Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
My real problem with this game is the realism; they have created a game so close to real life football it's quite amazing. But I don't want to play real-life football manager, I want to play a GAME where I can take swindon into the champions league - ridiculous as it is, this is what's kept us buying the game for so many years.

I think that this is the main point people are unhappy with. FM11 and 12 would have been relly close to realism to but as there where so many enine flaws to abuse, people could still make this marvelous journey without having to study the game closely. This has lead to that once these exploiting have been ironed out, there is a build up lack of understanding on how the game was really intended to work since it actually did not work as intended before.

One more from me. Can anybody tell me how you hold onto a lead - just drew with coventry, battered them 15 shots, 5 CCC's, then they score in the 90th. This is about the 4/5th time it's happened and it's only November! The worst thing is I know it's going to happen, when we get to the last 10 minutes the opposition just hammer us and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to stop it - go defensive, just invites pressure, go attacking, opens up space.

One more from me. Can anybody tell me how you hold onto a lead - just drew with coventry, battered them 15 shots, 5 CCC's, then they score in the 90th. This is about the 4/5th time it's happened and it's only November! The worst thing is I know it's going to happen, when we get to the last 10 minutes the opposition just hammer us and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to stop it - go defensive, just invites pressure, go attacking, opens up space.

If we discuss it here, then this thread will turn into an discussion thread full of arguments and as this is the place where people should be able to went their frustration without being argued with, I think its best to stop a floodgate scenario now by posting in the Tactic section :D
Remember to post enough information for use to be able to help you

Cheers

I think that this is the main point people are unhappy with. FM11 and 12 would have been relly close to realism to but as there where so many enine flaws to abuse, people could still make this marvelous journey without having to study the game closely. This has lead to that once these exploiting have been ironed out, there is a build up lack of understanding on how the game was really intended to work since it actually did not work as intended before.

I kind of understand what you are saying but, this is a game and should remain as so. You shouldn't need to be an expert in football to achieve success in a game; it should help you progress quicker and better if you are but it shouldn't be a prerequisite. I don't know anything about the army but I can still complete Call of Duty. FM2013 is a game, not real life and as hard as it tries it will never truly replicate football, it should focus on being fun rather than being real.

Ok, quick ***** time. You notice how sometimes your defenders just go completely dumb? In my tottenham save, every once in a while, a defender will just stand there as the ball rolls THROUGH him, and the striker just runs right past him. Once, my goalkeeper (Hugo Lloris, for god's sake!) just decided to chill and stare at the ball as it rolled past him to sit right in front of the net until a striker tapped it in. GAH!

Ok, let me expand on this. My last game against WBA, at home, I lost 3-1. They only had three shots on target and two CCCs (no 1/2 chances), and they scored all three times. I, on the other hand, had 6 CCCs, 12 half chances, and 15 shots on goal. What the ****.

Strange season this one. Won first 4 games on the trot scoring a total of 10 goals. Morale and confidence was very high, So obviously I lose the next 6 games on the bounce, managing to score just 3 goals in the process, whilst having all my forwards on finishing practice! This is then followed by 3 0-0 draws! So since starting to analyze the opposition and use tactics that had been successful against them when used by their previous opponents, I have amassed the grand total of 3 points and 3 goals from 9 games! It appears that my players are spending so much time concentrating on nullifying the opposition that they have little time to do anything constructive and that, with added finishing training, my forwards now couldn't hit a barn door with a machine gun!

Any ideas anyone? Should I go gung ho as in previous versions and just try blasting my way out, a la Keegan's Newcastle, or continue to do the in depth stuff on the opposition and bore myself to death?

One more thing, I have 4 Left-Backs in my squad, 3 of them experienced and 1 a youngster. Within a week, 3 of them get long term injuries! Bet you can't guess which 3! leaving me to struggle on with the youngster having to play every game, however tired he gets! Has anyone else had one of these positionally targeted injury crises? I seem to get one in every save! Personally I would put this down to bad luck and coincidence, whereas someone more paranoid and synical might suggest it was scripted!

Ok, let me expand on this. My last game against WBA, at home, I lost 3-1. They only had three shots on target and two CCCs (no 1/2 chances), and they scored all three times. I, on the other hand, had 6 CCCs, 12 half chances, and 15 shots on goal. What the ****.

Good not agree more, last four games I have had more possession and at least 6 more shots than each opposition (around 18/22 chances) with at least 3 CCC per game - three 1-1 draws followed by a 2-1 loss. Now, I don't mind it happening every now and then, sure it happens in real life but every f#**ing game. RRRRR

Strange season this one. Won first 4 games on the trot scoring a total of 10 goals. Morale and confidence was very high, So obviously I lose the next 6 games on the bounce, managing to score just 3 goals in the process, whilst having all my forwards on finishing practice! This is then followed by 3 0-0 draws! So since starting to analyze the opposition and use tactics that had been successful against them when used by their previous opponents, I have amassed the grand total of 3 points and 3 goals from 9 games! It appears that my players are spending so much time concentrating on nullifying the opposition that they have little time to do anything constructive and that, with added finishing training, my forwards now couldn't hit a barn door with a machine gun!

Any ideas anyone? Should I go gung ho as in previous versions and just try blasting my way out, a la Keegan's Newcastle, or continue to do the in depth stuff on the opposition and bore myself to death?

One more thing, I have 4 Left-Backs in my squad, 3 of them experienced and 1 a youngster. Within a week, 3 of them get long term injuries! Bet you can't guess which 3! leaving me to struggle on with the youngster having to play every game, however tired he gets! Has anyone else had one of these positionally targeted injury crises? I seem to get one in every save! Personally I would put this down to bad luck and coincidence, whereas someone more paranoid and synical might suggest it was scripted!

My advice would be to ignore the training practice, whenever I have it on attacking movement we fail to convert chances.

Ok, time for me to add. By biggest gripe is the amount of misplaced passes. Whichever team I play with manages to turn into a sunday league team.... making God knows how many passes during a game to the opposition.

I mean I understand that it is all just a big number crunching exercise, and whether you simulate or watch, the result should be the same. But come on SI. Start making things believable, or you may as well ditch the gloss of a 3D engine.

To continue the story. After 4 consecutive 0-0 draws the game thinks, "we can't have this"! My 2 best defenders are then mysteriously injured in training and Hey Presto, I'm 3-0 down at half-time in the next match, having had 8 shots, 2 on target and 2 CCCs! So I switch from defensive to overload and a 2-3-2-2-1 formation.

After 75 minutes I haven't managed another single shot at goal! Then I score my first goal in over 7 hours, a fluke cross from my Wing back floats straight over their GK and into the net! The game ends 4-2 to them...yes I scored again, when their GK drops one at my CFs feet in the 6 yard box!

The final stats show that I had 12 shots, 4 on target and 2 CCCs! Which means I had twice as many shots at goal in the 1st half when playing a 5-5-0 park the bus tactic as I did when I went overload in the second half! Also, my 2nd goal as described above, apparently wasn't a CCC! An open goal from 3 yards is NOT a CCC? As usual the AI shots on target rate was about 70%, whereas mine was 33%, with all my forwards focussing on finishing in training! I want one of those AI coaches please!

Not surprisingly....I just got the sack!

Gone back to FM12 AGAIN as got fed up with 13 AGAIN.(Not from the lack of trying mind)

The 22 players still appear to have ice skating shoes instead of football boots and are scared to tackle or even go near the ball when defending. I've tried numerous tactics to no avail so i don't want to hear its my lack of tactical knowledge that's making me fail when its blatantly the game is flawed.

The main gripe i have is the enjoyment factor has gone completely, with all the things that are wrong and the fact the 3D engine is so un-enjoyable to watch. Every goal is similar, most conceded goals are from stupid mistakes while most scored are still from tight angles. Goals from long shots are very few and far between, as are well worked passing goals, although Freekicks have improved.

Still, I don't even think ill go back to 13 when they do another patch. Especially as im now back on FM12 and currently unbeaten in the league after 22 games with Man U. And watching the match engine on 12 doesn't make me bored when im winning and frustrated when i don't because of the stupid mistakes.

I hope SI had a good christmas spending all their undeserved bonuses. Fingers crossed they get it sorted for 14.

Last edited:
Midfield regen signed for £20m in the summer. A few games in tears his hamstring, out for three months. Comes back from injury, slowly ease in back in, 2nd match in, tears his hamstring, out for 3 months. **** OFF!

You HAVE to cheat with this game, only way - floodlight failure = RESTART. It cheats you out of so much it's ridiculous, 16 draws this season and 10 of those I have slaughtered the opposition then they get a goal from 0 CCC. no thanks

Player with long shot of 9 scoring a 30 yarder against my top class keeper.

Midfield regen signed for £20m in the summer. A few games in tears his hamstring, out for three months. Comes back from injury, slowly ease in back in, 2nd match in, tears his hamstring, out for 3 months. **** OFF!

Similar thing with me. Signed player who was out for a month with a broken collar bone. He comes back from injury and in his his first reserves game twists his ankle....out for another 6 weeks!

Are their no postponements for international call-ups any more? I'm about to go into a game without my 1st choice goalkeeper, centre-back and striker! I'm sure I've had games called off in the past. What has happened? If I lose I may sue the Football League!!!

I'm getting fed up with things now. Normally I look past the bugs and are a mellow player but my save has gone too **** because of some stupid things. My players wont stop shooting from distance. I've tried it all. Corners are just taken ridiculously aswell for free kicks. MY striker took a penalty wich went in against the keepers hand and it was a corner. Maybe I'll just wait for next patch..

Just got the Park The Bus Achievement after going 5 games without conceding. Next game is at home against bottom of league who have lost their last 6 games and not scored in the last 5! I think we can all guess what's coming...even before we kick off! So, 1st half ends 0-0, I have 10 shots at goal, 9 of them long shots and fail to get a single shot on target! Second half my left winger commits his only 2 fouls in the match, gets a yellow card for each and is sent off! Obviously, having my left winger sent off disrupts my defence???????? And obviously the opposition score twice! I have now switched from control to attacking to overload, but only manage 1 shot at goal in the entire second half, after they were shooting for fun in the 1st half on control!

Goalkeepers, wtf? Hugo Lloris now stands at a mighty 6.2 average rating over 19 appearences. Every other match is a game costing mistake - i've warned him, spoke to him, dropped him and he reacted well but..nothing. Any ideas? Considering selling despite the fact he is world class.

Back