Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
And went horribly wrong . . . .

View attachment 312861

I've played FM for over 15years and never had these kinds of problems! Every season I seem get off to a good/amazing start, then after Christmas I can't win a game and get sacked lol sick of it!

Just had a case where my winger ran from the halfway line right back to his own corner flag then proceed to boot it out for a corner. Didn't even try to win a goal kick or a throw in, just booted it directly out for a corner. They got a dodgy penalty from the corner too. Thankfully, my keeper saved it.

More a frustration for the AI manager. A couple of games ago, my winger put in a cross. My striker got a weak header on it and it was bouncing gently towards their keeper and my players didn't even bother trying to go for it. No danger for my opponents, right? Of course, their defender decides to charge after the ball and goes for a diving header from about 2 yards out just as the keeper is about to pick it up. Luckily for them, it went narrowly wide. That would annoy anyone.

For some reason, when I tell my central defenders to mark a specific striker, that for some reason translates to "Don't mark them at all and let them run past you at every opportunity so they can score easily."

Has anyone come from a 2-0 or 1-0 down to WIN ? After 2 seasons and all of the tweaking and changing of tactics, subs, shouts. I've NEVER come from behind to beat a decent team. EVER. Oh and I have been beaten or draw when winning 2-0 or 1-0 quite a lot, most of them scored between 80-90 minute which make me kind of sick. It even get to the point when I just give up when being 2-0 down because i know it will not make any difference making changes.

Last edited:
I also think that the result of the match now depends more on the morale of the team, rather than the quality of the players. When they're all superb and very good in morale, we could get strings of positive results. When morale dips, it will take at least 1 to 2 month to recover, by that time it might be to late, you could be easily beaten 4 or 5 in a row if the fixture is not favorable.

I have van Persie, Rooney, Gaston Ramirez, Young, Reus, Cabaye in my team and for the whole season i've never scored directly from a free kick. haizzzzzzzzz

Has anyone come from a 2-0 or 1-0 down to WIN ? After 2 seasons and all of the tweaking and changing of tactics, subs, shouts. I've NEVER come from behind to beat a decent team. EVER. Oh and I have been beaten or draw when winning 2-0 or 1-0 quite a lot, most of them scored between 80-90 minute which make me kind of sick. It even get to the point when I just give up when being 2-0 down because i know it will not make any difference making changes.

I came back from 3-0 down to level it at 3-3......then lost it to a last minute goal!

I also think that the result of the match now depends more on the morale of the team, rather than the quality of the players. When they're all superb and very good in morale, we could get strings of positive results. When morale dips, it will take at least 1 to 2 month to recover, by that time it might be to late, you could be easily beaten 4 or 5 in a row if the fixture is not favorable.

The mental side of things plays a big part....too big maybe.......but it always has done in every edition of FM I've played. A player's mental attributes are also just as important as his technical and physical attributes. It's no good having 20 for finishing if your composure is 5, or 20 for passing when your decisions is only 6!

One thing that really frustrates me is the heading from forward players. Their headers at goal are almost always either horizontal or upwards, resulting in chances either hitting the woodwork or going over the bar from inside the 6 yard box! When I was playing I was always told to head the ball down. It would be nice, and more realistic, if SI could get the forwards on FM to do the same!

getting mreally ****** off with the amount of stupid defensive mistakes, I admit there are going to be a certain amout but this is ridiculous really ruining the game for me right now

The mental side of things plays a big part....too big maybe.......but it always has done in every edition of FM I've played. A player's mental attributes are also just as important as his technical and physical attributes. It's no good having 20 for finishing if your composure is 5, or 20 for passing when your decisions is only 6!
I'd say that it's more important. Technical and physical attributes are secondary to the players personality and mental attribs.
I know jack squat about tactics, but if you hire professionals and keep them in good form and happy... it's almost too simple to win every game.

Getting eliminated from the CL even though you beat Hoffenheim 7-0 but results go against you...

I'd say that it's more important. Technical and physical attributes are secondary to the players personality and mental attribs.
I know jack squat about tactics, but if you hire professionals and keep them in good form and happy... it's almost too simple to win every game.

I wouldn't say technical and physical were secondary, otherwise I'd have Stephen Fry and Stephen Hawking in my side every day! I'd say that they were equally as important. As I said before, the player's technicals and physicals have to be backed up by his mentals. Having said that, I signed Le Fondre and in 2014 his Finishing is 17, Composure 16 and Anticipation 14. He banged in loads pre-season against equal stature teams and then got a hernia the day before the season kicked off. Now, after he's recovered he couldn't hit a barn door with a machine gun! So obviously it's the hidden attributes that's having some effect, which we have no control over! Annoying!

Back