding own goals it's set pieces.

Oh, and during the three seasons before this update I had about 5 red cards. Since the update (about 10 games) I've had 6.

Last edited:
My big complaint is the lack of U-19 and U-21 teams that are available to manage. I mean really, start a new game with the English leagues activated and 6 or 7 others running in background and you get the UK U-19 or Spain U-21. Anyone know how to get more selection?

I had the same thing happen to me, I applied to be the spanish national team manager and had the same message, even though I had not been their manager before applying. I then got a message about a week later that I had not got the job so it seems that the application had gone through but I was just ensuccesful.

Personal frustration that hasn't been addressed by the patch. I've noticed when an AI manager has been sacked, the replacement manager is given literally no time before the media are saying he's 'under pressure' because of their league position, despite only just taking over the team.

Back