Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
Well i've been playing CM/FM for almost 15 years. I'll admit that i'm by no means an expert but you could say that i'm a experienced player. But this is by far the most annoying and frustrating FM version i've ever played (and i've installed the latest patch which is 13.2.3 i believe). This is mainly due to the terrible match engine as we have criticised during this thread. These are some of the flaws i have observed during my 5 days of playing:

Players in all areas of the pitch seem to take ages to pass, even when there are tons of options around for easy ones. Even when i set the tactics to narrow width + short passes, it doesn't change a thing and players lost possession easily because of the delay.

When defending agst counter attack, sometimes players just walk back very slowly even though there are 5,6 opponents running like mad.

Headers are a mess, free headers at the back by defenders are normally resulted in corners for the opposing team. Not to mention the amount of mis-headers from CB are astounding.

Keepers pass the ball stupidly to opponents forwards are a regularity.

Yellow cards sometimes are given in the first few seconds for what seems like a harmless foul in the middle of the park.

Wingers run 40 50 yards to a good crossing position near the byline and make a back pass to fullbacks 30 yards behind.

By my calculation almost 60% of penalties are saved.

Almost every shots are like they are taken with 100% power, even in 1-one-1 vs keeper situation, what happened with placement shots and curlers?

Closing down and tight marking is a joke. Sometimes when i set closedown to never, other team players just go run straight through the defend without any challenge and have a 1on1 with keeper. They seem to have no idea when to challenge and when to stand off. And sometimes when i set closedown to yes, then 2, sometimes 3, players are dragged to that player and leave a huge gap behind. And apparently tight marking is nowhere near tight for me.

Very often that a player use their weaker foot to attempt a long range from 30 35 yards when there are other passing options available. Also very often is that players get into good shooting position from the side and even inside the box (Ashley Young with his favorite far post shot) and then decided to make a float cross or attempt some other silly things. It's killing me seeing things like that.

For me, i like everything with the FM13, from the renovated training to the talk to squad, talk to player thing but if the most important feature which is the ME has so many flaws and problems like this, it's a waste of time for me playing this game.

Getting back into FM13 again, but again left very unimpressed and frustrated.

- Watching the ME in 3D, games seem to be won by whoever makes the fewest mistakes, no matter what tactics I use.
- Been able to decrease the crossed goals I concede, but I'm seeing so many defensive errors - botched clearances, poor back passes, terrible headers, the lot. How can you nullify that?

uqSJQN4.jpg

qXPQOf7.jpg

Brilliant.. I was just appointed as the manager and the club is currently sitting on the bottom of the league. Transfer deadline is in one week.

I was just about to sign a few deals that might've helped the club avoid relegation. Thanks a lot 'fans'.

Last edited:
Why is it that every version of FM over the past few years starts off with any team you pick in the Irish Premier League, which I try to do a proper career in, as a pro team but operates as if it was a semi pro. Even after managing to win Europa or Champions league, any decent players only want an over-inflated wage (as Key player only), low release clause & will refuse to extend their contract. Especially galling when you bring in young players to train up as homegrown for Euro cups, just as they are getting good they are snapped up as a free transfer with little or no compensation.

Has this update actually made the game better as all I can see that its done is take away the ability for my players to tackle! No matter how I set my team up they don't tackle anyone! I constantly get played off the park by average teams because of this! I have a team that has 2 centrebacks and 2 centremids with 18+ for tackling and no one can make challenge! The joke of it is my team with superior passing and dribbling ability can't seem to put any good football together no matter how I set them up to play (I did a test where I played against the same team 10 times win or lose with different set ups and every time they played me off the park). I just really don't see the point in buying good players setting a decent formation to suit these players when every team you play against sets up with a 4-4-2 and can play a centreback in centre midfield who passes the ball like Xavi. Since this game has come out its been problem after problem and I really don't see it getting better any time soon... If anyone can offer any suggestions as to how to get my team to tackle it would be really helpful!

Also does anyone else have a problem with players being massively overpriced? If I sell a player I am lucky to get his asking price yet if I try to buy anyone I have to pay double what they are worth sometimes triple! Then if I don't bother another team will offer half of what I did and end up signing him! Also the contract demands are ridiculous! I sign a player that was on £8k and all of a sudden he wants £80k to play for me!! Its such a shame as the game I feel looks good and the additions they have made I like it's just the match engine is such a massive joke it makes it a pointless waste of time. I still don't buy into this 'the match engine can't tell between user and cpu' **** either! I swear 90% of mistakes I see are made by my players such as short back passes, poor kicks from keepers etc... I rarely see an opposing team make these mistakes but for me it seems every other game a mistake like this happens and I have good decision makers in my team as well!

My ******** board... He's announced that he's going to reduce finances for next season and has given me a poxy transfer budget of 7 million. I barely survived my first season in the prem and was hoping for a nice cash injection to strengthen my defence and buy a quality striker. Thankfully I've got some good young regens who will hopefully be good enough for the first team now.

This has got to be the most frustrating FM ever...

Just had a game Tottenham v Swansea, I'm Tottenham btw

4-0 up 75 mins gone.... we can all guess what happens next

4-1 75min
4-2 80min
4-3 85min
4-4 90min

Plus swansea almost scored a 5th..

I mean this is just rediculous, if this isnt scripted i dont know what is.

Well Swansea is currently 5th in my league. West Brom 6th, Man City 7th, and Liverpool 8th.

*When my only goalkeeper gets injured...

Last edited:
I've played through about 15 seasons in FM13... has anyone actually had a team interested in buying one of your players? The only time I ever sell anyone is because I purposely offer them out, aside from that no one ever tries to make a transfer for one of my players.

Chris Samba runs straight across the goal mouth and passes the ball away when it was the easiest goal to probably score in history..... sigh (drew the game 3:3)

[video=youtube;KhPbeKlOnwU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhPbeKlOnwU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Just got Charlton promoted to the prem and was given a £30 tranfer budget!!!!!!!

Three straight games without a single shot on target. Frustrated also that my tactics before the latest patch were spot on, but now the team are playing terribly. Not a shot at SI or the game, but it's still **** frustrating. Back to the drawing board!

We're 4th in the table, next match up is West Ham away. They are on a run of 8 straight defeats and haven't won at home all season. I wonder what is going to happen!

We're 4th in the table, next match up is West Ham away. They are on a run of 8 straight defeats and haven't won at home all season. I wonder what is going to happen!

We actually won the game 2-1 with 2 goals in the last 10 minutes....the winner being an own goal! So the shock was that there wasn't a shock!

Things I'm learning in my first FM13 Premier League season:
1. A player will catch a cold or food poisoning on the Friday before a game and therefore miss the game (obviously down to the improved defending and more aggressive tackling!).
2. A player will get injured in the match and be out for 3 weeks minimum
3. I lose every home game against the "big boys" at home by 2-1 after being 1-0 down and pulling it back to 1-1. Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool have done it to me so far, the last 2 in the last 5 minutes!

P.S. I'm obviously using "big boys" in it's very loosest sense when referring to Liverpool!

How can people say this game is realistic. Hernandez had an open goal from 1 yard out but decided to run outside the box and cross it in. I've lost hope for this game. Seriously did they even test the game before it came out?

View attachment 312398

Here's gratitude for you. The season I took over (2015/16) HSV were in danger of relegation, I got them up to 11th and with a bit of luck we actually got participation in the Europa League qualification playoffs as well (fair play award). One season on and we've not only qualified for the Europa League, but qualified for the knockout stage with a game in hand and are number 1 in the Bundesliga after 13 games. Yet mister negative here is whining that HSV hasn't improved enough?

Currently in 2018/19, My top two earners just got rewarded with new contracts putting them both on 100k a week at the start of the season keeping them tied up until 2023, January comes around, They both want new contracts and both hand in transfer requests when denied, Considering the my next highest earner after them is only on 78k a week and they are now wanting 160k each, Everyone of my players wants a new contract every other month despite them all being tied down for 2-3 more seasons.

Also sick and tired of clubs trying to take my staff as manager, My staff are pretty loyal and quite easy to convince to stick around these days but i am constantly fending off interest from clubs in my staff, Took me 6 long hard seasons to finally put together a 5 star coaching and under 18's coaching staff, So annoying when i lose one of them.

Back