Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
Okay, the supporters - they are rarely ever satisfied. I took birmingham from 22nd in the champ to the prem in 5months via 2nd place. The following season finished 11th, during that time I drew at Man City 1-1: fans were slightly concerned. What??? Ok City did have 30 shots and we nicked it but come on, newly promoted side get a draw at man city. Beat Arsenal: fans are satisfied. Beat Everton 3-0 at goodison: fans are barely pleased. Considering this game goes all out for realism the fans reactions are completely absurd.

Again, not being elitest, far from it, just expressing an opinion and making suggestions on how to get a more realistic game.

How about accumulating experience points that you're able to take from save to save? I mean, your achievements are logged in the game now, but do they actually mean anything when you're playing the game? If achievements were turned into some kind of experience points you would not be starting every new save as a novice and you would still get to manage a top team with it's present day squad, eventually!

If they were for that kind of "realism", you would have to sit through a course first, and you would always start unemployed

The "realism" they aim for is within the ME (ie the most realistic attempt at a 90 minute match) and the idea of bringing through a club and shaping it through its daily and long term life, ie the core parts. And even then there are several things you are given the power to do that most clubs just wouldn't give you in real life such as feeder clubs etc, most continental clubs would force a director of football on you, you certainly would have a lot less power on transfers. There still must a be a balance within reason. That's why there is a balance and choice in the first place, the club finances are simplified, because in truth you would need to be a genius in maths and accounting.

Outside of the match engine there has always been a balance of what you can do. The exception being the match engine, which has always the aim of trying to replicate real life football

That premise has got little to do with shaping a more realistic game, for an extreme amount of work, just because you have a notion that people cannot immediately play as their side if its anywhere near the top. There are many more ways with a lot more substance that would better shape the game (i.e. being able to implement a club philosophy, and ethos, which you can sort of do now, but isn't recognised in game), than forcing someone to play though as Halifax as some kind of validation.

It would annoy a lot more than just the "plastic" fan, I mean that frankly is just comes across as sneering at someone for the side they support, and this is a long winded way of saying how dare you play as a big side first. Its the same attitude people have towards those who play FMC. It serves no purpose in actually pushing the game forwards in any way.

People play for different reasons, some I agree with, some I would never choose, but I certainly defend their right to play that way. and the idea of forcing them to run a gauntlet because it doesn't fit in with the notion of how you play just doesn't make sense. You say you're not being elitist, but that is what it is.

The fantasy of taking over any side has always been the core to FM, right back to when it was a niche game. Got nothing to with sales or accomodating people.

Anyway, its never going to go down this route, so that's the last from me on this matter

Last edited:
Please if anyone knows. This never happened to me before.
At the end of the season manutd made an offer for my player, thiago. Thiago signed a new contract with me/barca a few months back until 2018. Now he accepted the manutd 20mil offer and he's gone!! How did that happened? I could not do anything except watch him leave, i'm really confused...
That's the first time that this happened and i been playing for years now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Please if anyone knows. This never happened to me before.
At the end of the season manutd made an offer for my player, thiago. Thiago signed a new contract with me/barca a few months back until 2018. Now he accepted the manutd 20mil offer and he's gone!! How did that happened? I could not do anything except watch him leave, i'm really confused...
That's the first time that this happened and i been playing for years now

Did you have a £20m release fee in his contract? All Spanish contracts have release fees in them.

Did you have a £20m release fee in his contract? All Spanish contracts have release fees in them.

****, guess i did.
But my asking price was unspecified.
I'm such a dumbass to lose a player od that calibre

Okay, the supporters - they are rarely ever satisfied. I took birmingham from 22nd in the champ to the prem in 5months via 2nd place. The following season finished 11th, during that time I drew at Man City 1-1: fans were slightly concerned. What??? Ok City did have 30 shots and we nicked it but come on, newly promoted side get a draw at man city. Beat Arsenal: fans are satisfied. Beat Everton 3-0 at goodison: fans are barely pleased. Considering this game goes all out for realism the fans reactions are completely absurd.

I hate the fans. I have never seen that bar filled to the maximum after any game and I have won 9-0 before. This really does need to be sorted out. If your team is predicted to be relegated which I'm guessing yours was then your fans should be happy with any and all victories, and with a chain of victories they should get happier not become more used to winning so they are less impressed, which is what it seems like to me.

Injuries are still killing me. My star striker was initially injured and out for 3 months. In his first game back he gets another, totally unrelated injury, out for two weeks. He then returns to training and is injured in training the Friday before the next match. He then returns from injury, scores twice in his comeback reserve game........and obviously gets injured again! How many black cats (apologies to Sunderland fans) did this guy run over???? He played almost the entire previous season without so much as a bad cold!

sitting top on GD with Chelsea and city having to score 3 or more goals then us on the final day to over take us and win the league.

we win 3-0 and City are leading 3-0 in their game then score 3 goals in the final 5 minutes win 6-0 and are crowned champions :( I know how utd felt in real last season now

I'm way beyond sick of the injuries now. I have found it annoying that during my longterm save whenever I get success with a tactic a new update puts an end to it and I have to reshape my whole side but now I'm getting at least 2 injuries per game and it's shoddy as ****. There is no way you would put up for paying for another product with so many faults and failures which affect your enjoyment of said bought product without complaining. People say don't play it if it bothers you but I paid money to enjoy what I thought and was led to believe would be a great game. I have a right to be unhappy about buying something which isn't to a reasonable or expected standard. That's what frustrates me right now. That and people who have a go at people who aren't satisfied

just now getting into FM13, am Manchester United as usual, started off unbeaten in the Prem, Rooney out 3 weeks, lost to Villa 3-1, Rooney comes back and plays in a single game as a late sub, and then gets re-injured in training, out another 4-5 weeks :|

Ugh.

ppm - sometimes they're learning "a rejected ppm that i not choose from coach suggestion" ?

ex : player A - set him to learn knock the ball, later inbox came that he already finished place shots ( somehow this ppm was coach suggest, but i reject it , and choose knock ball instead ) . Player A training described that hes training knock ball, and still on progress and later knockball finished . place shots and knockball listed on Player A ppm list .

My biggest frustration is that im Hartlerpool into my fifth season came 9th last year in the premier league and wigan are in division one and they still have a better reputation than me and get better players if money wasnt an object

Biggest frustration is that no players want to come to my team anymore, I can give until 21k for wage, but every players wants more than 21k for his wage, in the beginning it was no problem to let players come to my team.
Does anybody know why this is? :(
Even if they have a wage of 200 at there clubs they wnt more than 21k at my club and if they go to another club they have a wage of 5k :/

Trust me free kicks are not easier to score than pens. Haven't had a missed pen yet and only scored 6 goals from free kicks.

Your pen takers are probably cack

Trust me free kicks are not easier to score than pens. Haven't had a missed pen yet and only scored 6 goals from free kicks.

Your pen takers are probably cack

ricky lambert has 17 pens and has scored 1 in 7....

he has 16 free kicks and has scored 6 in 14 games....

Defending is atrocious thanks to the match engine, I have players like Lahm getting skinned by Second Division players, and CBs leaving too much open space at the back.

On my Arsenal save QPR beat me 5-0 at Loftus R., because my defenders don't know how close space >:(.

Last edited:
Back