Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
Look at those 4 players, you are playing very very high up the pitch, with a very direct style, with a defensive line that isnt very good. Your wingers are AML and AMRs with attack duties, so they are providing zero cover to your full backs.

Laczko and Maloca are defensive liabilities, are these the ones at full back?

You point out yourself that brentford in the PL, you are actually asking more of you players than they can actually deliver. To be 8th is actually very good. Playing with such aggressve wingers requires your full backs to be pretty good for that level. Assuming that the two I mentioned are the full backs they are not.

Laczko is the Left Back. I admit he's not good enough, but I only have a budget of 2 or so Mil.
Masiello is the Right Back. I think he's pretty decent.
I do make my wingers track back by using marking.

Laczko is the Left Back. I admit he's not good enough, but I only have a budget of 2 or so Mil.
Masiello is the Right Back. I think he's pretty decent.
I do make my wingers track back by using marking.

You have a style that you want to play, you dont necessarily have the players to do it. What are the attributes of the wingers that you are trying to get to track back?

Masiello is better, but also not particularly quick, and a quick full back of any kind could hurt him.

I'm not necessarily telling you to change, after all you are 8th. I'm just pointing out why you are getting hurt by crosses in particular (defensively I can see why you are very hard to beat through the middle)

88th minute playoff final with Oldham my player takes a ball off their CM who in the mean time goes down injured plays a through ball to my striker who's one on one squares the ball to my other striker open goal and he puts it out of play for the injured player game finishes nil nil goes to pens and I get beat 5-4 fair play or what

Managing to beat every single team I come across...except Tottenham. In every encounter this season I lost to them.

Why is everyone practicimg defend set pieces for crosses? Wouldn't defensive positioning (there is that right?) Be a far better option?

Why is everyone practicimg defend set pieces for crosses? Wouldn't defensive positioning (there is that right?) Be a far better option?

Do both...use Def Pos as your default and defend set pieces for match prep. This isn't particularly for preventing crosses, just for be able to deal with the ones they manage to get in!

To stop crosses I use opposition instruction to close down and show onto weaker foot for their full backs and wingers. If they're top class then I use tight marking and hard tackling too. It's been very successful for me so far.

Try working with a fluid philosophy and concentrate on teamwork, making them all fill another spot etc; may help more with the closing down section...

Edit: this is for a closing down question that jist disappeared

Last edited:
When you receive the exiting news that the stadium is getting expanded as you're playing on average of 99% attendence every game. The you find out the stadium is only getting expanded by 26 seats :S

Ouch hard bro :/

Took one year for them to raise mine.by 5000 and i lost 4000 during the season while they did it.

This year during the off season 15000 extra over three months... What were the buildergs doing on thelast one?

Hi, can one of you please help me with regards to training young talent into world class players. Preferred moves, focus training etc. At the moment i have Mario gotze, isco, and yan m,vila. These are all young, but still very good players. But i know there attributes are capable of being better through my previous saves, Whats the best way in getting there attributes up?? Any advice would be appreciated.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...mplete-how-train-tutor-my-players-thread.html

Ouch hard bro :/

Took one year for them to raise mine.by 5000 and i lost 4000 during the season while they did it.

This year during the off season 15000 extra over three months... What were the buildergs doing on thelast one?

COWBOYS!

im having trouble with fm08, ive had it on my laptop before, ive just installed bk on and it doesnt autorun i find the file and double click it, it still doesnt runs instead it comes up with a message about it not been a valid win32 application, i tried download the patch for it and that said that it could find file level 5 or something like that, can you help please

Anyone having serious problems with goalkeepers distribution since the latest patch?

Before hand there was no such problem but since the patch (13.2.1?) it has been a massive problem. At some stage in the match, a free-kick/goal-kick will be awarded and the next thing you know the ball is being punted into an open net. Why? Because the goalkeeper has decided to not even try and kick the ball well. Instead, he stands behind the ball and doesn't even do a run up, just a one step then kick straight to the other team who, no matter what level the football is, the ball is struck first time perfectly into the net from 35 yards+... it's getting really annoying and costing me a lot of points. It's probably happened in around 10-12 occasions now. I would openly say it is my goalkeepers kicking ability but with it happening for no reason at all, with every other kick being of good quality it's hard to single it down to that.

Ach well.

Anyone having serious problems with goalkeepers distribution since the latest patch?

Before hand there was no such problem but since the patch (13.2.1?) it has been a massive problem. At some stage in the match, a free-kick/goal-kick will be awarded and the next thing you know the ball is being punted into an open net. Why? Because the goalkeeper has decided to not even try and kick the ball well. Instead, he stands behind the ball and doesn't even do a run up, just a one step then kick straight to the other team who, no matter what level the football is, the ball is struck first time perfectly into the net from 35 yards+... it's getting really annoying and costing me a lot of points. It's probably happened in around 10-12 occasions now. I would openly say it is my goalkeepers kicking ability but with it happening for no reason at all, with every other kick being of good quality it's hard to single it down to that.

Ach well.

13.2.1? We are on 13.2.3. check what ME version you have in game status

I have not said anything regarding injuries as it was not over the top (well it was pretty close)

but now I have 6 first team players injured at the moment! just had 2 more 4-6 week injuries happen now! Shane Long and Weiss both out while I have Remy/Pato/Clasie/ and Jose Angel all out as well)

struggling..

I have not said anything regarding injuries as it was not over the top (well it was pretty close)

but now I have 6 first team players injured at the moment! just had 2 more 4-6 week injuries happen now! Shane Long and Weiss both out while I have Remy/Pato/Clasie/ and Jose Angel all out as well)

struggling..

Have you ever noticed that when you've had a player injured for a while and he get's back into full training a different player in the same position will pick up an injury, thus insuring that you never have the full compliment to choose from?

Just conceded the most ridiculous goal ever. Player out on the wing, being closed down, very few players in the box to aim for. No danger, right? So, their winger drives the cross in low, and it goes straight in the far corner, with my keeper just standing there as the ball goes past him at a not so great velocity. Should have been an easy catch, as it was straight at him.

If anyone a has a comprehensive guide to defending on this game, I'm all ears. *Angry face*

Back