Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
But that's my point! Have something to aim for! Yes you want to manage your favourite team, so why not earn it?

I understand the reasons you give for starting as a big club. Obviously you think about the real-life game, analyze the way teams play and try to replicate that in FM. But surely that type of save should be one of the challenge modes rather than the norm?

having you not being able to chose any team you want to manage from the start would be the end of the series as we know it! why would you want to manage Manchester United in 10 years time when you are forced to start off as Sunday League and maybe one day getting offered the job when the only players that are still at the club are Angelo Henriquez, Rafael and De Gea the rest being regens and other players...

Don't be silly mate :) I know where you are coming from but as Mike, every year I start with United and play around 4 seasons at most to test the game out and certain things, do guides etc etc...

I do not want to be dictated to what level of management I must start at! I bought the game I can chose who I want when I want..

that is the bottom line

But that's my point! Have something to aim for! Yes you want to manage your favourite team, so why not earn it?

I understand the reasons you give for starting as a big club. Obviously you think about the real-life game, analyze the way teams play and try to replicate that in FM. But surely that type of save should be one of the challenge modes rather than the norm?

Earn it?. I once turned Maccesfield into a side so dominant in football the top 3 players for the Ballon D'or were my regens. Why would I want to do that every year, just to play as Manchester United? And then not play with the current players because its taken me 5-6 years to get there? That "take them to the top" part of the game no longer fascinates me.

And then there are those who just want to play as a big team, and I dont see why they should grind through the game just to do it.

You "earn" it through a journeyman save. That's the point of a journeyman save. There no right way to play the game.

why should it be a challenge mode? Why arbitrarily cut parts out the game

Last edited:
I do admit I prefer starting at lower league level then wait for the job offer. But making people earn the right to manage their fave club-which may not even happen-is just the best way to kill sales for the best management series going. What if a 10 year old wants to take charge of Chelsea straight away-making a kid that age work work and work even more for that right is just not a viable option. And before anyone says anything-he'll probably get help from his mum or dad/both. If people want to earn it that's the path they'll chose themselves-people like myself. It shouldn't be predetermined which would take away a lot of peoples enjoyment.

having you not being able to chose any team you want to manage from the start would be the end of the series as we know it! why would you want to manage Manchester United in 10 years time when you are forced to start off as Sunday League and maybe one day getting offered the job when the only players that are still at the club are Angelo Henriquez, Rafael and De Gea the rest being regens and other players...

Don't be silly mate :) I know where you are coming from but as Mike, every year I start with United and play around 4 seasons at most to test the game out and certain things, do guides etc etc...

I do not want to be dictated to what level of management I must start at! I bought the game I can chose who I want when I want..

that is the bottom line

Like I said before. I appreciate that you and Mike play the game for different reasons to most of us. That's why people on here have so much respect for the advice you give and the tactics you create. That's why I suggested that the way you play the game should be a different mode. That wouldn't be taking away any choice at all would it?

And, as you say......you can see where I'm coming from!

Like I said before. I appreciate that you and Mike play the game for different reasons to most of us. That's why people on here have so much respect for the advice you give and the tactics you create. That's why I suggested that the way you play the game should be a different mode. That wouldn't be taking away any choice at all would it?

Actually it is, why would you remove my choice, for example, to be part of the main game?

And what about those who simply just want to play as their favourite side? why on earth should they be punished just because their side happens to be Arsenal or Liverpool, or Lyon?

If someone wants to start as Lyon, so be it.

If someone wants to start unemployed, so be it.

but SI won't make a new game mode for people like myself and Mike :)

they just released FMC which fits peoples agenda's, I for one will NEVER touch FMC, EVER!

so in essence, what you are saying is that they should make a journeyman type of option that forces you to start unemployed or forces you to choose a club in the bottom level of the league you select to play from..

why would SI waste resources making a new "gameplay option" for either you and or Mike and I when you can just DO IT YOURSELF??

just because you start with your local town in England does not mean that others have to start from the bottom, that is your choice.. I don't watch soccer here in South Africa, I do not even support any of our teams being local like Durban City or Kaizer Chiefs.. they would be the last teams I want to manage

if you want to start at the bottom then that is your prerogative and can be done with just as much ease as it would take to start a game with united or newcastle :)

no way in **** will I be told and or forced who I have to manage from the start, I would just not buy the game

I agree, that would be more fun, if you start with smaller club and where you are good enough, you can manage big club ala milan, united, barc, real etc.

In real life most of coaches starting at small club...ferguson, allegri, conte, mourinho, boas.

They should add to the game as mode, so you can play if you want to.

I agree, that would be more fun, if you start with smaller club and where you are good enough, you can manage big club ala milan, united, barc, real etc.

In real life most of coaches starting at small club...ferguson, allegri, conte, mourinho, boas.

They should add to the game as mode, so you can play if you want to.

BUT you already can do this if you want to... set Sunday League experience and start with Blyth Spartans or some other team in the lower leagues.. start with some unkown 3rd tier team in Czech/Romania/Scotland..

you can do this already by choice, why would SI waste resources making this an option when it already is!!

just because that is how you play does not mean everyone has to play like that! you might think you are better than someone else who starts off as Ac Milan, well maybe you are! maybe you not, it is his choice who he wants to manage from the start as that is what he has paid for!

everyone plays this game for different reasons, just because you have one does not mean it now should become an option when in fact what you are saying already is..

why yes-it was the biggest pile of **** ever made. What is has to do with this though is another thing

My attempt at irony or sarcasm! Just thought that that was what was happening to this thread!

what you are trying to say in essence is that you want an elitist mode/option as you feel that what you do is far harder than what others do and you are correct, it is much harder :)

I have done it many times, many years ago, I still do it now, I have been there and got hundreds of t shirts.. I do not think that I am better because I won the EPL after 3 years with QPR when someone else as United won it in his first, both require the goods :)

it just feels like you want some sort of recognition from others and be singled out as you play lower league.. and we are not here for that :) nor is SI :)

what you are trying to say in essence is that you want an elitist mode/option as you feel that what you do is far harder than what others do and you are correct, it is much harder :)

I have done it many times, many years ago, I still do it now, I have been there and got hundreds of t shirts.. I do not think that I am better because I won the EPL after 3 years with QPR when someone else as United won it in his first, both require the goods :)

it just feels like you want some sort of recognition from others and be singled out as you play lower league.. and we are not here for that :) nor is SI :)

Not at all! No-one is asking for recognition, but as we are always being told, the game is striving for realism. And what is more realistic than starting at the bottom and working your way up? In what other game do you ever get to start at the top level?

Not at all! No-one is asking for recognition, but as we are always being told, the game is striving for realism. And what is more realistic than starting at the bottom and working your way up? In what other game do you ever get to start at the top level?

I get that, I do, but can you imagine the ramifications this would have on the game.. no one would buy it..

why would you want to manage United when you have not been there to shape the club how you want it.. by the time you are even considered your favourite team could be relegated and or in admin....

what you are asking/saying is never going to happen, due to the fact you already have that option, so if you like to do it, do it :) by all means, you don't have to impose how you play the game on millions of others...

I get that, I do, but can you imagine the ramifications this would have on the game.. no one would buy it..

why would you want to manage United when you have not been there to shape the club how you want it.. by the time you are even considered your favourite team could be relegated and or in admin....

what you are asking/saying is never going to happen, due to the fact you already have that option, so if you like to do it, do it :) by all means, you don't have to impose how you play the game on millions of others...

I made that very point when bringing up this subject initially. I said that if this was to happen then none of the "plastic" fans would buy the game. At the end of the day I appreciate that SI has to make money and for that reason nothing like this could ever reallistically be implemented.

Some managers start at the bottom, some way, some walk from the nature of their reputation. Anything these should be more choices, for example being a club legend without being well known. But the idea there is only one way to do it is elitist at best, especially when you refer to someone as plastic.

Some managers start at the bottom, some way, some walk from the nature of their reputation. Anything these should be more choices, for example being a club legend without being well known. But the idea there is only one way to do it is elitist at best, especially when you refer to someone as plastic.

Those kind really,really infuriate me. It's what put me off playing CoD online-came across some real arrogant "I'm gods gift to CoD" douchebags-elitist jerks. Used to be bad on WoW too-until I changed realms. People who think there is only one way to play this are just purely ignorant, arrogant and insulting

Who said there was only one way? I was just talking about the quest for realism! And as for the plastic thing, well that's another subject! But I loved the Chelsea fans chant yesterday......"We'll race you back to London"!

Those kind really,really infuriate me. It's what put me off playing CoD online-came across some real arrogant "I'm gods gift to CoD" douchebags-elitist jerks. Used to be bad on WoW too-until I changed realms. People who think there is only one way to play this are just purely ignorant, arrogant and insulting

Again, not being elitest, far from it, just expressing an opinion and making suggestions on how to get a more realistic game.

How about accumulating experience points that you're able to take from save to save? I mean, your achievements are logged in the game now, but do they actually mean anything when you're playing the game? If achievements were turned into some kind of experience points you would not be starting every new save as a novice and you would still get to manage a top team with it's present day squad, eventually!

Back