Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
I'm patient with FM, it is one of the only games I've played over the last 4 years. I consider myself to be 'good' at it. FM13 is much more frustrating. Late goals even when you park the bus. Going to contain is pretty much guaranteed to surrender 3 goals in 5 minutes. Leading a huge rep team 2-1 with only injury time left, you're pretty much guaranteed to surrender a goal or two...your keeper will start kicking it straight to their **** striker...I understand making it tough and that is a good thing, but don't do it by just having the ME just go completely cheating level bogus...this is IMO the worst of the series that I have played.

This new patch is absolute horses*t...I'm quitting before I smash my **** computer.

I swear this game has got worse not better... The match engine is just a complete joke! Playing earlier and regardless of how I set up my team do whatever the **** they want (which most of the time is nothing...) I play a 3 man center-mid with passing of 15 as a minimum yet can they find each other with a 5 yard pass? No constantly pass the ball to the opposition and set up their attack.

The other thing that drives me mad is that no matter how the opposition set up the constantly have 10 men behind the ball when they defend and have near enough every man in my half when they attack. Also I set my team to close down all over. Do they? No they just tend to watch the other team play around them and afford them as much space as possible yet when my team has the ball my players are constantly hassled and closed down.

Another thing I noticed is regardless of how close the stats of the match are like shots or possession wise I only ever see the oppositions attacks. I had a match where I supposedly had 30 shots to their 7. I saw all 7 of their attacks and about 4 of mine...

I wouldn't mind losing so much on this game if it seemed justified but most of the time it comes down to mistakes from my defence/goalkeeper (to which I will add it seems whoever I play are pretty much prefect when it comes to playing football).

This is by far the worst version of FM I have played and I have played them all solidly since 2005. Some serious work needs to be done before I can be bothered putting time into this game again.

everyone has the same problem, we watch a boring match where u hardly see any chances and your like wtf!!! game ends go to match stats and aparently i dominated them, wait what? i never seen any chances for god sake......quit game.

Don't know if this is a glitch or not.

Just watched my goalkeeper let a 30+ yard shot fly right over his head without moving, I don't mind so much if he got caught out by the shot, but I would at least like some sort of despairing dive sort of animation, because it really wasn't going fast enough (or curling enough) to leave him completely stranded, annoying when you see these moments that take away from the realism (GKs not making any sort of effort to save a shot, not the GK making a mistake).

Ive been tooling around with FMH 13 since it came out and like many people here my results are really 'all over the place'--- beating top team in league 4-0 then, a week later, with same lineuo and formation lose at home to last place team 5-1 and surrender 3 goals in first 4 mintes. Also, getting sacked in Janaury while team has high morale and is in 4th place. I know that the handheld version is much different than the 'full' version. I admit Im knew to FM but I honestly enjoyed FIFA 12's manager mode much more---- granted its not nearly as deep' and involved as FM but results seemed to make more sense. I think Im gonna get the pc version of FM 13 and give it another chance.

Don't bother. It's just as bad on PC! Slower than FM12, less realistic than FM12 and more frustrating.

Playing as Leeds and I've just drawn 3-3 away at Sheffield Wednesday, after being 3-0 up after 60 minutes. Jay Bothroyd gets three sloppy goals and we're back down to 22nd after four games.

Useless ******* slow cunting defence.

Thank God for an international break to get into shape.

My biggest frustration is feeling like I am having to combat the game's bugs rather than my opponent's football team.

******* joke.

Network game is so slow with an unbelieveable amount of LAG my laptop is two weeks old. I cant remember when a network game was this slow.
The ME has regressed on my games, i'm getting no two highlights per game and generally watching the clock tick away.
I've never seen so many bizzare passes from my defenders and goal keeper straight to the other teams striker.

Being forced to take latest patch with no choice is a joke. Before this patch i was enjoying my game and no i cannot be bothered. I dont want to take part in this Agile development. I almost feel like im part of the testing process.

yes the game is tested but clearly after this amount of patches SI have to ask some serious questions. the first one should be "Does using steam to release game give us a licence to release an incomplete game and just update the game ***** nilly as the year goes in without any consideration for the customer who have spent money on it"

It took me a while to start enjoying FM2013, but i did start enjoying it.... then all of a sudden BANG! this new patch has ruined the whole game play in my opinion!!

Too many long shots
Shots go in through the keeper
set the target man to run onto ball but players cant even thread the passes through now
and i could go on

after this latest patch i feel well and truly let down

I'm not a freaking hater. But believe me, i'm starting to hate, hate FM, hate SI, hate Miles and above all, HATE patches(fixes)!
So I bought FM for my birthday, 19 november, without knowing It will break my spirit. Soon I discovered that the game isn't playable, central defenders were useless, my wingbacks acted like retarded kids on a Christmas morning, to sum it up, ME was s**t. Okay(said to myself), don't worry, happens every year, the boys will fix it. And they did(sort of). I became to enjoy my Juventus save, that untill 2014, when suddenly, the game crashed, couldn't get pass 2nd of July or something. Okay, this is bad, really bad, maybe if I will update the game my save will be fixed. And I did. Man i regret that decision. New patch, new match engine, a whole new level of shi******s. No through balls, no headers, no highlights, NO GOALS!!! And this is not the worst thing. So the changed the ME so the game could resemble as much as possible reality, yeah? that was the excuse. Let me give you a couple of examples:
Pescara finishing second in Serie A
Atalanta third
Roma and Inter got relegated(in the first season)
Real winning La Liga 27 points ahead of Barcelona
Galatasaray winning Champions League(thrashed Barca 5-1)
etc.
I promised myself I will never buy a copy of FM, I'm starting to think that FIFA MANAGER is an option(just to give you an idea of how desperate I am)

Virtually done with this game.

-Players don't seem to listen - I tell them not to shoot from distance or cut inside and they do it time after time again...
-Too many long shots
-EVERY goal I concede is from a cross.
-GKs are abysmal.
-Players seem to just run 40-50yds with the ball, get to the edge of the box and instead of passing, they lose it or shoot and it goes miles wide. Then the opposition does it, 1 player runs 50yds pass 6-7 of my players and scores :/
-Full backs are awful and always seem to get the lowest ratings in the team.
-Team talks always negative or have no effect.
-Players lack intelligence - I've seen many just run the ball out of play or head it straight to an opponent when they have time to control and play a simple pass.
-Players seem reluctant to tackle, they just stand there and back off. All my opponents seem to keep the ball for minutes, I get it and lose it within seconds (including the kickoff).

Have tried different teams and different tactics, but same old, same old. Very annoyed. This is the best FM to date, but the ME is one of the worst.

Last edited:
i give up playing this game! i have tried and tried to be patient with this game but it sucks.

Si have ruined what was once a fun game to play by bringing in the whole how you run your team BS! the whole point of me playing the game was have fun but this game just takes the p**s in my opinion. **** shame seems i have played this game for many years and really enjoyed it.

but i simply cannot take FM13 anymore!!

The match engine Is unbearable.

I didnt mind It being abit dodgy the first time round as It was the first time trying It out, fair enough, this Is now the 3rd/4th year with the ability to watch the match and Its got even worse! Its like my players are stupid, they will be running with the ball and then just leave It behind randomly. Goal I just conceded: long ball over the top, my defender has a 7 or 8 yard head start, jogs to the ball, just wins it, but stands there instead of clearing it, gets tackled, then backs away from It, the other player gets it and scores.

I mean wtf

Have you ever watched 'world class defender' David Luiz? That kind of goal happens fairly regularly in the real world surely? ;)

Top of the league, 100% winning record, not conceded a goal. Next game, in which for some reason I'm playing in my 3rd kit at home, 18 shots, 12 on target, 3 CCCs, 60% possession, 81% pass completion, 10 corners to 1. Can anyone guess the result....of course you can.....lost 1-0 to an added time goal! The 100% record was, of course, before the latest update. So it looks like you have to start a new save with every update, coz perfectly prepared tactics suddenly go down the pan as the game gets more "realistic"!

And to top it all I discovered I can only play one season of Football Manager 2013, because I can't get past 2 july 2013(tried 3 saves in a row, same crash dump error). Nice SI, very nice. Man, the things I could do to the developers of this **** called Football Manager.

And to top it all I discovered I can only play one season of Football Manager 2013, because I can't get past 2 july 2013(tried 3 saves in a row, same crash dump error). Nice SI, very nice. Man, the things I could do to the developers of this **** called Football Manager.

Oh how I wish I could get as far as 2 July 2013! It has now become my sole ambition, to complete the first season on FM13 without getting sacked!

Current frustration is why on earth my 2 central defenders can't defend and think they must actually be conjoined twins.

Now this is my first post on here but with 14 years of fm/champ manager experience(think my first game was champ manager 3) under my belt i feel im more that capable of playing this game, now i usually take on challenges of lower league teams rather than a "big" team. But on this new game i thought, i like arsenals young squad so il give them a whirl. i was sacked by december......only way i won was like 4-3 on 5-4. signed bale for 32 mill, thought that was decent. my issue is all my players long shot setting is rarely but i have 70% long shots per game. I have 60%+ possession and 25+ shots but to no avail. i ws 15th on league, p16.....w3....d3...L10!!

My team
Gk(D)-Sceczny
Rb(D)-Sagna
Cb(D)-Koscielny
Cb(D)-Vermaelen
Lb(D)-Gibbs
Cm(S)- Wilshere
Cm(AP)- Cazorla
Cm(D)- Ramsey/Arteta
RW/IF(A)- Walcott/Oxlade-chamberlain
LW/IF(A)- Bale
ST(Poacher)(A)- Podolski/Giroud