Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
Johnstone Paint Trophy final and I really want to rage quit this because to me this is ridiculous.

View attachment 295152

Currently managing Brentford just won the League 1, and I wanted to win the JTP (even though it's a nothing trophy).

Their keeper (called fon Williams) just had the best game of his life.

Without a doubt, the most frustrating game I've ever had on FM13.

It seems that the only stat that matters now is Average rating! However much a team gets battered, if their gk or a defender plays a blinder Av. Rat goes up and they aren't allowed to lose!

Playing as Havant & Waterloville on both Full and Classic

On full mode my players just play like 10 year olds in the park on a sunday morning. They don't really tackle or want to get involved. My players also seam to be made of tissue paper. Only have to breeth next to one and they are down for the count.

In classic I have the SAME squad and staff. Yet i can win some games and not doing aweful so far. (屮゚Д゚)屮 "%**&$&"

I'm glad I dont have any children yet or they would be learning new words..

My only frustration with the latest patch is the ridiculous amount of long shots, even when I set individual instructions to never shott from range they still do. Then they flick two fingers up at me in the dugout after they've done it. Just played the first leg of my Europa play off game and this is what I mean

View attachment 296013

It's not the match engine. the engine just processes your tactics and players and creates a game. If your defenders are playing like ****, it's because you haven't sorted out your tactics. Stop moaning and try and improve your squad.

long shots set to rarely + use work ball box shout - nani proceeds to do these retarded long shots from the most retarded distances. but it must be my tactics right? even though i've done all i've possible could within the tactic to try stop this idiocy except for subbing the guy off to try stop this vomit inducing spectacle. just kidding no matter who you put on the wing, they will still continue to run with the ball and shoot through a bunch of defenders from distance

Last edited:
I had to jinx my post from 20+ pages back, but still in Classic Mode as Man Utd, it is now impossible to score penalties in open play! It's been constant for the last two seasons with a variety of high-stat takers, all of whom either miss or the keeper saves it. The best I can hope for is to score on the rebound and that hardly ever happens (story of my life..)

The other problem is that for the last three seasons, my Match Training tactics have been stuck on Defensive Set Pieces and even if you change them, NOTHING makes it stick, not even saving the game and reloading it!

On the plus side I'm 7 seasons in and it's all about the Regens and some amazing youth-team graduates, although it has meant I've won the league by a mile every year since 2014!

This game can best be summed up like the girl with the curl in the middle of her forehead:

When it's good, it's very good
When it's bad, it's f-ing horrible.

I wonder if we can coax James the Angry Nerd into reviewing this game...

Pretty much as I posted, I got to CL final time, and the game now says that two venues are hosting the same match at the same time, but not even Roberto Carlos could kick a ball from Munich to Athens oO)

'Worst Match Engine of the Year' award.

worst_award_small.jpg

I don't know...maybe it's just me...but....the players,aren't they a little too FREAKING overpriced?!

this View attachment 296476 resulted in View attachment 296477 + falcao had his penalty saved in extra time.

first leg was also pretty ridiculous: View attachment 296481

reduced to 9 men after 70 mins and that idiot got sent off within the first 4 minutes so he didnt even recieve a rating LOL. tbh i don't think id be so annoyed if he just got a straight red, rather than 2 yellows in 4 mins.

gonna sim the rest of this piece of **** season

Last edited:
"Shot again. Shot again. I dare you. I double-dare you Argentina. Shot one more ******* time." (H)

mh3olz.png

This game is utterly ridiculous and fed up of people saying the game can't determine between user and AI inputs in a game. To be honest whatever you do in the game is irrelevant anyway! The match is decided before you play it! I played Hull 10 times in a row with my Newcastle team using a formation that has beat the likes of Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, PSG, Porto in the CL. I lost to them 10 times in a row regardless of using my best team (not that they should be needed against Hull!) In one game it went to penalties and for some reason Tiote was in goal... I made no tactical input for this to happen! Some games it seems to matter how you set up to play regardless of class of player or formation used you will lose. The only way I see round this set up is to mess them up in the RTE (not that I would do this but better that than the Laptop going through a window) but even then it probably still wouldn't make a difference!

One last thing does anyone find that a basic 4-4-2 seems to be the best formation? Every team I play against with this I struggle against and they are epic! They defend in numbers and attack in numbers and no matter how I try to exploit this its completely redundant most the time.

key players get injured in crucial moments. and the ball hits woodwork way too much!

This game. That's my biggest frustration.

So I beat Chelsea 3-0 away from home, brilliant performance, not a single rating under 7.5.
Reading away next game... anyone guess the score? It was 7, no typo, SEVEN-0 to Reading 70 minutes into the game until I rage quit... Ridiculous - I used the exact same tactics I destroyed Chelsea with.

But tactics shouldn't even be an issue with my team. I'm a Liverpool side that's just won the champions league and premier league last season, with players like Cavani, Isco, The Ox, Griezmann, Benat, Poli, Vertonghen, Alaba, Ben Arfa... and SI are really telling me that I've conceded 7 goals away to reading by the 70th minute?

O_O I'm sure someone will reply telling me I'm rubbish at the game or something, but seriously - what happened SI?
How can I possibly lose 7-0 (could have even been more) away to Reading when I've just won the champions league?

oh yeah another 1, the game`s match-making is a ***** yo. why the f do my team (swansea) always meet big teams in cup matches?

Back