Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
Who else feels frustrated about the fixtures! After playing in turkey on Thursday, I've got League Cup final on Sunday, Europa League back again on the Tuesday and then the local derby on Saturday!

Anyone know when the next ME patch is due? The longshot bug is really ******** over any possession tactics.

nearly every player in my Dortmund save are on holiday until the first game of the season?? Wtf??! anyone?

Well, i have no general fustration with this game (anymore!) but i have just had the most fustrating experience possible.
Playing as Manchester United manager, my team were 6-1 up away at Valencia and all of a sudden, the game crashed! i just know that when i go back to this save, we're gonna end up losing!! arghhh!!

I do not understand this game?
I have 30+ shots a game with 20% more possession and I still lose to opposing teams who have their first shot on target, its an absolute joke whatever they have done to this game, and to anyone who is going to reply with the usual bullshit i see on here, e.g. counter attacked etc, its pathetic it happens nearly game in game out.

Im in the championship and signed players like Nem and Quintero, one of the deadliest poaches you could have in this league, obvioulsy ou cant just buy players and expect impact if anything probably need a season to blend, but they actually dominate but for some reason I cant score any goals and this computer 90% of games scores on their first 2 on target then some below average opposition ST scores their one chance every game!!!It gets more ridiculous I play leeds bottom of the league and have 30+ shots away from home, their keeper who Ive never heard of - backup worth nothing and terrible attributes compared to my attack plays a 9/10 and the same happens for 3 games?

I saw m'boro lose 4-0 in real life yesterday to the lowest scoring team in the league, this is football but this game takes it to a stupid new level? I dont care if some people are doing well blah blah, personally i have spent months on this game to find nothing changes and the stupidity of this game just grows. I dont know why they needed to make such drastic changes when it was perfectly fine last year. Also I use shouts, tactics, press conf, training, preparation and team talks to positive effect yet still the actual matches reflect nothing of this.

I dont want feedback or advice as Ive seen a million people get hounded for saying similar things, when tbh they have every right too, can not actually belive we are in febuary with no proper game when it was released months earlier.

Who else feels frustrated about the fixtures! After playing in turkey on Thursday, I've got League Cup final on Sunday, Europa League back again on the Tuesday and then the local derby on Saturday!

I feel your pain, I just had a run of fixtures where I had a league game, 2 days later FA Cup final, 2 days later Europa League Final, 2 days later another league game and then 2 days later the last league match of the season!

I'm arsenal and I have a good squad with plenty of depth but I was glad I had the title wrapped up by then since my players were exhausted at the end of it all even with crazy amounts of rotating.

To be fair if a club won the league, got to the final of the champions league, league cup, fa cup and world club cup of course they'd have a fixture pile up, there are only so many days to fit all these games in and while there is the occasional fixture glitch the game does pretty well coping with how well teams do!:)

just don't train your players, rest them and let game time keep their attributes up for a couple of weeks, simples!

Won my first 6 games of the season, including a 2-0 win over Mna United. Scored 14 conceded 0, then get hammered 5-2 by Newcastle, who were 19th having scored 3 and conceded 14 before the game, I went 5-0 down within 40 minutes

Sorry for being blunt, but, to be honest, this version of the ME is ******* ****. What annoys me most, is you know there are certain incidents or passages of play which ALWAYS end in a goal, it's either a corner (with no highlight showing how corner was conceded), a deep freekick, a cross, or a kick from keeper which goes straight to opposition.

Certain passages of play you just say to yourself "goal" before its even happened. It is woeful this ME, the update needs to arrive sharpish, I've been to various forums where people haven't touched the game since before xmas just due to hate of the ME.

On a side note regarding ME update, why do I get the feeling it will be released with the data update (despite SI telling us January or at least well before the data update)? I'll tell you why I think it is, it's because the ME was such a monumental disaster that it has required a LOT of fixes (as seen in a fix list) and due to this, there is just a catalogue of knock-ons which they're struggling to sort out. Just my opinion

Every year bar FM12 the fix list has been that long. FM12 was the only year no major work was done on the ME because it was at the end of its development.

Have you actually read the patch list? The issue fixes are actually 1326-1328. Everything else is about improving the game. Or should they not bother taking the game forwards at all?

And SI said nothing of the sort. They said possibly a hotfix, which would have been 1326. This is exactly why they NEVER give an exact release. Instead they have done the full scale 13.3 (which is what it will be) update. People complain that the last one wasn't tested enough. They heavily test this one and people still complain.

Having followed the updates as PaulC has spoken about them on the SI threads, I know for a fact its not knock ons that are preventing a release.

And it will still be out before the data release, as that isnt out at least after the russian window shuts, so dont expect anything till 28th feb at the utmost earliest.

Last edited:
Every year bar FM12 the fix list has been that long. FM12 was the only year no major work was done on the ME because it was at the end of its development.

Have you actually read the patch list? The issue fixes are actually 1326-1328. Everything else is about improving the game. Or should they not bother taking the game forwards at all?

And SI said nothing of the sort. They said possibly a hotfix, which would have been 1326. This is exactly why they NEVER give an exact release. Instead they have done the full scale 13.3 (which is what it will be) update. People complain that the last one wasn't tested enough. They heavily test this one and people still complain.

Having followed the updates as PaulC has spoken about them on the SI threads, I know for a fact its not knock ons that are preventing a release.
Why wouldn't people complain? We all gave money from our pockets and we deserve at least playable game. This year 3D is woeful, so inaccurate.

Don't blame the match engine so much, it's fairly good. Blame 3D presentation, its flawed.

Why wouldn't people complain? We all gave money from our pockets and we deserve at least playable game. This year 3D is woeful, so inaccurate.

Don't blame the match engine so much, it's fairly good. Blame 3D presentation, its flawed.

They complain that its not out. if its rushed they complain that's its broken, you cant have it both ways.

Its either ready or its not. Its either tested properly or its not.

Match Engine certainly has flaws no two ways about that.

Last edited:
I do not understand this game?
I have 30+ shots a game with 20% more possession and I still lose to opposing teams who have their first shot on target, its an absolute joke whatever they have done to this game, and to anyone who is going to reply with the usual bullshit i see on here, e.g. counter attacked etc, its pathetic it happens nearly game in game out.

Im in the championship and signed players like Nem and Quintero, one of the deadliest poaches you could have in this league, obvioulsy ou cant just buy players and expect impact if anything probably need a season to blend, but they actually dominate but for some reason I cant score any goals and this computer 90% of games scores on their first 2 on target then some below average opposition ST scores their one chance every game!!!It gets more ridiculous I play leeds bottom of the league and have 30+ shots away from home, their keeper who Ive never heard of - backup worth nothing and terrible attributes compared to my attack plays a 9/10 and the same happens for 3 games?

I saw m'boro lose 4-0 in real life yesterday to the lowest scoring team in the league, this is football but this game takes it to a stupid new level? I dont care if some people are doing well blah blah, personally i have spent months on this game to find nothing changes and the stupidity of this game just grows. I dont know why they needed to make such drastic changes when it was perfectly fine last year. Also I use shouts, tactics, press conf, training, preparation and team talks to positive effect yet still the actual matches reflect nothing of this.

I dont want feedback or advice as Ive seen a million people get hounded for saying similar things, when tbh they have every right too, can not actually belive we are in febuary with no proper game when it was released months earlier.

I see this every year. Quick and to the point. None of this is down to the match engine. No about of match engine updates will change what you are suffering. Its happening to you every single game, you are almost certainly doing any number of things not well enough. You might want to step into the tactical section, and create a help thread

And it was not perfectly fine last year.

I hear alot of people bemoaning the match engine, i used to be one of these people, the match engine is fine! I have switched to 2d classic view, not because i believe it has an underlying difference, but because my laptop is a tad slow and 2d suits me.

but how can this be anything tactical when I dominate, the odd counter attack etc yeah? and the effects of team talks are always positive and "PR" are etc. I dont expect to win every game but surely something is wrong, I may be quick to blame the ME but what else prevents my better ST scoring CCC's when AI's ST always take the majority of theirs :\

but how can this be anything tactical when I dominate, the odd counter attack etc yeah? and the effects of team talks are always positive and "PR" are etc. I dont expect to win every game but surely something is wrong, I may be quick to blame the ME but what else prevents my better ST scoring CCC's when AI's ST always take the majority of theirs :\

Thats 100% not the match engine, since the match engine cant tell the difference between the AI and user.

How can this be tactical? Did you watch Liverpool last season? They are a classic case of how it happens. Congested, football, domination with no true cutting edge.

A counter attack tends to end well, because the opposition is totally exposed, normally outnumbered, and the striker/winger etc is not taking a shot under pressure.

You can say cutting edge but I nearly always have double the AI CCC's, at home anyway and with a poacher like quintero it is not like I am lacking in quality, he even reacts well to pre game and HT teamtalks.. Then nearly every press conference is, opposition lucky or missed chances lol?

You can say cutting edge but I nearly always have double the AI CCC's, at home anyway and with a poacher like quintero it is not like I am lacking in quality, he even reacts well to pre game and HT teamtalks.. Then nearly every press conference is, opposition lucky or missed chances lol?

Firstly, pay no attention to the CCC stat, its not particularly accurate, and worst its misleading. I dont spend time worrying about CCS, i do make sure that I have multiple types of chances created. Like I said, pop into the tactical section and create a thread, make sure to detail your approach

here is one thing that I would like the answer to, why is it that my team has to have 8 home grown players registered but that the ai teams do not? I just checked fulhams registration, 28 players and not 1 of them is english on top of this I am in the 2018-2019 season and there are absolutely **** all young english players that are even half decent

To be fair if a club won the league, got to the final of the champions league, league cup, fa cup and world club cup of course they'd have a fixture pile up, there are only so many days to fit all these games in and while there is the occasional fixture glitch the game does pretty well coping with how well teams do!:)

just don't train your players, rest them and let game time keep their attributes up for a couple of weeks, simples!

I know but when you're going up for all seven trophies your sqaud is usually quite deep and very skilled, this didn't happen in previous versions of the game according to my experience and with a small squad it can potentially be very damaging

Back