Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
Anyone else think that we shouldn't be waiting for a patch in January, the fact that its still broken months after release baffles me. And the latest patches have been causing my games to crash on me, meaning i lose weeks of progress.

Anyone else think that we shouldn't be waiting for a patch in January, the fact that its still broken months after release baffles me. And the latest patches have been causing my games to crash on me, meaning i lose weeks of progress.

1) its not broken. That's not to say it cant be improves, but lets cut out the subjective hyperbole.

2) It's ready when its ready. It cant be released any quicker than it is.

3) if you are losing weeks of progress you should be saving much more often then, and you really should be using SI tech support to find out why your system is crashing, since it doesnt happen for the vast majority.

4) You do realise there is always a january/feb/occiasionally march update?

Ughhh latest frustration, playing an away game as MU 2-2 against Arsenal in the UCL semi finals, on the 93rd minute Valencia dribbles inside the box, unmarked, basically 80% chance that he'll score, then the ref blows the whistle and ends the game like a second before he shoots. Seriously, WTF?

Oh the irony! I can almost see Sir Alex looking at his watch and having one of his friendly chats with the 4th official! You gotta laugh!

1) its not broken. That's not to say it cant be improves, but lets cut out the subjective hyperbole.

2) It's ready when its ready. It cant be released any quicker than it is.

3) if you are losing weeks of progress you should be saving much more often then, and you really should be using SI tech support to find out why your system is crashing, since it doesnt happen for the vast majority.

4) You do realise there is always a january/feb/occiasionally march update?

I have to say that I've been getting regular crashes lately, but that is why, as suggested, I save directly before and after every match. I've also set auto-save to weekly. Luckily for me, the only times its crashed during matches are ones in which I've been losing! So I don't feel the least bit guilty in having to replay the match with different tactics or instructions!

'subjective hyperbole'- very sophisticated. I wasn't exaggerating a thing. It's broken as it doesn't work as expected. 'It's ready when its ready' - not good enough I'm afraid to a lot of us who have spent money and supported the games for years. And i know there are always jan/ feb updates but never have they had to change so much, usually the jan update is just to move the players around not rewrite massive parts of the script.

I hear that a lot of people's games are crashing since the last shoddy patch. I want the same quality of game that brought me hours of entertainment last year, not the **** they're providing me with now.

oh and I was on a monthly rolling save, but the game should work for hours anyway without any errors.

'subjective hyperbole'- very sophisticated. I wasn't exaggerating a thing. It's broken as it doesn't work as expected. 'It's ready when its ready' - not good enough I'm afraid to a lot of us who have spent money and supported the games for years. And i know there are always jan/ feb updates but never have they had to change so much, usually the jan update is just to move the players around not rewrite massive parts of the script.

I hear that a lot of people's games are crashing since the last shoddy patch. I want the same quality of game that brought me hours of entertainment last year, not the **** they're providing me with now.

Yes, yes you were. Broken =/= doesnt work as expectated. You can argue it didnt mean your expectations, but that again is subjective.

To be honest, its tough if its not good enough. If they release it now and something still is broken you will be up in arms. You can have you cake and eat it. This actually started as a hotfix, its now been turned into the major 3rd update, you can see that by the changelist, the first thing they fixed were long shots

They change loads every time. The exception was FM12, because that match engine had come to the end of its cycle. This one has just begun.

On average 78,000 play this game at any one time, the vast majority of them dont have issues, if they did, the SI threads would break under the web traffic.

oh and I was on a monthly rolling save, but the game should work for hours anyway without any errors.

It does, I've never had a crash, thats why i sguggest you check their tech area and find out why yours is, otherwise you may yet have the same issues again after the update.

A few days ago IIRC, so its unlikely to be too soon, its easier to wait a few days, than release it early and find something is broken.

Perish the thought that they'd ever release something early that wasn't working properly!

Perish the thought that they'd ever release something early that wasn't working properly!

Yeh, they listened to the user base, rushed out a patch before christmas, which gave us the long shot issues, and you wonder why they are not going down that road again?

Yeh, they listened to the user base, rushed out a patch before christmas, which gave us the long shot issues, and you wonder why they are not going down that road again?

Not wondering anything of the sort! Was just trying a bit of irony and sarcasm based on the thought that they may have rushed out the original a little early in November....you're not American by any chance are you?

Not wondering anything of the sort! Was just trying a bit of irony and sarcasm based on the thought that they may have rushed out the original a little early in November....you're not American by any chance are you?
american?! You sir, insult me! No, I thought you knew about the initial thinking behind the November release. Basically they knew the first couple of weeks would be bumpy, new ME, so it's to be expected. What they didn't expect was the sheer number of knock on issues they suffered when addressing them. And to be fair, unlike many developers, they didn't hide their errors, but were very open about it. At Christmas they rushed a patch due to user demand, when it really needed more tested, and so we got the long shot mess.

in pure rage of my last results which ended up in me getting sacked I punched my table and cut my knuckles , I don't want this ******* **** *** game any more I demand a refund from steam

I know that feeling mate, this game confuses me, literally 70% of my games when I score the opposing team hit straight back within 3 - 4 minutes I wouldnt mind if it were say once or twice a season but every other game?!

And on top of that it says "you are favourites" against teams like Man Utd but "Underdogs" against teams like Astone Villa?! I mean wtf is that all about

i have problem with bologna save.I have made bologna editor with budget 50m.And in july game crashes.But i have everton save and everything is fine.So, help?

Neymar, Neymar, Neymar... Has had so many red and yellow cards in under two seasons for me (and probably missed around 15 games via suspension), and it's costing me games. But he's such a quality player I have to play him.

Anyone know how I can solve this? Cheers

Anyone else still finding that your defenders cant defend crossed balls into the box at all and they just stand there?

I know that feeling mate, this game confuses me, literally 70% of my games when I score the opposing team hit straight back within 3 - 4 minutes I wouldnt mind if it were say once or twice a season but every other game?!

And on top of that it says "you are favourites" against teams like Man Utd but "Underdogs" against teams like Astone Villa?! I mean wtf is that all about

The trick is to pause the match before or during the replay,do a shout aimed at retaining possession and set strategy to counter. Its worked a treat for me so far!

Anyone else still finding that your defenders cant defend crossed balls into the box at all and they just stand there?

Yes! That's why I target the opposition's wingers and full-backs to minimise the number of crosses coming in! Hopefully the next patch will improve the defending, but minimising supply to opposition forwards is still a good idea.

Just need to get this out of my system: Aaaargh! (Thank you).
What an utterly frustrating game.
The term game might actually be wrong in the case of FM13. It seems I need a continental coaching license to get my nut around this. I'm a poor football-supporter who used to enjoy these type of games, not one whose profession is managing football. It's a game. Games are supposed to be fun. Not hours of frustrating timewasting.
It only takes one wrong team-talk comment at half time, and 2-0 turns to 2-4. Madness. (Assertive: played well, but room for improvement). All bad reactions. Tried to fix with some passionate "You can do it!". Even worse. Post match: Placed all participants in the U-18s, fined some, sacked a couple, stormed out of the press-conference and then uninstalled the game and deleted the save before the chairman could get to me.
Going back to FM12. At least that was fun.

Post Scriptum: And, yes I do target the wide players, Bladesman. Helped slightly, but defenders still can't defend. Or jump. Or run. Definitively not tacling. Never tackling. Gah! Think I'll play some Pong. Nice and uncomplicated.

Back