Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
Like many others, my season has been a ridiculous, messy series of inconsistant performances and results. I'm in to 2015 as Everton; last year we over-achieved and got European football, had one of the best defences and best attacks... all I did in the summer was improve the midfield, and now, going in to January, I'm 15th in the league, one of the worst defences, and yet unbeaten in Europe. It's insane, and I don't know how to fix it. Formation changes disrupt the harmony, tactical tweaks are largely in-affectual, the strikers don't get any service and the un-changed defence can hardly get in a foot in. I like the challenge of this game, but it's unbelievably frustrating knowing that they only thing I've done is improved the squad.

Exactly the same situation but with Spurs. First season F.A Cup, 2nd in league, fine. I strengthened over summer, bringing in Gotze/Cavani (Isco/Rodrigo/Adryan first season) , most over 48 months/bonuses as a gamble. Now I'm 7th in Jan, losing games 1-0 in the dying seconds to QPR/Wolves with Lloris on a mighty 6.2 av rating all season but WALKED my champions league group with Juve, Porto and Anderlecht. 5 wins, 1 draw, 16 goals scored, 3 conceeded. What?

Got... ****... Long... Shots!!!

Right now this bug is ruining the gaming experience for me.

Last edited:
i have a save with liverpool saved right before first game of season which is southampton and i have redone that game umpteen times and have yet to win the game engine is seriously buggered its almost impossible to win i have played every version of the game and this is the first version i have not been able to crack ive tried every angle and formation i mean im only playin southampton for frigg sake and im at home u need to release a new patch as i have the feb patch to make the game more easier and realistic yours frustratingly john

i have a save with liverpool saved right before first game of season which is southampton and i have redone that game umpteen times and have yet to win the game engine is seriously buggered its almost impossible to win i have played every version of the game and this is the first version i have not been able to crack ive tried every angle and formation i mean im only playin southampton for frigg sake and im at home u need to release a new patch as i have the feb patch to make the game more easier and realistic yours frustratingly john

Oh dear...Liverpool not being able to win at home against a "little" team....how unrealistic is that?.......hang on a minute......

I'm afraid your problem is that it's TOO realistic now. No doubt you're used to spending your millions at LFC, inserting a plug and play tactic and then expecting to automatically steamroller the little teams! Sorry, but it doesn't work like that any more!

It took a long time to click with me too, but I get it now. The game is miles more realistic now, so you have to treat it like the real thing. Take the opposition into account, listen to your scouts and your assistant, exploit your opponents weaknesses and so on.

In real life Liverpool don't win every game.....so why should you expect to!

Either do what Bladesman said or use a 4-4-2 formation.

So **** annoyed right now, so I got given 20M last night with PSV to qualify for Europa League which is good right. I spent 9.25M on a new left back and 600k on two players on loan then saved an quit the game, so I loaded up the save when I got home earlier only to find that I only had 5M left of the budget instead of 10M and some of my wage budget gone for no apparent reason. That means Seb Bassong's transfer is most likely going to fall through because of this, so frustrating this game.

What's the crack with players running down the byline, getting to the near post and tapping it! How often do you see goals like that?! its happening every other game at the moment :(

Online game with 4 other people, recently changed teams from ManU to Liverpool. Was first in the League with the best attack and defense by far. Got mauled 11-0 by United, and then, with the exact same tactic, won 16 games in a row...

They scored so many goals so fast, i could barely react... The overall stats of the game were similar, but they had 15 shots on goal, and scored 11...

All my scouts left with no warning on contracts running out or even a message to say they've gone, only noticed when I went to scout someone. Some of my coaches too. Erm...

Goals from crosses!!

Ive bought this game on Steam and is my first FM managing game. I have to say that this games ME is totally messed up. The amount of goals that I have conceded from crosses and corners is ridiculous to be honest. I have just played a match where I lost 4-2 and every single goal in that game came from a cross. Players are even scoring headed goals from crosses that have started a yard off the half way line. Im watching the game and when I see a player running down the line about to cross the ball I say to myself, "heres a goal", oh and surprise surprise it is. Also the defending on this game is bad as well. No one puts a foot in to tackle a player. I can't even remember a game where one of my players actually did a slide tackle. All they do is jockey the opposition player and thats it. My team and computer teams do it as well. I had a player from midfield follow another midfielder from the edge of the opposition box all the way to my full back position and not put a foot in to tackle or even attempt to get the ball. Then you can guess what happens next.....cross comes in and goal...what a surprise.

Needs fixing has this is just taking the fun out the game.

3-0 up against QPR inside 20 mins. Suddenly, Toni Kroos handles the ball inside QPR's half and is given a straight red?!?! What?

Ive bought this game on Steam and is my first FM managing game. I have to say that this games ME is totally messed up. The amount of goals that I have conceded from crosses and corners is ridiculous to be honest. I have just played a match where I lost 4-2 and every single goal in that game came from a cross. Players are even scoring headed goals from crosses that have started a yard off the half way line. Im watching the game and when I see a player running down the line about to cross the ball I say to myself, "heres a goal", oh and surprise surprise it is. Also the defending on this game is bad as well. No one puts a foot in to tackle a player. I can't even remember a game where one of my players actually did a slide tackle. All they do is jockey the opposition player and thats it. My team and computer teams do it as well. I had a player from midfield follow another midfielder from the edge of the opposition box all the way to my full back position and not put a foot in to tackle or even attempt to get the ball. Then you can guess what happens next.....cross comes in and goal...what a surprise.

Needs fixing has this is just taking the fun out the game.

If you're annoyed about conceding goals from crosses then do something about it! Close down the opposition's full-backs and wingers and show them onto their weaker foot! In FM13 you have to be both pro-active and reactive. There is no one size fits all wonder tactic anymore. You actually have to think about the game now. Every match is a new challenge. Do your homework on your opponents and choose appropriate tactics to nullify their threats and exploit their weaknesses.

Alternatively, choose Barca or Man U, buy all the best players in the world, win every league and cup on offer and then post on here telling us all what a tactical genius you are! :D

For some reasons I am constantly getting injuries in my team. I'm playing as Nottingham Forrest and I had a 5 straight wins in the first 5 games in the league, but all my players started getting injured and I have been losing points. I'm first in the league but if my woeful form continues I fear I might drop out the promotion race, since my rivals are just 1 or 2 points behind me. I'm LITERALLY GETTING 2 INJURIES PER GAME. I have no idea why this is happening, I have a great physio and fitness coach ( though I can't hire more than 1), my training workload is medium, and I constantly rotate my squad. And ideas why this is happening?

For some reasons I am constantly getting injuries in my team. I'm playing as Nottingham Forrest and I had a 5 straight wins in the first 5 games in the league, but all my players started getting injured and I have been losing points. I'm first in the league but if my woeful form continues I fear I might drop out the promotion race, since my rivals are just 1 or 2 points behind me. I'm LITERALLY GETTING 2 INJURIES PER GAME. I have no idea why this is happening, I have a great physio and fitness coach ( though I can't hire more than 1), my training workload is medium, and I constantly rotate my squad. And ideas why this is happening?

I was having a great season with spurs in 2020 then I started getting injuries in every game too. Couldn't even fully name 7 subs. We still won the League but ended up losing the FA Cup final and CL semifinal. I was also managing England my two up front for England played for me with Spurs. Both got injured and missed the Euros. England lost to Scotland on penalties so I resigned.

I was having a great season with spurs in 2020 then I started getting injuries in every game too. Couldn't even fully name 7 subs. We still won the League but ended up losing the FA Cup final and CL semifinal. I was also managing England my two up front for England played for me with Spurs. Both got injured and missed the Euros. England lost to Scotland on penalties so I resigned.

I avoid the game targeting my first 11 with training injuries by deselecting my team immediately after each match. As for injuries during matches I guess that's just the game being spiteful and I can't really think of a way of avoiding it! It just seems that there's no way the game is ever going to let you choose from your full squad of players. Maybe it's just coincidence, but just as you get a message about a player resuming full training another player in his position will get injured!

And for some reason all my players that are getting injured first pick up knocks during games and I sub them off and they get injuries rather than them getting direct injuries in practice or training. And its not that I'm playing them while they have a knock, I always sub my players the second a message pops up my players got a knock. In one game Chris Cohen, Wellington Nem, and Billy Sharp ( my three top players) all picked up knocks in the second half and after the game I recieved news that they were injured all for 3+ weeks.

Trying to buy Aogo, from HSV, in 1st season with Arsenal.

The agent wouldn't go lower than 19.5k match fee and 79k wage.
I just cant pay that compared to the other players.

And next day he signs with Dortmund for 39.5k wage and 4.7k match fee.

WHAT THE **** is wrong with all the transfers in this game?

Hello long time lurker here,

I've been playing the FM-series for quite a long time too and honestly FM13 has me gotten beyond my normal border of
frustrations...

The ME; meh.. I don't know even where to start.
- Seeing defenders "jockeying sideways" as fast as my attackers at their maximum sprint.... is kinda funny
- Seeing my goalkeeper walking to give the ball back to the opposition for their free kick and not being able
to be fast enough back in his goal = conceding a goal...huh?
- Seeing my attacker "skating" (not running) THROUGH (not past) but actually through the body of 3 defenders and scoring
a goal... wut?
- Seeing my defenders being glued (jumping 19 - heading 17 - anticipation 15) on the ground when the opposition drops in a cross while the attacker outjumps them like Spiderman... really?
- Scoring a goal and immediately conceding a goal in the same minute (FM12 had this flaw too), man I don't even had
the time to push -> instructions -> consolidate
I can go on but surely you folks will have seen sort of the same things, fact is that this ruins my gaming experience 'cause I really like the 3D display of the previous FM11-12 series. 2D Pacmans just don't cut it for me.

The loose-win ratio is another issue but there are already to many threads about that for me to start another one :)
Where is my screen between the 3D highlights of the match (you know the screen with the actual goal scores and the buttons), I found a workaround with a mod but it's not the same, GIVE ME THAT **** SCREEN BACK!
Why are ALL journalist questions the same as in FM12?
Why are ALL commentaries during the 3D display (in the horizontal beam) the same as in FM12?
Why are ALL my teamtalk options the same as in FM 12?
Jeez this is not a new game, it's just an updated game with a new player database and a broken 3D view.

I re-installed FM12 with the latest December '12 transfer update, face- and logopacks, Suzie's real name mod, 3D kits +,
normal kits, new balls and goalnets pack, the Fahrenheit skin and I'm HONESTLY having a blast at this moment.

The ME of FM12 feels polished; players actually run and don't "jockey" half of the field, tackles are carried out properly, my defenders can jump, I see different type of goals (long shots, crosses, lobbing the keepers, making an overhead goal), etc. Sur FM12 ME has it's flaws too but these are less comparing to FM13.

I truly hope SI will bring out more patches to polish the ME because I quite like the layout of the new screens, staff handling and
training but untill then I'll stick to FM12.
Now if you excuse me I have to beat ManU in the FA cup.

Cheers!

PS : the injuries in FM13..... training intensity low, personal training low, match preparation low and still I get
that many injuries. FOUR 3-4 weeks injuries in 1 match when playing standard playstyle.... pff..
FM12 gives 1-2 injuries in some weeks playing time, maybe more if you have a tight playing schedule but that's
ok with me!

Last edited:
I re-installed FM12 with the latest December '12 transfer update, face- and logopacks, Suzie's real name mod, 3D kits +,
normal kits, new balls and goalnets pack, the Fahrenheit skin and I'm HONESTLY having a blast at this moment.

The ME of FM12 feels polished; players actually run and don't "jockey" half of the field, tackles are carried out properly, my defenders can jump, I see different type of goals (long shots, crosses, lobbing the keepers, making an overhead goal), etc. Sur FM12 ME has it's flaws too but these are less comparing to FM13.

You just made me reinstall fm12. Thank you very much

Back