Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
The frustration for me is that my southampton team are struggling to win games. Im in the 20th of jan and sit 2 points above the relegation zone and i need help. I've got 4.75m to spend and i've relied on bringing Muntari and Tello on loan in this window with Adryan and Doria also being brought in. If anyone can recommend signings or tactics i will be grateful thanks.

Another sending off for an inoccuous deliberate handball! This is the second time it's happened. In midfield, no goalscoring opportunity denied. Are they trying to make the refs on here even worse than those in The Premiership? Surely a bug like this can't be that difficult to sort out....just a bit of simple IF, AND & THEN programming logic surely!

Oh....and while I'm here......just had my striker go past their GK in the area, open goal tap in from 6 yards out centre of goal, but instead of pulling the trigger he waits for the defender to catch him and all I get is a corner!

Injuries are so ridiculous on FM. On EVERY save I have tons of injuries, 1-2 players pick up knocks almost every game and are out for 2-3 games. Right now I'm playing with 3 u18's and 2 reserve players in my first team, because I'm swamped with injuries. And this happens on every save. RAGE!

My frustration? Every time a play the game, which is almost on a daily basis some of my players are Natural on different positions. One day he's a advanced playmaker-support & the other a deep lying playmaker-defend etc... That happens all the time,
And there's a lot of MC DLP-s like too many strikers with DLP-s.
Now i play with PSG & my DL & DR are injured ALL the time but when i played with Man Utd there were NO injuries except for RVP.
That's it thx for hearing me out : D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Have to say I've noticed a marked increase of injuries myself. Nothing serious though just recovarable knocks. THough I wonder if it is because of the patch as it stated that tackling has been tweaked to make it more aggressive. So oppossing players with poor tackling/high aggression go a bit mental-as mine do sometimes

The amount of injuries in this game is amazing. Robben and Ribery injured constantly. Just had Robben return from a 2 month injury and bam! injured again for 2-3 weeks.. On the other hand its realistic with those two anyway..

My frustration? Every time a play the game, which is almost on a daily basis some of my players are Natural on different positions. One day he's a advanced playmaker-support & the other a deep lying playmaker-defend etc... That happens all the time,
And there's a lot of MC DLP-s like too many strikers with DLP-s.
Now i play with PSG & my DL & DR are injured ALL the time but when i played with Man Utd there were NO injuries except for RVP.
That's it thx for hearing me out : D

Yeah. When a player is X-stars in 2 or 3 different roles ( not positions), its rather random what role is showing up as his best one as he is equally good in them all. Its not that he is suddenly getting better or worse at any role though but instead just an annoying cosmectic flaw ( although not a bug

In my Southampton save in 2015 I seem to have a squad capable of doing well in the premier league. Always manage to dominate games at the start but always conceded first somehow resulting to losses when the opponent have only 1-2 shots on target. This game is just ******* me off.

Hi, can one of you please help me with regards to training young talent into world class players. Preferred moves, focus training etc. At the moment i have Mario gotze, isco, and yan m,vila. These are all young, but still very good players. But i know there attributes are capable of being better through my previous saves, Whats the best way in getting there attributes up?? Any advice would be appreciated.

This game has serious issues and I have officially gone back to FM12.

The inability to stop cross is beyond pathetic. You can have two man on this guy in the corner but somehow he'll sneak a cross in with pin-point accuracy.

In general, set-plays (corners and deep free kicks) and crosses are just so overpowered on this game to the point where it's just silly.

I am a firm believer that you need to be a tactical genius to play FM13, otherwise you will not have any consistency at all (unless you're using a downloaded tactic or exploiting the ME with Crosses).

Players on the pitch just don't listen to what you want them to do, therefore it's hard to implement a style of play because the players just do their own thing.

The dilly-dallying on the game is unreal. There are can be five options ahead of him but he wont release the ball. He'll slowly move forward until he's tackled.. WTF.

This game is so broken. I buy FM religiously and consider myself a loyal customer. I understand that ALL games (PC and Console) will have bugs...

... But FM13 really does take the biscuit.

The latest patch improved the game a little but the glaring flaws in the game are still there.

It's supposed to be fun and challenging. But it's not, it's just frustrating.

I don't think I'll buy FM14 until a reliable friend gives me a deep review on the game. I'm not being ripped off £30 again.

Goodnight.

Last edited:
This game has serious issues and I have officially gone back to FM12.

The inability to stop cross is beyond pathetic. You can have two man on this guy in the corner but somehow he'll sneak a cross in with pin-point accuracy.

In general, set-plays (corners and deep free kicks) and crosses are just so overpowered on this game to the point where it's just silly.

I am a firm believer that you need to be a tactical genius to play FM13, otherwise you will not have any consistency at all (unless you're using a downloaded tactic or exploiting the ME with Crosses).

Players on the pitch just don't listen to what you want them to do, therefore it's hard to implement a style of play because the players just do their own thing.

The dilly-dallying on the game is unreal. There are can be five options ahead of him but he wont release the ball. He'll slowly move forward until he's tackled.. WTF.

This game is so broken. I buy FM religiously and consider myself a loyal customer. I understand that ALL games (PC and Console) will have bugs...

... But FM13 really does take the biscuit.

The latest patch improved the game a little but the glaring flaws in the game are still there.

It's supposed to be fun and challenging. But it's not, it's just frustrating.

I don't think I'll buy FM14 until a reliable friend gives me a deep review on the game. I'm not being ripped off £30 again.

Goodnight.

None of this is objectively true though, not in the slightest. The only issue is that players can occaisionally dally. Literally everything else is 100% tactical and player approach based. You might as well stick with 12 because you have the same with every single future FM then.

None of this is objectively true though, not in the slightest. The only issue is that players can occaisionally dally. Literally everything else is 100% tactical and player approach based. You might as well stick with 12 because you have the same with every single future FM then.

Are you seriously trying to tell me there isn't an issue with deep free kicks and the inability for the fullback to block crosses which leads to a pin-point cross even though a player has 5 Crossing..

The game is broken, and many people I know agree with me. But because you're a mod, you have to defend the game and pull out the old punchline of "it's you/tactics".

Are you seriously trying to tell me there isn't an issue with deep free kicks and the inability for the fullback to block crosses which leads to a pin-point cross even though a player has 5 Crossing..

The game is broken, and many people I know agree with me. But because you're a mod, you have to defend the game and pull out the old punchline of "it's you/tactics".

Yes I am, you can actually kill crossing quite easily, ditto free kicks.

The game isnt broken, I could cite well pretty much every person from SI, every long term tactical mod ( who dont work for them and are actually the fiercest critics because they understand exactly what's broken).

And please dont give me that rubbish line that i defend it because im a mod. Its nonsense and a very weak argument.

One i flagged up more bugs than you even know existed, actually backed up with with evidence.

And two being a mod has got naff all to with SI, the difference is I actually just PM PaulC/report in a bug what i think is wrong, rather than wasting it on a frustration thread, I then submit evidence, and get feedback on it.

It is your approach, I'm going to say otherwise to flatter anyone egos. Likewise if something is a bug, its a bug, regardless of whether someone doesnt it want to be.

For example did you know that MCs are fundamentally broken in FM12 in terms of defence?? They have been since FM10 and it required the new engine to fix them

Last edited:
There are actually a number of issues to be addressed, but you didnt mention any of them.

Defenders heading for corners far too often.

Players heading the ball on too often in general

still too many tackles and interceptions compared to real life

The concept of pressing as a still needs work

the ball is allowed to run for throw ins too often.

I could actually go on, but I'm really quite late for dinner

Last edited:

Totally agree with Mike on this one. I've managed to stop the vast majority of crosses. It's pretty simple when you think about it, but YOU HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT! I've been doing it for the 3 seasons of my present save and have had one of the best defensive records each season, and that was even before this patch which made defending better!

Free kicks is all down to preparation........defending set pieces and defensive positioning might have something to do with it!

Sorry to come out with the old punchline.......but it's YOU and YOUR TACTICS!

Pfft..

I see no-one has actually told me how to stop crosses from coming..

Just again, telling me it's "my tactics, it's me".

FYI, I have used Defending Set-Pieces before to no effect. I haven't just decided to quit the game without trying, jeez.

Last edited:
Hey Liam what formation & tactics are you using? I been playing with the same one since fm 2009 but in fm2013 had to switch it up completely to have a good result. Been on it for days till i figured it out. Now i'm destroying pretty much everyone with PSG.
Cheers

need to agree that crosses are a bug , every goal i concede is from a cross or corner. I am Mansfield and got promoted every season then when i get to Premier League which i finished 8th first season i concede from crosses all the time. if its our tactics..........cmon tell us all how to stop goals from crosses then cause i know you cant.

If you're conceding from crosses LITERALLY 100% OF THE TIME, then yeah, it is most definitely your tactics. In my Napoli file I concede about 70% of my goals from crosses, but that's because I play a 3-4-1-2, and thus quick balls in behind my wing-backs are the best way to get at me.

Back