Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
Again this just isn't true. This "they" you speak of doesn't exist. Each club/league has its own researcher.

bale & lennon are 18 & 17 for acceleration whilst james forrest is only 15 & 15. this just isnt true, forrests main weapon is his speed. wayne rooney is 15 & 15, and he would have a coronary trying to keep up with forrest. rooney isnt a speed merchant, so how is he level with forrest who is?

Again this just isn't true. This "they" you speak of doesn't exist. Each club/league has its own researcher.

bale & lennon are 18 & 17 for acceleration whilst james forrest is only 15 & 15. this just isnt true, forrests main weapon is his speed. wayne rooney is 15 & 15, and he would have a coronary trying to keep up with forrest. rooney isnt a speed merchant, so how is he level with forrest who is?

Rooney is pretty quick actually, dont mistake the fact that he now plays as a playmaker as a reason to suddenly drop his pace, thats not how research works. watch Rooney on the counter, he'd certainly match Forrest for speed. He just doesnt ahve to use it as much as the latter.

Bale and Lennon are two of the fastest players in Europe. Forrests main weapon might be his speed but he isnt as quick as either Bale or Lennon. Hence why the Celtic researcher gives him

Rooney is pretty quick, but doesnt rely on his pace. But his maximum pace and acceleration is pretty quick. He's actually got a bit slower, he used to be a bit quicker 2 seasons ago ( and thus was rated at 16/16 back then) Thats how it works, its not done on how much they use their pace, but actually how fast they are if they did. The Celtic researcher thinks Forrest is only a 15/15, thats got nothing to do with SI over rating England (since SI dont rate england) that's the researcher watching him, and saying thats how quick he think he is. If you dont like it, take it up with that resarcher.

If Bale played at amc and decided to play passing game, like a playmaker, he wouldnt suddenly become slower. He is still rapid, but he just isnt using his pace.

Last edited:
Rooney is pretty quick actually, dont mistake the fact that he now plays as a playmaker as a reason to suddenly drop his pace, thats not how research works. watch Rooney on the counter, he'd certainly match Forrest for speed. He just doesnt ahve to use it as much as the latter.

Bale and Lennon are two of the fastest players in Europe. Forrests main weapon might be his speed but he isnt as quick as either Bale or Lennon. Hence why the Celtic researcher gives him[/QUOTE]

rooney is pretty quick, but hes no speed merchant. forrest would leave him for dead. i am also a celtic season ticket holder so i see them every week.

Bale and Lennon are two of the fastest players in Europe. Forrests main weapon might be his speed but he isnt as quick as either Bale or Lennon. Hence why the Celtic researcher gives him

rooney is pretty quick, but hes no speed merchant. forrest would leave him for dead. i am also a celtic season ticket holder so i see them every week.[/QUOTE]

So then your issue is that you disagree with the Celtic researcher, that's nothing to do with SI as a whole or England researchers. Thats you thinking that the Celtic researcher is under-rating Forrest. If you think Forrest would leave Rooney for dead ( i dont think he would) then you need to back that up to the researcher that you think Forrest quicker than 15/15

Forrests main weapon might be his speed but he isnt as quick as either Bale or Lennon. Hence why the Celtic researcher gives him[/QUOTE]

i would say he is easily as fast as lennon. id agree bale is faster, bale is faster than lennon. its always like this, players in lower leagues are generally considered weaker and slower than top players when this isnt true.

Forrests main weapon might be his speed but he isnt as quick as either Bale or Lennon. Hence why the Celtic researcher gives him

i would say he is easily as fast as lennon. id agree bale is faster, bale is faster than lennon. its always like this, players in lower leagues are generally considered weaker and slower than top players when this isnt true.[/QUOTE]

The researcher currently disagrees, thats nothing to do with any other league or side, apart from him.

It certainly isnt always like this, clubs have their researchers, and then the league HR and the ARs compare them together

I say currently, we have no idea if he has been changed in the data update

One thing that's bugging me that happens every now and again is three players moving to close down the opposition player on the ball, in turn leaving three or four opposing players open in dangerous positions. Most of the time it results in a goal, and even though I've tried adjusting zonal marking to man marking and fiddled with Closing Down instructions they still do it.

I've noticed this in my FM save with Wolves. I'll score really early in the game, dominate the entire game have about 2-5 clear cut chances. Anytime after the 80th minute they will score no matter what, I'll put it on contain 4 defenders 2 defensive midfielders and they will score, its even happened against a f*cking N power league 2 team and then the match will end up a draw or they will win, really ****** me off. Also I hit the bar so many times as well probably hit the bar more times Liverpool did last season then what I have this season, only just played over 26 games.

Mike, I really applaud you for taking up for SI i know its frustrating at times.

This is the first year I feel like i am truly on the other side. I defended the first few patches, but the latest one sent me over the top. I just feel like they went from one extreme to another. I now understand why some people are calling themselves beta testers. Its February and the game feels like its lagging behind. I understand we all need to be patience, but mine has really grown thin.

Last edited:
No thats not how it works. Each club and league has its own researchers from that area. Its got absolutely nothing to with SI being english...

Suure, confuse the issue with facts. I was also going moan that Holland was unrealistically bad in FM12 and FM13, but then the real life Euros happened and, well...

Mike, I really applaud you for taking up for SI i know its frustrating at times.

This is the first year I feel like i am truly on the other side. I defended the first few patches, but the latest one sent me over the top. I just feel like they went from one extreme to another. I now understand why some people are calling themselves beta testers. Its February and the game feels like its lagging behind. I understand we all need to be patience, but mine has really grown thin.

Is it true that the match engine is so terrible because it's a new version of the match engine?

Last edited:

Its the nature of ******** up a patch on a new engine. FM10 had the exact same issues in 10.2, then 10.3 was brilliant, and they never looked back till the end of FM12. There is always a risk when you radically change the engine, but when your aim is to get as close to real football, its a risk you have to take if you want progress for yourself and your fanbase. Most of the time, they get it spot on. Not so for now this time, irritating i know, but lessons are always learned and we will all benefit in the long run. Like I said, its 3 builds behind were it should be, but by the time we get the update the difference will be so huge ( for the right reasons) it will feel like we're playing a different game.

Players are not beta testers. Personally, I'm used to getting paid for beta testing.
Other companies are quite capable of making major engine changes without releasing buggy products.

Reminds me of Paradox Interactive. They got quite a reputation for releasing broken games...so they issued a public apology and learned from it. Their recent games have been extensively tested and it shows.

Last edited:
Players are not beta testers. Personally, I'm used to getting paid for beta testing.
Other companies are quite capable of making major engine changes without releasing buggy products.

Reminds me of Paradox Interactive. They got quite a reputation for releasing broken games...so they issued a public apology and learned from it. Their recent games have been extensively tested and it shows.

You're only a "beta tester" because they listen to you, they actively rely on mass feedback because of the sheer complexity that cannot be tested internally for all variables.
In any other case you'd just be an unlucky gamer (think BF3 and DICE)

Other companies dont release an engine this complex. And 90 of the time they get it spot on. FM is widely known for having one the most complex engines out there. And the game isnt even broken, lets cut out the hyperbole.

And please, every company releases buggy games. The vast majority of people just dont even notice half the time unless they are true show stoppers. Which none of them are.

Last edited:
You're only a "beta tester" because they listen to you, they actively rely on mass feedback because of the sheer complexity that cannot be tested internally for all variables.
In any other case you'd just be an unlucky gamer (think BF3 and DICE)

Other companies dont release an engine this complex. And 90 of the time they get it spot on. FM is widely known for having one the most complex engines out there. And the game isnt even broken, lets cut out the hyperbole.

And please, every company releases buggy games. The vast majority of people just dont even notice half the time unless they are true show stoppers. Which none of them are.

Skyrim, Oblivion to name just a few.Bethesda are well known for doing this-and some people find their game has a game breaking bug. World of Warcraft is ALWAYS being patched up to fix bugs. God forbid SI should release a game with bugs.

Skyrim, Oblivion to name just a few.Bethesda are well known for doing this-and some people find their game has a game breaking bug. World of Warcraft is ALWAYS being patched up to fix bugs. God forbid SI should release a game with bugs.

I'm a huge Elder Scrolls-fan, and Skyrim had quite a few bugs. One bug in particular was potentially game-breaking, but I managed to get past it thanks to the console (another huge advantage in playing on a PC). And I didn't really care much about it, because everything else about the game was so unbelievably awesome. Of course a game of that size is gonna have bugs. And when it comes to FM13, I gotta be honest and say I haven't noticed that many bugs. And none of them have been even close to game-breaking. So I don't really understand what all the fuss is about. (Yes I've conceded a retarded goal every now and then, but I still haven't seen a beach ball on the pitch)

Back