Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
Yeah... I give up too.

I switched to an another team after raising Maidenhead to Premier. Just noticed that all of my career achievements are gone. Biography and Club History show that my current team is my 'first' and my reputation has reset. I was in top five of all-time best managers, but now even the smallest nations laugh at my job applications.

It's as if the past twelve seasons never happened.

Only frustration I've got is my boards complete unwillingness to expand my scouting network. Am Mansfield, currently at the top of league 2 with a good set of scouts including Luciano Moggi and with secure finances and they won't let me scout abroad!!!! :(

One of my midfield players just got a straight red card for handball..........whilst on the attack in my opponents half! How does that work? Game said he got the Red Card for a professional foul! Don't know how he could have been denying a goalscoring opportunity whilst on the edge of our opponents box! I can feel an appeal coming on!

Stupid goals is my biggest one. Crosses going in (5 so far by december), goal keepers coming to collect loose balls and throwing it in their own net, defenders letting opponents score by kicking the ball in to them and it rebounding in the net.

Jose Enrique scored from a "shot" from just inside my half, more of a hit and hope. Given just stood under the ball and flapped at it at the last second, check his stats and it says zero mistakes...WTF?!

One of my midfield players just got a straight red card for handball..........whilst on the attack in my opponents half! How does that work? Game said he got the Red Card for a professional foul! Don't know how he could have been denying a goalscoring opportunity whilst on the edge of our opponents box! I can feel an appeal coming on!

To add insult to injury, I've criticised the ref and got warned by the FA! Game says TV shows sending-off was justified! I've appealed and the appeal hasn't been heard before my next match! Not very realistic at all! My only course of action now is to quit and replay the match! I'll probably get someone sent-off for breathing too heavily in the replay!

"I predicted a win for Accrington today and maybe could have seen Barcelona snatching a drw, but I certainly didn't see Barca winning this one".

Ok, this isn't a real one, but an exaggerated example of the completely stupid after match comments the journalists make. And this has been happening in every edition of FM that I've had the pleasure to play! Or maybe they're just trying to emulate your average stupid know-nothing football journalist!

FM13 just crashed for the third time today! You might say I'm getting a bit annoyed! Is it a Windows 8 problem or a general one?

My fully fit first team just lost to a team, in the same league, just 1 position ahead of mine, who were playing a combination of completely knackered first teamers and transferlisted reserve players. Wasn't a flukey win either. And my players got peed off when I gave them warnings for playing badly. Idiots.

Is it only me or my players just pass the ball to the opposition goalkeeper from outside of the box after an unbelievable run? And my defenders just watch them being outrun by oppositions strikers when they have a perfect chance for a tackle? Or the defenders just try to walk to the loose ball or just walk away from it, which most result in an opposition goal

Now here's a frustrating thing that would never ever happen in real life (well...). Doing the community shield against Spurs as Villa, we're 1-0 up, amazing shot by Adebyor thunders off the woodwork and threatens to bounce over the back line -- so one of my defenders decide to heroically head the ball away, then shoots it out of the six yard box, straight onto the feet of Adebyor again, who shoots and scores.

Wotta genius.

Idiot defenders.

0-0 against Celtic on 88 mins, a great result as I would maintain my 7p gap over them in the league. Then my bonehead defender decides "Oh what the ****, I'll just kick the ball back into my own box where there's two Celtic strikers unmarked". 0-1.

Thanks, moron.

Oh I'm so done with this game. **** you SI, **** you Miles and anything that has any contact with Football Manager.
vitesse-v-ajax-untitled-.png

[video=youtube;l0guOsZ6NlM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0guOsZ6NlM[/video]
**** your scripting, **** your momentum, **** your conspiracies and **** free masons too.

Marc Andre ter Stegen has cost me a league title. The only player in my squad with an average rating lower than 7.00. My three CB's (rotated) are rated 8.01, 7.80 and 7.67 respectively. My whole team is at least above 7.30. There are 3 games to go and I've scored 104 goals, 30 more than any other team. However, I have conceded 48. I have to blame ter Stegen.

Now, one could also look at Manchester United, who will pip me to the title, and comment that they must be a team of cyborgs to stick so closely to me all season long, even during my godly run of scoring 44 goals in 9 League games and with the almighty amount of games they've played.

Or you could blame me. As at the end of that godly run, I had a full outfield team that each had form of over 8.00. Even ter Stegen had 7.15. It was an FA Cup game. I decided to rotate and rest a few. Lost that game and results have slumped since then. Perhaps my tinkering caused the team losing a 8 point lead with 8 games to go.

I will still blame ter Stegen though. 4 games to go. At Anfield, versus United. Effectively the title decider. A very open game. 1-1 with 20 minutes left. Unfortunately, ter Stegen decided to take a free kick from just inside my half, he played it short, well he misplaced it short. Straight to Garmash, who scores from 40 yards. Game finishes 2-1.

Maybe he's a double agent...

Check out this piece of defending paying particular attention to the way my defender runs away from the ball.
Man City vs Bradford PA - Espínola Goal 90 minutes - YouTube

It's a main issue with this ME, when a player runs with the ball teamates get in the way and cause loss of possesion, it happens way too often.
Then, after the ball was lost, your player's main objective was "getting back to the exact spot in the formation" regardless of how close the loose ball might be.
Headless chickens have better awareness than this!

Gerrard gets injured 11 games into the season. Is out for 4 months. Comes back, plays 11 minutes and gets injured for another 3 months. I am resisting the urge to punch a hole through my PC screen.

The Match Engine is a complete mess at times I agree, but the fixes mentioned in a thread I read look like they "may" have finally made this ME very enjoyable.

*When they finally release the update that is.....

Fancy a vent, don't mind me.

Make 3 subs by the 65 minute mark, mainly due to tiredness/minor knocks. Without fail a player will get injured within 2-5 minutes of making those changes.

Last minute goals. I've drawn 6 games in 20, 5 of those are down to goals conceded after 85 minutes despite dominating. It's always that ''2 shots on target, 2 goals'' scenario. So frustrating, especially after trying to attack more, or take a breather, or time waste, regardless of tactics it's happening.

Players folding in key games. Sure it's a mentality issue but everytime I have a chance @ a 6 pointer game v 2nd place, or beating a relegation threatened team to go clear at the top my players completely lose it and **** it up. Last season in League 2 I drew my last 6 games and only just finished second after being top half the season after a poor start.

Players needing a rest. Are you kidding? I have 6 first teamers needing one by October. And yes, my training workload is average.

And finally...back up players. If I need to use a back up player, GK, DC or full backs, that player will be directly responsible for conceding a goal. The A.I plays a back up keeper/striker they turn into a world class player and make a string of saves or score. I'm more scared when a team is forced to play a reserve up front because I know whats coming.

and finally....wages. The ability to not offer more despite the fact I have 10,000 in the wage budget and the board won't let me offer £50 more a week for a coach. Good stuff.

(Double post sue me)

Highlighting the point about key games, F.A Cup second round, just played a Wycombe side struggling in League 2 (League below me) riddled with injures.

Mansfield - 67% possession, 25 shots, 8 on target, 0 goals. Wycombe - 2 shots on target, 1 goal. Same old story and arguement for the past....9 years i've played FM/CM but jesus..it's no less frustrating.

Back