Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
west brom v Wolves, carling cup final. Dominated them the whole match, then ebanks blake scores in the 115th minute. This game is absolute bullshit. Dont care what anyone says. It decides when you win or lose. Absolute fix.

Its not fixed. Whether you care or not what anyone says is largely irrelevant in truth. That's an actual fact its not fixed, the match engine doesnt work that way.

Its not fixed. Whether you care or not what anyone says is largely irrelevant in truth. That's an actual fact its not fixed, the match engine doesnt work that way.

How is it a fact its not fixed? They opponent didnt have 1 shot the whole game. And then at the death they scored.. hmm.

How is it a fact its not fixed? They opponent didnt have 1 shot the whole game. And then at the death they scored.. hmm.

Seriously, it's not fixed at all. Can you imagine what would happen if they would release a game that's scripted? It's just absolutely absurd and non-sensical. It's something which has happened in real life. Yeah it's frustrating as **** but get real. They wouldn't dare release a fixed game. Just have a look at shock results that have happened, teams that out have outpossed opponents by 80-20 (a la Barca v Celtic) and still go on to lose. If it was scripted it would be noticed by everyone and no-one would be posting on the success thread.

Yeah well, you can always tell FM is made by English programmers: England is overrated and Man U is overrated.

No thats not how it works. Each club and league has its own researchers from that area. Its got absolutely nothing to with SI being english...

Being in charge of Everton (bad enough lol). Finances secure (over £5 million in bank). Ok no transfer budget, but enough money for a loan signing (though didn't bother-enough squad depth to compete at all levels). Then I forget one tiny detail:

View attachment 308989

Along with losing £5 million in the space of a week, and available wages wiped out-now over budget. Always though had great attention to detail. :S

Challenge accepted

View attachment 309172

What the F*CK?????????!!!!!!

I'm also NOT in the play offs! I'm the best 3rd placed team!

Edit: Okay, after other groups completed their matches i'm qualified. I thought playoffs were about to be played but i guess i saw wrong. I haven't played any playoffs but i still look 3rd.. anyway i'm calm again. :)

Last edited:
I always feel like the mid October>December slump (well, in my case) feels SOMEWHAT scripted. 2 Left backs out both with spinal injuries, plus 3 DMC's out all at once. I've given away 5 dubious pens and even more dubious goals. I've seen my star wonderkid CB valued @ 12m aged 21 with no pressure whatsoever attempt a diving header to clear a long punt forward. The ball actually defies physics (i dont trust 3d, but still) and flies out the back of my players head and he scores a own goal. I've gone from 9 games unbeaten with my Mansfield team (3-3 draws against city and spurs, 2-1 v Chelsea) to no win in 7!

Ironic Edit : Just had a player sent off for basically nothing. 2 yellow cards 55th minute.

Even more ironic edit : Norwich score straight after so it's now 1-1.

Even more ironic edit 2 : My star playmaker is taken off injured 2 minutes later *fractured arm, 5 weeks*

Even more ironic edit 3 : 20 minutes later my AMR is taken off injured after i made 3 subs *ankle ligaments, 6 weeks*

Last edited:
No thats not how it works. Each club and league has its own researchers from that area. Its got absolutely nothing to with SI being english...

they have always done this. they have always made english players, and players at epl clubs unrealistically good. any player who gets linked with an english club in real life becomes a superstar in the next game. then wehen he doesnt join said english team he becomes average.

Yeah that happens. Once I was interested in one guy, he was having 800k per year, he wanted 6.25m per year from me! He wasn't even that good...

I'm paying crazy amounts of cash to 18-19yo or younger regens. Some want even 2M per year with no success or achievement in their past whatsoever...

i get players demanding £50k a week from me, then join someone else for £2k a week. happens when trying to buy players, club wants £10b then sells him to someone else for £2m. mind you, dundee utd once rejected a £100m offer from me for barry robson in fm07?

Penalties have an unrealisitically low success rate. Fixed in next patch.

any update on when the new patch will be out? complained about the game a few weeks ago on here and waiting for the fix before i even attempt to start a new game. not been a success from si on this one so far.

Another frustration - offering out about 4 class regens on loan, all of which would walk into any first 11 in the Championship, paying 100% of their wages with no loan fee and not ONE club is interested. Really? Considering they would probably join a League 1 side too...un-realistic. I'd have taken all 4 in a heart beat when I was in the lower leagues.

any update on when the new patch will be out? complained about the game a few weeks ago on here and waiting for the fix before i even attempt to start a new game. not been a success from si on this one so far.

No idea just yet mate, but I doubt they want to keep it locked up much longer. They did say they wanted to try and get it out before the data update.

Another frustration - offering out about 4 class regens on loan, all of which would walk into any first 11 in the Championship, paying 100% of their wages with no loan fee and not ONE club is interested. Really? Considering they would probably join a League 1 side too...un-realistic. I'd have taken all 4 in a heart beat when I was in the lower leagues.

I can understand your frustration, but personally I would rarely loan out top class regens. Instead I would keep them in the first team, get experienced players to tutor them, and give them playing time as often as possible. This will allow you to keep a lower overall wage, as you won't need as many senior players as backup. Also it will probably give them alot better progression than at any championship club. I currently have 8 regens in my first team squad, and they're all ranging from 15 to 18 years old - and they are progressing very nicely.

they have always done this. they have always made english players, and players at epl clubs unrealistically good. any player who gets linked with an english club in real life becomes a superstar in the next game. then wehen he doesnt join said english team he becomes average.

Again this just isn't true. This "they" you speak of doesn't exist. Each club/league has its own researcher. Since the researchers have to balance their reasoning against the other leagues. They certainly dont change a player when it he goes to a new club, because when a player arrives at say United in summer, its not the united player who researches him, its his former club's researcher.

For example Zaha in the next patch will be rated by the palace researcher, based on how he has performed from the start of the season till the end of last month.

Again this just isn't true. This "they" you speak of doesn't exist. Each club/league has its own researcher. Since the researchers have to balance their reasoning against the other leagues. They certainly dont change a player when it he goes to a new club, because when a player arrives at say United in summer, its not the united player who researches him, its his former club's researcher.

For example Zaha in the next patch will be rated by the palace researcher, based on how he has performed from the start of the season till the end of last month.

then explain how, stancu for example, was amazing in fm08 when he was linked with chelsea in the summer. the move didnt happen and he was ***** in future games? are you saying that the celtic researcher is a rangers fan, because the celtic team are ***** in this game. gary hooper couldnt score in a brothel in any of the games ive had him at celtic.
players in england, whoever "researches" them are always superior to players elsewhere. even diddies in england are amazing compared to elsewhere. clearly if someone is doing research then "they" do exist.

I would be interested to know why roughly 1 in 6 of my goals are disallowed. This is way too high to be realistic. Will this be altered in the next patch?

then explain how, stancu for example, was amazing in fm08 when he was linked with chelsea in the summer. the move didnt happen and he was ***** in future games? are you saying that the celtic researcher is a rangers fan, because the celtic team are ***** in this game. gary hooper couldnt score in a brothel in any of the games ive had him at celtic.
players in england, whoever "researches" them are always superior to players elsewhere. even diddies in england are amazing compared to elsewhere. clearly if someone is doing research then "they" do exist.

Stancu was playing amazing anyway! Thats why he got his rating upped, it was his amazing performances that got him linked to Chelsea. The Celtic researcher is a Celtic season ticket holder. He was n't as good because he didnt keep his form up... which happens to players everywhere. He was rubbish at gala. and ended up on loan the next season somewhere else.

The "someone" doesnt work for SI, except for gripper and 2 others, they are volunteers who are season ticket holders etc.

You do realise that a player usually goes to a big team because he has been really good the season before. But its the current researcher who rates that player.

The bold isnt even true either. If anything it was the french researchers who were guilty of overrating young prospects, and the germans researchers consistently under-rate their league. There was a two year argument about why they refuses to rate schweinsteiger as a near world class DLP

Last edited:
Back