Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
Since last patch, near absolute inability to score in 2nd half despite frequently blasting 3-5 goals in by half time. Also 6 missed penalties in a row from the trio of Falcao, Jovetic and Giroud. Realistic? Gimme a break. Game gets more gimmicky every update with AI that blatantly cheats you half the time.

Since last patch, near absolute inability to score in 2nd half despite frequently blasting 3-5 goals in by half time. Also 6 missed penalties in a row from the trio of Falcao, Jovetic and Giroud. Realistic? Gimme a break. Game gets more gimmicky every update with AI that blatantly cheats you half the time.

I never thought much about the half-time thing, but I can recall a few matches of my own where its happened. I had a pre-season game where I was 7-0 up in 35 minutes! It ended 7-0! The only chance in the second half being a penalty, which was missed by a player with a penalty taking attribute of 17!

I also had a 4-0 half-time which ended 4-0. It seems like the AI teams get a half-time team talk which tells them to shut up shop! Which I guess is kind of realistic.

OK. I'm top of the league. Next match is at home against team in 24th (bottom) position. I don't like to make predictions.....but we all know what's going to happen!

OK. I'm top of the league. Next match is at home against team in 24th (bottom) position. I don't like to make predictions.....but we all know what's going to happen!

What a shock! 3-0 down after 50 minutes! Managed to pull it back to 3-2, but Oh soooooooooo predictable!

Nothing predictable about that. They just get steam rollered by me. If you suspect you're going to come unstuck, why not pre-emptively change things? I make sure they dont drag me into a scrappy game by playing wider and deeper and switching between retaining possession and going over the top. Amazing how quickly you can grind down their condition and batter them in the last 30 minutes.

So I take charge of Birmingham - 22nd in the championship after 15 games, the board expect me to win the league... Ridiculous but I accept because they're my team. The team hasn't had back to back wins all season in my first 10 games I win 6, draw 1 and lose 3, taking them up to 9th. The board are disappointed and my position is very insecure... Whatever.

Oh and they expected me to do all this with no more money to spend on wages and no transfer budget.

So what do you do tactically in the last 20 minutes? Do you change anything? If not, perhaps you should!

I've tried everything because I know it's coming, not just on those occasions...I've tried attacking more, making defensive subs, adding opp instructions on the wingers if I'm being hit by tons of crosses, retaining possesion, switching formations (taking off AMC and adding a DMC for example), playing higher up, playing deeper, slowing the tempo down, everything.

Also another thing i've noticed that is frustrating me a ton. Players asking for wages of 15k + when I can only offer 8k max, then accepting 4-5k from other clubs. I've just missed out on 3 players who would have helped my team immensely after being promoted to the championship and all 3 asked for ridiculous wages. Alou Diarra would have been a great signing on a free, especially for his ability to play DC, DMC and MC. He asked me for 28k!!!!!!! per week, yet has joined some Lige 2 french side for 5.5k a week, 3.4k a week after tax. Really?

I had this problem in the last fm where I took Charlton and Fleetwood to the prem. A.I teams get away with offering 1/4th of the wages I do and get the player...and they seem to get work permits for players I couldn't get one for a week after me.

I've tried everything because I know it's coming, not just on those occasions...I've tried attacking more, making defensive subs, adding opp instructions on the wingers if I'm being hit by tons of crosses, retaining possesion, switching formations (taking off AMC and adding a DMC for example), playing higher up, playing deeper, slowing the tempo down, everything.

Also another thing i've noticed that is frustrating me a ton. Players asking for wages of 15k + when I can only offer 8k max, then accepting 4-5k from other clubs. I've just missed out on 3 players who would have helped my team immensely after being promoted to the championship and all 3 asked for ridiculous wages. Alou Diarra would have been a great signing on a free, especially for his ability to play DC, DMC and MC. He asked me for 28k!!!!!!! per week, yet has joined some Lige 2 french side for 5.5k a week, 3.4k a week after tax. Really?

I had this problem in the last fm where I took Charlton and Fleetwood to the prem. A.I teams get away with offering 1/4th of the wages I do and get the player...and they seem to get work permits for players I couldn't get one for a week after me.

I think this is actually a bug. I know they have been asking fro saves games on this.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a bug - it's happening time and time again. How can a player ask for 30k from a recently promoted League 1 side then go to a more obscure team for almost 10% of what he asked for?

Also, FML. View attachment 306687

It's honestly ruining the game. 3 games into the championship and already a last 5 minute goal. I had the best of the game and their first goal was a ridiculous 35 yard strike and I knew from that point exactly what was coming. I know it's not unheard of, and i'm still gonna keep trooping on, but no matter what I do 85-90% of my losses and draws come from goals in the last 5 minutes. Still, I've had back to back promotions to the championship so I can't complain but it's just ruining the experience - i'd rather lose 2-0 outright or 2-2 with goals in the first half than these constant convenient last minute goals. I have 9 screenshots of it from last season, but had it occur 14 times!!

Ive downloaded kits,badges,faces etc but when my game as finished beating Huddersfield comes up with Wolves badge v Burnley why?

wqp1w.jpg

Also downloaded back ground stadiums and followed how to do it.Preference/Interface/skin/reload skin/confirm.

Not working ?

Sorry for being blunt, but, to be honest, this version of the ME is ******* ****. What annoys me most, is you know there are certain incidents or passages of play which ALWAYS end in a goal, it's either a corner (with no highlight showing how corner was conceded), a deep freekick, a cross, or a kick from keeper which goes straight to opposition.

Certain passages of play you just say to yourself "goal" before its even happened. It is woeful this ME, the update needs to arrive sharpish, I've been to various forums where people haven't touched the game since before xmas just due to hate of the ME.

On a side note regarding ME update, why do I get the feeling it will be released with the data update (despite SI telling us January or at least well before the data update)? I'll tell you why I think it is, it's because the ME was such a monumental disaster that it has required a LOT of fixes (as seen in a fix list) and due to this, there is just a catalogue of knock-ons which they're struggling to sort out. Just my opinion

Last edited:
Back