Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
Whats going on guys? any tips or word of sanity to help me before i eat my game

give up and stop playing cuz the game is **** atm.

otherwise focus play down the flanks and put gervinho(replacing gervinho with ben arfa is the best decision ive made when managing arsenal)/ox on the right and then set him and bale as support wingers. i found that with this patch, when i put players like neymar as IFs he didn't ever cut inside but ox set as a support winger was cutting the **** out of the insides all day every day (no he doesnt have the ppm) and almost never crossed the ball

so don't expect them to try beat their man and cross, because they'll definitely cut-inside no matter what you've set them to do and then try to dribble past the whole world. and ridiculous as that sounds theres a good chance they'll score so i'm dead serious about what i just said.

also sell walcott he's especially **** with this ME since he can't dribble past 6 guys, the ME won't let him cross and he won't get service from anyone playing as a striker BUT i got like 20 mil from selling him to liverpool.

also set pieces have improved this patch so set giroud/strong headers to attack the near post and aim your corners there and make sure cazorla is your first choice free kick taker

good luck

Last edited:
Have resorted to having no long shots on any of my players and having all players CF down to nothing. Still. 17 shots, 9 from range.

half the time there are options ahead of them to play too they just ignore them.

Need to make it for 2013 that you don't need to update if you don't want too.

Yeah i started of with ox and bale as wingers in a supporting role and they did sweet FA. its like there just no cohesion with the team, its like qpr when mark hughes was manager, just get any old 11 players and let the have a thrash. but yeah i get what your saying. maybe a team full of ppl with 20 as their long shot stat would help lol.

5 matches into the new season and apparently some of my players are in need of a rest! WTF???? Oh, and the ones who don't need a rest are away on international duty, yet I have to play the next fixture without any of them! Realism?????

When you wanna make the match statistics and scores more realistic you don't just mess the players ai to make them stupid.

They tried to make the final stats for each match look like real life football by making the way the players play in the game more unreal!
I think it has to do with the unability to make the defenders actually defend in this match engine, so instead they ruined the attacking aspect of the game to bring it to balance.
Top midfielders cannot even play the "obvious" easy passes to unmarked teammates in front of them at the right moment, instead they shoot from distance even when you tell them not to... (English is not my native language but I think I know what "rarely" means), or they just give it back to the fullback (for the tenth time in the same possession.)

Despite all this I'm still hoping for a new update that might change things a little bit.
Haven't give up just yet.

"Okay I've managed to get the crash to reproduce, the coding team are aware of the issue and are looking into a fix. It will be in the next update, however I can't say exactly when that will be yet. Hopefully relatively soon. Apologies you encountered this in your save.''

That's so SI. Bought a product, can't enjoyed cause it's flawed. Basically can't play my 50$ FM till the next update. So stop defending this game people, there are lots of guys like me who payed to get F*****:(

I dont know if this has been put down before but,

I have jut gone into my 3rd season with the spurs. we have been successful just winning our first premier league title. however we have been lacking a great striker.

All the way through the second half of the last season falcao has been expressing interest in coming to our club. we didn't have the money at the time but i kept on speaking about him in the media and he was always saying that the desperatly wants to leave his club and come to spurs......

Now that the transfer market has opened, he has no interest........ I DONT UNDERSTAND......

"Okay I've managed to get the crash to reproduce, the coding team are aware of the issue and are looking into a fix. It will be in the next update, however I can't say exactly when that will be yet. Hopefully relatively soon. Apologies you encountered this in your save.''

That's so SI. Bought a product, can't enjoyed cause it's flawed. Basically can't play my 50$ FM till the next update. So stop defending this game people, there are lots of guys like me who payed to get F*****:(

It's always had it's flaws pointed out. You just have to go through the thread, or the Update thread.

I've never recorded a goal or put anything on Youtube before but I am seriously tempted to do so now!

First pre season game with Hamburg, 2-0 up and the team is playing well until...........

They have a free-kick inside their own half, the player plays it forward to a team mate on the halfway line who gives it straight back to him. My player closes him down quickly so he hoofs the ball forward.

Why am I annoyed? Because that hoofed clearance flew straight over the top of Rene Adler who stood rooted to his 6 yard box and made no attempt to save it.

This is what I hate, I'm yet to get past January and its because of **** like this. I just don't want to continue knowing that things like this can happen!

sooooo dissapointed with this game just managed to get notts co promoted after 3 seasons in lge 1.been on si forums for 7 years and because i posted 2 comments on how rubbish the me is i got banned with no warning nothing. what a way to treat acustomer whos bought every version i could go on and express my frustrations but as you can see from above its not being beaten in matches its just what everyone else has said before me.so peed off im gonna boot up age of empires 3 for the next fortnight at least!!!

Lets just face it the time has come

CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER BORN 1993

FOOTBALL MANAGER DIED 2012

RIP MY DEAR FRIEND

And in fairness games are getting worse in general in my opinion

fifa gets wilder every year
the new call of duty black ops 2 is flawed
and this fm2013...well you all know about this pile

And in fairness games are getting worse in general in my opinion

fifa gets wilder every year
the new call of duty black ops 2 is flawed
and this fm2013...well you all know about this pile

age of empires 3 ITS THE FUTURE!!!

Lol never tried it, my mrs just about copes with footy man, i think that would finish her haha.
I will never give up on footy manager tho, its not just a game, its a part of living....in the same capacity as oxygen haha....this games making me insane....ah dear theres always tmra.....maybe start with the mighty stockport county...."live the dream"

Lol never tried it, my mrs just about copes with footy man, i think that would finish her haha.
I will never give up on footy manager tho, its not just a game, its a part of living....in the same capacity as oxygen haha....this games making me insane....ah dear theres always tmra.....maybe start with the mighty stockport county...."live the dream"

its just so annoying i had about 20 games left to play and went up with 78 points on the last day of the season!! every game has same ritual shots=25 (on tgt=10 off tgt =15 of which 10 are long shots and 5 hit woodwork) no fun whatsoever anymore no through balls for last 20 games allplayers l/s on rarely yet i seeteams like wycombe and chesterfield getting through balls against me every game i mean come on this is all i posted on si and got banned!!!

just bought fifa manager 2013, the reslts don't seem to be very realistic, buthen agin they'r not in footy manager 2013 an at last i looks good

I really want to rage quit.

Johnstone Paint Trophy final and I really want to rage quit this because to me this is ridiculous.

View attachment 295152

Currently managing Brentford just won the League 1, and I wanted to win the JTP (even though it's a nothing trophy).

Their keeper (called fon Williams) just had the best game of his life.

Without a doubt, the most frustrating game I've ever had on FM13.

Johnstone Paint Trophy final and I really want to rage quit this because to me this is ridiculous.

View attachment 295152

Currently managing Brentford just won the League 1, and I wanted to win the JTP (even though it's a nothing trophy).

Their keeper (called fon Williams) just had the best game of his life.

Without a doubt, the most frustrating game I've ever had on FM13.
Exactly what's been happening to everybody else IMHO. Let me guess you had 15 shots outside the area and hit the post/crossbar at least 5 times mate...

Right. So far I've been sat on the fence with this new FM but now enough is enough. It's **** and I hate it. Officially. Now don't think I'm going to go into a rant about the match engine being bugged because I fully understand that this is not the reason that I cannot enjoy this game. The reason I cannot enjoy this game is because it's just too hard.
I'm not being mardy here, far from it, but I have a full time job, a daughter and a life outside the virtual world of football management so I have no time to study and attempt to decipher the frankly quite pathetic scouting reports and spend hours ******* about just to try and crack what is at the end of the day, a computer game. SI have completely ****** up something that has been an absolute pleasure to play for so many years and I am not going to pay anymore of my money for a game that I cannot enjoy. And as far as FMC goes, the whole appeal of FM is its depth so why should I compromise when SI have ****** up what wasn't broken in the first place.

Right. So far I've been sat on the fence with this new FM but now enough is enough. It's **** and I hate it. Officially. Now don't think I'm going to go into a rant about the match engine being bugged because I fully understand that this is not the reason that I cannot enjoy this game. The reason I cannot enjoy this game is because it's just too hard.
I'm not being mardy here, far from it, but I have a full time job, a daughter and a life outside the virtual world of football management so I have no time to study and attempt to decipher the frankly quite pathetic scouting reports and spend hours ******* about just to try and crack what is at the end of the day, a computer game. SI have completely ****** up something that has been an absolute pleasure to play for so many years and I am not going to pay anymore of my money for a game that I cannot enjoy. And as far as FMC goes, the whole appeal of FM is its depth so why should I compromise when SI have ****** up what wasn't broken in the first place.

Thus ends the sermon for today.

amen

Back