Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
The Game is Now PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!! Match Engine is flawless since the update, very realistic, thanks SI!

im frustrated when a team "laughs off" my interest but offers a job next day

I'm slightly frustrated that I have to alt tab out and Google teams nearby for friendly games. As every team I try and have a friendly with rejects it for being too far to travel (Or my board wont let my team travel). I might be English and managing an English team but it doesn't mean I know where every Town and City is.
Is it possible to filter teams by distance from yours??
Say, managing Yeovil. Filter all teams in BS leagues, within 20 miles. Or by all teams willing to travel for a pre season game.

Last edited:
So now I've got so ****** off with it I'm inventing ridiculous tactics! I'm Sheff Utd and I've got York in the league cup away. Played the game with normal tactics, everyone bright green and in their preferred roles....lost 2-0!!!!! So I thought I'd try playing it again with a slightly different approach! My new tactic was a very fluid, attacking 0-8-2 formation! It didn't start well, 4-0 down in 17 minutes! So I went overload and by half-time we'd pulled it back to 5-3. By 52 minutes we were level at 5-5! Unfortunately I had a player sent off on 54 and York got another goal on 60 minutes which proved to be the winner. So, no goals in the last half-hour with me playing overload with 10 men and without a defence!

I even dominated possession, 58% to 42% and created 5 CCCs!

Realism? Who needs it! I'm just having fun until they sort this mess of a game out!

Last edited:
I'm slightly frustrated that I have to alt tab out and Google teams nearby for friendly games. As every team I try and have a friendly with rejects it for being too far to travel (Or my board wont let my team travel). I might be English and managing an English team but it doesn't mean I know where every Town and City is.
Is it possible to filter teams by distance from yours??
Say, managing Yeovil. Filter all teams in BS leagues, within 20 miles. Or by all teams willing to travel for a pre season game.

I agree..it is silly. I asked for friendly against Falmouth (im managing Truro) an the board says its too far to travel lol
its only like 10 miles..if that! My old combination league team use to travel more for friendly's!

I agree..it is silly. I asked for friendly against Falmouth (im managing Truro) an the board says its too far to travel lol
its only like 10 miles..if that! My old combination league team use to travel more for friendly's!

I asked Bodmin, about 25 miles away. No, too far to travel. Surely Truro v Bodmin is a derby! (Given Grimsby, my local team has derbies with Scunny, Lincoln and Hull. All of which are over 30 miles away)
Yeovil about 140 miles, they said Yes!
mmm

Last edited:
liverpool two nil up v swansea ... with 7 minutes to go .. i place bet on we draw 2 a piece .. and yep! spot on! so obvious!!

worst £20 ive spent in a long time ...

/rant

Been trying to have a save as Paris FC for about 2 months now, and no matter what I do, create my own tactics, use the top downloaded ones, or stare at the opposing tactics and try and counter them, I just never win any games. I've been sacked from the job 5 times. Each time I start anew and each time I am still as ****** as before. I like the new difficulty the game has, FM12 was just plug and win, but seriously I can't do anything right... ever. Spend an hour designing a tactic to fit your team and then just watching as it doesn't work or some ridiculous angle goal goes in each game and after months of training to defend set pieces and setting up corners with everyone marking someone, your assistant coach still says we need work as every other corner goes results in a goal for the other team. I just don't know what else to do, its no fun playing as the top teams in the world, but I can't even win 2 games out of 20 in the 3rd division.

/rant

Sorry if it has been said, but penalties are stupid! i am grimsby, mixed results as only just got the game and getting used to the new difficulty of the game but my penalty taker is 13 rated for penalties yet he has taken 4 and missed them all? keep has catched them each time, is there a bug or something?

I've done it, I've actually decided to go back to FM12. Yes FM12 annoyed me because saves got boring after 5 seasons but at least those 5 seasons were enjoyable.

I've had FM13 since the day it came out and the furthest I have gotten in any save is to January in the first season. Really disappointed.

i have problem with player faces, i download facepack for 1992-2012 db and some players can't have photo, example mendieta, he is created player and his picture can't be upladed, can you help please?

this hapened also when i created some players, i've done everything how it should be and still no photo :(

I may go back to FM 12 as well. It just seems that all my player are idiots and have no athletic instincts what so ever. Last game... comp has a 2 against my 4 'breakaway'. All my defenders decide to attack the one player with the ball thus leaving the other attacker open for the goal. On the other end, ill have a 4 against 2 break and my attacker choses to dribble towards the endline and wait for all the defenders to come back.
This is happening all to often and has nothing to do with the tactics since they have been tweaked etc to death.

Im really dissapointed so far with the Match Engine and am getting nothing but frustration out of this game.

Ive been tooling around with FMH 13 since it came out and like many people here my results are really 'all over the place'--- beating top team in league 4-0 then, a week later, with same lineuo and formation lose at home to last place team 5-1 and surrender 3 goals in first 4 mintes. Also, getting sacked in Janaury while team has high morale and is in 4th place. I know that the handheld version is much different than the 'full' version. I admit Im knew to FM but I honestly enjoyed FIFA 12's manager mode much more---- granted its not nearly as deep' and involved as FM but results seemed to make more sense. I think Im gonna get the pc version of FM 13 and give it another chance.

Right thats me done...finally had enough, this game should be upto standard by now, but its failed miserably in my opinion!
These are my experiences..
1st update: Improved ME...my favorite update :) still problems, but was for me the better alround ME to date! Never got bored. played over 3 seasons on it.
2nd update: Improved ME..but made some ludicrous problems with CB's..was unplayable, only played 6 games + almost ruined my save!
**** update: Improved ME..again improved, players lookin more life-like, in moves an possession. But seem more out of touch with my team.. they dont play anything like they did before or anything like i'd want them to play. Played 7 games, an ruined my save!!!

I dont like pitty-patty passing from the half-way line! I prefer more direct play (its a personal choice right?), in my time in football ive found it so much more enjoyable to play an watch! My games since the latest patch (it is good patch) have been takeing almost twice as long, because of this crappy passing about ****..that i never wanted my players to do...an they never did before!
lump it!! lump it to a winger...lump it to my CF! Lump it into the crowd.........not play 3 yard balls around an get no-where! Ive always played on all management games wingers..love wingers! runin with the ball..takein on anyone who gets in their way...never worked on FM13!
Im obviously not given up..but this game as been raped by updates that should of been sorted out before it was released!
sorry if this post seems extreme in areas..but hey im passionate person, who wants this game to work to the masses.

Its in no mind the best simulation game thats available, much better than previous versions...but im still left with a ME to tactical problem, where nothin says what it says on the tin..
I will be back

Like many others, my season has been a ridiculous, messy series of inconsistant performances and results. I'm in to 2015 as Everton; last year we over-achieved and got European football, had one of the best defences and best attacks... all I did in the summer was improve the midfield, and now, going in to January, I'm 15th in the league, one of the worst defences, and yet unbeaten in Europe. It's insane, and I don't know how to fix it. Formation changes disrupt the harmony, tactical tweaks are largely in-affectual, the strikers don't get any service and the un-changed defence can hardly get in a foot in. I like the challenge of this game, but it's unbelievably frustrating knowing that they only thing I've done is improved the squad.

So I'm 4-0 up with 15 minutes to go against relegation threatened Sunderland with my 2nd place Liverpool side, which includes the likes of Neymar, Cavani etc.
We dominated the game completely up until the.last 15 minutes. Can you guess what happened? Yep..
4-4 draw. Steven Fletcher single handed lay destroying my world class defence. Fletcher suddenly turned into Messi and was banging in 30 yard free kicks and the like.

This to me is not an accurate siimulation. What happened SI?
At the stage I'm in in the game, this would be like Crewe coming back and drawing 4-4 with the Spain national side..

Back