Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
You just made me reinstall fm12. Thank you very much

Desmond,

With my post I don't want to make people quit or don't buy the game, it's just a rant of my frustration I have right now with FM13.
The new ME seems capable of so much more than FM12 but something is just missing at the moment.

I don't care about win or loss ratio, what turns me of right now is the silly movement/actions of players... aswell in my or my opponents team.

For sure I will go back to FM13 and give it another try..some time, but some serious polishing will have to be done on the AI first.
And I don't mean that tactics wise; hopefully they will get rid of that jockey and skating movement... it so **** annoying to see.

why when the goalkeeper makes a mistake he just stands there scratching his ******* balls?

An experience with Football Manager 2013 contained the following things over the course of four seasons. While I won the league twice over that period, being head of Crystal Palace and headhunting VERY, VERY talented regens, you can't help but acquire a bout of frustration when you face teams with larger reputations than you. I know that this is football, and that anything and everything can happen, but really? THESE:

1. Against Real Madrid, Chelsea and Arsenal: an injury in each half on average.

2. Opposing keepers get 8.3 and above ratings and/or hold out for 2 last minute goals 60 percent of the time.

3. Controversial penalties occurred 40 percent of the time.

4. When down 0-1, the opposing team will pop a Goal of the Month contender to level the game.

Honestly, since when could a REGEN WITH 10 DRIBBLING AND 11 PACE outrun my left-back and score in the last 6 minutes.

Mines the EXACT opposite to Fabregas2's post. I NEVER get offers for players unless i list them. In ways this is good, but SOO unrealistic. I want to get offers for my star players to see how much i could get for them, just adds a bit of an unexpected twist.

Mines the EXACT opposite to Fabregas2's post. I NEVER get offers for players unless i list them. In ways this is good, but SOO unrealistic. I want to get offers for my star players to see how much i could get for them, just adds a bit of an unexpected twist.

No don't get me wrong, I also want offers but the only time I get offers which are few and far between, it's something **** like that. Only offers I get on a regular basis are loan offers when I put the players on development list.

hey im playing fm 2013 demo, ive played si series for years now my fav was probably fm2009 or the console version before it what was it called? :) anyways in all fm games one thing really gets on my nerves is the crosses % no matter how good a winger or passer etc and great team etc I always no matter what league team or players get an awful crosses % ratio! I wonder is this tactic weakness or is it deliberately biased to low to make it like the real life % I mean is that the reality of most crosses in real only 20-30% are successful crosses??? maybe ea stats or something could reveal analysis perhaps? why crosses always as low as 20-33% ? any ideas anyone?

well i hate to say this but the reason why so many people are moaning is because u have made the game to complicated i think it was bill shankley who said that football is a simple sport and if he ever played fm 13 i bet he would be moaning as well ivw been a huge fm fan the whole series and every so many years u release a flop i think the last version to flop was fm06 or 07 i cant rememeber and thats were the game engine is wrong and the game play is rubbish and skatty well im afraid guys this years fm13 is a flop ive played now for a month solid and im now uninstalling the game and going back to fm 12 which buy the way is awesome and im gonna wait till fm14 comes out and hopefully u will fix the game engine and all the bugs from fm13 and i know what u at fm are gonna say that this year u have to play the game properly u have to read pre game scout reports and change tactics depending on what team and blah blah blah thats too much hard work fm and too complicated im sorry but the game is seriously wrong this year and a lot of people out thier agree with me.

well i hate to say this but the reason why so many people are moaning is because u have made the game to complicated i think it was bill shankley who said that football is a simple sport and if he ever played fm 13 i bet he would be moaning as well ivw been a huge fm fan the whole series and every so many years u release a flop i think the last version to flop was fm06 or 07 i cant rememeber and thats were the game engine is wrong and the game play is rubbish and skatty well im afraid guys this years fm13 is a flop ive played now for a month solid and im now uninstalling the game and going back to fm 12 which buy the way is awesome and im gonna wait till fm14 comes out and hopefully u will fix the game engine and all the bugs from fm13 and i know what u at fm are gonna say that this year u have to play the game properly u have to read pre game scout reports and change tactics depending on what team and blah blah blah thats too much hard work fm and too complicated im sorry but the game is seriously wrong this year and a lot of people out thier agree with me.

Basically you just want to plug and play a tactic and win every game without any thought or effort on your part! Where's the fun in that? Where's the challenge? Where's the sense of achievement? Oh yes, and where's the commas, full stops and grammar? I got out of breath just reading your post!

For the 1st time in ages I have made it past Xmas! Lying joint 2nd in the league table, 6 points behind the leaders and 7 points ahed of the 4th placed team. I have lost just 3 league games, plus 2 cup games (both on penalties). I have conceded just 14 goals in 27 league games and kept 21 clean sheets in the process!

So why am I frustrated? I'm frustrated because the press are saying I'm under pressure and the board are saying that I should be performing slightly better and that my job is insecure!

OK, the board's expectations were for me to win the league, but being joint second at Xmas is hardly what you'd call failure! Who's to say I won't have met those expectations at the end of the season!

Just when I think I'm finally getting to grips with the game and understand how it all works I start getting these messages, obviously designed to lower morale and confidence.

Im so really **** tired of hitting the (x)bar 3 times a match. where does that come from? Get a grip SI!!!

the only thing issue i have with this game is that my players don't know how to defend a cross,
i would say 90% (and that is not even an exaggeration) of the goals i concede are cross (floated/ drilled/ corners/ crossed FK)
it just gets on my nerves!!
the worst part is that i have put the match preparation to def. set peices since the start of the game!!!!! midway through second season still conceding them like it is nothing

got beat 6-2 and 4-3 by barcelona in the CL
9 of thier goals FALCAO headers 3 corners 6 messi crosses (when do barca cross the ball)
the other being a 45 yard wonder stike by PUYOL!!!!!!!!

Isco appears to have some problems with communicating with other players as apparently there's a language barrier. I'm guessing Reina, Coates, Koke, Suso and Suarez speak a different "Spanish"!

Edit : And Rangel Colin (a 16 y/o LB regen).

My goalkeeper is still not making enough appearances to get back in the international squad, despite him having played in 34 out 36 first team fixtures this season, the 2 he missed were due to an international call up! I'm thinking of having a word with him to see if he wants to play for a local sunday league team to bump up his appearances!

fotty manager hasnt progressed for about 3 year wont be getting fm 14

Basically you just want to plug and play a tactic and win every game without any thought or effort on your part! Where's the fun in that?
FM12 was fun. FM13 is tedious: I can win, but it never feels worth the effort and takes too much time. Which I have preciously little to spare for games.

Simply put, I just want a game. Not an actual job in football management.

Besides that, I'm frustrated by how the achievements still aren't working. I haven't got any new ones on Steam, even though they work just fine for other games. I'm also frustrated by skilled youngsters who think that they're too good to play in lower leagues...and then retire because nobody hired them. Gnn.

Last edited:
Looking for some world class defensive players with Spurs in 2015...

Quoted 50m for Kara, 55m for Dede who is unhappy and transfer listed, 45m for M'Vila, 60m for Romulo who is also unhappy/listed, 45m for Sakho, 45 for Smalling, 50m for Phil Jones.

Fuuuuuuu.

Also, I know it's been a problem since...forever, but i'm getting sick of world class goalkeepers being beat by the A.I's one or two single shots on target every single game. The A.I must score 1 out of every 2 shots they have against me, especially mid table and below teams. I know it balances the game when I'm scoring 2 3 4 goals every match but is a clean sheet that much to ask? Lloris got himself injured, as did my back up goalie so I had to promote my Youth Regen GK who actually kept more clean sheets in 10 games than Lloris did...

Plus, injuries. I do play a pretty high line, high tempo/high closing down however i'm struggling to keep a consistent team as i'm getting 2 or 3 niggling injuries every single game. And I find soon as I'm forced to rotate and use a weaker player that player will no doubt be full of errors rather than slotting in with a good shift.

Last edited:
Back