Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
it seems this version of FM you can have a really good start to a season unlike any previous FM.. however once i get one bad result that is it.. no matter what i do, change to counter or defensive, do team meetings.. the team just doesnt play and start losing every game even against very weak sides... its so frustrating now!!!

Up 0-2 away at City and this win would finally give Liverpool the Premier League title, but then Downing gets sent off and we lose 3-2 and the title slips away :(

Up 0-2 away at City and this win would finally give Liverpool the Premier League title, but then Downing gets sent off and we lose 3-2 and the title slips away :(

Just sounds like a typical Man City match to me! They've done it so often!

it seems this version of FM you can have a really good start to a season unlike any previous FM.. however once i get one bad result that is it.. no matter what i do, change to counter or defensive, do team meetings.. the team just doesnt play and start losing every game even against very weak sides... its so frustrating now!!!

That's so true! Glad it's not just me! On vitually every save so far I've had a vey good start. Either unbeaten or losing maybe 1 or 2 into mid-October, which means I'm in the top 2 or 3 in the league table. Then I get the dreaded "easy win pridicted" message coz I've got a bottom 4 side at home next. No prizes for guessing what happens next and within a month I'm sacked! I've only made it past Xmas once so far in 9 saves since I started on FM13!

So far in this save I have won 10 out of 11 matches played, including pre-season friendlies and a cup match. So we all know where this is going!

To be honest I'm over this game now. Can't be bothered to waste my time with it. Thinking of re-installing 2012 or finding something else to play.

I hope they do get this series back on track but if not then its the end of an era for me.

Until 2014 it is!

This is the hardest liverpool yet man, i know the geeks have got it sorted but i havent.
1 How can players all seem confused when at half time you tell them not to become complacent with the lead ??
2 Why is the interaction with other managers still really basic ?
3 Why cant you release press statements about your players or greedy agents or about your ego ?
Only saying this cause i cannot win yet.

I have read through the thread and I am (annoyingly) happy to see that it is not just me having horrendous problems getting my team to win. I started out as Wolves, with a board expectation of pushing for promotion/play offs, who have a decent strength squad for a championship team. I have just been sacked as manager at the start of December (season 1) having not won a single league game. Played 16, won 0, drawn 6, lost 10. No matter what tactics I tried didn't change anything. I would often find myself one goal up with ten minutes to go and go onto lose the match.

I have been playing FM since 2001/2002 season and have never encountered anything as difficult as this! Really enjoyed previous versions of this game (even though each year they become more and more complicated) but FM13 is literally unplayable!

If a patch doesn't fix this major problem with the game then I'm not sure I will invest in any subsequent titles. There have been a number of people claiming they haven't experienced any problems and the game is great, but I can't help but feel that reading through the thread the vast majority of people have got the same problems and surely THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED!

Rant Over

That's so true! Glad it's not just me! On vitually every save so far I've had a vey good start. Either unbeaten or losing maybe 1 or 2 into mid-October, which means I'm in the top 2 or 3 in the league table. Then I get the dreaded "easy win pridicted" message coz I've got a bottom 4 side at home next. No prizes for guessing what happens next and within a month I'm sacked! I've only made it past Xmas once so far in 9 saves since I started on FM13!

So far in this save I have won 10 out of 11 matches played, including pre-season friendlies and a cup match. So we all know where this is going!

Guess what....lost next 4 in a row! Shock horror! I've even started listening to my scouts and assistant manager! They say this player is the danger man. We have to pay special attention to him. So......I set instruction for him to tight marking, closing down, hard tackling and show on to weaker foot......and......I get beat 3-1 at home, and guess who scores a hat-trick!!! Whoever it was that said the results were set before the match starts seems to have a point! I have done everything the "experts" suggest. I react to everything my AM tells me during a game and even before a game, but still it's going the same way as always! Lose 1 game and you have to lose 4, then you're on that slippery slope! Then again, as the "experts" will say, I'm "obviously doing something wrong", even though I've taken every piece of advice on board and followed it to the nth degree!

Guess what....lost next 4 in a row! Shock horror! I've even started listening to my scouts and assistant manager! They say this player is the danger man. We have to pay special attention to him. So......I set instruction for him to tight marking, closing down, hard tackling and show on to weaker foot......and......I get beat 3-1 at home, and guess who scores a hat-trick!!! Whoever it was that said the results were set before the match starts seems to have a point! I have done everything the "experts" suggest. I react to everything my AM tells me during a game and even before a game, but still it's going the same way as always! Lose 1 game and you have to lose 4, then you're on that slippery slope! Then again, as the "experts" will say, I'm "obviously doing something wrong", even though I've taken every piece of advice on board and followed it to the nth degree!

By the way, after their shock defeat to QPR, I'm now expecting Chelsea to lose 5 on the trot.............coz that's what happens in the real game.........isn't it?

hey guys i dont no if this is meant to go here but i need to say and its really doing my head in now. rite ok so when i get messages after like a game all i get is players being transfer listed everytime, for example- this player as been transfer listed by this agent!! and i carnt find a setting anywhere on how to change it???? plz can sum1 help me out :( thanx

please fix this game please.i am sorry but i have never had to complain about fm after buying every single version from the very first 1,but what has happend to fm 13 my god.yes there was always a few bugs in previous versions that where always fixed to make a very enjoyable game,this year i just cant see how you are going to fix this mess,just so many problems with the game that i will list for you.
me-looks like players are on an ice rink
ball movement is bad
too many shots hit post or bar
3 defenders run to winger all the time and just stand and not 1 of them tackle
midfielder just sheilds the ball untill tackled and looks stupid.
goalkeepers are not very good
too many stupid own goals
tactics dont seem to make any difference
team talks all too often get no response
all my new signings always play **** and morale always poor just after signing,i know sometimes it takes a new player time to settle,but not every signing.
you only seem to get decent results when you go a top team in that league.
if i can think of any more i will let you know.
just to say i am really dissapointed with this game,but i still have some faith you must be able to turn this round.

1 How can players all seem confused when at half time you tell them not to become complacent with the lead ??
2 Why is the interaction with other managers still really basic ?
3 Why cant you release press statements about your players or greedy agents or about your ego ?
Only saying this cause i cannot win yet.

1: I hate that, whether you're winning 1-0 or 4-0, the message should be clear to any sensible player, it isn't going to confuse or make a player "switch off" when you say that - so much for realism!

2: I hate manager interaction, I think it's window dressing and a waste of time, as you say it's very basic and appears to have no profound or lasting effect aside from making a player not want to play for you if he's already playing for the other guy, and unless you want to be Jose Mourinho and **** off everybody, that doesn't happen often enough to make it worthwhile in my opinion.

3: don't give SI more ideas to cover up their lack of innovation! ;)

I think I'm done with FM2013. I just can't get on with it. They've upped the level of realism but as far as I'm concerned that has happened at the expense of playability and enjoyment.

how can a football match have NO clear cut chances to either team? I am liverpool and playing gerrard behind suarez so i expect to create some clear cut chances but to my amazement not 1. in real life gerrard and the liverpool team would create a fair few, but this game is just shocking on all levels.

I have been a fan from way back in the CM days and can't fault Sigames for the sterling work they have done over the years, but my God they have really dropped the ball on this one. I am an English teacher abroad living not too far from the Siberian border and sometimes a warm cup of coffee and a few hours on FM just about keeps me sane.

Last years version was the first I had let slip as my 30 year reign as Champions with Spurs was still going strong and I didn't want to let my game go. This year was different..signed up for Beta and have loved this version more than the others, never had a problem apart from the crash on exit, but thats no problem at all.

This one was a real challenge, started a few games over the first few weeks and finally got to grips with the tactics, then it has been an enjoyable 3 months getting into my first few years of this new FM13, very enjoyable, more taxing than before... difficult to buy up all the great Regens and needing to tweak tactics when they become a bit more tuned in to your way of playing. In a nutshell I was very impressed with this years game.

Then they started messing around with it, I came home to 2 updates in a week I think, first one turned my wingers into monsters..which was oddly fun for a few days and then this latest one has made me actually turn the game off and refuse to go back to it for the first time in over a decade, a real mess!

It was at the end of November 2015 in my game so as my Wingers were now Nerfed and incapable of following ANY of my instructions, I loaded my previous July save, sold all my wingers and went for a more compact formation like the one I used in FM11, a small improvement but now no-one follows match orders, defenders don't challenge anymore. Penalties have become laughable, It's like the crossbar challenge every bleeding game and shots are going anywhere but on goal(AND this is with Cavani, Traore, Ademilson and Defoe) the tactics and ME has become no less than a joke, when IMHO there was sod all wrong with it in the first place.

I can't figure out how an intelligent person could of actually gone to his bosses with THIS match Engine, sat there and shown it in action without everybody in the room seeing with their own eyes that this was just down right awful and about half a dozen steps back from what should be acceptable, I still repeat there was very little if not nothing wrong with the game I had been enjoying for the past 3 months, nothing at all, a fine piece of work.

I have never posted before and will probs never post again, just feel so **** frustrated with what they have managed to do, without checking that it was actually going to do something apart from balls up their work completely...switched off in anger 10 minutes ago after seeing another inept display..can't score with 32 attempts, 4 bar strikes and 1 saved penalty..a nice row of yellow cards in the match ticker though even though there were only 2 in game I think there were 8 or 9 down there.

At least on the other previous versions pre-steam days, we could roll back or select what updates we wanted to use...the system we have now NEEDS much better quality control before lumping the masses with an inept and poorly programmed update and sadly I repeat they have managed to bust something that was perfectly fine for the majority before.

Made a triple substitution after 63 minutes including bringing on Ademilson. Ademilson gets injured after 65 minutes.

I haven't had a penalty yet, while I have conceded 7 and it's only November. I don't have hard tackling and the ones I concede are always innocuous, where as my players seem to get chopped to the ground and nothing...

My real problem with this game is the realism; they have created a game so close to real life football it's quite amazing. But I don't want to play real-life football manager, I want to play a GAME where I can take swindon into the champions league - ridiculous as it is, this is what's kept us buying the game for so many years.

Back