Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
Firstly, pay no attention to the CCC stat, its not particularly accurate, and worst its misleading. I dont spend time worrying about CCS, i do make sure that I have multiple types of chances created. Like I said, pop into the tactical section and create a thread, make sure to detail your approach

This, don't bother looking at CCC they are a complete fallacy, the amount of times my striker are 3yrds out, one-on-one and it doesn't count as a CCC, it's a ridiculous stat that they haven't managed to properly implement.

Latest annoyance - why oh why do my players throw the ball straight to the opposition? I'm not talking about set plays but throw ins from your own half from which you can do nothing to change.... The amount of times this leads to a good chance for the opposition - rrrgh

AFC Wimbledon. Not because they're a bogie team in terms of losing... but because they always end up injuring my players. I played them three times last season (twice in the league and once in the cup)... first game had 4 players injured, second game 3 players injured all minor. Third game, my top scorer got put out for the rest of the season. They got promoted with me, just played my first game against them and I lost my main central defender for 3 weeks, my attacking midfielder with 8 goals this season in 11 eleven games out for 6 weeks and my left winger out for 5... I hate you AFC Wimbledon!

Every year bar FM12 the fix list has been that long. FM12 was the only year no major work was done on the ME because it was at the end of its development.

Have you actually read the patch list? The issue fixes are actually 1326-1328. Everything else is about improving the game. Or should they not bother taking the game forwards at all?

And SI said nothing of the sort. They said possibly a hotfix, which would have been 1326. This is exactly why they NEVER give an exact release. Instead they have done the full scale 13.3 (which is what it will be) update. People complain that the last one wasn't tested enough. They heavily test this one and people still complain.

Having followed the updates as PaulC has spoken about them on the SI threads, I know for a fact its not knock ons that are preventing a release.

And it will still be out before the data release, as that isnt out at least after the russian window shuts, so dont expect anything till 28th feb at the utmost earliest.

I think you'll find PaulC actually said there will be a ME update, and he will be surprised if it isnt out well before the data update, this would then help him determine whether or not there should be more updates WITH the data one. And Neil Brock actually confirmed that that fix list posted a few days ago, had caused knock ons during testing. He said it after someone asked would it be out last weekend I think it was.

And also to be fair, 99.9% of people would agree this ME is absolutely horrific. SI know this. IMO some updates dont get a good testing, because anyone could notice the owerpowered crossing, long shots, lack of closing down (previous update) etc

To quote PaulC:

"I am working daily on the 13 ME to provide an update for you hopefully well before the February data update but no date has been set as it isnt ready yet."

If we can rebalance quickly then we will release one ASAP and then decide thereafter if more improvements are needed before or on the data update.
hh

Last edited:
I think you'll find PaulC actually said there will be a ME update, and he will be surprised if it isnt out well before the data update, this would then help him determine whether or not there should be more updates WITH the data one. And Neil Brock actually confirmed that that fix list posted a few days ago, had caused knock ons during testing. He said it after someone asked would it be out last weekend I think it was.

And also to be fair, 99.9% of people would agree this ME is absolutely horrific. SI know this. IMO some updates dont get a good testing, because anyone could notice the owerpowered crossing, long shots, lack of closing down (previous update) etc

To quote PaulC:

"I am working daily on the 13 ME to provide an update for you hopefully well before the February data update but no date has been set as it isnt ready yet."

If we can rebalance quickly then we will release one ASAP and then decide thereafter if more improvements are needed before or on the data update.
hh

You made this claim:

On a side note regarding ME update, why do I get the feeling it will be released with the data update (despite SI telling us January or at least well before the data update)? I'll tell you why I think it is, it's because the ME was such a monumental disaster that it has required a LOT of fixes (as seen in a fix list) and due to this, there is just a catalogue of knock-ons which they're struggling to sort out. Just my opinion

The proposed hotfix wasn't the ME main update, they are two entirely different things. There was a posibility of a hotfix in early jan, and then the scheduled ME update, they scrapped doing a hot fix and went fully into the main ME update

Again that 99.9% figure is totally made up. And that's a complete lie that SI know that. PaulC stated that, while it had issues, they fully agreed that it was a superior ME to FM12, and had no regrets about choosing to go with that.

What I've bolder below were the fixes to the current major issues in the game:

Match v1326

-----------

- Tuned dribbling generally
- Fixed issue that counted too many dubious instances of running past opponent
- Toned down poor decision long shots

- Fixed some instances of short underhit passes
- Made keepers more aggressive in meeting short backpasses
- Slight improvement to defender positioning for short goal kicks
- Fixed bug that could cause players to try to clear ball from in front of own goal instead of scooping it clear

Match v1327
-----------

- Improved last ditch tackling and engaging of ball close to own goal
- Slightly reduced defender reactions at lower levels
- Improved engagement of ball player to reduce effectiveness of running with ball
- Fixed some instances where defenders dont engage ball player around own area until its too late
- Further tuned kick and header accuracy
- Reduced aimless passes into channel from high up pitch
- Fixed rare instances of dead ball not being delivered correctly into opposing area

Match v1328
-----------

- Further tweaked defending against ball player
- Fine tuned run past opponent counts slightly further
- Made dribbling slightly harder to achieve at higher speeds

- Made most players a favour more direct passes slightly
- Small fix to player reactions to loose balls

so as I said, there was not a date set. at all. The feb data update comes out in between 28th Feb and Early March, this is because the Russian window doesn't close till the 27th Feb. So how can you claim it was due out in Jan, or even late? Well before the data update, means anywhere between now and before roughly early march. Which was basically a 7 week window when they announced it. So in fact they are right on track with what he said.

Actually it was one build that caused a knock on, a build which had nothing to with the current in game issues. Since they were addressed in builds 1326 to 1328. Everything after that is about tightening the game up and build towards more updates in FM14. Since this will be the last scheduled update for FM13.

They could have released 1328. But then, that simply would have just fixed flaws. Not actually taken the game forward. Given that it would have been the last scheduled update until the next game, what would have been the point in that?

Last edited:
Hopefully it is this week. Provided the knock ons were easily rectified

Again that's not the only reason that stops a release. Sometimes they dont release something if it hasn't got the right feel, and they think they have time to address it, even if its minor. You vastly underestimate what they try to do. It's never about just fixing something. They only time something is released to just fix something is when its a hotfix. Everything else is always about trying to take it another step forward.

here is one thing that I would like the answer to, why is it that my team has to have 8 home grown players registered but that the ai teams do not? I just checked fulhams registration, 28 players and not 1 of them is english on top of this I am in the 2018-2019 season and there are absolutely **** all young english players that are even half decent

Homegrown isnt anything to with being english, its about being trained in the club/country for 3 years between 15 and 21.

Okay so this has been ******* me off. Spanish, Dutch, French and etc are European countries. They're also in the EU. Now my problem is that everytime I try to sign one of them, for example the year I'm in now is 2016, and David Villa's contract is expiring, and I attempted to sign him for free but it said I'm not allowed to sign him because he's not EU. I just don't get it and it really annoys me, like certain players are classified as EU and others aren't like Fabregas, Villa, Jordy Clasie and a few others. Do you guys know why its like this? I can't even sign youth that are from France or Holland because it says they're not European. I don't know if its because they're from another European club that's abroad, but nonetheless, they are European and they show up on the EU-National filter.

I dont know what to do, any suggestion?!!

Okay so this has been ******* me off. Spanish, Dutch, French and etc are European countries. They're also in the EU. Now my problem is that everytime I try to sign one of them, for example the year I'm in now is 2016, and David Villa's contract is expiring, and I attempted to sign him for free but it said I'm not allowed to sign him because he's not EU. I just don't get it and it really annoys me, like certain players are classified as EU and others aren't like Fabregas, Villa, Jordy Clasie and a few others. Do you guys know why its like this? I can't even sign youth that are from France or Holland because it says they're not European. I don't know if its because they're from another European club that's abroad, but nonetheless, they are European and they show up on the EU-National filter.

I dont know what to do, any suggestion?!!

What club are you?

And are you playing with an edited database of any kind?

Latest annoyance - why oh why do my players throw the ball straight to the opposition? I'm not talking about set plays but throw ins from your own half from which you can do nothing to change.... The amount of times this leads to a good chance for the opposition - rrrgh

Players don't even do that at pub level so why they do it in this game is beyond me. Annoying as ****.

Players don't even do that at pub level so why they do it in this game is beyond me. Annoying as ****.

Throw in logic is bugged, has been for a while, seems to be hard to fix. At least since its an ME iusse it will affect both user and AI equally

Nothing predictable about that. They just get steam rollered by me. If you suspect you're going to come unstuck, why not pre-emptively change things? I make sure they dont drag me into a scrappy game by playing wider and deeper and switching between retaining possession and going over the top. Amazing how quickly you can grind down their condition and batter them in the last 30 minutes.

Funny thing is, I knew you were going to say that! I did try messing them around which had a worse effect on my players than the opposition! Yes, I did steamroller them in the last 30 minutes, but by then I was 3 down! Top of the league, best defence in the league (19 conceded in 25 matches) and 2nd best attack, yet I was 3 down at home to the team that's rock bottom, 24th in the table! You could understand them parking the bus, having 1 shot to my 30 and scoring with it, which is the usual case and what I expected, but 3-0? That's just not ever going to happen in the real game when form going into a game is so diametrically opposite!

Won my first 6 games of the season, including a 2-0 win over Mna United. Scored 14 conceded 0, then get hammered 5-2 by Newcastle, who were 19th having scored 3 and conceded 14 before the game, I went 5-0 down within 40 minutes

Complained about a very similar result earlier, but apparently it's not predictable.......so how the **** do all of us know when it's going to happen then!

Last edited:
Penalties!! Is this a bug?
Counted 18 penalties (includes shootouts) 1 scored, different players who have the right attributes but they constantly miss. Also saw something where my player hit the bar from a penalty and nodded in the rebound. But it wasn't disallowed, yes thats right,I am complaining that my goal WAS NOT disallowed!

Penalties!! Is this a bug?
Counted 18 penalties (includes shootouts) 1 scored, different players who have the right attributes but they constantly miss. Also saw something where my player hit the bar from a penalty and nodded in the rebound. But it wasn't disallowed, yes thats right,I am complaining that my goal WAS NOT disallowed!

Penalty conversion slightly low on real life. Fixed for next update

Funny thing is, I knew you were going to say that! I did try messing them around which had a worse effect on my players than the opposition! Yes, I did steamroller them in the last 30 minutes, but by then I was 3 down! Top of the league, best defence in the league (19 conceded in 25 matches) and 2nd best attack, yet I was 3 down at home to the team that's rock bottom, 24th in the table! You could understand them parking the bus, having 1 shot to my 30 and scoring with it, which is the usual case and what I expected, but 3-0? That's just not ever going to happen in the real game when form going into a game is so diametrically opposite!

It doesnt happen in real often because most teams are well prepared, same way it doesnt happen in game for a lor of users because they themselves are prepared. That said; Everton Villa is a good example. And Saints nearly did a complete job on United.

Yes, I did steamroller them in the last 30 minutes, but by then I was 3 down! Top of the league, best defence in the league (19 conceded in 25 matches) and 2nd best attack, yet I was 3 down at home to the team that's rock bottom, 24th in the table! You could understand them parking the bus, having 1 shot to my 30 and scoring with it, which is the usual case and what I expected, but 3-0?

You've assumed form means you are going to turn up and win. Effectively complacency 101, and you got spanked for it. The fact that the bold is a usual issue for you is a massive warning sign about your approach. I just made this point to another user earlier. We all play the same game, yet the why do some have this issue, and some never do, the difference generally comes down to the user.

There is nothing predictable or unavoidable about, so if you are suffering constantly then you need to change any number of things. Given that we havent seen your setup any specific advice is impossible, but this generall happens to people, pushing up creating huge numbers of relatively one dimensional chances, and eventually getting pick off on the counter, which is one of the most dangerous attacks (in game and real life) because the team being countered is exposed, on the back foot, usually outnumbered and the shot taken is generally under no heavy pressure.

What club are you?

And are you playing with an edited database of any kind?

Im playing with Juventus and the only thing that i have edited is training facilities and January transfers

Back